• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:14
CEST 04:14
KST 11:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 194

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 1109 Next
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
August 05 2011 21:36 GMT
#3861
On August 06 2011 06:32 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:29 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:26 howerpower wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:08 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:07 NicolBolas wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:00 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:54 NicolBolas wrote:

Unless you are actually living in a cave or something, the world is not dark. It is a bright place. Go outside in the daytime, and you will see that D3 looks a hell of a lot more like that than D2.


Okay, I agree that the art isn't anywhere close to an iota as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but are you freaking kidding me? I clearly meant the 'world of Diablo'.


Then you're saying that the "world of Diablo" is not realistic.


...


fucking pathetic...are you trying to get someone to say that diablo II was not realistic looking?
No one is saying that, everyone that is complaining is saying they completely removed the atmosphere of Diablo I and II....If you don't think Diablo III looks just like WoW you are pretty blind.

Diablo 3 does not look just like WoW

Seriously, it does not look just like WoW. I played WoW for a while and I watched gameplay videos of Diablo 3. They do not look remotely alike


There's little point arguing with that level of fanaticism. The only convincing argument is going to be when they get their hands on it and see it for themselves. After I played it at Blizzcon, I was pretty convinced that I was playing a great successor to Diablo, than I was a baby version of WoW.

Yes, it might be a little more colourful, it might not be filled with 60 shades of black/grey/brown, but god damn is it fun.

Youre right. I tried this with all of the BW die hard fans, nothing mattered. In the end, all the whiny bitches who cant stand change will stay out of our game and people who will actually appreciate the game will join in. Win win situation I guess
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
August 05 2011 21:51 GMT
#3862
On August 06 2011 06:36 Supamang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:32 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:29 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:26 howerpower wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:08 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:07 NicolBolas wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:00 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:54 NicolBolas wrote:

Unless you are actually living in a cave or something, the world is not dark. It is a bright place. Go outside in the daytime, and you will see that D3 looks a hell of a lot more like that than D2.


Okay, I agree that the art isn't anywhere close to an iota as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but are you freaking kidding me? I clearly meant the 'world of Diablo'.


Then you're saying that the "world of Diablo" is not realistic.


...


fucking pathetic...are you trying to get someone to say that diablo II was not realistic looking?
No one is saying that, everyone that is complaining is saying they completely removed the atmosphere of Diablo I and II....If you don't think Diablo III looks just like WoW you are pretty blind.

Diablo 3 does not look just like WoW

Seriously, it does not look just like WoW. I played WoW for a while and I watched gameplay videos of Diablo 3. They do not look remotely alike


There's little point arguing with that level of fanaticism. The only convincing argument is going to be when they get their hands on it and see it for themselves. After I played it at Blizzcon, I was pretty convinced that I was playing a great successor to Diablo, than I was a baby version of WoW.

Yes, it might be a little more colourful, it might not be filled with 60 shades of black/grey/brown, but god damn is it fun.

Youre right. I tried this with all of the BW die hard fans, nothing mattered. In the end, all the whiny bitches who cant stand change will stay out of our game and people who will actually appreciate the game will join in. Win win situation I guess


well its fine if they change things, but some changes are unequivocally bad. For instance, having no LAN can be bad or neutral, but I can't see it being a "good" thing. For me, my main worry is the leveling.. apparently if you beat the game once (normal, nightmare, hell) you'll end up at the max level 60. Leveling was one of the key things that kept you playing d2, especially since you could do MF runs and level at the same time. Now it seem's you'll just be mfing, which doesn't sound as appealing. any thoughts?
JSHC
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden29 Posts
August 05 2011 21:54 GMT
#3863
On August 06 2011 06:51 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:36 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:32 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:29 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:26 howerpower wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:08 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:07 NicolBolas wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:00 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:54 NicolBolas wrote:

Unless you are actually living in a cave or something, the world is not dark. It is a bright place. Go outside in the daytime, and you will see that D3 looks a hell of a lot more like that than D2.


Okay, I agree that the art isn't anywhere close to an iota as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but are you freaking kidding me? I clearly meant the 'world of Diablo'.


Then you're saying that the "world of Diablo" is not realistic.


...


fucking pathetic...are you trying to get someone to say that diablo II was not realistic looking?
No one is saying that, everyone that is complaining is saying they completely removed the atmosphere of Diablo I and II....If you don't think Diablo III looks just like WoW you are pretty blind.

Diablo 3 does not look just like WoW

Seriously, it does not look just like WoW. I played WoW for a while and I watched gameplay videos of Diablo 3. They do not look remotely alike


There's little point arguing with that level of fanaticism. The only convincing argument is going to be when they get their hands on it and see it for themselves. After I played it at Blizzcon, I was pretty convinced that I was playing a great successor to Diablo, than I was a baby version of WoW.

Yes, it might be a little more colourful, it might not be filled with 60 shades of black/grey/brown, but god damn is it fun.

Youre right. I tried this with all of the BW die hard fans, nothing mattered. In the end, all the whiny bitches who cant stand change will stay out of our game and people who will actually appreciate the game will join in. Win win situation I guess


well its fine if they change things, but some changes are unequivocally bad. For instance, having no LAN can be bad or neutral, but I can't see it being a "good" thing. For me, my main worry is the leveling.. apparently if you beat the game once (normal, nightmare, hell) you'll end up at the max level 60. Leveling was one of the key things that kept you playing d2, especially since you could do MF runs and level at the same time. Now it seem's you'll just be mfing, which doesn't sound as appealing. any thoughts?

We still don't really know what the Inferno-mode is, that could be for lv60+ stuff.
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
August 05 2011 21:56 GMT
#3864
On August 06 2011 06:54 JSHC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:51 Assault_1 wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:36 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:32 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:29 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:26 howerpower wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:08 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:07 NicolBolas wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:00 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:54 NicolBolas wrote:

Unless you are actually living in a cave or something, the world is not dark. It is a bright place. Go outside in the daytime, and you will see that D3 looks a hell of a lot more like that than D2.


Okay, I agree that the art isn't anywhere close to an iota as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but are you freaking kidding me? I clearly meant the 'world of Diablo'.


Then you're saying that the "world of Diablo" is not realistic.


...


fucking pathetic...are you trying to get someone to say that diablo II was not realistic looking?
No one is saying that, everyone that is complaining is saying they completely removed the atmosphere of Diablo I and II....If you don't think Diablo III looks just like WoW you are pretty blind.

Diablo 3 does not look just like WoW

Seriously, it does not look just like WoW. I played WoW for a while and I watched gameplay videos of Diablo 3. They do not look remotely alike


There's little point arguing with that level of fanaticism. The only convincing argument is going to be when they get their hands on it and see it for themselves. After I played it at Blizzcon, I was pretty convinced that I was playing a great successor to Diablo, than I was a baby version of WoW.

Yes, it might be a little more colourful, it might not be filled with 60 shades of black/grey/brown, but god damn is it fun.

Youre right. I tried this with all of the BW die hard fans, nothing mattered. In the end, all the whiny bitches who cant stand change will stay out of our game and people who will actually appreciate the game will join in. Win win situation I guess


well its fine if they change things, but some changes are unequivocally bad. For instance, having no LAN can be bad or neutral, but I can't see it being a "good" thing. For me, my main worry is the leveling.. apparently if you beat the game once (normal, nightmare, hell) you'll end up at the max level 60. Leveling was one of the key things that kept you playing d2, especially since you could do MF runs and level at the same time. Now it seem's you'll just be mfing, which doesn't sound as appealing. any thoughts?

We still don't really know what the Inferno-mode is, that could be for lv60+ stuff.


whats infernal mode?
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 22:01:56
August 05 2011 22:01 GMT
#3865
On August 06 2011 06:51 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:36 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:32 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:29 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:26 howerpower wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:08 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:07 NicolBolas wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:00 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:54 NicolBolas wrote:

Unless you are actually living in a cave or something, the world is not dark. It is a bright place. Go outside in the daytime, and you will see that D3 looks a hell of a lot more like that than D2.


Okay, I agree that the art isn't anywhere close to an iota as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but are you freaking kidding me? I clearly meant the 'world of Diablo'.


Then you're saying that the "world of Diablo" is not realistic.


...


fucking pathetic...are you trying to get someone to say that diablo II was not realistic looking?
No one is saying that, everyone that is complaining is saying they completely removed the atmosphere of Diablo I and II....If you don't think Diablo III looks just like WoW you are pretty blind.

Diablo 3 does not look just like WoW

Seriously, it does not look just like WoW. I played WoW for a while and I watched gameplay videos of Diablo 3. They do not look remotely alike


There's little point arguing with that level of fanaticism. The only convincing argument is going to be when they get their hands on it and see it for themselves. After I played it at Blizzcon, I was pretty convinced that I was playing a great successor to Diablo, than I was a baby version of WoW.

Yes, it might be a little more colourful, it might not be filled with 60 shades of black/grey/brown, but god damn is it fun.

Youre right. I tried this with all of the BW die hard fans, nothing mattered. In the end, all the whiny bitches who cant stand change will stay out of our game and people who will actually appreciate the game will join in. Win win situation I guess


well its fine if they change things, but some changes are unequivocally bad. For instance, having no LAN can be bad or neutral, but I can't see it being a "good" thing. For me, my main worry is the leveling.. apparently if you beat the game once (normal, nightmare, hell) you'll end up at the max level 60. Leveling was one of the key things that kept you playing d2, especially since you could do MF runs and level at the same time. Now it seem's you'll just be mfing, which doesn't sound as appealing. any thoughts?


My thought is that's bogus. Where's the source?
JSHC
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden29 Posts
August 05 2011 22:03 GMT
#3866
On August 06 2011 06:56 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:54 JSHC wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:51 Assault_1 wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:36 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:32 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:29 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:26 howerpower wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:08 Bibdy wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:07 NicolBolas wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:00 Bibdy wrote:
[quote]

Okay, I agree that the art isn't anywhere close to an iota as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but are you freaking kidding me? I clearly meant the 'world of Diablo'.


Then you're saying that the "world of Diablo" is not realistic.


...


fucking pathetic...are you trying to get someone to say that diablo II was not realistic looking?
No one is saying that, everyone that is complaining is saying they completely removed the atmosphere of Diablo I and II....If you don't think Diablo III looks just like WoW you are pretty blind.

Diablo 3 does not look just like WoW

Seriously, it does not look just like WoW. I played WoW for a while and I watched gameplay videos of Diablo 3. They do not look remotely alike


There's little point arguing with that level of fanaticism. The only convincing argument is going to be when they get their hands on it and see it for themselves. After I played it at Blizzcon, I was pretty convinced that I was playing a great successor to Diablo, than I was a baby version of WoW.

Yes, it might be a little more colourful, it might not be filled with 60 shades of black/grey/brown, but god damn is it fun.

Youre right. I tried this with all of the BW die hard fans, nothing mattered. In the end, all the whiny bitches who cant stand change will stay out of our game and people who will actually appreciate the game will join in. Win win situation I guess


well its fine if they change things, but some changes are unequivocally bad. For instance, having no LAN can be bad or neutral, but I can't see it being a "good" thing. For me, my main worry is the leveling.. apparently if you beat the game once (normal, nightmare, hell) you'll end up at the max level 60. Leveling was one of the key things that kept you playing d2, especially since you could do MF runs and level at the same time. Now it seem's you'll just be mfing, which doesn't sound as appealing. any thoughts?

We still don't really know what the Inferno-mode is, that could be for lv60+ stuff.


whats infernal mode?

As I wrote, we don't really know.
Beta Interview:
The expected damage is a starting point to balance from. Balance must be maintained for both players types, and everyone in between, which can be tricky. Ultimately, it’s going to take the game's harder difficulty modes -- Hell and Inferno -- to challenge the limits of the best Diablo III players.
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
August 05 2011 22:04 GMT
#3867
Well they did mention the goal was 1-30 in Normal, 30-50 or so in Nightmare, 50-60 in Hell. They never mentioned Inferno (4th difficulty) before that (that I know of) so I'm guessing that the 4th level will be full difficulty MF/Item/Boss running mode so that everything from the first Act to the last can drop good stuff (and not just the last act bosses as with D2). The levels are based of an interview but everything after the first sentence is pure speculation on my end.
Shai
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada806 Posts
August 05 2011 22:08 GMT
#3868
On August 06 2011 06:34 Supamang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:14 Manit0u wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:26 DrBoo wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:25 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:23 DrBoo wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:20 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:27 abominare wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:21 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:55 DrBoo wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:51 StorkHwaiting wrote:
[quote]

No, they don't. The second pics hurt my eyes. They're way too dark. I can barely see the staircases in the second one. It looks more like a medical hazard than a good time to me.


You've clearly never played diablo 1 or 2 and if you did play diablo 2 it was probably with map hack so you had no light radius to worry about.

For me personally its the fright factor of the dark as well, you don't know if there's a butcher hiding in that darkness in front of you, until you get there and actually illuminate it to see what's actually there.


I played Diablo 1 the day it came out. I just turned the gamma up so my eyes wouldn't die. And it was NOT that dark in D1. You're way off. Butcher was scary because you opened a door and he freaking charged u snorting like an oinker. But I do like the way you opened our dialogue with stupid accusations of my gaming history.

For you, personally, I recommend Resident Evil.

I concur the cathedral levels were not particularly darkly lit, the butcher was scary because of great story driven lead up to it (in context to how games were what 15 years ago?) Now if I remember correctly what got to me after playing for a while was the changes in music/noise potentially coming from albrecht that became more and more tortured as you went deeper and deeper in levels. It wasn't the typical jumped out at you shock effect but just the slowly building eerie and creepiness that eventually got you



Yes. Completely agree with this post. The story and sound contributed to the ambiance way more than the graphics. But of course in today's sorry world, people can only talk about gfx. The tortured screams were a great touch that accentuated the STORY of descending further into HELL through a freaking cathedral. The STORY is what made Diablo darkly glorious not freaking lighting.

D2 obv could not be as glorious because it was a different storyline.You can't have it dark when you're walking through freaking Egypt lol. Yah, dark ambiance in the sunny desert....


Viper Temple? Of course it can be dark in the middle of a desert or do you not remember act 2?
The only time I could accept it being bright all the time was if It was taking place upon one of the poles and it was summer so the sun never actually set and just ran along the edge of the horizon.
Since we're getting all technical here talking about Egypt.


I don't think you get what I'm saying. Either that or you're starting to just argue for argument's sake. If you want to play a dark game where you can't see anything, turn your gamma down. It's pretty ez.


I'm not trying to argue for the point of an argument I'm trying to make a point that having it bright and colourful ruins the dark and gloomy atmosphere they're "supposed" to be creating with the game.


You're arguing about completely irrelevant things. D2 would be really dark and fine if not for the atrocious outdoor levels, which I despise to this very day. Why the hell are they forcing me to run through utterly boring, uneventful and large open space before I can get to the next point of interest? Before you've reached the Barracks in D2 Act. 1 the only really interesting things were the caves, all the rest was like in a porn movie, where you have this super long and unimportant scene where a character travels from point A to point B shown in excruciating detail and real time before you get to the next scene.
I've tried to get back into D2 many times. Every single time I did the Den of Evil, entered Cold Plains and uninstalled the game.
And I'm still playing D1.

So...killing hordes of monsters outside didnt register at all to you? Just the fact that you stepped outside was so damn traumatizing that you could only think about going back indoors? I truly hope that this only happens for you while youre gaming lol


Actually I forgot about this. I really, really disliked this aspect of Diablo 2 as well. I've since gotten used to it, but going back to playing Diablo 1 reminds me how scary being deep in a dungeon was. The outside environments of act 1/2 especially were really dull thematically.

Also, the music from Diablo 2 was more pompous and orchestral (Which is something I enjoy) than Diablo 1, which took away from the horror atmosphere. Diablo 1's music was very eerie - it was simple (at least compared to D2's) and its simplicity made it haunting.

An official said recently the music in 3 sounded very "Diablo" which makes me think its akin to diablo 2's music. Great music, but not really adding to a scary atmosphere. I wish Blizzard North still owned the Diablo franchise tbh.
Eagerly awaiting Techies.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
August 05 2011 22:11 GMT
#3869
Noone know what Inferno is, or even if it will be something. It was one word in an interview that could have been a mistake, or he actually said something he shouldn't have. But Blizzard said several times there would only be 3 difficulty levels, that could be something related to hardcore. Who knows, it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard has done something noone expected. Not even concerning D3.
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
August 05 2011 22:14 GMT
#3870
On August 06 2011 07:08 Shai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 06:34 Supamang wrote:
On August 06 2011 06:14 Manit0u wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:26 DrBoo wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:25 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:23 DrBoo wrote:
On August 06 2011 05:20 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:27 abominare wrote:
On August 06 2011 04:21 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:55 DrBoo wrote:
[quote]

You've clearly never played diablo 1 or 2 and if you did play diablo 2 it was probably with map hack so you had no light radius to worry about.

For me personally its the fright factor of the dark as well, you don't know if there's a butcher hiding in that darkness in front of you, until you get there and actually illuminate it to see what's actually there.


I played Diablo 1 the day it came out. I just turned the gamma up so my eyes wouldn't die. And it was NOT that dark in D1. You're way off. Butcher was scary because you opened a door and he freaking charged u snorting like an oinker. But I do like the way you opened our dialogue with stupid accusations of my gaming history.

For you, personally, I recommend Resident Evil.

I concur the cathedral levels were not particularly darkly lit, the butcher was scary because of great story driven lead up to it (in context to how games were what 15 years ago?) Now if I remember correctly what got to me after playing for a while was the changes in music/noise potentially coming from albrecht that became more and more tortured as you went deeper and deeper in levels. It wasn't the typical jumped out at you shock effect but just the slowly building eerie and creepiness that eventually got you



Yes. Completely agree with this post. The story and sound contributed to the ambiance way more than the graphics. But of course in today's sorry world, people can only talk about gfx. The tortured screams were a great touch that accentuated the STORY of descending further into HELL through a freaking cathedral. The STORY is what made Diablo darkly glorious not freaking lighting.

D2 obv could not be as glorious because it was a different storyline.You can't have it dark when you're walking through freaking Egypt lol. Yah, dark ambiance in the sunny desert....


Viper Temple? Of course it can be dark in the middle of a desert or do you not remember act 2?
The only time I could accept it being bright all the time was if It was taking place upon one of the poles and it was summer so the sun never actually set and just ran along the edge of the horizon.
Since we're getting all technical here talking about Egypt.


I don't think you get what I'm saying. Either that or you're starting to just argue for argument's sake. If you want to play a dark game where you can't see anything, turn your gamma down. It's pretty ez.


I'm not trying to argue for the point of an argument I'm trying to make a point that having it bright and colourful ruins the dark and gloomy atmosphere they're "supposed" to be creating with the game.


You're arguing about completely irrelevant things. D2 would be really dark and fine if not for the atrocious outdoor levels, which I despise to this very day. Why the hell are they forcing me to run through utterly boring, uneventful and large open space before I can get to the next point of interest? Before you've reached the Barracks in D2 Act. 1 the only really interesting things were the caves, all the rest was like in a porn movie, where you have this super long and unimportant scene where a character travels from point A to point B shown in excruciating detail and real time before you get to the next scene.
I've tried to get back into D2 many times. Every single time I did the Den of Evil, entered Cold Plains and uninstalled the game.
And I'm still playing D1.

So...killing hordes of monsters outside didnt register at all to you? Just the fact that you stepped outside was so damn traumatizing that you could only think about going back indoors? I truly hope that this only happens for you while youre gaming lol


Actually I forgot about this. I really, really disliked this aspect of Diablo 2 as well. I've since gotten used to it, but going back to playing Diablo 1 reminds me how scary being deep in a dungeon was. The outside environments of act 1/2 especially were really dull thematically.

Also, the music from Diablo 2 was more pompous and orchestral (Which is something I enjoy) than Diablo 1, which took away from the horror atmosphere. Diablo 1's music was very eerie - it was simple (at least compared to D2's) and its simplicity made it haunting.

An official said recently the music in 3 sounded very "Diablo" which makes me think its akin to diablo 2's music. Great music, but not really adding to a scary atmosphere. I wish Blizzard North still owned the Diablo franchise tbh.

Ok nevermind I see where you guys are coming from now. I just never saw Diablo as a part of the horror genre so I didnt understand why indoors vs outdoors was such a huge deal.
JSHC
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden29 Posts
August 05 2011 22:19 GMT
#3871
On August 06 2011 07:11 SKC wrote:
Noone know what Inferno is, or even if it will be something. It was one word in an interview that could have been a mistake, or he actually said something he shouldn't have. But Blizzard said several times there would only be 3 difficulty levels, that could be something related to hardcore. Who knows, it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard has done something noone expected. Not even concerning D3.

It's on Blizzards official site, and they know that it's in that interview since it blew up on the forums. If it wasn't meant to be there it would've been edited out by now. It might not be an entire new difficulty level but it might be a new mode that springs off of the story or whatever. We don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be in that interview.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
August 05 2011 22:29 GMT
#3872
On August 06 2011 07:19 JSHC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 07:11 SKC wrote:
Noone know what Inferno is, or even if it will be something. It was one word in an interview that could have been a mistake, or he actually said something he shouldn't have. But Blizzard said several times there would only be 3 difficulty levels, that could be something related to hardcore. Who knows, it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard has done something noone expected. Not even concerning D3.

It's on Blizzards official site, and they know that it's in that interview since it blew up on the forums. If it wasn't meant to be there it would've been edited out by now. It might not be an entire new difficulty level but it might be a new mode that springs off of the story or whatever. We don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be in that interview.


Still, several people have been talking like it's a 4th new difficulty setting, when it could actually just be a diferent name for something. I would be surprised even if the lack of information on it turned out to be Blizzard trolling everybody. It's just too soon to say there will be a 4th difficulty when every time someone asked about it before they were very sure about there being only 3.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 22:37:50
August 05 2011 22:36 GMT
#3873
Wow diablo 3 looks so amazing o,o

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
haha just kidding it is not D3
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
August 05 2011 22:37 GMT
#3874
I'm surprised people are still arguing about the Diablo-3-is-too-colorful deal - or at least they were a few pages ago. To them I say: Diablo 3, in my eyes, looks beautiful. I'd rather be playing a beautiful game over the next ten years, thank you very much.

@Diablo 1 versus the other games:

I think Diablo 2 was definitely the better game, but Diablo 1 had something Diablo 2 never did, which was the potential to be scary. Yeah we were younger then, but in Diablo 1 you go into the labyrinth and its dark with spooky music... and as soon as a skeleton or two appears, you're in danger of losing your life. Diablo 2, on the other hand, you're a superhero the entire way through. You walk out and you see a bunch of zombies screaming for you to kill them, because they can't hurt you. Sure maybe it's more casual friendly, but it's not the same

My hope for Diablo 3 is that they will have both types of segments. I prefer the Diablo 2 style most of the way through, but I want Diablo 3 to have the potential to be scary. I want Hell to live up to its name. ^^
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
August 05 2011 22:43 GMT
#3875
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 06 2011 07:36 Boblion wrote:
Wow diablo 3 looks so amazing o,o

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
haha just kidding it is not D3


what game is that?
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
August 05 2011 22:45 GMT
#3876
Looks like Path of Exile.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 22:47:59
August 05 2011 22:47 GMT
#3877
^
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250781

Idk if the game will be good but it looks much more better than D3 imo.

P-S: If you don't agree it is fine, i don't want to start an argument over aesthetics
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 22:49:17
August 05 2011 22:47 GMT
#3878
On August 06 2011 07:43 Assault_1 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 06 2011 07:36 Boblion wrote:
Wow diablo 3 looks so amazing o,o

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
haha just kidding it is not D3


what game is that?


Seriously that game look good, what is it?


Updated: Oh path of exile, looks sick now to find a way into it's beta already more excited for it than d3
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
August 05 2011 22:52 GMT
#3879
The first Path of Exile pic looks lame to me, and the last pic looks like they went crazy ballistic on HDI lighting.

The forest pic, on the other hand I think looks really pretty.

Just goes to show you can't please everyone all the time... even sometimes when it's only one person
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 05 2011 23:13 GMT
#3880
On August 06 2011 07:47 Boblion wrote:
^
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250781

Idk if the game will be good but it looks much more better than D3 imo.

P-S: If you don't agree it is fine, i don't want to start an argument over aesthetics


Only someone with that kind of grammar would think it looks better than D3, but it will be fun before D3 comes out =P
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 46m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.