• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:46
CEST 00:46
KST 07:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War365.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7597 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 131

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 196 Next
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
March 29 2012 03:51 GMT
#2601
Still wouldn't fix the fundamental issue of HO I think
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 29 2012 04:19 GMT
#2602
Brute doesn't have a chaingun of any sorts, and will be useless until it gets one.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Seiuchi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States931 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 04:21:23
March 29 2012 04:20 GMT
#2603
On March 29 2012 12:51 Southlight wrote:
Still wouldn't fix the fundamental issue of HO I think


I only started playing the game a bit ago and I'm still pretty bad, but if Brute got buffed enough couldn't it be part of a coherent offense? I mean, it clears stand decently well with disco inferno if you're trying to hit timings. I mean, I understand it's outclassed by Raider in almost everything, but with maybe another weapon option for primary?

Edit: n/m answered basically while I typed this
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 29 2012 04:25 GMT
#2604
On March 29 2012 13:20 Seiuchi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 12:51 Southlight wrote:
Still wouldn't fix the fundamental issue of HO I think


I only started playing the game a bit ago and I'm still pretty bad, but if Brute got buffed enough couldn't it be part of a coherent offense? I mean, it clears stand decently well with disco inferno if you're trying to hit timings. I mean, I understand it's outclassed by Raider in almost everything, but with maybe another weapon option for primary?

Edit: n/m answered basically while I typed this

Any class that doesn't have a chaingun probably won't see the light of day in competition. Exception being the technician due to turrets, but thats pretty much faded away in the US scene. It was in the "metagame' so to speak for a while.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
March 29 2012 04:28 GMT
#2605
I've been playing Tribes games since Aerial Assault, and damn, this didn't disappoint. I am hooked and can't wait for more content to be added.

Shazbot!
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
March 29 2012 05:09 GMT
#2606
so source engine has a list of commands easily searchable for users to change in their games
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Console_Command_List

since tribes uses unreal3, is there a command list that you can use that are client side to help with latency? like you can in source
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
March 29 2012 06:22 GMT
#2607
On March 29 2012 05:05 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 04:14 Keltanokka wrote:
I started playing raider on stand with the arxbuster and jammer pack today. It's really funny as all the inf's just run right past you and get revealed while all the cappers get 1-2 stickies in the face and a smg follow up if they live. I forgot just how good the raider was, haven't played him in almost a month now.


NONONONONO
Use shield pack+grenade launcher or I will hate you for all eternity.


But trolling the 5-8 inf's with the scrambler pack is so much fun .
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
March 29 2012 08:49 GMT
#2608
On March 29 2012 12:50 GARO wrote:
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/307
Brute buffs?!

Love the increased range on Rage. It was so fickle at times. The spinfusor velocity normalization is also good. Very cool patch overall, although the lamer part of me will mourn the (rather deserved) Jackal adjustment.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 11:28:04
March 29 2012 11:03 GMT
#2609
Yeah, the jackal nerf was sorely needed, especially for midairs. We'll see how much use it'll see now, but it definitely feels like jackal + smoke nades actually might be a better option than fusor + stickies.

Edit: Also, Blinky: any chance of a recording of that cap route?
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
March 29 2012 11:58 GMT
#2610
On March 29 2012 20:03 pettter wrote:
Yeah, the jackal nerf was sorely needed, especially for midairs. We'll see how much use it'll see now, but it definitely feels like jackal + smoke nades actually might be a better option than fusor + stickies.

Edit: Also, Blinky: any chance of a recording of that cap route?


Still sticking with Rhino for the consistent damage dealing. It's an almost dead accurate SMG with a high projectile speed and fairly large clip size. It takes down flaggers too effectively for me to give it up. Jackal was definitely OP in its initial form, though. I think this Jackal nerf is kind of... missing the point somewhat, Blizzard style, but it'll do the job.

Brute buffs are like taking a paper towel to Hurricane Katrina.

The rest of the changes are solid. Not a huge patch, but spinfusors all finally getting the same speed = overdue.
TL+ Member
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
March 29 2012 13:00 GMT
#2611
I've finally figured out how to play fucking Arx Novena. Terrible, terrible map in my opinion. I've given up any hope of ever doing any capping on that map. I can never get a clean grab ;_;

I also seem to be one of the few people who actually like Sunstar and Temple Ruins. Maybe because chasing is easy on those maps, but I don't know.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 29 2012 13:02 GMT
#2612
On March 29 2012 22:00 Scalepad wrote:
I've finally figured out how to play fucking Arx Novena. Terrible, terrible map in my opinion. I've given up any hope of ever doing any capping on that map. I can never get a clean grab ;_;

I also seem to be one of the few people who actually like Sunstar and Temple Ruins. Maybe because chasing is easy on those maps, but I don't know.


I love Temple Ruins simply because as Infiltrator, stalking people in the generator room is incredibly easy, the same is not really true of Arx Novena.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
March 29 2012 13:24 GMT
#2613
Just because you can't do a clean grab on Arx doesn't mean it's a bad map...
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
March 29 2012 14:23 GMT
#2614
OK, so a quick rundown of the maps for capping (obviously completely subjective and personal opinions, and mostly relevant to pubs since I'm not whitelisted and not part of a team in any way, shape or form):

Katabatic: Wonderful, wonderful map, I have several routes from most spawns, and though forcefields and mines can make things difficult, I can usually adjust, and the only good defense against my caps is to spot me in time and either hit me when incoming or shoot the stand as I go for the grab.

Arx: Much more easy to defend, and I haven't got the back-to-fronts down properly. side caps are easily shut down with forcefields and mines in the tunnels, though good infils/HO can alleviate that somewhat. Going for front-to-backs/diagonals is doable, usually, but leaves me vulnerable to good chasers.

Crossfire: Multiple ways to set up side grabs, though the left-to-rights (from DS view) is kinda iffy, since you need to either go slightly diagonal, or have just the right amount of speed to not hit the protrusion from the ship, and also not hit the other platform. Front-to-backs are usually just for egrabs, since the inside is usually mined/forcefielded to hell and back, and back-to-fronts are not really viable for the same reason. Fun map, all in all. I would've like more space behind the bases though. As it is, it's pretty cramped.

Drydock: Such an open stand! The only reason this isn't as easy to cap on as katabatic is because you have the huge mountain just behind the base. Still, there are numerous viable paths, and if there's any HO at all, the stand is more than likely to be constantly clear. Chasers is not as much of a worry, unless I hit a snag of some sort.

Temple Ruins: Map of speed! So far the only map I've managed >300 grabs on, but I tend to try to keep my health up when going in for the grab, sacrificing speed. The pillars around the stand are very obnoxious though, and the routes are also kinda limited (or I may just not have found more than a few good ones).

Sunstar: I despise this map. Far too small, not enough alternatives when trying to grab, the forcefields shutting down all but a few routes, and now even denying bounces. I should probably just go explore it more, but I simply can't find the hills and general space needed to build speed properly.

In general I enjoy the bigger maps much more, though that might be because there are so many people in the public servers. 16v16 on sunstar is just.. ugh..
Issor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States870 Posts
March 29 2012 17:24 GMT
#2615
hitscan weapons can damage your own deplayables and generator atm \o/
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
March 29 2012 18:25 GMT
#2616
On March 29 2012 22:24 Ethenielle wrote:
Just because you can't do a clean grab on Arx doesn't mean it's a bad map...

OK mister.


I can't have fun cappin' on that map, so I think it's a bad map. OK?
ohmkerg
Profile Joined November 2011
United States102 Posts
March 29 2012 18:45 GMT
#2617
On March 30 2012 03:25 Scalepad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 22:24 Ethenielle wrote:
Just because you can't do a clean grab on Arx doesn't mean it's a bad map...

OK mister.


I can't have fun cappin' on that map, so I think it's a bad map. OK?


i consistently get 200~ speed grabs going front to back. back to front can be a little wonky but i still love the map....and all i do is cap
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 19:13:47
March 29 2012 19:12 GMT
#2618
On March 30 2012 03:45 ohmkerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:25 Scalepad wrote:
On March 29 2012 22:24 Ethenielle wrote:
Just because you can't do a clean grab on Arx doesn't mean it's a bad map...

OK mister.


I can't have fun cappin' on that map, so I think it's a bad map. OK?


i consistently get 200~ speed grabs going front to back. back to front can be a little wonky but i still love the map....and all i do is cap

I can't get decent grabs at all on Arx. The only way I'll reach 150+ is by using thrust pack through one of the tunnels D: but usually the dirty sandrakers aren't dumb enough to let me get away with that.
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
March 29 2012 19:15 GMT
#2619
On March 30 2012 03:45 ohmkerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:25 Scalepad wrote:
On March 29 2012 22:24 Ethenielle wrote:
Just because you can't do a clean grab on Arx doesn't mean it's a bad map...

OK mister.


I can't have fun cappin' on that map, so I think it's a bad map. OK?


i consistently get 200~ speed grabs going front to back. back to front can be a little wonky but i still love the map....and all i do is cap


That's fine.

It still doesn't make it a bad map. I'm also surprised you're still playing the game if the learning curve on caproutes makes maps shitty to you. Really weird mentality.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
March 29 2012 19:25 GMT
#2620
On March 30 2012 04:15 Ethenielle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 03:45 ohmkerg wrote:
On March 30 2012 03:25 Scalepad wrote:
On March 29 2012 22:24 Ethenielle wrote:
Just because you can't do a clean grab on Arx doesn't mean it's a bad map...

OK mister.


I can't have fun cappin' on that map, so I think it's a bad map. OK?


i consistently get 200~ speed grabs going front to back. back to front can be a little wonky but i still love the map....and all i do is cap


That's fine.

It still doesn't make it a bad map. I'm also surprised you're still playing the game if the learning curve on caproutes makes maps shitty to you. Really weird mentality.

You're quoting the wrong person, bro.

Anyway. Spoiler alert: I wasn't serious. Of course it's not a fucking terrible map just because I'm bad at grabbing, jesus christ. I just don't like the map very much.
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 158
ProTech133
ViBE90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4193
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 312
Liquid`Hasu262
ToD208
PPMD29
JuggernautJason18
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1056
• Shiphtur583
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
14m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.