• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:00
CEST 16:00
KST 23:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9423 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 58

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 68 Next
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 12 2015 23:20 GMT
#1141
Throwback to a great freestyle.



Love Lowkey
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
March 18 2015 12:40 GMT
#1142
New Kendrick Lamar album released! Very different from GKMC.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
March 18 2015 16:29 GMT
#1143
What's your opinion on it? I haven't heard much opinion about it. From the singles I heard it sounded good, but you couldn't judge GKMC by singles that well.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 18:06:37
March 18 2015 18:06 GMT
#1144
Was decent but I liked Section.80 and GKMC more. I doubt I'll be replaying this much down the line other than tracks such as King Kunta and the like. Props to Kendrick for taking a different approach than GKMC 2.0 though.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
March 18 2015 19:14 GMT
#1145
sounded like a social commentary which i didn't really mind. no radio hit material so i can see how people may not like it at first.
i felt it had lots of preaching about what he feels is wrong but also no actual way to solve it.
so to me it just sounded like a bunch of whining about social oppression and a bunch of nebulous concepts that may or may not actually exist. lots of tumblrina sjw esque undertones as well.

outtro was real weird too
pops was on some real whack shit but i loved the closing spoken word about the metaphorical caterpillar and the butterfly
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Daimai
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden762 Posts
March 18 2015 20:22 GMT
#1146
Kendricks album was really good and I've already listened to it like ten times. Very nice production and everything is so coherent. The only complaint that I have about the album is that instead of using symbolism and subtlety to convey his message, he shoves it right in your face. There is no room for interpretation or anything like that.
To pray is to accept defeat.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-19 05:54:37
March 19 2015 05:52 GMT
#1147
I know i'm in the minority but I really really can't stand Kendrick Lamar's voice nor can I stand the weird beats on his new album. I really like The Recipe, and BDKMV, because they have smooth and catchy beats and I don't feel like his voice is too in your face.

I'm not saying I think he's weak lyrically, but I just find it grating on the ears to hear him yell into a mic so I can't really enjoy LISTENING to the lyrics. I.e. Blacker the Berry has a sick beat, but I can't focus on either the beat or the lyrics because of how off putting it sounds. Similarly, I would actually rather listen to Drake (who I generally can't stand) on Poetic Justice just because he flows so much better with the beat than KL.

Some rappers can really pull off the angry rapper voice (e.g. Eminem during his prime "The Way I Am") but I just can't get down to Kendrick Lamar. It's a shame because the new school mainstream alternatives are pretty shitty.

Ugh I wish Biggie, Tupac, Big L and co. weren't dead. 90s-early 2000s rap is just so much better on every level imo.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
March 19 2015 21:48 GMT
#1148
Just discovered Akua Naru. Amazing voice for chillout hip hop

RIP Meatloaf <3
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
March 19 2015 23:02 GMT
#1149
Akua sounds really nice. You're right, that is ideal chillout.

Recently heard this:

Checkmate

Ever since I first heard Dancing With the Moonlit Knight I always thought it would be a great base for a beat. This man did it, and with some dope lyrics.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-20 01:07:47
March 20 2015 01:02 GMT
#1150
On March 19 2015 01:29 WarSame wrote:
What's your opinion on it? I haven't heard much opinion about it. From the singles I heard it sounded good, but you couldn't judge GKMC by singles that well.

It's a weird album, and this kind of music demands more than a few listenings, so I'm withholding definitive judgment for now, but so far I like it(some parts remind me of Kid A).

In my opinion, the thing with stuff that tries to push the envelop is: you have to expand your horizons and make the weirdness normal before you decide if there's anything good there.
Beforrrr
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgium94 Posts
March 23 2015 10:07 GMT
#1151
How I am making hip-hop beats
Video
go pro
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
March 23 2015 10:58 GMT
#1152
Woohh, Earls new album and Action Bronsons album on the same day!
malady
Profile Joined November 2010
United States600 Posts
March 23 2015 21:01 GMT
#1153
teamsesh, gravityboys/sadboys alll day
dumchu
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
March 24 2015 08:58 GMT
#1154
Something from down under.

excitedBear
Profile Joined March 2015
Austria120 Posts
March 24 2015 10:41 GMT
#1155
What's your opinion on the Wu-Tang album from 2014?
HighPassage
Profile Joined June 2012
United States82 Posts
April 14 2015 18:04 GMT
#1156
new Oddisee singles, can't wait for the album:



http://www.last.fm/user/brotatorounds
A3th3r
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States319 Posts
April 15 2015 16:26 GMT
#1157
On March 19 2015 14:52 darthfoley wrote:
I know i'm in the minority but I really really can't stand Kendrick Lamar's voice nor can I stand the weird beats on his new album. I really like The Recipe, and BDKMV, because they have smooth and catchy beats and I don't feel like his voice is too in your face.

I'm not saying I think he's weak lyrically, but I just find it grating on the ears to hear him yell into a mic so I can't really enjoy LISTENING to the lyrics. I.e. Blacker the Berry has a sick beat, but I can't focus on either the beat or the lyrics because of how off putting it sounds. Similarly, I would actually rather listen to Drake (who I generally can't stand) on Poetic Justice just because he flows so much better with the beat than KL.

Some rappers can really pull off the angry rapper voice (e.g. Eminem during his prime "The Way I Am") but I just can't get down to Kendrick Lamar. It's a shame because the new school mainstream alternatives are pretty shitty.

Ugh I wish Biggie, Tupac, Big L and co. weren't dead. 90s-early 2000s rap is just so much better on every level imo.


Mah N****! (don't know if I can say the N-word on this forum or not)
stale trite schlub
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
April 15 2015 19:29 GMT
#1158
Hey guys I recently heard this on the radio, it took me like forever to find what song it was and who was performing, I ended up discovering a very underground french/US rap goup : Art District. It's one rapper, one human beat box, 2 brass, 1 keyboard, a bass and a drum and I think they're kinda good.

The title that caught me is Moz'Art District (usually mozart is poorely sampled, it's not the case here)

check their sound cloud, they deserve more fame that what they currently have imho : here
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
April 15 2015 19:36 GMT
#1159
On April 16 2015 04:29 Gwavajuice wrote:
Hey guys I recently heard this on the radio, it took me like forever to find what song it was and who was performing, I ended up discovering a very underground french/US rap goup : Art District. It's one rapper, one human beat box, 2 brass, 1 keyboard, a bass and a drum and I think they're kinda good.

The title that caught me is Moz'Art District (usually mozart is poorely sampled, it's not the case here)

check their sound cloud, they deserve more fame that what they currently have imho : here


Maybe someone explained and I missed it, but why do so many European rappers use a Jamaican accent?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
April 15 2015 19:43 GMT
#1160
I doubt you'd get in trouble, but it's kind of a bad idea to use it if you're white.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 717
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 40
Railgan 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52729
Shuttle 7698
FanTaSy 1780
BeSt 563
Horang2 500
EffOrt 232
Soma 150
Last 127
Sexy 116
Pusan 115
[ Show more ]
Zeus 106
Mind 92
ggaemo 85
Hyun 77
hero 73
Sea.KH 69
Aegong 54
Killer 53
Snow 42
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 29
PianO 28
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3524
qojqva2003
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe259
420jenkins143
Counter-Strike
fl0m3747
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor817
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt562
byalli404
Mlord393
Livibee219
Hui .180
ArmadaUGS101
Mew2King70
QueenE51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3574
Other Games
• WagamamaTV80
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h
BSL Open Qualifier
5h
Replay Cast
9h
Afreeca Starleague
20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.