• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9342 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 53

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 68 Next
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
January 31 2014 19:22 GMT
#1041
WILLLL YOUUU MARRRRY ME!?!

SPLAT LOOKING BOY!
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
January 31 2014 19:32 GMT
#1042
On February 01 2014 02:19 ZapRoffo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 16:14 DystopiaX wrote:
Rap God leaves a good first impression but I've cooled off on it after awhile. For sure Eminem's impressive but I didn't like the beat/production at all and actually listening to a few of those lines...they're corny as hell. Not to mention the verse where Eminem rhymes boy with... boy like 12 times is terrible. Like Jay-Z on Pound Cake.


He's not trying to rhyme and failing, repetition is a different sometimes really effective verbal tool. Like in these (a couple of Lil Wayne's very best songs from when he was showing killer skills) using repetition where you would expect rhyming, but using rhyming or assonance in the middle of the lines instead is a really good twist--see 0:50 and 1:30 of Fly In, or especially 1:00 mark of Fly Out he extends it for a while and it's awesome.
+ Show Spoiler +





Though it should be noted that on Pound Cake hov basically did fail at rhyming, that shit was horrible. I read a theory somewhere that that verse was just some demo thing he did to catch the feel of the beat, and wasn't intended to go out at all.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
February 01 2014 07:38 GMT
#1043
man reasonable doubt is such a good album

hov's pound cake verse(s) wasnt really all that bad though. very laid back and there were some clever moments. but that drake verse mmmmmm

i wish paris morton music wasnt on the track
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
February 01 2014 11:00 GMT
#1044
i thought both of them fucked up that beautiful beat. considering there's tons of versions of other rappers spitting over it, i guesss a lot of people agree

i rapped over it too and i almost never grab industry beats but that shit is amazing.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-03 12:01:06
February 03 2014 03:44 GMT
#1045
I dunno if i've ever been more conflicted on a album as BTI, but I think Bino did a great job on Pound Cake:

+ Show Spoiler +


didn't try to super rip up the mic, but rode the beat and the tone matched perfectly, good shit imo
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-03 23:03:49
February 03 2014 23:02 GMT
#1046
Young Buck reinventing himself after jail time:



Probably not the most popular or even best rapper out there, but I always liked the fact that he manages to convey emotion through intonation much better than pretty much any other rapper I can think of.

Examples:
+ Show Spoiler +
Frustration/anger:


Something like desperation:


He used to be one of my favorite rappers so I'm glad to see hes on track to (if the quality continues) potentially make his best album yet. Always felt that if he had had better producers he could have been great. I'm curious to hear what you guys think!
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
February 26 2014 16:28 GMT
#1047
Don't know if you peeps on here will like this but I found this to be a good read.
http://grantland.com/features/rap-and-the-influence-of-other-genres/
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
March 01 2014 06:54 GMT
#1048
Ye we need another Yeezus

Everyday Girl's Day~!
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
March 01 2014 08:08 GMT
#1049
im really really really hyped for Mastermind

OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
March 12 2014 04:14 GMT
#1050
My long nerdy posts on r/hiphopheads are some GOAT level stuff
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
March 12 2014 04:35 GMT
#1051
but really

also i was right about mastermind GODDAMN

sanctified isnt even the best song.

its actually such a mature rick ross album. i wanna write about it a little more when i have time but its great. its not as crazy grandiose as some of the older stuff but its mature in the way he brags, with enough retrospective/serious songs to fill up the need for his Ye/Pusha features.

some people might not like the stylistic "biting" but i thought rozay's biggie flow in Nobody was really good
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
March 15 2014 03:05 GMT
#1052
On March 12 2014 13:14 MCDayC wrote:
My long nerdy posts on r/hiphopheads are some GOAT level stuff


I agree
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
March 23 2014 23:12 GMT
#1053
https://soundcloud.com/cracktracks504/we-made-it-jay-z-x-jay
alright boys

act2's gonna drop this year
right along with detox
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
May 01 2014 05:13 GMT
#1054
http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/questlove-on-money-jay-z-how-hip-hop-failed-black-america-part-2.html

Remember when there was that giant discussion about Kanye's New Slave? I think Questlove does a brilliant job explaining the current state of hiphop, and why I was criticizing Kanye's song.
liftlift > tsm
GrapeApe
Profile Joined March 2011
1053 Posts
May 01 2014 06:18 GMT
#1055
Any Army of the Pharaoh fans in this thread? I just listened to 'In Death Reborn' and I'm really, really liking it. I don't want to make any sort of snap judgement, so I will listen to it when I'm more awake, but I'm only hearing sick lyrics and awesome beats like usual.
GOIMBA.com <--- eSports betting :)
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-09 22:02:45
May 09 2014 19:28 GMT
#1056
In honor of the LA kings and bringing this back a little bit.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
May 09 2014 21:04 GMT
#1057
Pete Rock & CL Smooth #1
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
May 09 2014 21:09 GMT
#1058
On May 01 2014 15:18 GrapeApe wrote:
Any Army of the Pharaoh fans in this thread? I just listened to 'In Death Reborn' and I'm really, really liking it. I don't want to make any sort of snap judgement, so I will listen to it when I'm more awake, but I'm only hearing sick lyrics and awesome beats like usual.


I liked "Spaz Out" and "Dump the Clip" by them but some of their other rhythm sounds very similar with each other.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
June 15 2014 22:48 GMT
#1059
Just discovered this remix and I can't stop listening to it. Dat piano yo.

+ Show Spoiler +
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-20 00:51:48
June 20 2014 00:50 GMT
#1060
I never cared enough about Ilmatic to pick up the XX edition, good to see its getting people to go back to it though.

In the past few months I've basically dived into the experimental/weirdo/backpacker side of rap, its been a strange experience. A whole lot of Aesop Rock, Clipping, El-P, some Ratking and Death Grips. Shit is great, and I can feel myself becoming more pretentious, not so sure if its a good thing :p
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 185
ProTech137
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 217
Dewaltoss 112
Bale 35
ZergMaN 23
Noble 14
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g11132
Sick189
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Rush1221
• Lourlo1174
• Stunt205
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 55m
Replay Cast
16h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.