• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9224 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 133

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 196 Next
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 30 2012 23:12 GMT
#2641
On March 31 2012 04:26 Thehummel wrote:
What would the optimal perks for a offensive soldier?

Not going offense and instead playing raider offense.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
March 31 2012 01:01 GMT
#2642
lol raider is the one class i dont have unlocked yet. i dunno why, i totally dig going LO. i'm sure i'd like it even more with more hp and that shield pack
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
Clownz
Profile Joined February 2009
Finland53 Posts
March 31 2012 12:18 GMT
#2643
I just unlocked raider with armor and shieldpack upgrades. It's pretty easy to rack up kills without dying. I don't know when to use shield pack though. It feels like in most fights i'm just better off saving energy for my jetpack and staying in the air as long as possible.

How to use shield pack efficiently?
Radical dude!
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
March 31 2012 13:19 GMT
#2644
the trick is to activate shields only when you know you're going to get hit- for instance if you're coming in to land with energy to spare and someone with a fusor is going for you. Never just have your SP going, use it like... well, a shield. Swing it up to block incoming strikes, then get it out of your way.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Ripo
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium17 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 13:42:37
March 31 2012 13:41 GMT
#2645
On March 31 2012 21:18 Clownz wrote:
I just unlocked raider with armor and shieldpack upgrades. It's pretty easy to rack up kills without dying. I don't know when to use shield pack though. It feels like in most fights i'm just better off saving energy for my jetpack and staying in the air as long as possible.

How to use shield pack efficiently?


It depends on the enemy, iff u activate schield against a disc ore thumper user. u will stick to the ground cause of draind energy. WHat leads getting more projectile hits. Activate schield against smgs. vs projectiles u want to be in the air.
hmmmm
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 31 2012 15:38 GMT
#2646
Its also really useful versus chainguns, personally thats the only time I ever use it. Vs projectiles I'm normally better off just jetting.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
March 31 2012 19:47 GMT
#2647
If i purchase some gold during the BETA will it transfer over once it goes live? Just wonder, really starting to like the game.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 20:00:28
March 31 2012 19:59 GMT
#2648
On April 01 2012 04:47 Mithriel wrote:
If i purchase some gold during the BETA will it transfer over once it goes live? Just wonder, really starting to like the game.

Yes. Everything in the beta is carrying over, rank/exp/etc. Maybe there will be a class/weapon reset, but who knows Hi-Rez?
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
March 31 2012 20:00 GMT
#2649
On April 01 2012 04:47 Mithriel wrote:
If i purchase some gold during the BETA will it transfer over once it goes live? Just wonder, really starting to like the game.


Yup, everything transfers over from beta.
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
March 31 2012 20:35 GMT
#2650
Fucking forcefields.
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 17:01:46
April 01 2012 17:00 GMT
#2651
New round-up (courtesy of /r/tribes):
Hi-Rez sucks at April's fool
No, really they do
A release refund is not out of the question
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
April 01 2012 17:23 GMT
#2652
The april fool on spinfusor.org is made by Arcy not Hi-Rez, and so far he has probably fooled one guy with it.

As for reset before launch I remember someone other than Bart saying they'd do but not like it matters much if they don't. Actually I'd like they don't since I don't want to click again to unlock and upgrade everything.
Devil Trigger
Profile Joined March 2011
United States107 Posts
April 01 2012 21:41 GMT
#2653
Is getting the falcon for sentinel waste of XP because dueling is waste of time? Can't decide if I should get falcon for sentinel, or light rifle for pathfinder.

Whiteout grenade worth getting for raider?

How are chasers suppose catch 250+ cappers? I'm trying to get better as chaser and find it frustrating trying to catch 250+ grab cappers.

Other than dealing with fast cappers, or playing on Temple Ruins I'm enjoying the game. I stopped being stingy and unlocked some classes, gear, and upgrades three days ago. Trying to learn how to aim the crossbow.
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
April 01 2012 22:30 GMT
#2654
On April 02 2012 06:41 Devil Trigger wrote:
How are chasers suppose catch 250+ cappers? I'm trying to get better as chaser and find it frustrating trying to catch 250+ grab cappers.

Thrust pack + 2x impact nitrons, and stand on a hill with a nice slope, or something. That's what I do anyway, and it works out pretty well. On Temple Ruins however, I just go through the middle and try to intercept them instead, most of the time.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
April 01 2012 22:39 GMT
#2655
On April 02 2012 06:41 Devil Trigger wrote:
Is getting the falcon for sentinel waste of XP because dueling is waste of time? Can't decide if I should get falcon for sentinel, or light rifle for pathfinder.

Whiteout grenade worth getting for raider?

How are chasers suppose catch 250+ cappers? I'm trying to get better as chaser and find it frustrating trying to catch 250+ grab cappers.

Other than dealing with fast cappers, or playing on Temple Ruins I'm enjoying the game. I stopped being stingy and unlocked some classes, gear, and upgrades three days ago. Trying to learn how to aim the crossbow.

250+ cappers are hard to catch up to, but they generally are side-to-side routes. This means that while you won't be able to just follow them and catch up, you can get up to decent speed and head them off before they get back to base.

Also, with decent defense, you should be able to close the fastest routes with forcefields/mines/claymores and/or HoF attention.

Chasing is hard, though.
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 07:17:38
April 02 2012 07:16 GMT
#2656
On April 02 2012 06:41 Devil Trigger wrote:
Is getting the falcon for sentinel waste of XP because dueling is waste of time? Can't decide if I should get falcon for sentinel, or light rifle for pathfinder.

Whiteout grenade worth getting for raider?

How are chasers suppose catch 250+ cappers? I'm trying to get better as chaser and find it frustrating trying to catch 250+ grab cappers.

Other than dealing with fast cappers, or playing on Temple Ruins I'm enjoying the game. I stopped being stingy and unlocked some classes, gear, and upgrades three days ago. Trying to learn how to aim the crossbow.


I run safety third for Chase. I know reach is good, but to me, the extra nitron just gives me so much more flexibility. Using a single nitron on the stand still leaves me with 3 to work with, and against a really fast grab, you can thrust+nitron 3 times putting you at about 280kmh with 1 more nitron to stop the capper. With some practice, you can return a lot of the flags even without reach, but sometimes you will miss the return because someone else is using reach, which really sucks. Also, it allows for super fast egrabs, on kata I have thrust+nitroned 4 times to nab the flag under the enemy cappers nose at 330+.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 07:27:35
April 02 2012 07:26 GMT
#2657
On April 02 2012 06:41 Devil Trigger wrote:
Is getting the falcon for sentinel waste of XP because dueling is waste of time? Can't decide if I should get falcon for sentinel, or light rifle for pathfinder.


If you're able to park near the flag (as opposed to being shelled off it) I usually snipe an incoming capper, swap to Falcon, DPS them as they swing by, and then swap back to rifle and start chasing a bit.

Obviously map and situation dependent (you can go many games without needing to step off your spawn perch ofc) but I definitely find that being able to locate myself near the flag for mines + Falcon is more efficient... it's just that people usually don't let me hang around there unless it's Drydock or something.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
April 02 2012 08:50 GMT
#2658
So the other day I was spamming tank shots base-to-base on Arx Novena. Some other guy was capping our flag via a left to right route, and about when I fired my shot he was far, far above the base and falling onto the flag.

I hit him.

With a tank shot.

Across the fucking map.

IN MID AIR!

:D I've never laughed so much from a video game before.

Also I would like to recommend twitch.tv/zoidbergenstein for anyone who wants to learn how to play a capper. I've learned so many nice routes from his stream, it's pretty cool.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
SoundProof
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden99 Posts
April 02 2012 08:52 GMT
#2659
A while back in this thread someone posted different streams and vods sites for tribes. If someone would be so kind as to post a similar post I would be thankfull.
"Jag är för stark helt enkelt"
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
April 02 2012 09:09 GMT
#2660
So the other day I was spamming tank shots base-to-base on Arx Novena. Some other guy was capping our flag via a left to right route, and about when I fired my shot he was far, far above the base and falling onto the flag.

I hit him.

With a tank shot.

Across the fucking map.

IN MID AIR!

:D I've never laughed so much from a video game before.

Also I would like to recommend twitch.tv/zoidbergenstein for anyone who wants to learn how to play a capper. I've learned so many nice routes from his stream, it's pretty cool.


Basically what you're feeling is TribesEssence(tm)
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 257
BRAT_OK 109
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 897
Shuttle 696
Zeus 86
soO 43
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
Sacsri 8
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5176
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3234
Liquid`Hasu561
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe517
Livibee171
Pyrionflax169
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 53
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie697
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 57m
Patches Events
19h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.