• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7198 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 38

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 698 Next
Liudo
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom344 Posts
July 06 2011 19:15 GMT
#741
I really really like Far Cry 2. It's one of my favourite games. Beware, it's not for everyone. Lots of people dislike it because getting around the open-world map can be tiresome due to fast respawn times of the enemy guards. However, I found the story-line and atmosphere very immersive. The graphics and gameplay I found to be excellent. You can really use a lot of different tactics to get things done: stealth, arson, explosives, sniping... etc etc.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 06 2011 19:48 GMT
#742
Games I have experience with:

1. King's Bounty franchise: I've only played Armored Princess and the Crossworlds. Its like Heroes of Might and Magic, but with no town building, nor are there enemies that actively seek you out. I don't know about The Legend, but I visited the 1C forums(the publisher of the game, its Russian), and from a difficulty standpoint Legend is said to be quite easy. Armored Princess is quite alot harder. Crossworlds offers the same thing as Armored Princess does(same campaign map) but more units and two mini-campaigns, and revised mechanics.

2. GTA 4 and Episodes from LC: GTA 4 is really a great game. I don't know what to say about it. However I did have problems running it on PC originally when it first came out. Now I have a 6850 and it works fairly fine.

3.Killing Floor + L4D: These two are the same types of games. FPS zombie killers, just that the mechanics are different. In Killing Floor you acquire weapons from a merchant after every wave and there is a timer of 1minute so you need to be close to the merchant as the wave is about to be finished off. So its gameplay evolves around killing off waves of zombies and resupplying at a merchant with various spawnpoints after every wave. There are also classes to differentiate the types of gameplay possible. While all classes can buy any weapons, there are class discounts for certain weapons and proficiencies to help them fight off zombies easier, in a group play setting.

L4D does not feature classes or weapon merchants, instead each map is basically divided into safezones, whereupon reaching one you begin loading the next part of the map along with resupplying inside the safezone. Weapons/items/zombie spawns are all taken care of by the AI Director, which determines based on your current progress and various other factors what to spawn and where to spawn them. Both are very good zombie games but these are the major differences between them.
Toshihito_TL
Profile Joined January 2010
Australia145 Posts
July 06 2011 19:54 GMT
#743
Jamestown is a pretty amazing Indie shooter and is a great steal at $5 especially for any touhou fans. I would strongly recommend it to any fans of aeroplane shooters and not just bullet hell type fans.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
July 06 2011 20:42 GMT
#744
Jamestown is a great way to get into genre, starts quite easy but ramps up in difficulty, Judgement isn't a cakewalk. Would have liked the online co-op though, even if badly implemented... been amazing on local with bunch of friends when they came over to play with controllers.

Quite good deals on Batman, GTAIV, KF and L4D2. Prototype is pretty meh, it's fun for a while for sure but would've liked it to go lower. Can't really comment on rest as I chatted with few friends who have Far Cry and they said it's really repetitive (I've got other FPS to play anyway).

Lost Planet looked pretty nice, but almost everywhere they write that controls are horrible.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
July 06 2011 22:11 GMT
#745
Get King's Bounty while it's hot. Spent so many hours on the first one. Now I will with Armored Princess :D Also much more fun than Heroes imo.
Revolutionist fan
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
July 06 2011 22:51 GMT
#746
Hmm maybe this is a dumb question, but do expansions from steam work if you didnt get the original game from steam? My mom plays Sims 3 retail but never got any expansions so i was just wondering if that was possible.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 06 2011 22:58 GMT
#747
Batman: AA is a great game!
GTA IV Episodes is so good, I love that game even though I haven't played a single mission. But when Saints Row 3 comes out, I'll be all over that :x
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 23:14:34
July 06 2011 23:07 GMT
#748
On July 07 2011 07:51 DannyJ wrote:
Hmm maybe this is a dumb question, but do expansions from steam work if you didnt get the original game from steam? My mom plays Sims 3 retail but never got any expansions so i was just wondering if that was possible.


You should add the game to steam with the serial via Games -> activate a product on steam. If that works, the expansions will work (you will probably need to reinstall the game via steam)
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 06 2011 23:32 GMT
#749
Just realised King's Bounty: The Legend isn't supposed to support Windows 7, was crashing every few minutes. After that I disabled V-Sync and AA and it seems to have helped or I'm just lucky for time being.

Anyone have experience playing KB succesfully on W7?
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
July 06 2011 23:36 GMT
#750
On July 07 2011 08:32 Vaelone wrote:
Just realised King's Bounty: The Legend isn't supposed to support Windows 7, was crashing every few minutes. After that I disabled V-Sync and AA and it seems to have helped or I'm just lucky for time being.

Anyone have experience playing KB succesfully on W7?

try checking what these people talk about: http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1329707.htm
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
July 07 2011 00:52 GMT
#751
Buy GTAIV, it is amazing. I bought a new desktop back in january of 08 just to have better graphics in GTA. Here is a video of me playing GTAIV with a custom mod I made.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 07 2011 01:10 GMT
#752
On July 07 2011 08:32 Vaelone wrote:
Anyone have experience playing KB succesfully on W7?


I played it around Christmas on Win7 (64bit) without problem. I dont remember if I had problems at the start and fixed this (via disabling AA or something like that). But I do know I played a lot of it and it basically never crashed.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 07 2011 03:48 GMT
#753
On July 07 2011 10:10 Zocat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 08:32 Vaelone wrote:
Anyone have experience playing KB succesfully on W7?


I played it around Christmas on Win7 (64bit) without problem. I dont remember if I had problems at the start and fixed this (via disabling AA or something like that). But I do know I played a lot of it and it basically never crashed.


Same here, I'm on Win7 (64bit) and I could play KB as well fine as well.
AntiLegend
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany247 Posts
July 07 2011 04:12 GMT
#754
On July 07 2011 09:52 gn1k wrote:
Buy GTAIV, it is amazing. I bought a new desktop back in january of 08 just to have better graphics in GTA. Here is a video of me playing GTAIV with a custom mod I made.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjz-w-7s8xo


amazing. best scene is the bus barrel-roll @1:30
Antipathy
Profile Joined June 2008
United States222 Posts
July 07 2011 05:37 GMT
#755
I'm a huge Killing Floor fan. It's got a fun level up system that makes you stronger the more you play a class. Also experience and level is saved from game to game. The harder difficulties really pose a challenge and require sound strategic positioning as well as on the fly decisions to succeed. This game is a ton of fun to play with friends. There is also a solo mode where you can grind up your level if you are into that kind of thing.
"All give some, some give all"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 05:46 GMT
#756
The one thing I could never do or understand are the helicopter missions. How the fuck do you fly it and shoot?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 07 2011 06:17 GMT
#757
Yeah at first I didn't understand how to do the helicopter missions either, but I realized that it was just easier to control the chopper with just keyboard rather than keyboard and mouse.
Phenny
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1435 Posts
July 07 2011 06:19 GMT
#758
GTA IV? 1st person makes helicopter easy as.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 06:33 GMT
#759
I use just the keyboard, but you're using the numpad + wasd to move. How do you shoot?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Phenny
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 06:33:52
July 07 2011 06:33 GMT
#760
On July 07 2011 15:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
I use just the keyboard, but you're using the numpad + wasd to move. How do you shoot?


Space, with thumb
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 743
Hyun 55
NotJumperer 42
Bale 34
Killer 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto173
League of Legends
JimRising 525
Counter-Strike
edward1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7974
Coldzera 719
olofmeister483
ceh9479
WinterStarcraft389
C9.Mang0280
Sick135
NeuroSwarm95
Happy39
ViBE24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1013
• Jankos632
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 29m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.