• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:12
CEST 02:12
KST 09:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8990 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 38

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
March 19 2010 04:53 GMT
#741
[image loading]


Just finished watching it. It was a really good movie, a few scenes I'm sure they could have just gotten rid of, but they were a fun filler. Definately could have been shorter, but I didn't mind the length at all.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Only problem really was the huge portrayal of a naked woman. Nothing wrong with that, except that they really had to put the beauty of a naked woman on the top of the things that needs to be pushed.

It was a great watch, some-what of a chick-flick (only the ending made it that way really).

Trailer is in the spoiler.
+ Show Spoiler +
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
March 19 2010 04:59 GMT
#742
[image loading]


it was interesting, i wont be watching it again any time soon, but im glad i saw it. id been looking for a copy forever because of the sheer awesomeness of that poster
Dwell
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
March 19 2010 05:00 GMT
#743
On March 17 2010 01:43 Modus wrote:
I have watched a movie every day since I was about 13, and I am now 25.

I am against saying a favorite movie because I could compile a top 50 in each "genre" that would change depending on my mood, but if you were to torture me for that special "one"... it would have to be Royston Tan's 4:30 that I saw with my girlfriend at the time on a psuedo date. The movie heavy that we both walked out of the theater in dead silence, and when I tried to make lighthearted conversation to break the silence there was a noticeably upset quiver in my voice. My girlfriend burst into tears after I completed my brief mentioning of the film. Fast forward to present and we're now married, and still reflect on the point that the movie brought us closer in a moment that we least expected it. That movie accelerated our relationship in a way I couldn't have expected, let alone articulate. have yet to get over this movie.

[image loading]

Seek this movie out, and see it. May it haunt you like it does me, in the best possible way.


gonna check this out
Kadoka
Profile Joined October 2008
United States82 Posts
March 20 2010 04:26 GMT
#744
On March 19 2010 14:00 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 01:43 Modus wrote:
I have watched a movie every day since I was about 13, and I am now 25.

I am against saying a favorite movie because I could compile a top 50 in each "genre" that would change depending on my mood, but if you were to torture me for that special "one"... it would have to be Royston Tan's 4:30 that I saw with my girlfriend at the time on a psuedo date. The movie heavy that we both walked out of the theater in dead silence, and when I tried to make lighthearted conversation to break the silence there was a noticeably upset quiver in my voice. My girlfriend burst into tears after I completed my brief mentioning of the film. Fast forward to present and we're now married, and still reflect on the point that the movie brought us closer in a moment that we least expected it. That movie accelerated our relationship in a way I couldn't have expected, let alone articulate. have yet to get over this movie.

[image loading]

Seek this movie out, and see it. May it haunt you like it does me, in the best possible way.


gonna check this out


Just watched this. It didn't hit me hard like I had hoped it would.
asdf
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 01:44:58
March 25 2010 01:39 GMT
#745
[image loading]


I feel sick...

EDIT: Soviet WWII based anti-war movie. Quite possibly the most powerful anti-war movie ever made. Over the top with the individual Nazi portrayal, but the plot is based on actual events. The cinematography and acting are brilliant, and some scenes really are hauntingly beautiful. It is a Russian film but it's not Tarkovsky level crazy.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
March 25 2010 02:13 GMT
#746
[image loading]

Apparently, it wasn't very accurate according to many people in the EOD field, but I loved it all the same.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
buickskylark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada664 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 02:26:25
March 25 2010 02:25 GMT
#747
On March 25 2010 10:39 Jibba wrote:
[image loading]


I feel sick...

EDIT: Soviet WWII based anti-war movie. Quite possibly the most powerful anti-war movie ever made. Over the top with the individual Nazi portrayal, but the plot is based on actual events. The cinematography and acting are brilliant, and some scenes really are hauntingly beautiful. It is a Russian film but it's not Tarkovsky level crazy.


What qualifies as anti-war? Since this is a WWII movies, doesn't that then put it in the realm of Shindler's List? Or The Pianist?

And what about movies about other wars? Platoon? Casualties of War?
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 02:43:13
March 25 2010 02:35 GMT
#748
On March 25 2010 11:25 buickskylark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 10:39 Jibba wrote:
[image loading]


I feel sick...

EDIT: Soviet WWII based anti-war movie. Quite possibly the most powerful anti-war movie ever made. Over the top with the individual Nazi portrayal, but the plot is based on actual events. The cinematography and acting are brilliant, and some scenes really are hauntingly beautiful. It is a Russian film but it's not Tarkovsky level crazy.


What qualifies as anti-war? Since this is a WWII movies, doesn't that then put it in the realm of Shindler's List? Or The Pianist?

And what about movies about other wars? Platoon? Casualties of War?
The general idea is that the film simply emphasizes the horrors of war. Shindler's List could qualify, as could Dr. Strangelove. I think the difference here is that SL and The Pianist are more focused on telling their story, whereas the story clearly takes a backseat to the atrocities of war in Come and See. Those two are probably better overall movies, but you're not going to come away from them with nearly the same feeling as you will with this. This is closer to watching Grave of the Fireflies or Apocalypse Now. Platoon, Waltz with Bashir and The Hurt Locker probably go in that category too. Like, I just feel sort of ill right now.

Maybe this is a better way to put it. Schindler's List and The Pianist are sad, but they're not necessarily disturbing. This is disturbing me moreso than any movie I've seen before. :| It's not as graphic as some other things, but it might be the cumulative effect of the music + imagery + camera angles, etc.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
March 25 2010 02:50 GMT
#749
On March 25 2010 11:13 Enki wrote:
[image loading]

Apparently, it wasn't very accurate according to many people in the EOD field, but I loved it all the same.



i dont how so many people hold war movies to be good or bad based solely on how realistic they are (not saying you do though, obviously by your post lol).

Like for instance, I know a few people who when I say that the Hurt Locker is one of my favorite movies in the last few years, they would just say "oh that movie sucks it's not realistic". of course it's not, it's a movie. that doesnt mean that it's themes or message are not relate-able though.
Free Palestine
buickskylark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada664 Posts
March 25 2010 02:58 GMT
#750
On March 25 2010 11:35 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:25 buickskylark wrote:
On March 25 2010 10:39 Jibba wrote:
[image loading]


I feel sick...

EDIT: Soviet WWII based anti-war movie. Quite possibly the most powerful anti-war movie ever made. Over the top with the individual Nazi portrayal, but the plot is based on actual events. The cinematography and acting are brilliant, and some scenes really are hauntingly beautiful. It is a Russian film but it's not Tarkovsky level crazy.


What qualifies as anti-war? Since this is a WWII movies, doesn't that then put it in the realm of Shindler's List? Or The Pianist?

And what about movies about other wars? Platoon? Casualties of War?
The general idea is that the film simply emphasizes the horrors of war. Shindler's List could qualify, as could Dr. Strangelove. I think the difference here is that SL and The Pianist are more focused on telling their story, whereas the story clearly takes a backseat to the atrocities of war in Come and See. Those two are probably better overall movies, but you're not going to come away from them with nearly the same feeling as you will with this. This is closer to watching Grave of the Fireflies or Apocalypse Now. Platoon, Waltz with Bashir and The Hurt Locker probably go in that category too. Like, I just feel sort of ill right now.

Maybe this is a better way to put it. Schindler's List and The Pianist are sad, but they're not necessarily disturbing. This is disturbing me moreso than any movie I've seen before. :| It's not as graphic as some other things, but it might be the cumulative effect of the music + imagery + camera angles, etc.


Maybe it depends where you're from. I highly doubt the Vietnamese will see Platoon or Casualties of War as any less of an impact than Come and See. Likewise, no Jews will see any thing more powerful than Shindler's List and the Piano. Out of all the 'anti-war' movies I've seen, it's ironic that Grave of the Fireflies made the most impact on me. Probably because the story concentrated heavily on very little kids, as opposed to the other movies. The contrast between evil and innocence more stark.

Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 03:35:06
March 25 2010 03:34 GMT
#751
As someone from two of those backgrounds in those various movies and with relatives involved, I disagree. I have no connection to Belorussians and this had a far greater impact.

Also, that's not irony.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
MyStiC_Chaos
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States499 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 06:37:23
March 25 2010 06:35 GMT
#752
These have probably been posted already, but just thought I'd give my two cents.


Up In The Air

[image loading]


George Clooney is great. He always seems to play very arrogant characters which is clever. Up In The Air had so many memorable moments/quotes. It's not your typical movie. I thought it was very funny and enjoyable though. Like I said, it was very cleverly thought out and the supporting actors/actresses fit perfectly.

9/10
+ Show Spoiler +
Too bad there's not really a happy ending. He just returns back to what he loves best, but no settling down. Would have liked to have seen that but I guess it's good to end without a happy ending sometimes.


Brooklyn's Finest

[image loading]


After seeing the Super Bowl commercial for it I was so pumped to go see it. I kept watching the trailer over and over and could not wait for it to come out. The verdict: it did not disappoint. Though, this is a type of movie where there will be mixed opinions. I personally liked it but I have never really watched any of the other cop movies (Training Day). The gang depiction could have been a little stronger and have more action. Basically one cop is old and tired and doesn't have anything in his life while one is desperate to support his family and the other is a straight-up badass undercover gangster-cop. I liked Don Cheadle's role the best, followed by Ethan Hawke. Richard Gere's role was kind of slow and boring but that really shows his emotions.

I really liked it though. If you want a LOT of action you won't really enjoy this movie as it's all about just drama and whatnot. Snipes was okay in it but it was nice to see him back

Yay for a sex scene?

8/10
+ Show Spoiler +
The ending was kind of weird. Ronny kills Tango, which really broke my heart. But I guess it all ties in since he chose to be undercover. It was weird how Sal could just barge in alone into the gang-infested complex and take all but one guy out. Where was that guy hiding anyways? And with Eddie, after seeing Sal and Tango die, I really thought he might die too. But then I knew that he would be the hero since he's the one that didn't even care at all about the work force but he shows that he does in the last scene. It was a good ending but could have been wayy better.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
March 27 2010 21:25 GMT
#753
[image loading]


Incredibly touching.... I really didn't think I'd have this sort of reaction to the movie. That is, err, openly sobbing more than once.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
stiga
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States377 Posts
March 27 2010 21:41 GMT
#754
hey im taking a girl to see the hot tub machine. is it funny at all
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
March 27 2010 23:38 GMT
#755
On March 19 2010 13:53 CaucasianAsian wrote:
[image loading]


Just finished watching it. It was a really good movie, a few scenes I'm sure they could have just gotten rid of, but they were a fun filler. Definately could have been shorter, but I didn't mind the length at all.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Only problem really was the huge portrayal of a naked woman. Nothing wrong with that, except that they really had to put the beauty of a naked woman on the top of the things that needs to be pushed.

It was a great watch, some-what of a chick-flick (only the ending made it that way really).

Trailer is in the spoiler.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siXe9XC723s


Woah, they made this into a full length movie? I remember watching the 12 minute short on fox search lights like 6 years ago.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
iClosed
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden13 Posts
March 28 2010 00:32 GMT
#756
Recently saw JCVD "Im to old for this shit" since some of my mateys said it was good but i didnt really find anything good about it :>, sure it was better than his earlier movies but that doesnt say much. I did see Shutter Island some days ago and it was pretty good. Not a fan of Leonardo but he did a great job in this film.
I highly recommend the SERIES "Pacific" for all of you WW2 fans out there. A really good series about the fight between the US and the japanese during ww2. Sure it aint a movie but i highly recommend it :>.
Im not mr Lebowski, im the dude!
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
March 28 2010 00:39 GMT
#757
[image loading]

:D So good
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
notsoeloquent
Profile Joined March 2010
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-28 01:34:50
March 28 2010 00:58 GMT
#758
On March 19 2010 13:53 CaucasianAsian wrote:
[image loading]


Just finished watching it. It was a really good movie, a few scenes I'm sure they could have just gotten rid of, but they were a fun filler. Definately could have been shorter, but I didn't mind the length at all.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Only problem really was the huge portrayal of a naked woman. Nothing wrong with that, except that they really had to put the beauty of a naked woman on the top of the things that needs to be pushed.

It was a great watch, some-what of a chick-flick (only the ending made it that way really).

Trailer is in the spoiler.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siXe9XC723s



i watched this a few months ago with a friend, i thought it didnt live up to the hype

we actually talked about it for a bit, seemed like they had a decent idea but failed to make it great on the screen. You expect it to be smart but it turns out very simple, chick-flick is not a bad word for that
all this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I've fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there's nothing I can say that's good enough
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
March 28 2010 00:59 GMT
#759
[image loading]


classic
notsoeloquent
Profile Joined March 2010
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-28 01:34:07
March 28 2010 01:28 GMT
#760
On March 25 2010 10:39 Jibba wrote:
[image loading]


I feel sick...

EDIT: Soviet WWII based anti-war movie. Quite possibly the most powerful anti-war movie ever made. Over the top with the individual Nazi portrayal, but the plot is based on actual events. The cinematography and acting are brilliant, and some scenes really are hauntingly beautiful. It is a Russian film but it's not Tarkovsky level crazy.


problem with soviet war movies is that they are very one-sided, same as the holocaust movies. To me The Thin Red Line or Apocalypse Now accomplish a lot more, i feel like they are infinitely better overall

you said you are sick after watching it, but you can even portray things of a lesser merit to the extent where you will start feeling ill. Most soviet movies are teary and dramatic, thats just the direction they kept at for many years

On March 25 2010 11:13 Enki wrote:
Show nested quote +
[image loading]

Apparently, it wasn't very accurate according to many people in the EOD field, but I loved it all the same.


i didnt hate the movie, i watched it twice( not that i wanted to) and it didnt bore me. Yes, its unrealistic, but i didnt feel like that was the intent. It had a similar feel to S.W.A.T., had its share of badassery and war drama

it is somewhat abrupt at the end with main character wandering around the grocery store and helping his wife in the kitchen not being able to figure out what is that he does with his life. To me you should either expand from that point and make it a lot deeper then it turned out to be or dont even go there at all, not the 5 minute scene right before the end. Since the movie concentrated on something else it felt out of place

as an action movie it was good, also fed the popular demand. It was doomed to sell
all this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I've fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there's nothing I can say that's good enough
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 475
Bale 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
League of Legends
Doublelift4862
Other Games
summit1g10555
JimRising 462
ViBE246
KnowMe190
Livibee187
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick728
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1508
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur554
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 48m
Patches Events
14h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 48m
OSC
22h 48m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.