• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:56
CEST 11:56
KST 18:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12049 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 103

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 665 Next
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 21 2011 03:12 GMT
#2041
I would watch depending on the time you guys decide to stream.

What are your guys' thoughts on Illusions being the most played deck on MTGO? Sure it's fast but I really don't think it's as stable as Humans, Wolf Run, GW Overrun or UB Control...
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
mutant
Profile Joined August 2010
United States31 Posts
November 21 2011 03:17 GMT
#2042
My thoughts are that it's probably relatively cheap to build.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
November 21 2011 03:55 GMT
#2043
Regarding MTGO, people generally tend to play the cheapest deck build that has the highest chance of winning. Before ZEN rotated, everybody and their brother ran goblins.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 21 2011 10:51 GMT
#2044
On November 21 2011 10:23 mutant wrote:
Hiya, I'm the person who's considering starting a MTGO draft stream. I have just started getting back into the game, and as part of brushing up on my fundamentals, I have been drafting a lot of INN on MODO, when Melancholia mentioned that it may be interesting to start streaming my draftings.

I am far from the best player, but I've been doing rather well as of late. I have not set up any sort of streaming environment, nor have I contacted Wizards yet, as I want to see if there'd even be an audience at first.

Let me know if you'd be interested!


You don't need to contact Wizards, there are already plenty of people who stream their drafts. You can expect 20-30 viewers most likely, if you are not a high level player.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
November 21 2011 13:24 GMT
#2045
There really is only ~10 people that are regulars to this thread. Not sure if streaming would be worth your time.
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 21 2011 19:17 GMT
#2046
Every time I watch someone else draft I inevitably start internally raging as I see picks I disagree with. Other than lsv, I no longer watch people draft.
I can already see the ending
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 21 2011 19:27 GMT
#2047
On November 22 2011 04:17 DCLXVI wrote:
Every time I watch someone else draft I inevitably start internally raging as I see picks I disagree with. Other than lsv, I no longer watch people draft.


Conley > LSV /trollface

I like interesting drafters who have the gall to go out on a whim. Saw a 5 delver, 6 ghoulcaller bell deck with decent blue/green stuff. He saw 3 delvers go by in the frst pack, then when the first one tabled he just went all in.

Another drafter had an awful manabase by trying to do charmbreaker/harvestpyre/spider spawning/unburial rites... and then blue of course. Even with no mana fixing it was fun as hell to watch.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Yacobs
Profile Joined March 2010
United States846 Posts
November 21 2011 20:26 GMT
#2048
Please do stream your drafts, etc. I'm always looking for something else to watch besides SC2 and HoN/LoL/DotA2.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 21 2011 22:10 GMT
#2049
Was looking at the 4-2 decklists for the Standard portion of World's. Can I just say I'm surprised to see so many Esper Controls and other rogue decks while so few Humans, GW Wolfrun and UB control.

I just love the openness of this current Standard. No dominant deck makes it a lot more fun for deck creation.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Absurd Bunny
Profile Joined June 2011
168 Posts
November 21 2011 22:24 GMT
#2050
If you are going to draft even without streaming, then why not stream?
I'm pretty new to drafting, and could use some watching to maybe give me some tips and improve. :D
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 21 2011 22:59 GMT
#2051
On November 22 2011 04:27 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 04:17 DCLXVI wrote:
Every time I watch someone else draft I inevitably start internally raging as I see picks I disagree with. Other than lsv, I no longer watch people draft.


Conley > LSV /trollface

I like interesting drafters who have the gall to go out on a whim. Saw a 5 delver, 6 ghoulcaller bell deck with decent blue/green stuff. He saw 3 delvers go by in the frst pack, then when the first one tabled he just went all in.

Another drafter had an awful manabase by trying to do charmbreaker/harvestpyre/spider spawning/unburial rites... and then blue of course. Even with no mana fixing it was fun as hell to watch.

Conely does occasionally do some interesting drafts, but when he tries to win I find the drafts boring. I occasionally disagree with the direction he goes with the draft, but the main problem is that he bores me. If he isn't trying to have fun with the draft I stop watching after a few picks.
I can already see the ending
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 22 2011 17:58 GMT
#2052
On November 22 2011 07:59 DCLXVI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 04:27 bumatlarge wrote:
On November 22 2011 04:17 DCLXVI wrote:
Every time I watch someone else draft I inevitably start internally raging as I see picks I disagree with. Other than lsv, I no longer watch people draft.


Conley > LSV /trollface

I like interesting drafters who have the gall to go out on a whim. Saw a 5 delver, 6 ghoulcaller bell deck with decent blue/green stuff. He saw 3 delvers go by in the frst pack, then when the first one tabled he just went all in.

Another drafter had an awful manabase by trying to do charmbreaker/harvestpyre/spider spawning/unburial rites... and then blue of course. Even with no mana fixing it was fun as hell to watch.

Conely does occasionally do some interesting drafts, but when he tries to win I find the drafts boring. I occasionally disagree with the direction he goes with the draft, but the main problem is that he bores me. If he isn't trying to have fun with the draft I stop watching after a few picks.

I just like Conley because of the insane things he says. He's invented a secondary language to describe everything that happens.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 22 2011 21:19 GMT
#2053
Does anyone here have any experience with modern and be willing to help me create a deck list for the format?

I would also like to discuss legacy but I'm extremely far off monetary wise from that format.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 00:18:08
November 23 2011 00:17 GMT
#2054
I would suggest building pyromancer deck for modern since its relatively cheap and easy to find the pieces for the most part. The format is completely combo dominated right now since combo decks are all so consistant and we don't get force of will to stop them.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 23 2011 00:31 GMT
#2055
On November 23 2011 09:17 dignity wrote:
I would suggest building pyromancer deck for modern since its relatively cheap and easy to find the pieces for the most part. The format is completely combo dominated right now since combo decks are all so consistant and we don't get force of will to stop them.


So something like the pestermite? I'm trying to diversify my play as I'm currently an aggro player in standard.

Right now I'm looking at the UR Faeries lists, Neo Jund, and Esper or UW control.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 00:38:46
November 23 2011 00:34 GMT
#2056
I think Modern Zoo isn't terrible on the wallet, if that's what you're worried about. I mean this relatively, of course, I assume we're counting lands in every single deck to be roughly the same. The one card I can't get around is Tarmogoyf...who's price I'm not sure of as I type this.

EDIT: Okay, it's like $80. Ascension or Kiki-Twins is probably way cheaper.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
November 23 2011 00:45 GMT
#2057
Also, about the price tag on Legacy. A lot of the older players tell me that Legacy "is the cheapest." I suppose they mean that you plop down your fifteen hundred for duals and Force of Wills and never worry about your deck again until Snapcaster rolls around and you just pick up 4. In they long run, they're probably right but I hate buying cards.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 23 2011 00:45 GMT
#2058
Money isn't the issue because I'm going to be building it over time. I just want something to focus on since I don't have to worry about Standard until the next set is released. Even then I might run the same deck anyways with only a few changes.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
November 23 2011 00:57 GMT
#2059
I think this might be a more relevant question in terms of what you want to do.

Do you want to be competitive in modern or is it casual?
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 23 2011 01:12 GMT
#2060
On November 23 2011 09:57 dignity wrote:
I think this might be a more relevant question in terms of what you want to do.

Do you want to be competitive in modern or is it casual?


Definitely competitive. I'm hoping to start showing to bigger events so I want to be able to compete at higher levels.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 230
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1201
Bisu 744
Horang2 732
Larva 615
Hyuk 491
Leta 228
Stork 225
Sexy 108
EffOrt 98
PianO 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Soma 71
Mini 68
Pusan 40
Killer 37
ZerO 32
Bale 25
sorry 24
Hm[arnc] 22
ToSsGirL 22
yabsab 19
Trap 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe415
XaKoH 341
League of Legends
JimRising 333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
gofns38804
singsing1224
crisheroes181
Mew2King136
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6895
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1174
• Stunt1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4m
Online Event
1h 4m
FEL
6h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.