• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8104 users

NBA 09-10: The Roundball Rock - Page 14

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 111 Next
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 01 2009 15:00 GMT
#261
On November 01 2009 23:33 Ace wrote:
pretty much agreed. Kinda funny how we usually talk about star level players needing a supporting cast but that's a team that has a ridiculous level of support (mostly offensive) that just needs 1 star to do well. A star PF/Center like Al Jefferson would make Detroit a merciless squad.


I feel like this has been Chicago's problem in recent times (before rose)..

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, all those guys are sick role players but you can't build teams around em.

Now Chicago has Derrick Rose, but what sucks about 'star' players is that for some reason a star PG isn't enough (Allen Iverson and Isiah Thomas are practically the only 2 exceptions to this rule in the past 30 or so years)...
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 01 2009 15:04 GMT
#262
btw, still 1st =D!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
November 01 2009 15:30 GMT
#263
On November 01 2009 23:33 Ace wrote:
pretty much agreed. Kinda funny how we usually talk about star level players needing a supporting cast but that's a team that has a ridiculous level of support (mostly offensive) that just needs 1 star to do well. A star PF/Center like Al Jefferson would make Detroit a merciless squad.


You mean spending all that money on BGCV wasn't the way to a championship? GASP!

When I do make my time machine, I'm going to go back and kill Hitler, but only after taking out Darko first.
returns upon momentous occasions.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 01 2009 17:00 GMT
#264
Pistons won their last championship without a "star" so I don't believe that to be a necessary key. Though, we did have a Larry Brown, so that makes a huge difference. Not having a true PG is a bit of an issue too.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 02 2009 05:04 GMT
#265
Rip and Prince were star Caliber at the time though. Plus like you said you had Larry Brown, aka The Phil Jackson Killer.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
November 02 2009 05:21 GMT
#266
If you believe in David Berri's wages of wins, Ben Wallace was one of the essential stars that helps win championships.

In 2003-2004, basketball reference had the opponents scoring 87 points per 100 possessions while he was playing.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 02 2009 05:25 GMT
#267
well yea, he was a defensive MVP also. That Pistons team was stacked very nicely but injuries and Larry Brown's leaving = end of the line for them. Kinda sucked too because Detroit was one of the few Eastern teams that could hold up vs the Western Conference.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 02 2009 05:48 GMT
#268
On November 02 2009 02:00 tonight wrote:
Pistons won their last championship without a "star" so I don't believe that to be a necessary key. Though, we did have a Larry Brown, so that makes a huge difference. Not having a true PG is a bit of an issue too.


Chauncy + in-his-prime Ben Wallace + in-their-primes Hamilton+Prince + still really effect Rasheed ...
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-02 08:29:19
November 02 2009 08:29 GMT
#269
GUYS I'M MESSAGING YOU FROM THE PAST

IT IS JUNE 25 2003

I MANAGED TO CONTACT BILL DAVIDSON AND JOE D. I AM HOLDING LARRY BROWN'S CHILDREN HOSTAGE.

WHO SHOULD I HAVE THEM DRAFT? WADE MELO OR BOSH??????

HURRY I HAVE NO TIME
returns upon momentous occasions.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
November 02 2009 08:53 GMT
#270
On November 02 2009 17:29 HonestTea wrote:
GUYS I'M MESSAGING YOU FROM THE PAST

IT IS JUNE 25 2003

I MANAGED TO CONTACT BILL DAVIDSON AND JOE D. I AM HOLDING LARRY BROWN'S CHILDREN HOSTAGE.

WHO SHOULD I HAVE THEM DRAFT? WADE MELO OR BOSH??????

HURRY I HAVE NO TIME

lol
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 02 2009 11:00 GMT
#271
None of those players were considered "stars" during that time. Not one of them had made an all-star team aside from 'Sheed. I remember that being a point of emphasis from commentators and the likes. Saying the Pistons can't stack up to the Lakers because we have no true "star" on the team. Despite if they were in their primes or not none of them were considered stars.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-02 11:35:46
November 02 2009 11:32 GMT
#272
Well I'll ask you this, during 2003,2004,and 2005 who in the East were considered the top All Stars?

ETA: Also I like the Roto league. Don't know if it's the settings, Yahoo's version or what but I think I'll try and do a Roto league every year from now on. Not having to draft the best player is actually kind of fun.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 02 2009 15:20 GMT
#273
One week and still at the top, but the gap is closing T____T!

By the way - I don't think enough (actually, anything?) is being said about how fucking crazy it is that Grant Hill who is a 37 year old perimeter player is putting up 20/10 while shooting 50+% from the field and 90+% from the FT line. In just 33 minutes of playing. Holy fucking shit? O____O;;

In my opinion Carmelo, Arenas, and Grant Hill are three of the most interesting individual stories so far this season just based on how insane they're playing... nobody else is really shocking that much.

Well scratch that - Brandon Jennings as a rookie? Whoa, didn't expect him to put up the numbers he's putting up.

Question: can any of these guys keep it up all season?
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-02 16:08:31
November 02 2009 16:06 GMT
#274
Minnesota, Golden State, Clippers - that explains a lot about his stats.

Carmelo yes, because it's about time he gets the hunger. Seriously took him so long.

Arenas not really a surprise. This was how he used to be before the injury. He's still not at the CP3/Deron Williams level though.

Brandon Jennings - shocking. In fact Evans, Jennings and like 2 other rookies had really good starts. I doubt they will be this good all season but it would be the first time in a long time I remember the NBA having back to back draft classes with a good number of rookies that you can say are going to be great.

just checked the ESPN league..lol.

Brandon Jennings:
%OWN: 52.8 (+33.6)

jeezus
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
November 02 2009 16:44 GMT
#275
On November 02 2009 17:29 HonestTea wrote:
GUYS I'M MESSAGING YOU FROM THE PAST

IT IS JUNE 25 2003

I MANAGED TO CONTACT BILL DAVIDSON AND JOE D. I AM HOLDING LARRY BROWN'S CHILDREN HOSTAGE.

WHO SHOULD I HAVE THEM DRAFT? WADE MELO OR BOSH??????

HURRY I HAVE NO TIME



Darko

LOL
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 02 2009 16:51 GMT
#276
Simmons has a good defense of Detroit's choice in his book. There was a CLEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 1-2-3, LeBron, Darko, Carmelo. Wade and Bosh weren't even on the radar of the top 3, so it's unfair to criticize them in retrospect. Missing Carmelo sucks, although Simmons has a good argument as to how if they HAD drafted Carmelo they wouldn't have won the title in 2004.

Read his book!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
November 02 2009 22:16 GMT
#277
On November 02 2009 20:00 tonight wrote:
None of those players were considered "stars" during that time. Not one of them had made an all-star team aside from 'Sheed. I remember that being a point of emphasis from commentators and the likes. Saying the Pistons can't stack up to the Lakers because we have no true "star" on the team. Despite if they were in their primes or not none of them were considered stars.


Right, but it would be a travesty for them to go down in history as a team with no studs.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 02 2009 22:50 GMT
#278
I didn't say that. I'm saying when they won they were the clear underdogs and they won because they were so connected as a complete team.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 02 2009 22:51 GMT
#279
yes this is true, but it's a HUGE exception to the rule.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 03 2009 01:53 GMT
#280
I know, I'm just saying
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14943
Dewaltoss 168
ZZZero.O 137
firebathero 111
Hyuk 88
Terrorterran 25
Dota 2
febbydoto49
NeuroSwarm0
League of Legends
Doublelift3654
Counter-Strike
Fnx 773
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5839
Other Games
summit1g6484
FrodaN2493
fl0m790
mouzStarbuck360
KnowMe266
ToD255
ArmadaUGS131
Railgan50
Mew2King45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• musti20045 31
• Adnapsc2 19
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen115
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur176
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 24m
INu's Battles
14h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 24m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.