• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:17
CEST 02:17
KST 09:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8070 users

Classical Music - Page 2

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
February 28 2010 02:17 GMT
#21
On February 28 2010 10:51 Wala.Revolution wrote:
Can we keep the videos in spoilers?

All the youtube videos make the thread seem... clustered(?)


I agree with Wala

Brahms 4 is epic, I'm studying it in my music analysis class here at Uni and the harmonies/counterpoint that he does is just brilliant! Check out the first movement too (p.s. this recording isn't that great compared to the one I have of the Berlin Phil)
+ Show Spoiler +


If you're looking for music to rock out to check out Shostakovich 10. Mvt 2 is my favorite
+ Show Spoiler +



Schubert Erlkonig! I feel like the piano intro could be a rock tune if someone rearranged it for electric guitars
+ Show Spoiler +


This Chopin Nocturne is definitely overplayed but it is such an amazing piece in my eyes and is one of those piece i can listen to forever and ever.
+ Show Spoiler +
Retired BW Noob
ColdLava
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada1673 Posts
February 28 2010 02:19 GMT
#22
On February 28 2010 10:06 writer22816 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 09:22 ColdLava wrote:
As a pianist, and as cliche as it is because EVERYONE plays Beethoven, I find Beethoven the most fun to play. If I'm bored I can simply open up one of the Beethoven sonata books (he wrote 32, and the 32 sonatas are usually put into two books) and just play the sonata movement that I happen to stumble on first.


What if you stumble upon No. 29?


Then I die.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 28 2010 02:20 GMT
#23
On February 28 2010 11:19 ColdLava wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 10:06 writer22816 wrote:
On February 28 2010 09:22 ColdLava wrote:
As a pianist, and as cliche as it is because EVERYONE plays Beethoven, I find Beethoven the most fun to play. If I'm bored I can simply open up one of the Beethoven sonata books (he wrote 32, and the 32 sonatas are usually put into two books) and just play the sonata movement that I happen to stumble on first.


What if you stumble upon No. 29?


Then I die.

It doesn't get THAT hard until the fugue
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
shreepy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States121 Posts
February 28 2010 02:30 GMT
#24
+ Show Spoiler +


One of my personal favorites especially when I am in a mellow mood.
Deleted User 31996
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
843 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 03:12:13
February 28 2010 03:10 GMT
#25
boesthius wrote:
i'm a classical guitar player - it's my major atm and i absolutely love Barrios' works. i'm working on La Catedral right now for my junior recital. the 3rd movement is a bitch, pure tremolo T_T


Wow best of luck man! I play classical guitar but you're way above my level :D,. I love that piece btw. There are plenty of other renditions on youtube - A mad old school one by John Williams is up there too.



It's a shame that the thread is titled "classical" music yet I don't see Mozart here at all :O


Mozart's K271, perhaps one of my favorite piano concertos. Almost go in tears near the end of the

First movement.
+ Show Spoiler +


2nd movement
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlQzg0FKK6E pt1
pt2

3rd movement
+ Show Spoiler +



Mozart's K503
+ Show Spoiler +


I pretty much love every single one of his piano concertos though. I won't bog the rest of my post down with mozart PC's

Haydn's 88th'
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlURvraEmeY



Some CG:

Dionisio Aguado
+ Show Spoiler +


Carlo Domeniconi
+ Show Spoiler +


Bach Fugue (On CG)
+ Show Spoiler +


Rodrigo Concerto De Aranjuez
+ Show Spoiler +
(2nd movement, I cant find the first lol)

+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +


Since there were already lots of chopin and rachmaninoff etc cbf more



Dave[9]
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2365 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 03:28:59
February 28 2010 03:26 GMT
#26
I can't believe no one has posted Horowitz's best video on youtube...probably the best interpretation of Chopin's Ballade in G-Minor..
+ Show Spoiler +




Also, the Liszt piece that I've had stuck in my head for a long LONG time..his transcription of Schubert's Ave Maria, it is SUPER difficult.
+ Show Spoiler +




Also, some Bach-Busoni:
+ Show Spoiler +




http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154&currentpage=316#6317
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
February 28 2010 03:31 GMT
#27
Classical Guitar Songs!!!!

Isaac Albeniz's Asturias
+ Show Spoiler +


Bach's BWV 1001
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spUT-2tU2Yk


Per Olov Kindgren's "After Silence"
+ Show Spoiler +


Serenade to Spring
+ Show Spoiler +


Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
KCrazy
Profile Joined August 2009
United States278 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 03:47:26
February 28 2010 03:46 GMT
#28
On February 28 2010 12:31 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Classical Guitar Songs!!!!

Isaac Albeniz's Asturias
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A


ahh i used to room with a classical guitar major, he used to play that song all the time :D
"We need alcohol" ~Stork
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
February 28 2010 03:48 GMT
#29
I'm a classical guitar minor, and I'm currently working on it haha
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 28 2010 04:03 GMT
#30
On February 28 2010 12:26 Dave[9] wrote:
I can't believe no one has posted Horowitz's best video on youtube...probably the best interpretation of Chopin's Ballade in G-Minor..
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhnRIuGZ_dc


Also, the Liszt piece that I've had stuck in my head for a long LONG time..his transcription of Schubert's Ave Maria, it is SUPER difficult.
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvW8NrtR52Y


Also, some Bach-Busoni:
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ZQpNgmqPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fsekFC-pw8

If there's one thing you don't do, don't claim that so-and-so the best interpretation for Chopin ever because there isn't. Period.
+ Show Spoiler +

Here are some my top Op. 23's (in no particular order) (well the ones that are on YouTube). You may or may not disagree with them.
Horowitz (1982)
+ Show Spoiler +



Richter (Prague 1960)
+ Show Spoiler +



Hofmann (1938)
+ Show Spoiler +



Francois
+ Show Spoiler +



Moravec (2009, live)
+ Show Spoiler +



Cortot (1933)
+ Show Spoiler +




+ Show Spoiler +
Ditto above but with Bach-Busoni Chaconne.
Michelangeli (1949)
+ Show Spoiler +




Cherkassky
+ Show Spoiler +




Bolet
+ Show Spoiler +




de Larrocha
+ Show Spoiler +




LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
KCrazy
Profile Joined August 2009
United States278 Posts
February 28 2010 04:14 GMT
#31
yea Asturias is absolutely beautiful in person so much is lost through recordings, no matter how high quality they are unfortunately
"We need alcohol" ~Stork
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
February 28 2010 05:22 GMT
#32
Anything Bach, especially his cello suites and his preludes for piano.



0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
February 28 2010 05:36 GMT
#33
On February 28 2010 09:46 Vestige wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 09:39 koreasilver wrote:
I'm a big fan of Debussy




my favorite debussy piece

I love Debussy. Currently my favs of his are Arabesques 1 and 2, Reverie, La fille aux cheveux de lin, and Passepied.

I just love his uniquely beautiful chord progressions. Amazing.
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 05:45:00
February 28 2010 05:36 GMT
#34
To me, Rachmaninov was the ultimate composer. His music is like a roller coaster. It's violent and passionate and always wonderful. A lot of composers like Bach and other Baroque/early classical bore me to tears.

Though there are countless videos/songs I could upload, I will upload my personal favorites. Though his Piano Concerto 2 is comprised of three major themes/parts, this Youtube video is split into four. I especially love the final allegro part.

Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto 2 - Part 1
+ Show Spoiler +


Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto 2 - Part 2
+ Show Spoiler +


Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto 2 - Part 3
+ Show Spoiler +


Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto 2 - Part 4
+ Show Spoiler +



And finally, this piece is a good example of the "contrasts/variation" that Rachmaninov is famous for:

Rachmaninov - Prelude Op. 23 No. 5
+ Show Spoiler +
druj
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
137 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 06:17:37
February 28 2010 05:54 GMT
#35
Cool thread!
Rachmaninoff concerto no.2:
+ Show Spoiler +

Rachmaninoff concerto no.2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRbko3UsnQ
Rest of the piece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_XfNWkf_s&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxwmg-YTAr0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvibGCRDkY&feature=related\


Vivaldi:

RV 127 very short
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgI7SsbS4G8




RV 235 Current favorite
+ Show Spoiler +





Violin Concerto in A minor rv 356 fast tempo
+ Show Spoiler +




Tchaikovsky - violin concerto - Allegro moderato Technical,
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATK_pj2iMqg


Mozart - Rondo Absurdly good
+ Show Spoiler +



Dvorak - Slavonic dance No. 2 in E minor op. 72
+ Show Spoiler +


Mendelssohn violin Violin Concerto E Minor (Op. 64) - 1st
+ Show Spoiler +




Dvorak new world symphony best part:
+ Show Spoiler +


Beethoven 3rd movement Moonlight sonata (I try to avoid cliches but this is just such a good piece.)
+ Show Spoiler +


1 Piano concerto + lots of violin ones.
Once you play starcraft, everything else in life seems alot easier.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
February 28 2010 05:59 GMT
#36
I only started listening to classical music again like from six months ago, so I'm not very well read, nor know a very wide variety of composers or pieces.

At the moment, some of my top favorites are Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D (I only have Sarah Chang's performance, though), and the first movement of Brahms' first symphony (I have Berlin Philharmoniker and Karajan's recording).

I tend to favor classical and later romantic stuffs from what I've run into. I also like later Baroque stuff...it's the heavy metal of classical music .
Hello
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 07:10:04
February 28 2010 07:06 GMT
#37
This is Bach's Wachet Auf, I Love this song. And please note that this is the singer sissels rendition of it. But I LOVE IT. :D

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMz6VmwGAAw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMz6VmwGAAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

ARG will some one tell my why this is not working
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
February 28 2010 07:14 GMT
#38
For me it's the Mendelssohn String Quartet in F minor



and ect
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
February 28 2010 07:14 GMT
#39
On February 28 2010 16:06 jaybrundage wrote:
This is Bach's Wachet Auf, I Love this song. And please note that this is the singer sissels rendition of it. But I LOVE IT. :D

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMz6VmwGAAw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMz6VmwGAAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

ARG will some one tell my why this is not working

Don't use Youtube's embed code on teamliquid. Just copy the url from the address bar and paste it in your reply. And don't use the url tags either if you want the video to embed.

Like so:


Quote my post if you want to see how it's done.
Liquipedia
Deleted User 31996
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
843 Posts
February 28 2010 07:29 GMT
#40
On February 28 2010 16:14 Spazer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2010 16:06 jaybrundage wrote:
This is Bach's Wachet Auf, I Love this song. And please note that this is the singer sissels rendition of it. But I LOVE IT. :D

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMz6VmwGAAw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMz6VmwGAAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

ARG will some one tell my why this is not working

Don't use Youtube's embed code on teamliquid. Just copy the url from the address bar and paste it in your reply. And don't use the url tags either if you want the video to embed.

Like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMz6VmwGAAw

Quote my post if you want to see how it's done.


Pfft

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 704
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2831
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 43m
Replay Cast
22h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.