• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:12
CEST 16:12
KST 23:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7763 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 110

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 698 Next
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 30 2011 19:54 GMT
#2181
On December 31 2011 04:10 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 03:26 incinerate_ wrote:
On December 31 2011 03:08 Gnosis wrote:
Is $16 for New Vegas + DLC worth it? Or should I just stick with New Vegas at $5?


Personally I am waiting for the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas which should come out sometime in February (Source: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/105554-fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition-announced.html).


Sure, but if I can buy that now for $16 instead of $50, why would I wait?


Yeah why would you? If you don't want to spend 16 and would want say just 1 DLC, get lonesome road. But since all the DLC are only 2,50 anyways and youre okay spending 16 for it. Just buy it.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
meursault
Profile Joined January 2011
United States59 Posts
December 30 2011 20:09 GMT
#2182
I am considering buying one of the Command and Conquer franchise on sale today. Which one should I buy and why? I really enjoy SC2 and Warcraft 3 but never played brood war.
Matsumoto
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 20:35:23
December 30 2011 20:34 GMT
#2183
On December 31 2011 05:09 meursault wrote:
I am considering buying one of the Command and Conquer franchise on sale today. Which one should I buy and why? I really enjoy SC2 and Warcraft 3 but never played brood war.

to be honest i would say dont buy any of the recent C&Cs. there are pretty terrible and dont have anything of the Command and Conquer "spirit" left.
Tiberium wars was probably the last decent C&C.

i suggest getting the old ones like generals or red alert
Fk it ,BAYLIFE? BAYLIFE
Oleo
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands283 Posts
December 30 2011 20:35 GMT
#2184
Man this great gift pile has been one big disappointment so far, Ive got like 9 coal and 3 coupons for games that have already been on sale with way bigger discounts, ergo quite useless. Oh well I should not complain to much about free stuff, maybe I should go craft something and hope for the best.
Managing Siegetanks is like raising a superhero - Artosis.
Teejing
Profile Joined January 2009
Germany1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 21:16:41
December 30 2011 21:13 GMT
#2185
I really need info on fallout 3 vegas.
Do i need the dlc for mods/ Are Dlc worth it?
Can i play it without having played fallout 1-3?

Game seems like skyrim in a funny world,but really need to know about the need/worth of the dlc the lack of fallout 3 vanilla.

edit: Red alert 2 beta was fun but the last C&C was beyond terrible. For me generals is still by far the best C&C game,although C&C 1 and red alert (1) still had the best singleplayer / cutscenes.
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
December 30 2011 21:23 GMT
#2186
Fallout New Vegas is a seperate story, you can play it without 1-3. I dunno about mods, but vanilla Fallout: NW is good too.
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
December 30 2011 21:35 GMT
#2187
On December 31 2011 05:34 Nero. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 05:09 meursault wrote:
I am considering buying one of the Command and Conquer franchise on sale today. Which one should I buy and why? I really enjoy SC2 and Warcraft 3 but never played brood war.

to be honest i would say dont buy any of the recent C&Cs. there are pretty terrible and dont have anything of the Command and Conquer "spirit" left.
Tiberium wars was probably the last decent C&C.

i suggest getting the old ones like generals or red alert


I really liked Red Alert 3 and its expansion (about 70 hours logged between them). It's sort of a fun/quirky RTS with some fun units like zeppelin bombers, cyborg bears, boats that turn into robot spiders, tesla coils and other wacky stuff. Plus it stars George Takei and has a crazy plot involving time travel and scantly clad women (pics in spoiler).

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Oleo
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands283 Posts
December 30 2011 21:36 GMT
#2188
On December 31 2011 05:35 Oleo wrote:
Man this great gift pile has been one big disappointment so far, Ive got like 9 coal and 3 coupons for games that have already been on sale with way bigger discounts, ergo quite useless. Oh well I should not complain to much about free stuff, maybe I should go craft something and hope for the best.



Ah look at that, whining always helps: I completed another objective in spacechem and got portal 2.
Managing Siegetanks is like raising a superhero - Artosis.
Falco252
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
France197 Posts
December 30 2011 21:38 GMT
#2189
My favorite is Generals, dunno why tho :p
Urth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1256 Posts
December 30 2011 21:47 GMT
#2190
red alert 3 and tiberium wars were pretty good

ABSOLUTELY NOT CNC 4, THAT GAME IS AWFUL, DO NOT BUY IT, TOTAL GARBAGE GAME, WASTE OF DISK SPACE.
BY.HERO FIGHTING!!!!
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
December 30 2011 22:40 GMT
#2191
On December 31 2011 06:47 Urth wrote:
red alert 3 and tiberium wars were pretty good

ABSOLUTELY NOT CNC 4, THAT GAME IS AWFUL, DO NOT BUY IT, TOTAL GARBAGE GAME, WASTE OF DISK SPACE.


Bought it for $5 a little while back... Worst $5 I ever spent. Listen to Urth.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
December 30 2011 22:40 GMT
#2192
On December 31 2011 04:54 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 04:10 Gnosis wrote:
On December 31 2011 03:26 incinerate_ wrote:
On December 31 2011 03:08 Gnosis wrote:
Is $16 for New Vegas + DLC worth it? Or should I just stick with New Vegas at $5?


Personally I am waiting for the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas which should come out sometime in February (Source: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/105554-fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition-announced.html).


Sure, but if I can buy that now for $16 instead of $50, why would I wait?


Yeah why would you? If you don't want to spend 16 and would want say just 1 DLC, get lonesome road. But since all the DLC are only 2,50 anyways and youre okay spending 16 for it. Just buy it.


I picked it up, along with the HR DLC.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 30 2011 22:43 GMT
#2193
On December 31 2011 06:13 Teejing wrote:
I really need info on fallout 3 vegas.
Do i need the dlc for mods/ Are Dlc worth it?
Can i play it without having played fallout 1-3?

Game seems like skyrim in a funny world,but really need to know about the need/worth of the dlc the lack of fallout 3 vanilla.

edit: Red alert 2 beta was fun but the last C&C was beyond terrible. For me generals is still by far the best C&C game,although C&C 1 and red alert (1) still had the best singleplayer / cutscenes.


You don't need to know anything about fallout to play new vegas. Lonesome Road is worth it as DLC definitely, as for the other DLC you need to check for yourself if it would be to your fancy. Vanilla new vegas is pretty good, I've played it 80 hours myself and wasn't done by far, the only reason I stopped is because it doesn't offer exploration like fallout 3 does. It's a pretty good RPG and the mods out there make it 10x more awesome. It's also very easy to mod considering it's a bethesda game.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
December 30 2011 23:25 GMT
#2194
still looking for The Witcher 2! Willing to give a dota 2 beta key + 50% off valve, 5 coals. Even though at this point i've given up and willing to take other games for dota 2 key...

By the way.. is witcher 2 even worth getting? how many hours does game play consist of?
<3 Kim Taeyeon
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
December 30 2011 23:29 GMT
#2195
On December 31 2011 08:25 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
still looking for The Witcher 2! Willing to give a dota 2 beta key + 50% off valve, 5 coals. Even though at this point i've given up and willing to take other games for dota 2 key...

By the way.. is witcher 2 even worth getting? how many hours does game play consist of?


I seem to recall playing for about 20 hours before hitting the end (this was before all the patches)? It's been a while though... The first two-acts are great, the final act is a bit of a substantial let-down (it's incredibly short). I thought it was much better than the first (I don't understand people when they talk of the first as open and reflecting choice... It's not really either), and readily recommend it to anyone interested.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
December 30 2011 23:35 GMT
#2196
Got Portal 2 twice and E.Y.E, a Bethesda 25% off coupon and bioshock 2 50% off.

Gabe has been kind.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
December 30 2011 23:42 GMT
#2197
Played Spacechem for a couple hours. It's hard, and it gets even harder. But when you find an awesome solution to the problem, it makes it all worth it.

Fairly soon into the game you'll be left staring at the screen, trying to plan what you want to do in advance, timing out pickups and dropoffs, etc. Definitely one of the harder puzzle games I've tried, but it's very rewarding.

It's $2.50, so if you're someone who enjoys puzzles that you really have to think about, it might be a good option. I'll be spending quite a bit of time with this in the future.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 30 2011 23:43 GMT
#2198
On December 31 2011 08:29 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 08:25 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
still looking for The Witcher 2! Willing to give a dota 2 beta key + 50% off valve, 5 coals. Even though at this point i've given up and willing to take other games for dota 2 key...

By the way.. is witcher 2 even worth getting? how many hours does game play consist of?


I seem to recall playing for about 20 hours before hitting the end (this was before all the patches)? It's been a while though... The first two-acts are great, the final act is a bit of a substantial let-down (it's incredibly short). I thought it was much better than the first (I don't understand people when they talk of the first as open and reflecting choice... It's not really either), and readily recommend it to anyone interested.


Yeah and witcher 1 is pretty cheap right now so recommend buying that too if you like witcher 2, I'm playing through it right now.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
December 31 2011 00:15 GMT
#2199
On December 30 2011 20:17 Salteador Neo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 19:43 Pangolin wrote:
I bought The Binding of Isaac today, played for 11 hours, died 75 times, beat it once, and never got the damn gift achievement.


I did beat the satan guy, got the coal in-game but it didn't give any coal to my inventory xD

Edit: Theres a guy in the steam forums who posted a fix :D

I decided to try getting the achievement again today, and got it on my first run of the day.
It's easier not to.
Dullahan
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States248 Posts
December 31 2011 00:45 GMT
#2200
On December 31 2011 08:42 ThaZenith wrote:
Played Spacechem for a couple hours. It's hard, and it gets even harder. But when you find an awesome solution to the problem, it makes it all worth it.

Fairly soon into the game you'll be left staring at the screen, trying to plan what you want to do in advance, timing out pickups and dropoffs, etc. Definitely one of the harder puzzle games I've tried, but it's very rewarding.

It's $2.50, so if you're someone who enjoys puzzles that you really have to think about, it might be a good option. I'll be spending quite a bit of time with this in the future.


Seconded - SpaceChem is sooooo satisfying when you finally figure out the solution to that problem you've been thinking about the whole day. I remember I would be half-conscious falling asleep and have a sudden flash of insight about an idea to try, and the next morning first thing after waking up I'd jump on SpaceChem and test it out.

As a side note, although there's some chemistry involved, at its heart it's really more of a logic/programming game, so if you have a comp sci background, definitely worth giving it a try. Plus there's a Steam demo for the game so you can try a few puzzles if you're undecided.
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM623
SteadfastSC290
TKL 223
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 623
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 223
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
Codebar 33
ProTech25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 19
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5115
Dendi1248
Counter-Strike
fl0m2161
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz4
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes621
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko678
B2W.Neo352
DeMusliM227
Livibee182
Pyrionflax178
Khaldor155
Liquid`VortiX137
Trikslyr67
QueenE64
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)14
Liquid`RaSZi8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH215
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2160
• Jankos1715
• TFBlade650
• Noizen101
Other Games
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 48m
The PondCast
19h 48m
INu's Battles
20h 48m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.