• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:57
CEST 11:57
KST 18:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12081 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 104

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 665 Next
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 06:34:29
November 23 2011 06:32 GMT
#2061
There's a pretty sick Tempered Steel/Erayo deck up for BoaB this week. I like it.

To elaborate, it's basically Modern Tempered Steel (with Ethersworn Canonist, Master of Etherium, and Court Homonculus along with all the standard staples) plus Erayo, Soratami Ascendant, who, with a billion spells costing 1 or less, is easy to flip and along with Canonist, provides a soft lock on your opponent: the first spell of every turn is countered and players can't play more than 1 nonartifact spell...good luck if you aren't affinity
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 23 2011 08:31 GMT
#2062
Modern is very expensive to get into if you don't already have a decent collection of the staples. Almost might as well go into Legacy instead (more likely to find local support for the format, though I guess Modern is going to be a PTQ format soon...)

Red Affinity (w/ Atog, Fling, Shrapnel Blast, Galvanic Blast, Blood Moon) is probably the cheapest competitive deck to build in Modern. Zoo is probably the most expensive (Jund also up there), though I guess some of the 4+ color control decks are getting up there now that they are running Liliana.

The 18 point lists at Worlds were Tzu-Ching Kuo's red Affinity, Shuhei Nakamura's 4CC, Scott Richards' RUG Faeries/Delver, and Andrew Roistan's Boom//Bust Zoo. The cheapest deck out of those by far is Affinity.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
November 23 2011 09:40 GMT
#2063
Is there any love on TL for the EDH/Commander format? Been playing this a bunch on cockatrice lately, technically is a "casual" format but I tend to make completely abusive decks and nobody on there likes to play with me.

Also, I was wondering if people would be down to set up a "for-fun" cockatrice draft this weekend using ccgdecks, with me and a couple friends I know. We wanna draft a bunch but don't have the money, and the bots on ccgdecks tend to draft poorly, so we just need more people willing to competently draft with us.
good vibes only
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 23 2011 15:10 GMT
#2064
On November 23 2011 15:32 deth2munkies wrote:
There's a pretty sick Tempered Steel/Erayo deck up for BoaB this week. I like it.

To elaborate, it's basically Modern Tempered Steel (with Ethersworn Canonist, Master of Etherium, and Court Homonculus along with all the standard staples) plus Erayo, Soratami Ascendant, who, with a billion spells costing 1 or less, is easy to flip and along with Canonist, provides a soft lock on your opponent: the first spell of every turn is countered and players can't play more than 1 nonartifact spell...good luck if you aren't affinity


That deck's been around since the inception of Modern...it's shittier than the normal list by a mile.
Get it by your hands...
Vitozerm
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada25 Posts
November 23 2011 17:51 GMT
#2065
Team fireball's Worlds top 8 domination was unreal..

so proud of Conley and PV in particular.. Tempered Steel is not a comfortable deck choice for either of them, yet they buckled down and bulldozed the field with it.

sick meta choice and now the team wont have to run white weenie for a long time as their display with they deck should firmly plant itself in the memory of the competitive world.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 24 2011 08:53 GMT
#2066
Lol I just moved all my old cards from apparently kamigawa area that I had on mtgo on another account into my current account...

I need to sort through these cards to actually make a deck, also not sure, maybe might play some drafts or somethiing to get more cards.... I guess I'll be doing 2012 since my playstyle has been/currently is something like aggro/burn type, and apparently 2012 is just like from what i get... beatdown or something, so it should be easier to transition to, than jumping right into standard (when I haven't played for months... 2-3?)

on another note...

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/when-ahead-stay-ahead/ SC2 reference!....
semi old post apparently, but I'm like going through ALL posts that look interesting on multiple websites for MTG so I can get back into the game o_O idk... I just found it was kinda funny~ oo
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
ticki
Profile Joined December 2010
56 Posts
November 25 2011 19:19 GMT
#2067
I wanted to get a discussion going about Koth, mainly because I don't know where else to discuss this. World's top 8 had Caplan top 8 with RDW and 0 Koths. He had a very low curve (1-3 cc) and I really don't know how I feel about this. To me, Koth and shrine together are the reasons why RDW can survive against board sweepers and other shinanigans. When building my RDW, I plan to have 2-3 koths and 23 mountains. What do you guys think?
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
November 26 2011 00:50 GMT
#2068
I feel koth is only really useful against decks that can't deal with planeswalkers, such as MBI. White has o-ring, green has beast within, blue has counters and bounces, red has burn. Koth doesn't offer anything except damage for red aggro, so a hero of oxid ridge would probably serve the same purpose and get the job done faster to boot.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 26 2011 06:10 GMT
#2069
So today I picked up:

4 Hallowed Fountains
4 Mystic Gates
4 Path to Exile
1 Spell Snare
1 Vendilion Clique
1 Spell Snare
2 Elspeth Knight-Errant

for
2 Vensers
3 different Chandras
1 Ajani Vengeant
1 Skittles
1 Grave Titan
2 Thruns
3 Blade Splicers
4 razorverge thickets
1 Blackcleave cliffs
and a bunch of bulk rares.

think I did pretty good for myself today.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
November 26 2011 06:25 GMT
#2070
Spell Snare is my favorite card ever printed.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
November 26 2011 22:12 GMT
#2071
On November 26 2011 15:25 Risen wrote:
Spell Snare is my favorite card ever printed.


My lord they need to reprint that wonderful card.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
November 26 2011 22:25 GMT
#2072
I rather they print a draw spell that makes you discard your hand at the end of your turn. Might be too crazy in aggro decks though.

Only reason I would prefer that is because spell snare would kill my heartless summoning deck I am brewing up right now. That and it might make control way too strong.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 26 2011 23:10 GMT
#2073
Hmm Just wondering

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=buildingonabudget&description=Building on a Budget

Are these decks (for standard at least) actually decent/able to get 4-0's or 3-1's in tournaments on mtgo (Constructed 8 or whatever) ?
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 27 2011 00:19 GMT
#2074
I think the only one that is decent is the Mono Black Infect but that's because it's almost identical to the actual MBI deck that catches a lot of people off guard. i guess the GW human build is good too.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 27 2011 01:00 GMT
#2075
On November 27 2011 09:19 Shotcoder wrote:
I think the only one that is decent is the Mono Black Infect but that's because it's almost identical to the actual MBI deck that catches a lot of people off guard. i guess the GW human build is good too.

daaaaaaaamn

when I was looking on Academy bots for the cost of the mono black infect deck... so much ==''
Bought most of the GW Humans one except for like 4 cards, but... oh well ==, I guess I'll play around with that deck, and eventually...and hopefully win some tournaments in the near future so I can actually buy better cards and all o.o'
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 27 2011 01:28 GMT
#2076
I honestly think that GW deck sucks lol.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 27 2011 02:00 GMT
#2077
On November 27 2011 10:28 MCMcEmcee wrote:
I honestly think that GW deck sucks lol.

~_~

oh well I'm pretty poor anyways I get what I can~ hopefully I'd win with the deck anyways and get better cards for a better deck then ~~ Lol... Meh

Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 27 2011 02:03 GMT
#2078
On November 27 2011 10:28 MCMcEmcee wrote:
I honestly think that GW deck sucks lol.


It's a budget deck, you can't really build a beast deck for the $30-40 that this deck costs.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 03:03:49
November 27 2011 02:41 GMT
#2079
you could build a better version of the same idea tho, that GW deck was brewed before Innistrad was even out, it's just a goldfish deck that isn't even that sick of a goldfish deck

imo if you have budget restraints, you are saving more money in the long-term by just getting actual good cards over time rather than dumping money right now into a bad deck that won't have a great win% anyways, then spending more money entering tournaments with a bad deck
also GW tokens and UW Illusions are two of the most popular decks, which means every round of a tournament you are either going to play against a better, more resilient aggro deck and/or a deck that is metagamed to beat aggro decks
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 27 2011 02:56 GMT
#2080
how do you build a better version without mirran crusader($5-6), hero of bladehold($12-16), and grand abolisher($4-5)?
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 230
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1201
Bisu 744
Horang2 732
Larva 615
Hyuk 491
Leta 228
Stork 225
Sexy 108
EffOrt 98
PianO 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Soma 71
Mini 68
Pusan 40
Killer 37
ZerO 32
Bale 25
sorry 24
Hm[arnc] 22
ToSsGirL 22
yabsab 19
Trap 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe415
XaKoH 341
League of Legends
JimRising 333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
gofns38804
singsing1224
crisheroes181
Mew2King136
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6895
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1174
• Stunt1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3m
Online Event
1h 3m
FEL
6h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.