• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:20
CEST 17:20
KST 00:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9191 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 57

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 68 Next
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-29 23:53:01
January 29 2015 23:52 GMT
#1121
On January 30 2015 08:03 A3th3r wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Cool! I come across new tunes I enjoy every once in a while and this seems like a good outlet to express that sort of thing.


My latest favorite find: a couple of AZN bros hammin' it up on the mic
Any fans of this in here?


Hard to tell if that's a parody, internalized racism, or just bad imitation? But now I'm going to have "China town a' hustlaaaa" stuck in my head for the rest of the day, so thanks for that haha.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
January 30 2015 01:07 GMT
#1122
big drops the past week - any thoughts on Tetsuo & Youth, B4DA$$, and Sorry4TheWait2 ?

OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
sunshinehero
Profile Joined April 2012
Norway89 Posts
January 30 2015 01:20 GMT
#1123
okay i havent got to listen to the b4da$$ yet but i definetely have to check it out. It appearently had better sales the first week than a shitload of albums that i love
( source ) i dont really judge quality by the number of sales obviously but this is just insane
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
January 30 2015 01:46 GMT
#1124
i cant believe whoopi named his album after akira that's actually pretty cool

a friend of mine says he listened to it but couldn't finish it, but other people say it's pretty decent so i guess i will waste ratio for it.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
January 30 2015 03:52 GMT
#1125
On January 30 2015 10:07 Juliette wrote:
big drops the past week - any thoughts on Tetsuo & Youth, B4DA$$, and Sorry4TheWait2 ?



I LOVE Tetsuo & Youth. I think it's Lupe's best album since The Cool by far, and it has some amazing tracks on it. I especially like Murals, Dots and Lines, and Prisoners I & II. I think Chopper is way too long, and I don't care much about too much about Blur My Hands, but overall, the album is solid. The songs work together very nicely, and they fit the mood of the seasons they're in.
darkness overpowering
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-30 04:16:55
January 30 2015 04:16 GMT
#1126
I haven't gotten around to T&Y yet. On the queue after I finish digesting Black Messiah and RTJ2.

I played through S4TW2 and its ok. Better than carter4 weezy, def not 07-09 weezy, and his voice is annoying. but he spits some fire.

B4DA$$ is good. Not mindblowing good. I don't know how much stock you guys put into album reviews on music websites but they articulate the feelings I get listening to it well. It's a more consistent version of his mixtapes. More diverse in flow/lyricism/beat selection, but consistent in quality. But its not, like, joey exploding everywhere. It's just as laid back and there's only a few places where he really breaks out like I was hoping. I hope he continues to evolve, even with his whole '90s throwback aesthetic, because a more aggressive joey is a scary, wonderful thing.

of course if you haven't listened to 1999/Summer Knights a lot, prepare yourself lol.
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
A3th3r
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States319 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-22 06:31:40
January 31 2015 01:16 GMT
#1127

Rozay dropping bombs.. I REALLY hope he goes & buys a 5% chunk of the Miami Dolphins, like he was talking about in a tune. That seems like the appropriate next step for a celebrity. I love to read about top40 musicians & their work, so I check up on what they do on WSHH, NahRight?, and MediaTakeout. It is sort of like 'Days of our Lives,' but with real people! Lol.
stale trite schlub
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
February 04 2015 19:22 GMT
#1128
https://soundcloud.com/iamkillakali/5-tons-of-tony-ft-killer-ben

Wow, beat so chill, flow so smooth. Really underrated
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7643 Posts
February 04 2015 19:29 GMT
#1129
This thread is awesome! Thank you for all the good sugjestions guys!

Check our my friend Rasar. We grew up together and as of right now, he is the only rapper I know of who has done a Ted talk (it was a tedX event in my hometown sacramento).

WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
February 13 2015 04:27 GMT
#1130
Heyo, I just found this song by someone who does not normally do hiphop at all, but I thought it was pretty good. It's got a bare piano and body clap beat.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 22 2015 18:52 GMT
#1131
On January 01 2015 13:20 Jockmcplop wrote:


ok poster below sorry

This probably doesn't class as hip hop, but its deifnitely rap. The lyrical content and the urgency in the music and delivery really have an emotional 'punch' to them imho, a similar feeling to some of eminem's darker stuff, without the humour.

Hard to listen without feeling something.

CLPPNG is soooo fucking good, love this album. Its still hip hop btw, no reason to differentiate it.

plus those time signature changes are crazy, never really been done in a rap song before.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 22 2015 19:21 GMT
#1132
Mobb Deep is so fucking underrated. Every time I think i've found all their good songs, I find another one I haven't listened to in forever. Doesn't hurt that Nas is on the track either.

+ Show Spoiler +


The more I listen to rap, the more I think The Infamous is the best rap album of all time.

Start of your ending
Survival of the Fittest
Eye for an Eye
Give up the Goods
Up North Trip
Right back at you
Cradle to the Grave
SHOOK ONES II
Party Over

I also think Shook Ones II is the most iconic rap song ever, so i guess you can say i'm biased.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
February 26 2015 22:37 GMT
#1133
Here's a fantastic remix I stumbled across:

+ Show Spoiler +


"Sippin' on booze / in the house of blues."
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
February 26 2015 23:34 GMT
#1134
I really like Mandela by Cyhi the Prince

+ Show Spoiler +

Such a pumped up song.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
ZergX
Profile Joined October 2010
France436 Posts
March 01 2015 12:47 GMT
#1135
On February 27 2015 07:37 jeeeeohn wrote:
Here's a fantastic remix I stumbled across:

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w_sydmAW0c


"Sippin' on booze / in the house of blues."


Thanks a lot man! I really loved this one you found! < 3
Nestea fightingg ! DRG fightingggg !! Sen fightinggg ! July fighting ! SoO fighting !
A3th3r
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States319 Posts
March 04 2015 00:41 GMT
#1136
I'm glad that this thread is back to 'normal'.. this is some stuff I am a real big stan of that just came out today.
http://nahright.com/news/2015/03/03/g-unit-the-beast-is-g-unit-ep/#more-457739
stale trite schlub
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-05 21:24:50
March 05 2015 21:16 GMT
#1137
Hi guys i thought i'd share my favorites here. just add this playlist:

I've put a lot of time in making a fine selection from about my 500 favorites these are productions that rarely bore/annoy me

Good bangers selected on beats, flows and originality, chill tracks and gangster shit too
Late 90's to early 2000's. known hardcore but indie hiphop too.
Here's a preview song of the playlist;


Here is the playlist if you want more cool shit
Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsG3JPa5cSw9pyH9-oXxu5j-ONyrYrbzf
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-05 21:18:32
March 05 2015 21:17 GMT
#1138
*sorry doublepost clumsyness*
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
March 05 2015 21:33 GMT
#1139



mmmmmmmm
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
A3th3r
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States319 Posts
March 06 2015 17:38 GMT
#1140
On January 30 2015 10:07 Juliette wrote:
big drops the past week - any thoughts on Tetsuo & Youth, B4DA$$, and Sorry4TheWait2 ?



aww this thread still exists! I try to check out popular media on a daily basis..ya get bored with what's on the radio & you lose interest in the old stuff. I have checked out Sorry4TheWait2 on the internet in my web surfing expeditions and i'm not impressed. I think Weezy's best days are behind him & he is not better than he was last year. Apparently he does put out work every once in a while but it seems like he should be spending more time developing younger artists these days.. He's not in his twenties anymore!
stale trite schlub
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem195
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 195
Railgan 88
IndyStarCraft 73
trigger 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53488
Shuttle 7712
BeSt 785
Horang2 492
actioN 263
Larva 209
Sexy 200
ggaemo 155
Soma 148
Last 115
[ Show more ]
Mind 102
Zeus 78
Sea.KH 58
hero 57
Hyun 55
Aegong 49
Killer 47
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 26
PianO 23
Rock 16
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4862
qojqva2774
Dendi1458
420jenkins457
Fuzer 120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3468
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1228
Liquid`Hasu762
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing1004
B2W.Neo880
Beastyqt637
Mlord462
byalli386
Livibee245
ArmadaUGS200
Hui .192
KnowMe107
QueenE86
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 31
Chillindude23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream56
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 56
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2917
League of Legends
• Nemesis2843
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 40m
Replay Cast
7h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.