• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8417 users

Classical Music - Page 3

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
February 28 2010 07:33 GMT
#41
I've been enjoying this lady's music quite a bit:



Very obscure and intense. Otherwise I'm a lot into Gyorgy Ligeti and Alexander Scriabin these days.
JadeFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1225 Posts
February 28 2010 07:46 GMT
#42
On February 28 2010 09:31 HyruleanTubist wrote:
I'm a tuba player, I've actually got my senior recital coming up at Peabody Conservatory.

A TLER AT PEABODY?

Fucking awesome!! I'm a freshman at peabody, I play trumpet. My roommate is also a lurker at TL and we play starcraft and pwn. We have to play some time!

Also, good luck on the recital, I'll probably be able to attend it.

TL MANPOWER!
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 08:20:50
February 28 2010 07:56 GMT
#43
You know what this thread needs? Some motherfucking Rimsky-Korsakov.





Oh, and I think the reason why the Trumpet arrangement of Libertango sounds poor is because Trumpets have a little trouble handling chromatic melodies. Also, some more Piazzolla, by Kremer - I really love his arrangements, though he's technically not classical.

once, not long ago, there was a moon here
defenestrate
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States579 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 08:10:39
February 28 2010 08:10 GMT
#44
Ooh, so many great ones in the thread already - Death and the Maiden, Fischer-Dieskau's Erlkonig, Shosty 10-2 =)

Bach - BWV 1052, first movement
+ Show Spoiler +


Beethoven - String Quartet in F minor, third movement (link is orchestral arrangement)
+ Show Spoiler +


Beethoven - Piano Concerto #3, first movement
+ Show Spoiler +


Beethoven - Violin Concerto, first movement - the one major key piece I love to death
+ Show Spoiler +


Dvorak - Cello Concerto
+ Show Spoiler +


Grieg - Piano Concerto
+ Show Spoiler +


Sibelius - Violin Concerto (esp third movement)
+ Show Spoiler +

We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges.
Dave[9]
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2365 Posts
February 28 2010 08:12 GMT
#45
On February 28 2010 13:03 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 12:26 Dave[9] wrote:
I can't believe no one has posted Horowitz's best video on youtube...probably the best interpretation of Chopin's Ballade in G-Minor..
+ Show Spoiler +




Also, the Liszt piece that I've had stuck in my head for a long LONG time..his transcription of Schubert's Ave Maria, it is SUPER difficult.
+ Show Spoiler +




Also, some Bach-Busoni:
+ Show Spoiler +





If there's one thing you don't do, don't claim that so-and-so the best interpretation for Chopin ever because there isn't. Period.
+ Show Spoiler +

Here are some my top Op. 23's (in no particular order) (well the ones that are on YouTube). You may or may not disagree with them.
Horowitz (1982)
+ Show Spoiler +



Richter (Prague 1960)
+ Show Spoiler +



Hofmann (1938)
+ Show Spoiler +



Francois
+ Show Spoiler +



Moravec (2009, live)
+ Show Spoiler +



Cortot (1933)
+ Show Spoiler +




+ Show Spoiler +
Ditto above but with Bach-Busoni Chaconne.
Michelangeli (1949)
+ Show Spoiler +




Cherkassky
+ Show Spoiler +




Bolet
+ Show Spoiler +




de Larrocha
+ Show Spoiler +






Well, I'm sorry I've got an opinion...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154&currentpage=316#6317
Alak
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden380 Posts
February 28 2010 08:18 GMT
#46
Great thread!

Choral music, especially old choral music, is what I enjoy the most. For instance:









There's way too much to list here, but these are among my favorites.
Amateurish. Nearsighted. A waste of my time and everyone else's.
EndlessRain
Profile Joined July 2009
140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 08:28:41
February 28 2010 08:27 GMT
#47
Damn reading this thread makes me wish I practiced my piano more. Even though I wasn't close to being talented, I played a lot.
In the past, my favourite songs to play were :

Chopin nocturne opus 9 no 2
+ Show Spoiler +


Mozart rondo alla turca
+ Show Spoiler +


Beethoven moonlight sonata 1st movement
+ Show Spoiler +


Beethoven pathetique sonata 2nd movement
+ Show Spoiler +


But then I stopped playing for about 3 yrs while I was in college, and since then my skills have absolutely plummeted. My dynamics are sloppy, trills messy, and finger dexterity just not what it used to be.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to work up to songs likes Beethoven moonlight sonata 3rd anymore =(

Since I suck now, i've been playing some easier songs. This song is awesome

+ Show Spoiler +
iheartkorea
Vestige
Profile Joined November 2009
United States303 Posts
February 28 2010 14:15 GMT
#48
On February 28 2010 14:54 druj wrote:


Dvorak new world symphony best part:
+ Show Spoiler +






haha this is what i listen to on my way to any audition. ill have the entire symphony playing on repeat :D
"You'd wish it were hell"
Vestige
Profile Joined November 2009
United States303 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 14:30:03
February 28 2010 14:28 GMT
#49
On February 28 2010 16:46 JadeFist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 09:31 HyruleanTubist wrote:
I'm a tuba player, I've actually got my senior recital coming up at Peabody Conservatory.

A TLER AT PEABODY?

Fucking awesome!! I'm a freshman at peabody, I play trumpet. My roommate is also a lurker at TL and we play starcraft and pwn. We have to play some time!

Also, good luck on the recital, I'll probably be able to attend it.

TL MANPOWER!


woo good to see there are other brass players on tl. so far most everyone is on piano lol

(sorry for double post)
"You'd wish it were hell"
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
February 28 2010 14:34 GMT
#50
Sibelius Symphonies... like n°7



Or Bruckner Symphonies do it also, here is a movement I love



Or Mahler one's. Here is a peak in world history awesomeness

The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
February 28 2010 14:46 GMT
#51




CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 28 2010 14:52 GMT
#52
What I don't like about these threads is that very few people are actually listening to other people's suggested music. Everyone just wants to post their own, and post a LOT of links. I did watch a bunch of them, but I can't possibly spend 1 hour watching all the links that ONE overenthusiastic person posted.

So yeah, my turn. This is actually not classical music, but this guy is one of the best piano players I have ever seen. He broke the record for the longest uninterrupted piano concert in May 2009 but it may have been re-broken since then. Anyway, without further ado, I bring to you:


...sadly though, I think that this post will get overlooked in the flood of yt videos.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
February 28 2010 15:12 GMT
#53
My favorite composers are Liszt, Schumann, Wagner and Dvorak.
I'm gonna go ahead and post my all time favorite classical piece, hope you enjoy

fredd
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Estonia256 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 16:29:47
February 28 2010 16:25 GMT
#54
My favourite pieces:
+ Show Spoiler +




















i enjoy my rachmaninoff, chopin, elgar, liszt, prokofiev and shostakovich
sup
Rigel of Cyrosea
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada66 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 16:34:23
February 28 2010 16:33 GMT
#55
I'm a big fan of Bach and Organ music, personally. I know it's a bit cliche, but this is my favorite Bach piece. I can play the Toccata, but the fugue is a bit beyond me- I really only play as a hobby.



Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
February 28 2010 17:06 GMT
#56
On February 28 2010 16:46 JadeFist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 09:31 HyruleanTubist wrote:
I'm a tuba player, I've actually got my senior recital coming up at Peabody Conservatory.

A TLER AT PEABODY?

Fucking awesome!! I'm a freshman at peabody, I play trumpet. My roommate is also a lurker at TL and we play starcraft and pwn. We have to play some time!

Also, good luck on the recital, I'll probably be able to attend it.

TL MANPOWER!


hey, i'm wearing a peabody t-shirt RIGHT NOW!
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
HyruleanTubist
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States189 Posts
February 28 2010 20:50 GMT
#57
On March 01 2010 02:06 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 16:46 JadeFist wrote:
On February 28 2010 09:31 HyruleanTubist wrote:
I'm a tuba player, I've actually got my senior recital coming up at Peabody Conservatory.

A TLER AT PEABODY?

Fucking awesome!! I'm a freshman at peabody, I play trumpet. My roommate is also a lurker at TL and we play starcraft and pwn. We have to play some time!

Also, good luck on the recital, I'll probably be able to attend it.

TL MANPOWER!


hey, i'm wearing a peabody t-shirt RIGHT NOW!


Sounds like we need to have a Peabody TL Lan. Me and my roommate both play, we definitely should play sometime. Perhaps after my recital, though, lol.
TheMusiC
Profile Joined January 2004
United States1054 Posts
February 28 2010 21:22 GMT
#58
i got into the peabody/jhu double degree program but i didn't go, do i still count?!

also, OBLIGATORY LAST MOVEMENT OF BEETHOVEN 9 GREATEST PIECE EVER WRITTEN

and can we get some mahler 5/6 up in here
peidongyang
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada2084 Posts
February 28 2010 21:32 GMT
#59
Ok, time to put up the original cheesy epicness of Berlioz:
+ Show Spoiler +


the throws never bothered me anyway
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 21:36:45
February 28 2010 21:36 GMT
#60
Good thread
I am a pretty serious pianist so I know my stuff relatively well.
I would like to post arguably the best recording of any piano piece in the entire recorded history.

And I don't even like Horowitz that much, aside from this recording.
Remarkable playing.
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 253
ProTech127
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 185
Dewaltoss 132
Bale 35
sSak 32
ZergMaN 21
NotJumperer 11
Noble 11
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 652
Other Games
summit1g10849
Sick200
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick793
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1237
• Lourlo1110
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 24m
Replay Cast
16h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.