• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7811 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 42

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 698 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 08 2011 05:03 GMT
#821
On July 08 2011 10:21 floor exercise wrote:
Did anyone buy Sanctum and is it any good?


I'm wodnering this too. Is it only a multiplayer game? Are the graphics nice?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Antipathy
Profile Joined June 2008
United States222 Posts
July 08 2011 05:11 GMT
#822
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a great game. I've never been a fan of the Lara Croft series at all, but this one doesn't really follow the formula for the other LC games. It's a top-down platform puzzle game, all of which can be done on two player co-op. Playing with a friend is an absolute blast, and hilarious when you're trying to figure the puzzle out but end up killing each other accidentally. The game is a good length, I'd say it is worth full price, but a steal at $3.74.
"All give some, some give all"
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 05:16:05
July 08 2011 05:15 GMT
#823
If anyone has an extra copy of Frozen Synapse (it comes with 2), I'll gift Terraria for it.

On July 08 2011 14:03 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 10:21 floor exercise wrote:
Did anyone buy Sanctum and is it any good?


I'm wodnering this too. Is it only a multiplayer game? Are the graphics nice?

It has single player. Download the demo and try it out!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 08 2011 05:17 GMT
#824
I have the game, I just need to download it from Steam (I have limited bandwidth, so I can't just download stuff and try) D:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 09:39:31
July 08 2011 06:06 GMT
#825
I bought it(Sanctum) and played some of it just now. Its tower defense foremost, so if it's not your cup of tea this should be the first warning sign. There are 5 levels in it with varying difficulties and an endless mode for some replayability, When you play, there is a rest phase where you can buy towers/blocking buildings/slow traps and upgrade your weapons. Then you have the fight phase where the wave comes.

You have towers that'd you expect to see from a TD like a low dmg rapid fire tower/high dmg low fire tower/long range AOE tower/AA tower that sort of stuff. The variety isn't huge but you cover the weakness of your towers with your own set of weapons. The variety of mobs is okay, for example there are mobs that require you to hit them from the back or on the head so you need to do some of those yourself(not all turrets can hit head), or mobs that turtle up after being hit which will keep towers focused on them instead of other mobs. Waves can come in two different mob types, haven't seen three types yet.

I haven't tried the multiplayer, for some reason I and a few others can only see 1 or 2 games (which coincidentally were full), whereas others see 20+ games going on. This is a hit or miss issue, so I can't tell you anymore about the multiplayer section since I'm in the miss part.

In general the FPS section is there to help town down the boringness section where you watch your towers kill stuff each wave(like in some SC2 TD customs). Defense Grid avoids this by having each wave come at preset times, so you'll still have to keep at your toes obviously. Its a pretty fun game overall and I didn't mind parting 3.75 for it.

EDIT: Also the developer seems to be active in the community, expect future patches/DLCs/new content I think. Also fixed my multiplayer issue. Its a non-issue now.

Double edit: Seeing as nobody has posted it would be wrong for me to post again, so I'm adding this. I tried multiplayer and its pretty much the same as single but up to 4 players on the same size map. The most hilarious thing though is the phonetics. Whenever you chat, a monotone phonetics speaks. Quite alot of servers (around 20ish). Also up in the top 20ish played on steam. Should be good for a while.
Gandling
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom126 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 11:36:16
July 08 2011 11:34 GMT
#826
About CoH, if i'm only interested in the muiltiplayer side of things can i simply get Tales of Valor (as it says its stand alone) and i wont miss out on anything?

And does anyone know if it supports offline steam lan mode thing? for say 3 people.
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
July 08 2011 12:06 GMT
#827
On July 08 2011 20:34 Gandling wrote:
About CoH, if i'm only interested in the muiltiplayer side of things can i simply get Tales of Valor (as it says its stand alone) and i wont miss out on anything?

And does anyone know if it supports offline steam lan mode thing? for say 3 people.

Not sure about the offline steam mode, but all of the games are standalone AFAIK. CoH comes with Americans/Wehrmacht, OF comes with British/Panzer Elite, and I never got ToV, but I believe it just added new units.
OrchidThief
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 12:18:56
July 08 2011 12:18 GMT
#828
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
July 08 2011 12:48 GMT
#829
Greenmangaming is giving a few games away to promote their client which is new I believe

Go here, click on a game and use the voucher for said game

http://www.greenmangaming.com/thesun/


Arma II - Code: THESU-NFREE-ARMA2
Men of War - Code: THESU-NFREE-MOFW2
Tower Bloxx Deluxe - Code: THESU-NFREE-BLOXX


Their website is slow as shit right now, but free Men of War is worth the hassle. if Boxer designed a WW2 game it would be Men of War
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
July 08 2011 12:49 GMT
#830
i loaded up on today...

c&c 3
red alert 3

never got around to really playing them all the way through, just parts... and c&c single player is a lot of fun and challenging too.

audiosurf.. looks cool, sounds like its another rhythm game, and i like osu.. so who knows.. and it was only a 1.5 dollars

and rift CE for 15... since its cheap and yeah.. i might as well try it out, i have free time again, hopefully, in a few weeks when i get back to the states from europe.

ps.. use a vpn / proxy server to get your currencies back into usd, its cheaper in every which way
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 08 2011 13:20 GMT
#831
On July 08 2011 21:06 Kezzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 20:34 Gandling wrote:
About CoH, if i'm only interested in the muiltiplayer side of things can i simply get Tales of Valor (as it says its stand alone) and i wont miss out on anything?

And does anyone know if it supports offline steam lan mode thing? for say 3 people.

Not sure about the offline steam mode, but all of the games are standalone AFAIK. CoH comes with Americans/Wehrmacht, OF comes with British/Panzer Elite, and I never got ToV, but I believe it just added new units.


Yup, it adds optional replacement units you can choose from the main menu, and some new gamemodes which aren't really worth noting tbh.

You should get all 4 factions with ToV also I think.
Kevmeister @ Dota2
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 13:38:38
July 08 2011 13:34 GMT
#832
On July 08 2011 21:18 OrchidThief wrote:
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.


I caved in too haha. 33% off was enough to push me over the edge. I bet it's gonna go on sale (even cheaper) before the summer sale is through though.
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
July 08 2011 13:54 GMT
#833
On July 08 2011 22:34 snotboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 21:18 OrchidThief wrote:
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.


I caved in too haha. 33% off was enough to push me over the edge. I bet it's gonna go on sale (even cheaper) before the summer sale is through though.


Aw that's a shame you couldn't hold out. I'm close to caving myself as I just gifted my gf the valve complete pack, so she now has portal 2 before me

I figure with only a couple days left I'll be able to hold out, and at worst pick it up at its current price on the last day. Only a few more days of this left, thank god my wallet will be able to rest lol
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
July 08 2011 13:55 GMT
#834
On July 08 2011 20:34 Gandling wrote:
About CoH, if i'm only interested in the muiltiplayer side of things can i simply get Tales of Valor (as it says its stand alone) and i wont miss out on anything?

And does anyone know if it supports offline steam lan mode thing? for say 3 people.

Basically, yes. I mean you won't get to rush machine guns or anything, but you'll still get the kangaroo carrier which is pretty OP....
So you're safe with just tales of valor.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 14:03:38
July 08 2011 14:03 GMT
#835
On July 08 2011 22:54 Battleaxe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 22:34 snotboogie wrote:
On July 08 2011 21:18 OrchidThief wrote:
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.


I caved in too haha. 33% off was enough to push me over the edge. I bet it's gonna go on sale (even cheaper) before the summer sale is through though.


Aw that's a shame you couldn't hold out. I'm close to caving myself as I just gifted my gf the valve complete pack, so she now has portal 2 before me

I figure with only a couple days left I'll be able to hold out, and at worst pick it up at its current price on the last day. Only a few more days of this left, thank god my wallet will be able to rest lol


I thought it was for the entire month

Disappoint :<
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
July 08 2011 14:13 GMT
#836
On July 08 2011 23:03 Hassybaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 22:54 Battleaxe wrote:
On July 08 2011 22:34 snotboogie wrote:
On July 08 2011 21:18 OrchidThief wrote:
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.


I caved in too haha. 33% off was enough to push me over the edge. I bet it's gonna go on sale (even cheaper) before the summer sale is through though.


Aw that's a shame you couldn't hold out. I'm close to caving myself as I just gifted my gf the valve complete pack, so she now has portal 2 before me

I figure with only a couple days left I'll be able to hold out, and at worst pick it up at its current price on the last day. Only a few more days of this left, thank god my wallet will be able to rest lol


I thought it was for the entire month

Disappoint :<

we would all be poor if it would last the whole month
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
July 08 2011 14:17 GMT
#837
My wallet...
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
OskO
Profile Joined February 2011
Argentina369 Posts
July 08 2011 15:12 GMT
#838
On July 08 2011 21:48 floor exercise wrote:
Greenmangaming is giving a few games away to promote their client which is new I believe

Go here, click on a game and use the voucher for said game

http://www.greenmangaming.com/thesun/


Arma II - Code: THESU-NFREE-ARMA2
Men of War - Code: THESU-NFREE-MOFW2
Tower Bloxx Deluxe - Code: THESU-NFREE-BLOXX


Their website is slow as shit right now, but free Men of War is worth the hassle. if Boxer designed a WW2 game it would be Men of War


There seems to be a way to activate 'em on Steam once you got the voucher deal done, using the activation key that you get on your mail. But I'm not being able to. Any clue on that?
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
July 08 2011 16:44 GMT
#839
On July 08 2011 23:13 Enox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 23:03 Hassybaby wrote:
On July 08 2011 22:54 Battleaxe wrote:
On July 08 2011 22:34 snotboogie wrote:
On July 08 2011 21:18 OrchidThief wrote:
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.


I caved in too haha. 33% off was enough to push me over the edge. I bet it's gonna go on sale (even cheaper) before the summer sale is through though.


Aw that's a shame you couldn't hold out. I'm close to caving myself as I just gifted my gf the valve complete pack, so she now has portal 2 before me

I figure with only a couple days left I'll be able to hold out, and at worst pick it up at its current price on the last day. Only a few more days of this left, thank god my wallet will be able to rest lol


I thought it was for the entire month

Disappoint :<

we would all be poor if it would last the whole month



Personally I pace myself, they will have a winter sale sometime around the holidays, no real point in getting more games than I can physically play. Summer sale is kinda fun as something to coast you through to EvilDeathFall release schedule.

I just ask myself: Will I actually find the time to play this game... 95% of the time it's no. Be careful of multiplayer games for this reason ( the new player community could die off before you get a chance to play)
Too tired to come up with something witty.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
July 08 2011 16:56 GMT
#840
On July 08 2011 21:18 OrchidThief wrote:
Fuck it, I'm getting Portal 2. I was gonna wait until it got even cheaper, but enough is enough. The torment must end.


May as well get the Valve compete pack then. Like £5 more for a ton of extra stuff
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
Nina 109
SteadfastSC 99
StarCraft: Brood War
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD42
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1000
Other Games
summit1g7173
Grubby2254
shahzam643
C9.Mang0194
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 69
• Hupsaiya 38
• Hinosc 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur291
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 23m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 23m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.