• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7425 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 55

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 68 Next
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
August 21 2014 20:10 GMT
#1081
chief keef was good on yeezus

OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
August 22 2014 20:53 GMT
#1082
Yeezus is the whackest album ever released, and should be slam-dunked into the garbage dumpster behind the apartment buildings.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
August 25 2014 02:49 GMT
#1083
Yeezus isn't bad, but for a Kanye album it's actually one of his worse ones. I'd only really place it ahead of 808s & Heartbreak, and what I've heard from Watch the Throne(which is not very much).

Anyway, I'm looking for some good instrumental hiphop, particularly something to rap over. So hopefully it would be more like Metal Fingers and less like RJD2. So far I've listened to those 2, Nujabes, 9th Wonder, Emancipator, Digable Planets and Madlib, with some others I've forgotten. Anything in addition to these would be awesome.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-27 03:38:32
August 27 2014 03:35 GMT
#1084
On August 25 2014 11:49 WarSame wrote:
Yeezus isn't bad, but for a Kanye album it's actually one of his worse ones. I'd only really place it ahead of 808s & Heartbreak, and what I've heard from Watch the Throne(which is not very much).

Anyway, I'm looking for some good instrumental hiphop, particularly something to rap over. So hopefully it would be more like Metal Fingers and less like RJD2. So far I've listened to those 2, Nujabes, 9th Wonder, Emancipator, Digable Planets and Madlib, with some others I've forgotten. Anything in addition to these would be awesome.



I'd love to rap over the following. One of the most transcendent beats ever made. It communicates very subtle shades of emotion.


+ Show Spoiler +


On August 22 2014 01:48 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2014 07:48 jeeeeohn wrote:
Just discovered this remix and I can't stop listening to it. Dat piano yo.

+ Show Spoiler +


Here's a cool Nas remix that I found awhile back, by searching "Nas remix" (imagine that) [pun intended!?] because some of the beats he uses are just ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So, someone mixed Made You Look with Battle Without Honor or Humanity.

+ Show Spoiler +


Edit: Very nice find, didn't notice this post until tonight.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
August 27 2014 04:58 GMT
#1085
jeeohn I appreciate it but I'm not sure if that's a beat that I'd like to rap over. It's good, but not something for me.

One of the options I'm thinking of is producing basic beats for myself to use. The main problem with that is that I don't have enough experience with producing to make anything worthwhile. At least it would be a fun exercise.

On a side note I've been watching almost all of Eyedea's freestyle battles(especially Blaze) and the man is insane. I like how he has certain half-lines that he always uses but slightly modifies for the battle("I straight...", "Step to me and...") effectively. They allow him to keep flowing while he can keep thinking of his next lines. Combine that with his quick thinking and creativity("this cat wants to be my fucking backup dancer") and he's unstoppable. Watching him vs. anyone except Murs was pretty scary.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 01 2014 02:34 GMT
#1086
Jeeohn, after listening to the beat a few more times it's really grown on me. That's a nice beat.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
MainXpring
Profile Joined January 2011
33 Posts
September 03 2014 01:26 GMT
#1087
Check out my debut song https://soundcloud.com/soloteq/sweet-vendetta-re-up

Hope you like it!
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
September 03 2014 02:09 GMT
#1088
On September 03 2014 10:26 MainXpring wrote:
Check out my debut song https://soundcloud.com/soloteq/sweet-vendetta-re-up

Hope you like it!

Overall it sounded pretty good. There were a few problems I had with it: the piano thrown in at 0:40 or so sounded wayyy out of line compared to the rest of the song, and probably should be replaced by another instrument if you still want that part in. You can use piano in a surprising amount of hiphop, but it just does not work here in my opinion.

Also, the outro was too long and didn't have enough going on to be good for instrumental hiphop, but from the tags you have there it seems like you mean for this to be rapped over, which would work.

Take all of this with a boulder of salt, because I have no formal music education at all, and don't produce almost any hiphop(or any music). It is just my honest first opinion.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-04 05:50:17
September 03 2014 17:28 GMT
#1089


Awesome
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
September 03 2014 17:50 GMT
#1090
How To Dress Well put out an album in June and I only recently found it and my goodness (its not really rap, its more PBRNB ala weeknd/party/miguel but STILL)
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
September 03 2014 21:59 GMT
#1091
On September 01 2014 11:34 WarSame wrote:
Jeeohn, after listening to the beat a few more times it's really grown on me. That's a nice beat.


Glad to hear it! I can understand if it's not your thing though. For me, it has a lot of elements I like in a beat (piano, sax, etc.).
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 04 2014 01:46 GMT
#1092
Flying Lotus' recent stuff has been quite good IMO.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 04 2014 06:55 GMT
#1093
hope so cuz I really liked cosmogramma and really didn't like until the quite comes
andilaama
Profile Joined December 2012
Finland192 Posts
September 05 2014 14:37 GMT
#1094
That new Flying Lotus track is pretty sweet and I should probably listen to more of his stuff.
Heartland is an "Expert" "Expert".
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-13 03:02:17
September 13 2014 03:01 GMT
#1095
Been playing this mashup a lot:
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
October 03 2014 23:59 GMT
#1096
Just seen Atmosphere live in Manchester. They were really fucking good
Thought i'd leave this here for you guys. Great lyrics.



RIP Meatloaf <3
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
November 06 2014 22:59 GMT
#1097
k if you havent been following tpain did this



and now he did this

http://www.thefader.com/2014/11/06/t-pain-premieres-epic-first-song-from-upcoming-album-stoicville

goddamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
November 06 2014 23:21 GMT
#1098
Dammm, that NPR vid is sick. I like the song too but the vid better.

I recently found this by cunninlynguists btw + Show Spoiler +
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 07 2014 00:16 GMT
#1099
On November 07 2014 08:21 MassHysteria wrote:
Dammm, that NPR vid is sick. I like the song too but the vid better.

I recently found this by cunninlynguists btw + Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff5HY06FfJ0

Aha I think someone posted that 30 or 40 pages ago, but it's really good! One of my favourite acoustic hiphop covers I've heard. The T-Pain concert was great - I've actually heard him sing better in other places, but even in this he's still awesome. It kinda makes me wonder why he decided to stick with the autotune. It'll be interesting to see where he goes now that he's not using it any more.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
November 11 2014 00:53 GMT
#1100
http://shadyrecords.com/2014/11/10/watch-shadyxv-the-cxvpher/

ok ill stop posting from hhh now but this is supahotfire
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 140
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 333
Bale 15
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
League of Legends
Doublelift6476
JimRising 758
Counter-Strike
minikerr28
Other Games
summit1g10616
C9.Mang0328
PiLiPiLi13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1061
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.