• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:06
CEST 14:06
KST 21:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8844 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 109

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
May 02 2011 23:54 GMT
#2161
Ok so just to let everyone know today I recieved a letter from Comcast about downloading this show. I am already now watching this on Xfinity but i want to let everyone know that HBO is really cracking down on downloading this show. So be careful! They are watching
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
May 03 2011 00:19 GMT
#2162
On May 03 2011 08:54 lightrise wrote:
Ok so just to let everyone know today I recieved a letter from Comcast about downloading this show. I am already now watching this on Xfinity but i want to let everyone know that HBO is really cracking down on downloading this show. So be careful! They are watching


I'm kinda worried now, did you use peerguardian/peerblock?
zz_
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1022 Posts
May 03 2011 00:37 GMT
#2163
On May 03 2011 08:54 lightrise wrote:
Ok so just to let everyone know today I recieved a letter from Comcast about downloading this show. I am already now watching this on Xfinity but i want to let everyone know that HBO is really cracking down on downloading this show. So be careful! They are watching


I'll start paying for their show once they release internet TV for my country. <.<
In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
May 03 2011 00:39 GMT
#2164
On May 03 2011 09:37 zz_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 08:54 lightrise wrote:
Ok so just to let everyone know today I recieved a letter from Comcast about downloading this show. I am already now watching this on Xfinity but i want to let everyone know that HBO is really cracking down on downloading this show. So be careful! They are watching


I'll start paying for their show once they release internet TV for my country. <.<


yeah I'd love to pay for it if I could ....
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
May 03 2011 01:01 GMT
#2165
Does anyone else think that Barristan Selmy had the perfect 'Okay' face in this episode?
[image loading]
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
May 03 2011 01:18 GMT
#2166
On May 03 2011 08:54 lightrise wrote:
Ok so just to let everyone know today I recieved a letter from Comcast about downloading this show. I am already now watching this on Xfinity but i want to let everyone know that HBO is really cracking down on downloading this show. So be careful! They are watching

Use private trackers instead of public ones. You most likely just got caught in some automated scan that the MPAA or similar organizations do. They send out thousands of those letters every year.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 03 2011 02:51 GMT
#2167
I started watching this show, I haven't read the book[s] before.

My favorite characters by far are arya and tyrian, probably because they are the most likable.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
May 03 2011 03:06 GMT
#2168
i just noticed that aya's teacher looked like robert downy jr.

lmfao
Forever Young
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
May 03 2011 03:12 GMT
#2169
On May 03 2011 06:23 Tegin wrote:
I just watched the third episode since I wasn't able to last night. So it it just me or did the third episode just feel..boring? I swear it was almost awkward at times. If people disagree I'll give my reasons with detail but as far as I'm concerned, the book is much better thus far.

This is just my opinion and no I'm not bashing the show. I guess I just had higher expectations and we'll see how it goes next week.


It was a more... character development episode than the previous ones, so it was less action packed. It means they're setting up for something important, probably in one or two more chapters.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
May 03 2011 03:51 GMT
#2170
No I used a private torrent tracker and yes i use peerguardian. I used demonoid and i used a lower seeded torrent to boot. Im not a stupid torrenter where i download open source things. They are watching all of the torrents on this.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
PSdualwielder
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada77 Posts
May 03 2011 04:03 GMT
#2171
I hope they show flashbacks of the previous war as they teased at the end of the episode. That would be the best fan service for people who have read the books, despite newcomers would probably not care. I for one would love to see some battle scenes when robert and ned were in their prime. :D
bnet: POKE
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
May 03 2011 04:08 GMT
#2172
Probably not a great place to talk about it, but megaupload/fileserve type downloads acquired a few hours after the show has ended are less trackable than torrenting from big sites like demonoid/pirate bay, yes?
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 03 2011 04:10 GMT
#2173
Yes. I usually watch the episodes from sites like that or preferably megavideo.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
May 03 2011 04:13 GMT
#2174
Arya is such a good character, but I also like Sansa.. Where has Rob been since episode one, did he not come to king's landing with Ned? I thought the Stark that was in Winterfall was Theon, but I think I might be mistaken..
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
SergioCQH
Profile Joined October 2010
United States143 Posts
May 03 2011 04:15 GMT
#2175
Theon Greyjoy is definitely not a Stark.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
May 03 2011 04:17 GMT
#2176
On May 03 2011 13:15 SergioCQH wrote:
Theon Greyjoy is definitely not a Stark.


Wasn't he taken in as one though, for this part of the series anyways?
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 04:21:12
May 03 2011 04:18 GMT
#2177
On May 03 2011 03:44 nybbas wrote:
Of course the pacing is fast, what did you expect? People complaining about pacing need to get over themselves, we are not going to get a paragraph by paragraph reinterpretation of the book. The fact that Martin worked so closely with HBO to do this, should be enough to shut you up. I am fairly confident that every concession he had to make for the sake of adaptation, he did only out of necessity.

I read all the books in a month, (thank god I only read them last year and haven't been waiting 6 years for the newest one to come out) and I have no complaints so far, except that I feel cat's character looks too old/unattractive, but thats just being nit picky. The scene with cersei and that little bitch joffrey I thought was great. It shows how much of a fool joffrey is, and cerseis view of everyone else. The book is so rich with the ideas of the characters it shows, they have no other way of conveying these things without adding in scenes like this.

Like someone else said, I think too many people who have read the books are thinking about the characters and how they are in book four, rather than how they are in book 1. To predict how they are going to fail to portray the characters correctly 2 seasons from now, is just ridiculous.

*edit*

It does seem kinda dumb that they portray Joffrey as hating Sansa though. I have faith they will do everything great, and so far I have not been let down (except of course for not seeing enough of ghost )



Writers don't get any say in the adaptations lol. It's completely up to the producers/directors. They only brought GRRM in because they wanted to hear what he had to say. You're talking as if they had to actually consult the author and get his approval for anything. Truth is they didn't. GRRM loses all right to interference the day he sold the rights. That's what selling rights means.

And Joffrey did hate Sansa in the books after he got bit by the dog.
Dacendoran
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States825 Posts
May 03 2011 04:22 GMT
#2178
On May 03 2011 13:17 Endymion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 13:15 SergioCQH wrote:
Theon Greyjoy is definitely not a Stark.


Wasn't he taken in as one though, for this part of the series anyways?


He was taken in as a ward after his father was defeated in some war (you learn more about it in the second book), his people are very savage and brutal (the iron people) they took them under his roof in order to bring a sense of honor to the boy I think. I don't think these are very big spoilers I apologize if they are.
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
May 03 2011 04:24 GMT
#2179
On May 03 2011 13:17 Endymion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 13:15 SergioCQH wrote:
Theon Greyjoy is definitely not a Stark.


Wasn't he taken in as one though, for this part of the series anyways?


Theon Greyjoy is a hostage for his family's good behavior. He's not accorded the respect of a Stark at all. I'd say he's marginally above Jon Snow in terms of status, since he is a noble, but he's no friend of the Northmen.

I think the show is doing a good job. The entire series has been worth it just to watch Tyrion slap the shit out of Joffrey and watching Daenerys get doggied by Drogo.

All the characters I liked in the books are the same ones I like in the tv show. The only exception I would say is Viserys. He's nowhere near as psychotic as he was in the novel. And my favorite favorite line in the first novel, "DO YOU WANT TO WAKE THE DRAGON?" was totally understated in the show. It was a big disappointment for me. I was hoping he'd be apoplectic and be like a raving lunatic, shouting that in his sister's face with spittle flying everywhere. Instead, this classic line was barely muttered while Daenerys just stared at him vapidly with her tits out.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
May 03 2011 04:25 GMT
#2180
On May 03 2011 13:22 Dacendoran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 13:17 Endymion wrote:
On May 03 2011 13:15 SergioCQH wrote:
Theon Greyjoy is definitely not a Stark.


Wasn't he taken in as one though, for this part of the series anyways?


He was taken in as a ward after his father was defeated in some war (you learn more about it in the second book), his people are very savage and brutal (the iron people) they took them under his roof in order to bring a sense of honor to the boy I think. I don't think these are very big spoilers I apologize if they are.


Nah there aren't any spoilers and I've read the books anyways, I just didn't remember if people in Winerfall refered to Theon as "Stark" as a derogatory name (because he had to give up his true family to live in the north rather than the isles), but I'm starting to think it's just Rob. I'll try to find some pictures of the two to clear it up.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 101
CranKy Ducklings18
TKL 0
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM837
IndyStarCraft 153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 837
Lowko500
mouzHeroMarine 276
IndyStarCraft 153
Rex 28
MindelVK 24
TKL 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42442
Free 4911
Jaedong 1284
BeSt 575
Horang2 407
Soulkey 378
Soma 272
Zeus 241
Hyun 195
Last 135
[ Show more ]
sorry 125
Pusan 82
Mind 82
Yoon 50
Shinee 50
Sexy 45
soO 36
yabsab 21
ToSsGirL 18
Aegong 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
zelot 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5556
Dendi657
XaKoH 430
canceldota45
Counter-Strike
byalli714
Other Games
gofns26835
singsing2195
Coldzera 693
B2W.Neo513
Pyrionflax273
ToD133
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 13
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV428
League of Legends
• Jankos3439
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 54m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.