• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 698 Next
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
July 07 2011 18:33 GMT
#781
I never realized Company of Heroes was supposed to be that good. I'm definitely picking up the pack. (although its a little surprising the pack isn't discounted any more than buying all the parts individually)

Very happy a good RTS came up for sale, that's one genre I was missing buying. ^^
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 18:34:36
July 07 2011 18:34 GMT
#782
Pepperoni: It's terrible game, don't even bother. Sim City 4 is perfectly fine and cheaper. CitiesXL is bugged as fucked and the developers never gave a shit about it.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
July 07 2011 18:35 GMT
#783
Loving this sale. Just picked up Civ 5 for $25, HoMM 5 with all expacs for $5 and Sims 3 for $14 over the past week.
I will eat you alive
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
July 07 2011 19:11 GMT
#784
Today's sale looks pretty good....
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 19:30 GMT
#785
Get CS: S obviously.
How is Dead Rising 2?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 07 2011 19:31 GMT
#786
The only game I've played in today's sale is AudioSurf. Its another music game where you collect blocks as you run down the road(your pace is determined by the tempo of the music) and the amount of blocks is determined by the beat I believe. Its quite fun for a while and something to come back too as well. I like it better than Beat Hazard as this one is a lot easier on the eyes.

Need advice which C&C titles to pick up, and in general advice on today's games.
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
July 07 2011 19:32 GMT
#787
On July 08 2011 03:34 Torte de Lini wrote:
Pepperoni: It's terrible game, don't even bother. Sim City 4 is perfectly fine and cheaper. CitiesXL is bugged as fucked and the developers never gave a shit about it.


While that is true, I'm gonna assume he is talking about CitiesXL 2011 which is the one sale and not the old version.
The previous developer/publisher failed hard after investing in the game and didn't manage to finish it, they had to put it out. But then later on they got bought out, got people working on it again to fix it and make it into the game it should've been in the first place.
If that's the case then for a pure modern day city builder it should be quite good. Especially if you haven't played any of the City Life's, which was the game the original team made before CitiesXL, because the society tiers and different mixes of people needed to fill different sectors that sort of made that game special are pretty cool. Even though I can't compare it to Anno or Settlers, maybe it isn't comparable.
Just wanted to get that out there because as much as I hate that there is no new Sim City coming, I feel that's a very unfair judgement for one of the few games that approaches a Sim City in current times decently.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
July 07 2011 19:33 GMT
#788
How many hours will singleplayer Company of Heroes take?
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 07 2011 19:35 GMT
#789
On July 08 2011 04:31 freddievercetti wrote:
The only game I've played in today's sale is AudioSurf. Its another music game where you collect blocks as you run down the road(your pace is determined by the tempo of the music) and the amount of blocks is determined by the beat I believe. Its quite fun for a while and something to come back too as well. I like it better than Beat Hazard as this one is a lot easier on the eyes.

Need advice which C&C titles to pick up, and in general advice on today's games.


I've tested all of the C&C games since Tiberium Wars. Red Alert 3 has some great cooperative gameplay, but I'm not sure if the multiplayer is still alive.

Tiberium Wars is decent too, but stay away from #4 which completely killed itself and destroyed whatever innovative stunt they were trying to pull.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
July 07 2011 19:46 GMT
#790
I'd definitely agree with C&C4 being mutilated. You could totally tell they had like... no idea what they were doing. It was awful and broke my heart.

Audiosurf is worth it if you still don't have it. CS:S if you still don't have it. I enjoyed watching Dead Rising 2, but I've had friends who had mixed feelings about it. I don't think I can speak for anything else. Cept Quake, again. If you still haven't tried any of it.

I think I'll end up just getting CoH Tales of Valor. :S Being kind of a cheap ass now because there are still a couple of more days of this... wallet destroyer week.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
July 07 2011 19:46 GMT
#791
All the C&C were fine aside from 4, there's lots of differing opinions about the 3rd games, but I found them to be alright. At that price they should have very good value as far as gameplay hours go just by campaigns.

Not too sure about how active the multiplayer is anymore, most of the time I play with and against friends, uncertain about current balance too. RA3 had those pretty ridiculous turret pushes, at least on small maps.
Argoth.
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1961 Posts
July 07 2011 19:46 GMT
#792
On July 08 2011 04:33 Arnstein wrote:
How many hours will singleplayer Company of Heroes take?

The campaign definately isn't short, especially when you have the addons. My guess would be 15 to 20h for each campaign, depending on the difficulty ofc.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 20:10:27
July 07 2011 20:10 GMT
#793
I think I might just pick up C&C3 and Kane's Wrath and that would be it. I looked at the metacritic scores and the RA 3 series seem to suck more than the original series.

What about Cities XL 2011? I remember people complained about this game hell of a lot about bugs, as well as something about paying more for some online features, trading between cities and stuff.

Also Fate of the World if anybody knows what its about!

Edit: Also Chun-li with 2 right feets is just so hot!
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
July 07 2011 20:11 GMT
#794
What i've done today:
Bought Quake 2.
Installed Quake 2.
Started Quake 2.
Soundtrack starts. Turned up the volume!!

The soundtrack is so good. Brings back so many memories
"!@€#" - as some guy said
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
July 07 2011 20:13 GMT
#795
im considering cities xl 2011 and CoH. I have CoH and OP, not ToV in retail version and its a pain keeping track of discs, so i may just spend the $12 to have them forever... ahhh choices choices
deathly rat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom911 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 20:21:00
July 07 2011 20:17 GMT
#796
Having played The Longest Journey years ago I got the sequel called Dreamfall:The longest journey, yesterday. It seems really faithful to the original, and I have been getting very nostalgic at some of the old locations. It's an adventure game, but it isn't as taxing as monkey island or anything like that. They are all pretty simple puzzles, which allow you to enjoy the story.

Anyway, you can get both in a bundle on steam for £3.75. A great investment if you like adventure games, as i do.
No logo (logo)
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 07 2011 20:26 GMT
#797
There isn't enough "quality" feedback on the steam forum to warrant a purchase on Cities XL 2011 for me, and the official forums(http://forum.citiesxl.com/) doesn't work for me either.

And yeah I would pick up TLJ + Dreamfall and Syberia bundles at the last day of the sale, just in case they put it up for a cheaper price
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 07 2011 20:29 GMT
#798
Can you use your own music (mp3s) with AudioSurf?
mardi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1164 Posts
July 07 2011 20:31 GMT
#799
I would advise ppl to stay away from cities xl 2011. it is really buggy and only launches like 10% of the time for me. it's a really frustrating when you can't play a game you bought and don't know how to fix the problem.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 20:33:39
July 07 2011 20:32 GMT
#800
Last I played yes, but there is a certain limit in length. I believe the cap for me is 10 minutes or so, the game couldn't handle anymore. Not really sure if its dependent on system spec(RAM) though. That was when I had Windows XP and 3gigs of RAM

Edit: Talking about audiosurf for the poster above of the above me.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
SteadfastSC 113
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
910 64
Bale 15
Super Smash Bros
PPMD46
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1083
Other Games
summit1g6956
Grubby2254
shahzam592
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 62
• Hupsaiya 38
• Hinosc 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.