• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:31
CEST 07:31
KST 14:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7430 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 59

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 68 Next
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
April 15 2015 19:48 GMT
#1161
On April 16 2015 04:43 WarSame wrote:
I doubt you'd get in trouble, but it's kind of a bad idea to use it if you're white.


Which would likely be the assumption (or Asian), as about 99% of TL isn't black.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-15 22:52:42
April 15 2015 22:51 GMT
#1162
referring to the word as "the N word" or n**** is the same thing as just saying it though. if anything it's worse, you're giving it a connotation of being "forbidden" and giving people more avenue to appropriate it. which is ironic because it's already a black appropriation of a white word meant for dehumanization, and in dehumanizing it with censorship it's essentially the same thing.

also drake has some really smooth stuff dunno why you cant stand it :p
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
April 16 2015 02:26 GMT
#1163
Well White people, and less strictly Asians can't really say it because of the history the slur has. Black people, and to a lesser extent Latinos, can use the word because it's supposed to be offensive to Black people, and Latinos have been kinda lumped into their culture in America recently.

As for actually using the N word, there's nothing wrong with the word itself, but people will automatically assume you are using it to be racist.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
rOse_PedaL
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Korea (South)450 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-16 06:34:19
April 16 2015 05:51 GMT
#1164
Thoughts on Tyler's new album Cherry Bomb?
Personally, there were alot of great tracks (namely, Fucking Young, OkagaCA, Blow My Load and Smucker_
But I am going to be honest, some tracks were utter shit and were just shit.
Respect to Tyler for trying new stuff but even the good tracks had too much of a Wolf/Bastard/Goblin vibe.

It's a bit more than meh for me comparing to this year's releases in the rap industry (TPAB, FHD2014, Tetsuo&Youth)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MKP HWAITING ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
April 17 2015 16:28 GMT
#1165
I really liked Deathcamp with that guitar. I think Tyler is dope live, which is why Im so excited to see him in may, but its just completely different from more serious rappers like Kendrick or Ghostface
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 04 2015 01:53 GMT
#1166
Question--since my hip hop listening and following has dropped off in the past few years, but I can't handle dipping into a ton of stuff or big lists at once: Who is the single most relevant, essential and good artist/group nowadays, other than Kendrick Lamar (Since I know he's the obvious answer and I've followed him closely making all time classic stuff, and I just played King Kunta like 20 times today.)?

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
May 04 2015 03:08 GMT
#1167
Childish Gambino probably. There's a couple big hood rappers now, but I don't really listen to that, so I can't say.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
May 07 2015 16:15 GMT
#1168
Some real shit:

+ Show Spoiler +


Overall Awon, Dephlow, and Phoniks are all gold.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
May 08 2015 22:20 GMT
#1169
PHONIKS IS FIRE

+ Show Spoiler +
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 05:46:12
June 18 2015 00:43 GMT
#1170
New song by Chali 2na: Show Me
+ Show Spoiler +

Really digging it.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
June 18 2015 02:26 GMT
#1171
On June 18 2015 09:43 Falling wrote:
New song by Chali 2na: Show Me
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=85&v=aBepjLaH5SQ

Really digging it.


Dope shit. One of my favorites I've seen here.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 02:52:21
June 18 2015 02:51 GMT
#1172
Chali 2na is always good.

EDIT: Also, you timestamped it to a minute or 2 in for some reason.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
June 18 2015 05:47 GMT
#1173
Fixed it. That's really weird. I just copy pasted it and didn't intentionally time stamp it. Maybe it's because I was halfway through when I thought I'd share it and did my copy paste and it kept the mark I was at.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-27 15:33:17
July 27 2015 15:31 GMT
#1174
I didn't really start listening to music a lot until a couple years ago, and realized hip hop/rap was my favorite by far. So since 2012 I been going backwards to try and catch up with what I have missed.

Recently I have been listening to J Cole's The Warm Up and wow. It's just really fucking fantastic. The Come Up is great too, but it's very obviously an early work of his. Would love to hear a remastered version of it. I would even buy it.

On another note, I am looking forward to going back and hitting up some classics I have missed out on. Was going to do Andre 3k or Jay Z disco next.

ps Anyone been following the Drake/Meek diss shit? Pretty hilarious. I am glad Drake didn't say anything and just dropped a diss track. Was smart of him to let Meek go off and be silly as fuck and then just drop a track. Could definitely use more diss tracks in this industry instead of twitter beefs.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Kenpark
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany2350 Posts
August 07 2015 21:15 GMT
#1175


The Hip-Hop classic that never was.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
September 10 2015 00:25 GMT
#1176
On January 30 2015 10:07 Juliette wrote:
big drops the past week - any thoughts on Tetsuo & Youth, B4DA$$, and Sorry4TheWait2 ?



Tetsuo & Youth is growing and growing on me, it's in The Cool and Food & Liquor level (aka brilliant). It deserves so much wider acclaim.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
September 10 2015 01:21 GMT
#1177
On September 10 2015 09:25 ZapRoffo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2015 10:07 Juliette wrote:
big drops the past week - any thoughts on Tetsuo & Youth, B4DA$$, and Sorry4TheWait2 ?



Tetsuo & Youth is growing and growing on me, it's in The Cool and Food & Liquor level (aka brilliant). It deserves so much wider acclaim.


Tetsuo & Youth is very good. I definitely need more listens on it. Murals is mesmerizing.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
September 10 2015 03:36 GMT
#1178
Anyone got any skill at freestyling here? I have a friend from Denmark who I freestyle with on skype and we are looking for more people who got a bit of game.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
September 10 2015 04:25 GMT
#1179
On September 10 2015 12:36 puppykiller wrote:
Anyone got any skill at freestyling here? I have a friend from Denmark who I freestyle with on skype and we are looking for more people who got a bit of game.


I wish. I write a lot, but am total shit at rapping. I record myself and then delete it immediately because it's awful. It's fun though! I wouldn't mind listening, but my mic is broken right now.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
September 10 2015 05:17 GMT
#1180
yo ive been all about Young Thug recently. I was kinda irked about all the birdman - wayne drama but actually it's some good stuff
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 218
ProTech137
Nina 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20580
Dewaltoss 142
Bale 49
ZergMaN 26
Mong 21
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 742
Other Games
summit1g11444
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Lourlo1165
• Rush1032
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 29m
Replay Cast
17h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.