• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9124 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 130

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 179 Next
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 00:27:18
March 23 2012 00:19 GMT
#2581
On March 23 2012 06:32 befek wrote:
Have you guys seen this? MAJOR SPOILER/THEORY BOUT ENDINGS


If this turns out to be true bricks will be shat in quantities to be able to build a city from.
And whether you believe it or not, whether it was intended or not, whether it is the truth or fanfiction, ask yourself:
Wouldn't you want this to be true? You have the choice, you can believe it if you want.
I choose to believe.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Buzzworth
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States14 Posts
March 23 2012 00:35 GMT
#2582
I've been trying to put together a post on this for a day now, but I've got too much info. I've put a bunch into a blog form, which contains plenty of info for new readers and a few items that I've thrown in at the end. I'm planning on adding more if there is any interest. Enjoy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=322875

tl;dr: I liked the ending, then I didn't, then I did again.
Pfhor
Profile Joined September 2010
123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 00:56:48
March 23 2012 00:53 GMT
#2583
On March 23 2012 09:19 Latham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 06:32 befek wrote:
Have you guys seen this? MAJOR SPOILER/THEORY BOUT ENDINGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=plcp&context=C451ad39VDvjVQa1PpcFOPa1SyQGwtEIrkN0m_iteCxPhpXTPzPhg=


If this turns out to be true bricks will be shat in quantities to be able to build a city from.
And whether you believe it or not, whether it was intended or not, whether it is the truth or fanfiction, ask yourself:
Wouldn't you want this to be true? You have the choice, you can believe it if you want.
I choose to believe.


Whether it was their purpose or not (the evidence is overwhelming for "it was"), I think Bioware will miss an opportunity to save their entire franchise if they don't embrace this as canon.

+ Show Spoiler +
As I see it, the "modified ending" could pick up after Shepard wards off their indoctrination attempt. Your squadmates pick you up out of the rubble, then you go and face Harbringer.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 23 2012 01:04 GMT
#2584
That indoctrination video is incredibly convincing and well done and if it was truly their intention then it is amazing. But until there is actual proof that it is the intended interpretation, it just seems too far-fetched and coincidental for it to be true.
Moderator
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
March 23 2012 01:10 GMT
#2585
On March 23 2012 09:53 Pfhor wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
As I see it, the "modified ending" could pick up after Shepard wards off their indoctrination attempt. Your squadmates pick you up out of the rubble, then you go and face Harbringer.


That's exactly what I was thinking. I presume the next, already evidenced, DLC (hopefully free) will be just that. Hoping for more actually, not just like a couple hours extension but yeah.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 23 2012 01:26 GMT
#2586
On March 23 2012 09:19 Latham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 06:32 befek wrote:
Have you guys seen this? MAJOR SPOILER/THEORY BOUT ENDINGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=plcp&context=C451ad39VDvjVQa1PpcFOPa1SyQGwtEIrkN0m_iteCxPhpXTPzPhg=


If this turns out to be true bricks will be shat in quantities to be able to build a city from.
And whether you believe it or not, whether it was intended or not, whether it is the truth or fanfiction, ask yourself:
Wouldn't you want this to be true? You have the choice, you can believe it if you want.
I choose to believe.


That video is amazing, I believe it now. Everything in it, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, makes sense now.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
March 23 2012 01:44 GMT
#2587
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
March 23 2012 01:52 GMT
#2588
On March 23 2012 10:44 The KY wrote:
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.


That is the cool thing about it though, that it isn't clear at all. You actually have to think about the scene and wonder wtf is going on instead of having someone deliberately tell you "oh yea, they are trying to indoctrinate you". Idk maybe it is just me but it feels rare nowadays where a game makes you think instead of spoon-feeding you the plot.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
March 23 2012 02:16 GMT
#2589
On March 23 2012 10:52 Hoban wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:44 The KY wrote:
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.


That is the cool thing about it though, that it isn't clear at all. You actually have to think about the scene and wonder wtf is going on instead of having someone deliberately tell you "oh yea, they are trying to indoctrinate you". Idk maybe it is just me but it feels rare nowadays where a game makes you think instead of spoon-feeding you the plot.


Well, let me elaborate: I am entirely convinced that the 'final boss' if you will is indoctrination. I believed it at the time which is why I chose red and watching the documentations of clues (I missed the shrubs from the dreams after Harbinger lasers you, for example) I can't see any way round it. What I mean by clear is, if you choose to try and control the reapers (what I think is the choice that Harbinger wants you to make) you get essentially the same ending. If the last boss is indoctrination, the game should let you know after the fact, right? There's spoon feeding you and then there's just confusion.
I don't mind being confused DURING the indoctrination. But to end the game without clearing anything up? Without letting me get some closure on the fate of my allies, the victory fleet, the galaxy?
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
March 23 2012 02:24 GMT
#2590
On March 23 2012 11:16 The KY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:52 Hoban wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:44 The KY wrote:
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.


That is the cool thing about it though, that it isn't clear at all. You actually have to think about the scene and wonder wtf is going on instead of having someone deliberately tell you "oh yea, they are trying to indoctrinate you". Idk maybe it is just me but it feels rare nowadays where a game makes you think instead of spoon-feeding you the plot.


Well, let me elaborate: I am entirely convinced that the 'final boss' if you will is indoctrination. I believed it at the time which is why I chose red and watching the documentations of clues (I missed the shrubs from the dreams after Harbinger lasers you, for example) I can't see any way round it. What I mean by clear is, if you choose to try and control the reapers (what I think is the choice that Harbinger wants you to make) you get essentially the same ending. If the last boss is indoctrination, the game should let you know after the fact, right? There's spoon feeding you and then there's just confusion.
I don't mind being confused DURING the indoctrination. But to end the game without clearing anything up? Without letting me get some closure on the fate of my allies, the victory fleet, the galaxy?


That's probally the biggest argument against the theory. If it is the case, why keep it as hidden as it is and why not giving any answers on what really happened? The only answer that makes some sense for me would be the planned DLC some people believe they will release and that they are just trolling the community, but this would be kinda dickish and I don't know why they would endure all this backlash just to get a big surprise sometime later. If they continued the game after the "deep breath scene", it would make sense and would actually be a unique and cool ending, if they didn't screw up anything else later on.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
March 23 2012 02:25 GMT
#2591
On March 23 2012 10:52 Hoban wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:44 The KY wrote:
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.


That is the cool thing about it though, that it isn't clear at all. You actually have to think about the scene and wonder wtf is going on instead of having someone deliberately tell you "oh yea, they are trying to indoctrinate you". Idk maybe it is just me but it feels rare nowadays where a game makes you think instead of spoon-feeding you the plot.


The problem is, that is not an ending. This is a trilogy... and it leaves you without an actual resolution. Ok, let's say the theory is right and you successfully fend off the Reaper indoctrination. That is decent writing and a solid idea... but it's not an ending. That might be the climax, but there aren't any answers to be had because it leaves you with more questions than before, many extremely important ones.

When you sink 100+ hours (a lot more in my, and other's cases) into 3 games and you're actually not given resolution or answers, that is a slap to the face.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
March 23 2012 02:29 GMT
#2592
On March 23 2012 11:24 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 11:16 The KY wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:52 Hoban wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:44 The KY wrote:
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.


That is the cool thing about it though, that it isn't clear at all. You actually have to think about the scene and wonder wtf is going on instead of having someone deliberately tell you "oh yea, they are trying to indoctrinate you". Idk maybe it is just me but it feels rare nowadays where a game makes you think instead of spoon-feeding you the plot.


Well, let me elaborate: I am entirely convinced that the 'final boss' if you will is indoctrination. I believed it at the time which is why I chose red and watching the documentations of clues (I missed the shrubs from the dreams after Harbinger lasers you, for example) I can't see any way round it. What I mean by clear is, if you choose to try and control the reapers (what I think is the choice that Harbinger wants you to make) you get essentially the same ending. If the last boss is indoctrination, the game should let you know after the fact, right? There's spoon feeding you and then there's just confusion.
I don't mind being confused DURING the indoctrination. But to end the game without clearing anything up? Without letting me get some closure on the fate of my allies, the victory fleet, the galaxy?


That's probally the biggest argument against the theory. If it is the case, why keep it as hidden as it is and why not giving any answers on what really happened? The only answer that makes some sense for me would be the planned DLC some people believe they will release and that they are just trolling the community, but this would be kinda dickish and I don't know why they would endure all this backlash just to get a big surprise sometime later. If they continued the game after the "deep breath scene", it would make sense and would actually be a unique and cool ending, if they didn't screw up anything else later on.


Isn't there a quote somewhere that says something along the lines of 'if the fans knew what was coming in the DLC then they wouldn't be so angry'? I dunno, judging from the letter from the Bioware guy (whose name escapes me) I'd say it's just a big fuck up and somehow a team of professional writers managed to overlook the idea of basic closure. Somehow.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
March 23 2012 02:33 GMT
#2593
On March 23 2012 10:26 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 09:19 Latham wrote:
On March 23 2012 06:32 befek wrote:
Have you guys seen this? MAJOR SPOILER/THEORY BOUT ENDINGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=plcp&context=C451ad39VDvjVQa1PpcFOPa1SyQGwtEIrkN0m_iteCxPhpXTPzPhg=


If this turns out to be true bricks will be shat in quantities to be able to build a city from.
And whether you believe it or not, whether it was intended or not, whether it is the truth or fanfiction, ask yourself:
Wouldn't you want this to be true? You have the choice, you can believe it if you want.
I choose to believe.


That video is amazing, I believe it now. Everything in it, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, makes sense now.


heh, i like your attitude. I am trying to get swept up in it too. This is like a detective story almost.
twitch.tv/medrea
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
March 23 2012 02:40 GMT
#2594
On March 23 2012 11:29 The KY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 11:24 SKC wrote:
On March 23 2012 11:16 The KY wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:52 Hoban wrote:
On March 23 2012 10:44 The KY wrote:
Tbh I thought it was pretty obvious that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate Shepard, what with the dark tendrils on the screen and shit...I believe, or at least hope that, the indoctrination theory is right and expect the DLC to prove me right. Still not happy with the ending though because it's just not clear enough.


That is the cool thing about it though, that it isn't clear at all. You actually have to think about the scene and wonder wtf is going on instead of having someone deliberately tell you "oh yea, they are trying to indoctrinate you". Idk maybe it is just me but it feels rare nowadays where a game makes you think instead of spoon-feeding you the plot.


Well, let me elaborate: I am entirely convinced that the 'final boss' if you will is indoctrination. I believed it at the time which is why I chose red and watching the documentations of clues (I missed the shrubs from the dreams after Harbinger lasers you, for example) I can't see any way round it. What I mean by clear is, if you choose to try and control the reapers (what I think is the choice that Harbinger wants you to make) you get essentially the same ending. If the last boss is indoctrination, the game should let you know after the fact, right? There's spoon feeding you and then there's just confusion.
I don't mind being confused DURING the indoctrination. But to end the game without clearing anything up? Without letting me get some closure on the fate of my allies, the victory fleet, the galaxy?


That's probally the biggest argument against the theory. If it is the case, why keep it as hidden as it is and why not giving any answers on what really happened? The only answer that makes some sense for me would be the planned DLC some people believe they will release and that they are just trolling the community, but this would be kinda dickish and I don't know why they would endure all this backlash just to get a big surprise sometime later. If they continued the game after the "deep breath scene", it would make sense and would actually be a unique and cool ending, if they didn't screw up anything else later on.


Isn't there a quote somewhere that says something along the lines of 'if the fans knew what was coming in the DLC then they wouldn't be so angry'? I dunno, judging from the letter from the Bioware guy (whose name escapes me) I'd say it's just a big fuck up and somehow a team of professional writers managed to overlook the idea of basic closure. Somehow.


There were some quotes that I think could support the theory, but most are probally just about the ending being rushed or not exactly what the full team would release, and some that clearly go against the theory. I think the "writer" of that letter ended up denying writing it in the end as well.

One thing I found particularly interesting was this:

"As late as November, the developers were considering at least one drastically different ending that was eventually scrapped. The sequence would have seen the player lose control of Commander Shepard, revealing that he or she had actually been indoctrinated by the Reapers. This ending was eventually cut for technical reasons, as the team was having a hard time making the gameplay mechanic work alongside dialogue choices."

It was said to be in a iOS app about the development about the game. Don't think it's enough to completelly discredit the theory, you could say they just changed the way it worked, that you never actually is controlled by the Reapers. It shows the idea behind it is really not that far off and it could be done with just some changes in the ending.

Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 02:43:34
March 23 2012 02:42 GMT
#2595
So on my second playthrough I decided to break up with Miranda and go for Liara since Miranda has pretty much the shortest/weakest romance scenes in ME3.

Then I discovered that Miranda also has the most heart-wrenching breakup scene in ME3, not to mention + Show Spoiler +
she dies later if you don't romance her.


What the fuck Bioware.
Moderator
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
March 23 2012 02:43 GMT
#2596
Yeah I had sex with Miranda too, and I was like wtf thats it? The sex scenes get worse every game -_-
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 02:52:11
March 23 2012 02:46 GMT
#2597
On March 23 2012 11:42 Firebolt145 wrote:
So on my second playthrough I decided to break up with Miranda and go for Liara since Miranda has pretty much the shortest/weakest romance scenes in ME3.

Then I discovered that Miranda also has the most heart-wrenching breakup scene in ME3.

What the fuck Bioware.


I broke up with Liara and went for Tali and the dialogue in the Normandy/next mission was quite amusing, both between the two of them (obviously had to take them both and see what happened) and between Liara and the rest of the crew, like EDI. I considered reloading and dumping her for Kaidan just to see what would happen, but it would be too much trouble. The dialogue between diferent crew members where you just listen but don't really participate is particularly well done in this game, in several moments.

+ Show Spoiler +
She doesn't have to die btw, she didn't in my playthrough. I think it depends on wether you warn her about Kai Lang while you are the Spectres HQ in the citadel.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 02:58:30
March 23 2012 02:48 GMT
#2598
On March 23 2012 11:42 Firebolt145 wrote:
So on my second playthrough I decided to break up with Miranda and go for Liara since Miranda has pretty much the shortest/weakest romance scenes in ME3.

Then I discovered that Miranda also has the most heart-wrenching breakup scene in ME3, not to mention + Show Spoiler +
she dies later if you don't romance her.


What the fuck Bioware.


+ Show Spoiler +
If you dont tell her about Kai Leng she dies, if you tell her about Kai Leng she always lives, with or without a Miranda romance.



On March 23 2012 11:43 SolaR- wrote:
Yeah I had sex with Miranda too, and I was like wtf thats it? The sex scenes get worse every game -_-


Yes, yes they do. It does kinda bother me because it means a lot more in ME3 than it does on some random pr0n site.
twitch.tv/medrea
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
March 23 2012 02:59 GMT
#2599
On March 23 2012 10:26 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 09:19 Latham wrote:
On March 23 2012 06:32 befek wrote:
Have you guys seen this? MAJOR SPOILER/THEORY BOUT ENDINGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=plcp&context=C451ad39VDvjVQa1PpcFOPa1SyQGwtEIrkN0m_iteCxPhpXTPzPhg=


If this turns out to be true bricks will be shat in quantities to be able to build a city from.
And whether you believe it or not, whether it was intended or not, whether it is the truth or fanfiction, ask yourself:
Wouldn't you want this to be true? You have the choice, you can believe it if you want.
I choose to believe.


That video is amazing, I believe it now. Everything in it, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, makes sense now.

Except that if you make the right choices, fight indoctrination off and choose destroy, but your EMS is too low, you don't wake up...
Administrator
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 03:22:44
March 23 2012 03:13 GMT
#2600
On March 23 2012 11:59 wo1fwood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:26 Praetorial wrote:
On March 23 2012 09:19 Latham wrote:
On March 23 2012 06:32 befek wrote:
Have you guys seen this? MAJOR SPOILER/THEORY BOUT ENDINGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=plcp&context=C451ad39VDvjVQa1PpcFOPa1SyQGwtEIrkN0m_iteCxPhpXTPzPhg=


If this turns out to be true bricks will be shat in quantities to be able to build a city from.
And whether you believe it or not, whether it was intended or not, whether it is the truth or fanfiction, ask yourself:
Wouldn't you want this to be true? You have the choice, you can believe it if you want.
I choose to believe.


That video is amazing, I believe it now. Everything in it, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, makes sense now.

Except that if you make the right choices, fight indoctrination off and choose destroy, but your EMS is too low, you don't wake up...


Or it simply doesn't show you waking up!
Seriously though, if there is something you can't really apply logic to are the diferences in the ending because of EMS. In all of them you manage to reach the crucible/citadel in the exact same way, so you can say the amount of troops you gather doesn't really matter. But if you don't have enough allies, the blast wave from the crucible destroys Earth, while if you have enough allies it doesn't really harm it. Or, for some reason, the God Kid denies you the choice of synthesis. I guess if you don't have enough friends you are not cool enough for it. For some reason even allowing TIM to shoot Anderson changes wether you wake up or not.

That's a big flaw in the ending no matter if the theory is correct or not, the way they used EMS is purely a gameplay resource, it's not like in ME2 where not upgrading your ship's hull could result in a explosion and death of a crew member, or doing loyalty mission made them stronger/more confident/whatever and alowed them to do their job better and survive. The reasons didn't have to be good, but there were reasons for how the whole ending works out, and you still have a lot of decisions even during it.
Prev 1 128 129 130 131 132 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 76
TKL 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5161
Bisu 1995
Soulkey 1567
EffOrt 769
Mini 574
Horang2 379
Larva 344
ZerO 300
actioN 245
ggaemo 244
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 96
sorry 85
hero 77
Shinee 67
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 60
Barracks 58
Pusan 57
Snow 52
Hyun 42
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 18
Terrorterran 18
NaDa 17
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Noble 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5500
qojqva2463
Dendi1281
420jenkins290
League of Legends
Reynor77
Counter-Strike
fl0m3074
x6flipin1212
Fnx 687
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1024
B2W.Neo448
DeMusliM299
XBOCT236
Livibee231
Liquid`VortiX206
QueenE103
FrodaN69
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV72
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV616
League of Legends
• Nemesis3487
• TFBlade612
Other Games
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.