• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:30
CEST 09:30
KST 16:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7218 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 698 Next
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
July 06 2011 17:26 GMT
#721
On July 07 2011 02:24 crate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 02:19 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Anybody have any opinions on King's Bounty? I have it saved on my wishlist so apparently I was interested at some point or another. I guess I was hoping it'd play like Final Fantasy if anybody can confirm or deny such things.

It's nothing like Final Fantasy. It's basically Heroes of Might and Magic except you have one hero and rather than multiple different campaign missions you basically get one big long mission.


It's also a bit harder and has no multiplayer/skirmish, it's really fun though.
Xorphene
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom492 Posts
July 06 2011 17:27 GMT
#722
Arkham Asylum is well worth buying. Fantastic game.
T: Polt, Fantasy, Flash, Jjakji. P: HerO, Rain, Grubby, SoS. Z: Jaedong, Scarlett, Snute, Life. Casters: ToD, Apollo, MrBitter, Artosis, Day[9].
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
July 06 2011 17:27 GMT
#723
Prototype is awesome, I can only recommend it. Whether you just want to roam around the city killing stuff or completing challenges or actually follow the (pretty decent) story, it's a hell of a ride.
PDizzle
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark1754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 17:35:40
July 06 2011 17:29 GMT
#724
dammit, waited for l4d2, but now i don't have any money left T.T

On the games though:
played a bit of gothic 4: arcania, didn't really dig it :/
Not much to say about GTA 4, it's a must have, altough i never got around to play the expansion packs
prototype is cool.
Batman arkam asylum is pretty sweet too.
Kings bounty is kinda meh, I played it alot but didn't seem like anything special.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
July 06 2011 17:30 GMT
#725
Arkham Asylum has been one of the best games I've ever played, and it's Batman. It's really good all around, you will not regret the purchase by any measure.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 06 2011 17:32 GMT
#726
On July 07 2011 02:26 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 02:24 crate wrote:
On July 07 2011 02:19 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Anybody have any opinions on King's Bounty? I have it saved on my wishlist so apparently I was interested at some point or another. I guess I was hoping it'd play like Final Fantasy if anybody can confirm or deny such things.

It's nothing like Final Fantasy. It's basically Heroes of Might and Magic except you have one hero and rather than multiple different campaign missions you basically get one big long mission.


It's also a bit harder and has no multiplayer/skirmish, it's really fun though.


Thanks. I was worried I wouldn't be buying anything this sale since I already own practically everything, but I guess I found something after all.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
OrchidThief
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 17:40:11
July 06 2011 17:32 GMT
#727
On July 07 2011 02:30 shindigs wrote:
Arkham Asylum has been one of the best games I've ever played, and it's Batman. It's really good all around, you will not regret the purchase by any measure.


It's great, felt a bit stupid that almost all actions were initiated by pushing space. Too many weird collectables things too that added almost nothing to the game.
deepfield1
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States373 Posts
July 06 2011 17:43 GMT
#728
Buying these for sure:

Arkham Asylum
GTA4
Prototype

Considering:
Lost Planet 2 (any reviews of this? the visuals look good)
Faerie
Profile Joined November 2006
39 Posts
July 06 2011 17:46 GMT
#729
Batman - AA and King's Bounty purchased. When prices are this low I just can't resist buying.
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
July 06 2011 17:53 GMT
#730
Super super super happy that the sims had a franchise sale, great for picking up packs you're missing rather than buying the bundle. It's one of the main things I wanted from the sale, now if only codies would do the same with their racing games so I can get dirt 3
ScaryOlive
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada121 Posts
July 06 2011 17:59 GMT
#731
On July 07 2011 02:53 skipgamer wrote:
Super super super happy that the sims had a franchise sale, great for picking up packs you're missing rather than buying the bundle. It's one of the main things I wanted from the sale, now if only codies would do the same with their racing games so I can get dirt 3



I have a question about the sims 3. I am considering it for my girlfriend (cause she stills play the original one on her laptop). Is this one really more complicated then the first one and are the expansions really necessary?
Be Careful with that axe Eugene...
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
July 06 2011 18:05 GMT
#732
I was waiting for GTA4 complete but 32gb download.. damn. I already have it and Lost & the Damned on 360 so I guess I'll pass
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
July 06 2011 18:09 GMT
#733
done buying. Got my assassin's creed and arkham. NO MORE
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 06 2011 18:11 GMT
#734
Left 4 Dead 2 is $5! My friends and I were talking about playing it yesterday but I didn't have it. lucky me ^_^
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
July 06 2011 18:13 GMT
#735
Killing Floor is a fun mesh of Counter-Strike and Left4Dead where you fight waves of zombies, earn cash and buy bigger guns to take on the bigger, more deadly zombies. Multiple difficulty levels, various classes and weapons and takes some strategy (mostly kiting) to avoid getting utterly swamped by legions of the damned things. Very fun to play with your buddies.
xccam
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Great Britain1154 Posts
July 06 2011 18:16 GMT
#736
My friend and I now have Frozen Synapse.

Do not regret. 100% recomend.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
July 06 2011 18:18 GMT
#737
Far Cry is so good and so cheap that I want to buy it again -.-

Steam, why u no let me have it twice on my account!???
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
MontereyJack
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany12 Posts
July 06 2011 18:23 GMT
#738
i want the left4dead 2 four pack for me and my friends, but i live in germany, so we would have to settle for the low violence version. if somebody would be willing to buy it and gift it to me, in exchange for the gift code of a game of your liking (that is worth roughly the same), go ahead and pm me!
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 18:47:11
July 06 2011 18:43 GMT
#739
On July 07 2011 02:59 ScaryOlive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 02:53 skipgamer wrote:
Super super super happy that the sims had a franchise sale, great for picking up packs you're missing rather than buying the bundle. It's one of the main things I wanted from the sale, now if only codies would do the same with their racing games so I can get dirt 3



I have a question about the sims 3. I am considering it for my girlfriend (cause she stills play the original one on her laptop). Is this one really more complicated then the first one and are the expansions really necessary?

While the basic premise is the same, sims 3 has matured a lot since the first one, there are new goals (a lifetime wish for example, and job or social based "opportunities" within your town, also reward points for achieving something your sim wants to do which you can use to purchase new unique items or abilities), and more of a sense of accomplishment when completing tasks.

Also the virtual-social aspect of the game is much better allowing for more engaging social relationships with sims in the town. And of course the graphics and animations etc are better. Skills are also a lot more fun to level up, and in most cases can provide an alternate stream of revenue (eg, busking with an instrument skill, or selling paintings, hacking with your logic skill, writing books and winning chess tournaments)

The expansions aren't necessary, but the base game does get old after a while. The expansions basically add new jobs and skills, items and towns. Each expansion has a main new feature, for example nightlife is allowing apartment living, ambitions add's new careers which are like jobs except you actually control the sim while they are at "work", world adventures adds holidays overseas and generations has more features focused on raising a family. The stuff packs have no new features, just items, I give them a "meh" and are mostly for completionists who want everything.

There is enough to keep you busy with the base game for a few weeks (or months for a girl), but not much past that in my opinion.

But if they are new to sims 3 there is nothing wrong at all with just picking up the base game and seeing if they enjoy it. I highly recommend it.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 06 2011 19:14 GMT
#740
Bought King's Bounty, been looking at the serie for a long time now but wasn't sure whether I would enjoy it or not so never got into buying it. 6€ for whole trilogy was just too good to pass for me even if I don't end up playing through them all.

I can easily recommend Arkham Asylum if you like Batman or third-person action games. Probably worth playing even if you don't.

Also I have GTA:IV on PS3 and heard the PC port wasn't the best, probably still worth getting for the price.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 743
Hyun 55
NotJumperer 42
Bale 34
Killer 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto173
League of Legends
JimRising 525
Counter-Strike
edward1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7974
Coldzera 719
olofmeister483
ceh9479
WinterStarcraft389
C9.Mang0280
Sick135
NeuroSwarm95
Happy39
ViBE24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1013
• Jankos632
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 30m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.