• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:47
CEST 10:47
KST 17:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8377 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 108

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 698 Next
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
December 29 2011 22:45 GMT
#2141
On December 30 2011 07:24 lynx.oblige wrote:
They're both $5 on Steam last I checked...

Hmm I guess the prices for brazil are different from the prices for USA then. Here it's $15 with discount, lol.
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
December 29 2011 23:15 GMT
#2142
Is it true that ppl trade games for coal? Coz I got 11 of them lol.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
Rikke
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany302 Posts
December 29 2011 23:25 GMT
#2143
On December 30 2011 02:16 Pieismyign wrote:
should i get Asassins creed: revelations?


No! Play Assassin's Creed 2 and you can skip the rest of the franchise.
KoTakUEurO
Profile Joined May 2011
605 Posts
December 29 2011 23:32 GMT
#2144
On December 30 2011 08:25 Rikke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 02:16 Pieismyign wrote:
should i get Asassins creed: revelations?


No! Play Assassin's Creed 2 and you can skip the rest of the franchise.

Pretty much this. AC:R is full of pointless little minigames and such that completely take away from the game.
Just get AC:2 and you should be happy
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
December 29 2011 23:37 GMT
#2145
On December 30 2011 07:45 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 07:24 lynx.oblige wrote:
They're both $5 on Steam last I checked...

Hmm I guess the prices for brazil are different from the prices for USA then. Here it's $15 with discount, lol.

They WERE $5 in the last Steam daily deal, now that that's over it's back to the same discount as all the other EA titles.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 30 2011 00:06 GMT
#2146
On December 30 2011 08:15 Nazza wrote:
Is it true that ppl trade games for coal? Coz I got 11 of them lol.


Yeah you should be able to get a game for that.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
December 30 2011 01:05 GMT
#2147
Probably been said before, but you should buy The Binding of Isaac. And if you like RTS, Total War: Shogun 2 is a great one to get. The rest of the series is pretty good, from what I've tried, but it's one of the best.
nagual
Profile Joined December 2011
Ukraine70 Posts
December 30 2011 02:23 GMT
#2148
Terraria! I quit playing Dota2 for now to play it x)
~~SlayerS
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
December 30 2011 03:34 GMT
#2149
On December 30 2011 08:32 KoTakUEurO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 08:25 Rikke wrote:
On December 30 2011 02:16 Pieismyign wrote:
should i get Asassins creed: revelations?


No! Play Assassin's Creed 2 and you can skip the rest of the franchise.

Pretty much this. AC:R is full of pointless little minigames and such that completely take away from the game.
Just get AC:2 and you should be happy


Really? That sucks. I bought all 4 last night cause they were on sale and I liked the first one. Well hopefully I like them. I also bought all the prince of persia games when they were on sale a few days ago. I have so many games to play now I dunno what i'm gonna do lol.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
December 30 2011 03:52 GMT
#2150
Help needed from Total War: Shogun 2 players - is the DLC worth getting? It's really cheap right now but since I've spent $100+ on steam since the sales... I'm looking to cut down where I can. Fill me in! Yes/No? Thanks
Everyone needs a nemesis.
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 03:59:12
December 30 2011 03:58 GMT
#2151
On December 30 2011 08:37 Janaan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 07:45 dmnum wrote:
On December 30 2011 07:24 lynx.oblige wrote:
They're both $5 on Steam last I checked...

Hmm I guess the prices for brazil are different from the prices for USA then. Here it's $15 with discount, lol.

They WERE $5 in the last Steam daily deal, now that that's over it's back to the same discount as all the other EA titles.

No, dead space 1 was $7.49 and dead space 2 was $15 with the daily deal here in brazil, now dead space 2 is $19.99. That's only for here, in USA they were $5.00.


http://www.steamprices.com/br
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
December 30 2011 04:03 GMT
#2152
On December 30 2011 12:52 lynx.oblige wrote:
Help needed from Total War: Shogun 2 players - is the DLC worth getting? It's really cheap right now but since I've spent $100+ on steam since the sales... I'm looking to cut down where I can. Fill me in! Yes/No? Thanks


I've played with and without all the DLC. I wouldn't say the game lacks anything at all without it, but if any of the new clans/units/whatever interest you and you know you're going to be playing a lot of the game anyway, then sure, go for it.

Otherwise, it's a complete waste.
illumiel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 04:56:27
December 30 2011 04:40 GMT
#2153
Expected price of a piece of coal on January the second:

So I sorted all steam games by price. Took first prices on second page for both ascending and descending.

The numbers came up to .50 and 60. Average of $30. Times 4229 (Number of games on steam as per advanced search with empty parameters) we get:
$126,870 = Grand prize. (Every game on steam including discounts. I am guesstimating ~55% more without discounts). So let's say $200k
(50*10)*30 = $15,000 First place. (50 people top 10 games on wishlist)
(100*5)*30 = $15,000 Second place. (100 people top 5 games on wishlist)
(1000*50) = $50,000 Third place. (Valve complete pack, I really think it should cost about $30 by now)

So totals would be 280k.

Now there are at least 4 millions people on steam daily. Let us say on average they got 5 achievements. And for 3 of the they got coal. 12 million coals. Let us say about 4 millions coals got turned into games. Majority of people won't trade and most likely will not have 7 coals to convert.

So 8 million coals expected to be entered into draft. Expected payout per coal piece is 280k/8,000k 3.5 cents. And that is with me estimating high prices for games and number of users/achievements. (Steam gets about 4.65 millions of unique users a day. I think it would be around 10 millions+ of unique users for entire holiday season).

Average game/coupon they are giving away will be worth at least $1.50 (Mine worth about $6 on average). So converting coal into games is economical methinks. I got 22 pieces of coal myself and converted all I could into gifts.

All that is guesstimation of course.
KoTakUEurO
Profile Joined May 2011
605 Posts
December 30 2011 05:23 GMT
#2154
On December 30 2011 12:34 Xinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 08:32 KoTakUEurO wrote:
On December 30 2011 08:25 Rikke wrote:
On December 30 2011 02:16 Pieismyign wrote:
should i get Asassins creed: revelations?


No! Play Assassin's Creed 2 and you can skip the rest of the franchise.

Pretty much this. AC:R is full of pointless little minigames and such that completely take away from the game.
Just get AC:2 and you should be happy


Really? That sucks. I bought all 4 last night cause they were on sale and I liked the first one. Well hopefully I like them. I also bought all the prince of persia games when they were on sale a few days ago. I have so many games to play now I dunno what i'm gonna do lol.

Well I personally enjoyed AC 1 - Brotherhood a lot. I'm a huge fan of the series so all the stuff the Ubi tried to place in a game that didn't benefit from it really frustrated me. However, when it plays as an AC game (80% of the time), it's a good game. Have fun!
chaokel
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia535 Posts
December 30 2011 05:27 GMT
#2155
Trading the following coupons for coal:

33% off Valve
50% off Braid
25% off Square Enix, Eidos Interactive
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 05:41:04
December 30 2011 05:35 GMT
#2156
On December 30 2011 13:40 illumiel wrote:
Average game/coupon they are giving away will be worth at least $1.50 (Mine worth about $6 on average). So converting coal into games is economical methinks. I got 22 pieces of coal myself and converted all I could into gifts.

All that is guesstimation of course.

Converted as in crafted? I have a hard time believing that you get a figure of $1.50 average value on coupons if you treat all coupons as worthless (which they are, as non-gold coupons can't be used until after the sale, and don't offer discounts higher than the daily deals). And that's not considering the fact that empirically, people have been getting coupons way more often than they get games.

I still think the most efficient way to use coal is to trade them for games via Steam trading, because there are people willing to trade games at fairly good rates for just coal. I got Deus Ex 1 for trading 10 coal, for example. The game is $6.69 on sale, way above your $1.50 figure, and it's a game that I actually wanted to get on Steam.
Moderator
caedmon-
Profile Joined April 2009
Australia64 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 06:07:27
December 30 2011 05:46 GMT
#2157
just picked up a 50% off coupon for metro 2033 if anyone is genuinely interested in buying the game
pm me and it's yours
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 06:02:02
December 30 2011 06:01 GMT
#2158
On December 30 2011 13:40 illumiel wrote:
Expected price of a piece of coal on January the second:

So I sorted all steam games by price. Took first prices on second page for both ascending and descending.

The numbers came up to .50 and 60. Average of $30. Times 4229 (Number of games on steam as per advanced search with empty parameters) we get:
$126,870 = Grand prize. (Every game on steam including discounts. I am guesstimating ~55% more without discounts). So let's say $200k
(50*10)*30 = $15,000 First place. (50 people top 10 games on wishlist)
(100*5)*30 = $15,000 Second place. (100 people top 5 games on wishlist)
(1000*50) = $50,000 Third place. (Valve complete pack, I really think it should cost about $30 by now)

So totals would be 280k.

Now there are at least 4 millions people on steam daily. Let us say on average they got 5 achievements. And for 3 of the they got coal. 12 million coals. Let us say about 4 millions coals got turned into games. Majority of people won't trade and most likely will not have 7 coals to convert.

So 8 million coals expected to be entered into draft. Expected payout per coal piece is 280k/8,000k 3.5 cents. And that is with me estimating high prices for games and number of users/achievements. (Steam gets about 4.65 millions of unique users a day. I think it would be around 10 millions+ of unique users for entire holiday season).

Average game/coupon they are giving away will be worth at least $1.50 (Mine worth about $6 on average). So converting coal into games is economical methinks. I got 22 pieces of coal myself and converted all I could into gifts.

All that is guesstimation of course.


apparently people are farming coal with the free achievements and alt accounts, means saved coal is worthless.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
December 30 2011 06:58 GMT
#2159
I bought Men of War: Vietnam, and I instantly regretted it.
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 16:24:37
December 30 2011 08:02 GMT
#2160
I highly recommend Shogun 2: Total War. Bought it a few weeks ago when it was on sale, and it's really well-done. If you like the total war games, civilization games, or Japanese history then you will love this game.

Rome total war is also really good, and there are mods that make it more historically accurate if you're the type that gets offended when the Gauls are portrayed as mindless barbarians.

Also just picked up Medieval II for $2.50... heard great things about it from my friend who's logged over 600 hours in Rome, so I'm gonna trust him on that...
"See you space cowboy"
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1187
GuemChi 637
Hyun 543
firebathero 373
BeSt 321
Leta 292
Soma 191
Mong 155
Shine 97
PianO 65
[ Show more ]
sSak 48
910 48
Hyuk 46
yabsab 30
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Hm[arnc] 22
ZergMaN 21
Shinee 18
Noble 14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss835
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King399
Other Games
summit1g8476
olofmeister1105
ceh9641
gofns639
JimRising 504
KnowMe121
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick457
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos626
• Stunt433
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 13m
Patches Events
7h 13m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.