• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:44
CEST 14:44
KST 21:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8510 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 845

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 843 844 845 846 847 1431 Next
judochopaction
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States533 Posts
September 08 2010 21:45 GMT
#16881
i would say the most generic / best choices for a wide range of champions would be

dodge / mp5perlevel - seals

armor pen / magic pen - marks

magic resist - glphs

flat hp / move speed - quints
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 21:50:28
September 08 2010 21:47 GMT
#16882
For most casters, MP5/L seals and for quite a few additionally MP5/L glyphs are extremely useful.
MP5 is actually quite pricey ingame, and often the MP5 items don't fit well with the rest of your items.
Get APen marks for casters first, AP is weaker in most setups. Healers are the number one exception. AP is also pretty damn cheap and can be stacked fairly well.

I wouldn't get CDR too early. If you don't even have enough mana, CDR won't help at all.

Especially Kass eats through mana, and Karthus has no trouble emptying his manapool either. Get at least those seals for them imo.


Dodge sucks for the price. Though against Kog, dodge might see a rise in popularity. Until Kogs get SotD. How convenient that W and SotD both enhance your autoattack...
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 22:22:13
September 08 2010 21:48 GMT
#16883
I'm starting to like CDR/lvl blues as an ideal. They even out at level 13, so not very efficient, but before level 13 you definitely aren't spamming skills. Then by level 18 you get 8.1% reduction instead of 5.85% Very good for bursty characters like annie/ryze.

Other than that good blues are hard to find in primary quality. The only other choice is mres/lvl which is an excellent stat to have so...

Time to pimp my rune spreadsheet
http://tinyurl.com/legends-runes

Add to it if you have more info about runes

edit: fixed math.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 08 2010 22:00 GMT
#16884
On September 09 2010 06:20 Niton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 06:12 Jazriel wrote:
On September 09 2010 06:09 crazeman wrote:
hey guys, I'm currently level 18 and I'm saving up my IP to get a full page of T3 runes when I hit level 20. What kind of runes should I be aiming to get? Is it better for me to get runes specifically for one hero or should I go for generic runes that every hero can use such as CD reduction or movespeed/+xp runes?


Flush out your page with T1 runes. Fiddle around with some different options if you're not lazy. I'd focus more on getting full Marks or Seals or Glyphs T3 before you worry about having full T3 pages. Also Quints are important and possibly very expensive (t3 ms quints = 2k).


The only runes that are (probably) worth the intial t3 investment before you know what hero you want to play are the Mp5pl Seals/Glyphs. They're both 205 cost each and are at the least very good for 2/3 of the heroes in the game. Otherwise, just buy t3 runes that fit the champions that you play/enjoy the most.

armor penetration marks too, that would be the set I'd get. Apen marks work on most casters well enough too. For quints, flat health works with everything and is never bad so those are good, but they're costy and aren't always exactly optimal on most champions.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
mptj
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States485 Posts
September 08 2010 22:03 GMT
#16885
Hey guys, just wanted to say I've been prompted by some friends(very low ELO friends XD) to start making some instructional videos and posting them to my youtube channel LOL. But, me being the nerd I am and wanting to feel like I am good, decided it would be fun after all. So I will be making some champion tutorials with audio for a variety of champions. My first two will be probably be vladimir and Kog'Maw and then I will start going through with a tutorial of almost all the carries. My ELO for solo queue and ranked 3v3 are around 1500 in case anyone is wondering. Slowly climbing up though
"Only the Good Die Young"
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
September 08 2010 22:07 GMT
#16886
More power to you! Some of the youtube "guides" I see are just glorified epeen contests anyway with people showing off all their good games and none of the bad... How about evening out the videos by showing the reason a champ is good and also where they fail too leading to death or obscurity?
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
September 08 2010 22:07 GMT
#16887
On September 09 2010 07:03 mptj wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to say I've been prompted by some friends(very low ELO friends XD) to start making some instructional videos and posting them to my youtube channel LOL. But, me being the nerd I am and wanting to feel like I am good, decided it would be fun after all. So I will be making some champion tutorials with audio for a variety of champions. My first two will be probably be vladimir and Kog'Maw and then I will start going through with a tutorial of almost all the carries. My ELO for solo queue and ranked 3v3 are around 1500 in case anyone is wondering. Slowly climbing up though


While this sounds great, the only suggestion I'd give is to not use characters that require 6300 IP to unlock. I'd hardly call that "Low-ELO friendly."
#1 LoL player
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
September 08 2010 22:08 GMT
#16888
i found a really, really fun thing to do.

so, if you didnt notice, you now need 6 players in a practice game. so basically a player vs. bot match is 5 players vs. 4 bots and 1 player. you want to be this 1 player. pick a hero that goes really wild when fed. also you should be able to stay out on the field for a long time. you really have to dominate the others pretty badly. i usually pick kayle. also try to remember who the low level players are in the opponent team. those you want to farm first.

today i got my most legendary win yet. enemy team even had 2 lvl 30s. i went 42-5 ... :D

[image loading]
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 08 2010 22:16 GMT
#16889
Everything sounds so funny in the German launcher if you are used to the English one...
"Vasallen" for minions is just too stupid...

Oh btw I decided to use 8 flat CDR and 1 scaling CDR glyph now, sporting a full 40% CDR starting at level 16. Yeah I totally needed to get those 0.15% more CDR. I feel like my play is severely limited without it.
CDR/L evens out with flat ones at level 13, not 11 as mentioned before.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 22:21:44
September 08 2010 22:21 GMT
#16890
Oops, sorry bad math on my part. 13 is correct.

.05% per level vs .65% flat
crazeman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
664 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 22:23:38
September 08 2010 22:22 GMT
#16891
On September 09 2010 06:12 Jazriel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 06:09 crazeman wrote:
hey guys, I'm currently level 18 and I'm saving up my IP to get a full page of T3 runes when I hit level 20. What kind of runes should I be aiming to get? Is it better for me to get runes specifically for one hero or should I go for generic runes that every hero can use such as CD reduction or movespeed/+xp runes?


Flush out your page with T1 runes. Fiddle around with some different options if you're not lazy. I'd focus more on getting full Marks or Seals or Glyphs T3 before you worry about having full T3 pages. Also Quints are important and possibly very expensive (t3 ms quints = 2k).


lol, I've actually been playing with 0 runes up until now. I always figured that it'd be more efficient to just go straight into T3 runes once I hit level 20 so I didn't want to waste my IP points so either way I have to invest a heavy amount into runes soon.

Is there any runes that suck ass and should be avoided at all cost? Also which is better, flat mp5 or mp5/level?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 08 2010 22:22 GMT
#16892
yea, lots
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 22:30:31
September 08 2010 22:29 GMT
#16893
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 09 2010 07:22 crazeman wrote:
lol, I've actually been playing with 0 runes up until now. I always figured that it'd be more efficient to just go straight into T3 runes once I hit level 20 so I didn't want to waste my IP points so either way I have to invest a heavy amount into runes soon.

Is there any runes that suck ass and should be avoided at all cost? Also which is better, flat mp5 or mp5/level?


T1 runes are still helpful. Spending 135 IP to get ~8 APen helps with last hitting.
#1 LoL player
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 08 2010 22:33 GMT
#16894
On September 09 2010 07:22 crazeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 06:12 Jazriel wrote:
On September 09 2010 06:09 crazeman wrote:
hey guys, I'm currently level 18 and I'm saving up my IP to get a full page of T3 runes when I hit level 20. What kind of runes should I be aiming to get? Is it better for me to get runes specifically for one hero or should I go for generic runes that every hero can use such as CD reduction or movespeed/+xp runes?


Flush out your page with T1 runes. Fiddle around with some different options if you're not lazy. I'd focus more on getting full Marks or Seals or Glyphs T3 before you worry about having full T3 pages. Also Quints are important and possibly very expensive (t3 ms quints = 2k).


lol, I've actually been playing with 0 runes up until now. I always figured that it'd be more efficient to just go straight into T3 runes once I hit level 20 so I didn't want to waste my IP points so either way I have to invest a heavy amount into runes soon.

Is there any runes that suck ass and should be avoided at all cost? Also which is better, flat mp5 or mp5/level?

I love it when people think like this, it makes diagnosing their problems really easy.

"Man it sucks i can't play with level 30s"
"what runes do you have"
"none im saving for t3"
"spend 450 and get a full page of t1"
"???"
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 08 2010 22:35 GMT
#16895
On September 09 2010 06:48 ghen wrote:
I'm starting to like CDR/lvl blues as an ideal. They even out at level 13, so not very efficient, but before level 13 you definitely aren't spamming skills. Then by level 18 you get 8.1% reduction instead of 5.85% Very good for bursty characters like annie/ryze.

Other than that good blues are hard to find in primary quality. The only other choice is mres/lvl which is an excellent stat to have so...

Time to pimp my rune spreadsheet
http://tinyurl.com/legends-runes

Add to it if you have more info about runes

edit: fixed math.

I'd like to plug mp5/lv glyphs here because they're amazing on chars that need mana
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 22:42:18
September 08 2010 22:40 GMT
#16896
On September 09 2010 07:22 crazeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2010 06:12 Jazriel wrote:
On September 09 2010 06:09 crazeman wrote:
hey guys, I'm currently level 18 and I'm saving up my IP to get a full page of T3 runes when I hit level 20. What kind of runes should I be aiming to get? Is it better for me to get runes specifically for one hero or should I go for generic runes that every hero can use such as CD reduction or movespeed/+xp runes?


Flush out your page with T1 runes. Fiddle around with some different options if you're not lazy. I'd focus more on getting full Marks or Seals or Glyphs T3 before you worry about having full T3 pages. Also Quints are important and possibly very expensive (t3 ms quints = 2k).


lol, I've actually been playing with 0 runes up until now. I always figured that it'd be more efficient to just go straight into T3 runes once I hit level 20 so I didn't want to waste my IP points so either way I have to invest a heavy amount into runes soon.

Is there any runes that suck ass and should be avoided at all cost? Also which is better, flat mp5 or mp5/level?

I skipped buying T1 completely and I think I did fine without it. You can afford to spend a little IP on a couple heroes or T1 runes unless you want multiple pages of runes because at lvl 20 you won't have all slots available to fill with runes anyway.
twitter: @terrancem
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
September 08 2010 22:46 GMT
#16897
sever unavailable until forever?

Riot, you fail HARDCORE!!!!... btw, how much the new champ cost?
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 08 2010 22:50 GMT
#16898
I kinda went crazy on that page and decided to just leave comments on the ones I liked instead of rating all of them after I realized that everyone else would see the edits too.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
September 08 2010 23:02 GMT
#16899
On September 09 2010 07:46 NB wrote:
sever unavailable until forever?

Riot, you fail HARDCORE!!!!... btw, how much the new champ cost?


6300
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Brambled
Profile Joined July 2010
United States750 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-08 23:06:12
September 08 2010 23:03 GMT
#16900
Wish we had some update about the downtime.

[image loading]

Looks like the forums have shut down as well.
Prev 1 843 844 845 846 847 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1341
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 275
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56767
Calm 3769
Shuttle 3384
Bisu 1491
FanTaSy 1429
firebathero 389
Stork 321
Mini 272
Zeus 261
Hyuk 257
[ Show more ]
Soma 245
Rush 240
EffOrt 225
actioN 173
Soulkey 166
Light 155
Last 145
ZerO 130
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 67
Sea.KH 66
Mong 65
Pusan 53
Killer 52
Barracks 52
PianO 44
hero 42
JYJ 41
Free 36
NotJumperer 36
Shinee 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 27
Shine 27
Yoon 27
Aegong 26
Hyun 26
Sharp 25
sorry 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 15
HiyA 15
Noble 13
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5882
Dendi629
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1389
kRYSTAL_318
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko379
Other Games
gofns36261
singsing2029
B2W.Neo845
crisheroes276
hiko236
DeMusliM208
Livibee133
byalli129
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
16m
OSC
9h 31m
Replay Cast
10h 16m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.