• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 111

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 698 Next
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
December 31 2011 00:51 GMT
#2201
SpaceChem is imo best indie game of the year (i played a lot of indies this year), no game makes winning so satisfying!

What a bummer, deus ex HR discounted and not deus ex 1
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
December 31 2011 00:53 GMT
#2202
Civ 5 worth getting now? I remember hearing the AI was pretty bad on release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
December 31 2011 01:09 GMT
#2203
On December 31 2011 09:53 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
Civ 5 worth getting now? I remember hearing the AI was pretty bad on release.


Yes it's worth it. AI isn't THAT bad I mean yes it's bad if you play on easiest setting but.. yeah.

I have 11 Coal, 50% off Batman Arkham Asylum, 50% off RockStar Games and 33% off Valve. If anyone got the Magic game(daily deal today) I'd like to trade.
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
December 31 2011 01:26 GMT
#2204
Everyone get Fallout New Vegas. It is a really good game. I have 158 hours on my copy.
However all the DLC for it that I have tried for it has been really bad.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
December 31 2011 02:43 GMT
#2205
I just looked at the super meat boy achievement and I lol'd, i doubt anyone would bother attempting that for a high chance at getting coal

I have 4 coal and I'd like flight simulator HD (1.24$ game today), PM me on here if you want to trade
hihihi
HenL
Profile Joined February 2010
Norway111 Posts
December 31 2011 02:46 GMT
#2206
On December 31 2011 11:43 askTeivospy wrote:
I just looked at the super meat boy achievement and I lol'd, i doubt anyone would bother attempting that for a high chance at getting coal


haha so turns out steam is using the wrong achievement for the holiday achievement.. The achievement you are going for is "the kids xmas"


http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/152931617369886721
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
December 31 2011 02:49 GMT
#2207
On December 31 2011 11:46 HenL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 11:43 askTeivospy wrote:
I just looked at the super meat boy achievement and I lol'd, i doubt anyone would bother attempting that for a high chance at getting coal


Show nested quote +
haha so turns out steam is using the wrong achievement for the holiday achievement.. The achievement you are going for is "the kids xmas"


http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/152931617369886721


well that makes more sense IMO, thanks! Hopefully its updated since I did that one already ^>~
hihihi
BryanSC
Profile Joined October 2010
United States455 Posts
December 31 2011 03:18 GMT
#2208
Deus Ex: Human Revolution on sale for $16.99. Kind of tempted to buy it but I haven't played the first one. From what I understand, the new one is a prequel to the first one, so my question is:

Should I play the first one in order to better understand/appreciate Deus Ex: HR? The first Deus Ex game GOTY edition is $6.69 I believe (don't really feel like going back a generation in terms of graphics/gameplay unless it's truly worth it).
illumiel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States75 Posts
December 31 2011 03:33 GMT
#2209
so... I've completed 36 achievements so far. By the amounts of coal I've gotten I must have been very bad boy this year. A few minor genocides kind of bad.

Anyone more crazy then I?*

Where crazy is defined by number of goals completed.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 03:45:14
December 31 2011 03:44 GMT
#2210
On December 31 2011 12:18 BryanSC wrote:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution on sale for $16.99. Kind of tempted to buy it but I haven't played the first one. From what I understand, the new one is a prequel to the first one, so my question is:

Should I play the first one in order to better understand/appreciate Deus Ex: HR? The first Deus Ex game GOTY edition is $6.69 I believe (don't really feel like going back a generation in terms of graphics/gameplay unless it's truly worth it).


I don't think you need to play the first one to really appreciate the story of Human Revolution. However, the original is a gem that is completely worth it in its own right, so I would play it anyways. My friend just beat HR and said "I don't have the original" and I was like, it's 7 bucks, seriously? And immediately gifted to him so he had no excuse.
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
December 31 2011 04:00 GMT
#2211
On December 31 2011 12:33 illumiel wrote:
so... I've completed 36 achievements so far. By the amounts of coal I've gotten I must have been very bad boy this year. A few minor genocides kind of bad.

Anyone more crazy then I?*

Where crazy is defined by number of goals completed.


33 achievements, and yes, mostly coal. 2 games, and like 2 coupons.
BryanSC
Profile Joined October 2010
United States455 Posts
December 31 2011 04:02 GMT
#2212
On December 31 2011 12:44 zer0das wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 12:18 BryanSC wrote:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution on sale for $16.99. Kind of tempted to buy it but I haven't played the first one. From what I understand, the new one is a prequel to the first one, so my question is:

Should I play the first one in order to better understand/appreciate Deus Ex: HR? The first Deus Ex game GOTY edition is $6.69 I believe (don't really feel like going back a generation in terms of graphics/gameplay unless it's truly worth it).


I don't think you need to play the first one to really appreciate the story of Human Revolution. However, the original is a gem that is completely worth it in its own right, so I would play it anyways. My friend just beat HR and said "I don't have the original" and I was like, it's 7 bucks, seriously? And immediately gifted to him so he had no excuse.


Yeah that's true, I guess I'll give the first one a shot then. Thanks
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
December 31 2011 04:23 GMT
#2213
That Super Meat Boy achievement is crazy... I can't finish even the first level of 5...
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 05:45:52
December 31 2011 05:11 GMT
#2214
Yeah lol I tried for 10 minutes couldn't beat the first level of the Kids Xmas thing and gave up. LOL too bloody hard.

Oh nvm so you only need to beat one level... hmm maybe it's possible to get this achievement then haha.

They're all so hard though.
Retvrn to Forvms
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 06:44:22
December 31 2011 06:41 GMT
#2215
the space chem game is pretty cool, the way of thinking is a bit like doing real math but without rules worth 5 years of study.


ofc i do realize that this is the opposite of cool for most people, but the satisfaction you get from solving a big problem in small steps that chain into each other and then afterwards look at that huge construct you created is quite unique
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
December 31 2011 07:01 GMT
#2216
Space Chem is a really cool puzzle game. It's really a puzzle game about programming, not so much chem (they just use really simple chemistry principles). It's definitely today's "must buy" game imo. The sense of satisfaction you get from solving the puzzles is extremely unique.

Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
December 31 2011 07:04 GMT
#2217
On December 31 2011 15:41 LaNague wrote:
the space chem game is pretty cool, the way of thinking is a bit like doing real math but without rules worth 5 years of study.


ofc i do realize that this is the opposite of cool for most people, but the satisfaction you get from solving a big problem in small steps that chain into each other and then afterwards look at that huge construct you created is quite unique


well actually there is a subject in university where you do exactly what you do in that game called " machine theory".

Also iam not really impressed by this game because its a ripoff of an already existing free game that is basically the same - if i can find the link i will post it.
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
December 31 2011 09:54 GMT
#2218
crafted my coal and got 50% off amnesia, but I already got it for $4 ):
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
December 31 2011 09:56 GMT
#2219
On December 31 2011 14:11 Chrispy wrote:
Oh nvm so you only need to beat one level... hmm maybe it's possible to get this achievement then haha.


Wait really? I gave up on that one pretty quickly haha.

On December 31 2011 16:04 idonthinksobro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2011 15:41 LaNague wrote:
the space chem game is pretty cool, the way of thinking is a bit like doing real math but without rules worth 5 years of study.


ofc i do realize that this is the opposite of cool for most people, but the satisfaction you get from solving a big problem in small steps that chain into each other and then afterwards look at that huge construct you created is quite unique


well actually there is a subject in university where you do exactly what you do in that game called " machine theory".

Also iam not really impressed by this game because its a ripoff of an already existing free game that is basically the same - if i can find the link i will post it.


I know the one you're thinking of, I actually assumed it was from the same guy and was just the same game retailed up.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-31 10:09:46
December 31 2011 10:09 GMT
#2220
On December 31 2011 14:11 Chrispy wrote:
Yeah lol I tried for 10 minutes couldn't beat the first level of the Kids Xmas thing and gave up. LOL too bloody hard.

Oh nvm so you only need to beat one level... hmm maybe it's possible to get this achievement then haha.


Ok I just beat one (through not exactly legit means) and no coal. So that's not true, suggest you give up :3
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 6m
Patches Events
20h 6m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.