• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:15
CEST 10:15
KST 17:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8984 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 77

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 1254 Next
Quadratic
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada249 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 14:35:42
February 12 2012 14:35 GMT
#1521
I have some general questions to anyone who has a lot of time logged in the beta. Do you think the game at the current state is ready for launch? The follow up would be what are the glaring fixes that need to be done before seeing a release? Do you think it's almost there or will it be 6 months or more?
lim1017
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1278 Posts
February 12 2012 19:35 GMT
#1522
is steam down for anyone
defnotGeorge
Profile Joined October 2010
United States80 Posts
February 12 2012 19:39 GMT
#1523
On February 13 2012 04:35 lim1017 wrote:
is steam down for anyone


yes.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 23:10:35
February 12 2012 22:53 GMT
#1524
On February 12 2012 23:35 Quadratic wrote:
I have some general questions to anyone who has a lot of time logged in the beta. Do you think the game at the current state is ready for launch? The follow up would be what are the glaring fixes that need to be done before seeing a release? Do you think it's almost there or will it be 6 months or more?


It is viable for a launch now or within a month if they so choose. It is in a semi-balanced state, and is having many tournaments dedicated to it. The only drawback is, is that it's a risk for Valve. They still have 60 heroes that are not in the game yet, what if they continue adding them post-release and the balance goes haywire and they receive backlash for it? At the rate of progression, 6 months sounds fair.

On February 10 2012 15:36 LAN-f34r wrote:
Is it just me or does BH have good carry potential? Everyone says he is a ganker that doesn't do well late game, however my friends and I have played him as a carry with battlefury first (big) item in order to get farmed and destroy even very tanky people in a few hits. Is this simply because any hero who has any sort off carry potential farms a decent amount can destroy pubs (especially with the invisibility to pick of lone stragglers)?


I agree with the advice Yango has given. He's sort of a "pubstomper" esque hero, depending on how you build him. Bear in mind since it is a pub, you can get leeway by going less optimal items on heroes, in BH's case - Battlefury. He's an incredibly hard Ganker, but if you outplay the enemy, you will beat the better end-game carries. Mana is an issue on Bounty H(so I can see why Bfury is tempting), but with any Ganker Orientated hero, rune control is essential to maximizing your potential. Bottle, Poor Mans Shield(skippable), Treads, Medallion, Drums, then you can go from here into BKB, Butterfly/MKB for late-game and play it like a traditional hard-carry. Also a life-leech item thrown in there somewhere and you're good to go.
JumboJohnson
Profile Joined December 2011
537 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 03:28:53
February 12 2012 23:33 GMT
#1525
I have two monitors and just recently got a DOTA 2 key and i have a problem. I tried to play earlier and alt-tab'd out of DOTA and when I went back in the mouse wouldn't stay locked in the game. It would go off into the other monitor. I've tried all the full screen and windowed options and none worked. Only unplugging my second monitor would fix it. Anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Edit: guess I'll throw this in here too. Is it possible to hold position and fire? I have hold position but if I'm in range he'll still shoot at creeps, only way I've found is to just spam the button which is annoying.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
February 13 2012 04:58 GMT
#1526
On February 13 2012 08:33 Sqisgar wrote:
I have two monitors and just recently got a DOTA 2 key and i have a problem. I tried to play earlier and alt-tab'd out of DOTA and when I went back in the mouse wouldn't stay locked in the game. It would go off into the other monitor. I've tried all the full screen and windowed options and none worked. Only unplugging my second monitor would fix it. Anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Edit: guess I'll throw this in here too. Is it possible to hold position and fire? I have hold position but if I'm in range he'll still shoot at creeps, only way I've found is to just spam the button which is annoying.

dunno about your first question
but for the second one go to options > game and turn auto attack off
JumboJohnson
Profile Joined December 2011
537 Posts
February 13 2012 05:04 GMT
#1527
Tytytyty! That's been the one thing driving me crazy about Dota. lol
Canola
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada159 Posts
February 13 2012 18:45 GMT
#1528
Is there anyway to cancel a spell that has a cast time mid cast? I'm specifcally referring to QoP's ult. A few games ago I used it on someone who died shortly after I used it and it seemed move spamming did NOT cancel it and I ended up ulting nothing. Was I not clicking hard enough, am I retarded or is there no way to do this?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 13 2012 18:48 GMT
#1529
On February 14 2012 03:45 Canola wrote:
Is there anyway to cancel a spell that has a cast time mid cast? I'm specifcally referring to QoP's ult. A few games ago I used it on someone who died shortly after I used it and it seemed move spamming did NOT cancel it and I ended up ulting nothing. Was I not clicking hard enough, am I retarded or is there no way to do this?

Pressing "S" (or whatever you have bound to "Stop") stops casting a cast time spell.
Moderator
Canola
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada159 Posts
February 13 2012 18:57 GMT
#1530
On February 14 2012 03:48 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 03:45 Canola wrote:
Is there anyway to cancel a spell that has a cast time mid cast? I'm specifcally referring to QoP's ult. A few games ago I used it on someone who died shortly after I used it and it seemed move spamming did NOT cancel it and I ended up ulting nothing. Was I not clicking hard enough, am I retarded or is there no way to do this?

Pressing "S" (or whatever you have bound to "Stop") stops casting a cast time spell.


Ty - do you know if hold position will do the same thing or is it just stop command?
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 13 2012 23:20 GMT
#1531
hold position does the same thing - I do it with furion all the time.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
KayBee
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden156 Posts
February 14 2012 08:58 GMT
#1532
What items would you liked to recommend for Silencers for mid- and late game?
I been playing around abit with this hero and I really enjoy it, but I find myself hoarding gold becouse I'm not really sure what to spend it on ..
#2GDStudio
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
February 14 2012 09:28 GMT
#1533
things that make u not die
in approximate order of how good they are relative to price
wand, treads, force staff, mek, ghost scepter, jango, sheep, pipe, shivas, bkb, euls, heart, blademail, linkens, orchid
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 14 2012 10:12 GMT
#1534
On silencer I got, basically every game, early stats, boots ASAP for orb walk harass, stat utility (wand, urn if nobody is getting one) vitality booster, finish treads, decide from there. The booster can become either a rod of atos, or a heart or vanguard (heart preferably). Atos is awesome. Usually get a force staff before finishing the atos though.

Seriously, atos was MADE for silencer. Once you have treads, force and a vitality you're already throwing out huge dps, it's a judgement call then whether you can finish your atos or need a bkb. If you're solo you can usually get atos first as you're fatter and have better farm often. Side lane I tend to get more tankiness.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
February 14 2012 17:31 GMT
#1535
On February 14 2012 17:58 LightOfDawn wrote:
What items would you liked to recommend for Silencers for mid- and late game?
I been playing around abit with this hero and I really enjoy it, but I find myself hoarding gold becouse I'm not really sure what to spend it on ..


He's a very fragile but gamebreaking hero if played well. If you're farming super super well and feel SAFE (Midas is actually very viable on him). Otherwise, Treads + Wand + Force Staff + Mekanism. A still perfectly fine item list after Midas.
My skill build with him is Q , E, Q, Stats or W, Q, Ultimate, Q(maxed). Then max aura + stats until 16(level 3 ultimate) then finish out Glaives. Reasoning behind not getting more than 1 point in Glaives early is your intelligence is not great at lower levels, Q is a much more effective harassing tool and useful in team fights.

If you're up against heavy melee, Ghost Scepter is very good as well. As the game progresses, you're basically a monster INT Carry if you get Guinsoo's. If you're finding that impossible after the list above, Euls or Orchid are both perfectly fine, but I aim for the Guinsoo.
DeltaX
Profile Joined August 2011
United States287 Posts
February 14 2012 23:07 GMT
#1536
What is the best way to watch rosh vs an ursa who smokes in?
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
February 14 2012 23:12 GMT
#1537
Sentry ward / have your mid listen for the roaring sound he makes (seriously, Ursa's spells cover like half the map in audio range) or just do it by instinct. Is Ursa going direct Vlad? Check it when its almost complete. Has Rosh respawned and Ursa is missing? Check Rosh.

Alternatively (and easier) just send a dominated creep into Roshan's pit, or have a Brood/Furion plant a minion there 24/7.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 23:23:03
February 14 2012 23:21 GMT
#1538
On February 15 2012 08:07 DeltaX wrote:
What is the best way to watch rosh vs an ursa who smokes in?


Well once he attacks it breaks out of invisible. VS Ursa I think majority of the players will get a Vlads so Roshan is always a threat. Your team must be very aggressive in warding / watching that area. Very easy way to give an advantage if you forget for a second and he kills Roshan. I make it a priority to make sure there a ward will give pit vision vs Ursa teams. Even if I have to buy it myself as a carry.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 23:36:08
February 14 2012 23:35 GMT
#1539
On February 15 2012 02:31 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 17:58 LightOfDawn wrote:
What items would you liked to recommend for Silencers for mid- and late game?
I been playing around abit with this hero and I really enjoy it, but I find myself hoarding gold becouse I'm not really sure what to spend it on ..


He's a very fragile but gamebreaking hero if played well. If you're farming super super well and feel SAFE (Midas is actually very viable on him). Otherwise, Treads + Wand + Force Staff + Mekanism. A still perfectly fine item list after Midas.
My skill build with him is Q , E, Q, Stats or W, Q, Ultimate, Q(maxed). Then max aura + stats until 16(level 3 ultimate) then finish out Glaives. Reasoning behind not getting more than 1 point in Glaives early is your intelligence is not great at lower levels, Q is a much more effective harassing tool and useful in team fights.

If you're up against heavy melee, Ghost Scepter is very good as well. As the game progresses, you're basically a monster INT Carry if you get Guinsoo's. If you're finding that impossible after the list above, Euls or Orchid are both perfectly fine, but I aim for the Guinsoo.


Whole heartedly disagree with this. Curse of the silent is a terrible skill most of the time, unless you're against a tri-lane, anticipating VERY heavy VERY early push, or specifically getting it to fuck with an invoker solo mid, and even then it's a bit naff. It does absolutely nothing in mid-game team fights, because, surprise surprise, people are casting spells. With even level 9, no bonus stats, str treads and a force staff, the difference between level 1 and level 4 glaives is 18 pure damage/hit, which is more like 30 damage/hit, plus the ability to do this when orb walking, in a lane. This is assuming the only thing you have is a force staff that gives bonus int, and 0 points in stats, nor any points gained from aura. Even being generous and saying that CotS will last 3 seconds, that's all of 3 hits on a hero to out-do the damage gained from level 4 cots, which it wouldn't be at that point anyway. It gets more in favour of glaives as the game goes on. This is completely ignoring the improved farm that he can get from said bonus damage.

Simple fact is that glaive spam harass lets silencer win most 1v1 lanes, purely because it's a reasonably high bonus damage orb walk on a 600 range hero. Come level 12-14 where team fights kick off, what you're suggesting is more along the lines of 80-100 damage/hit (taking into account that it's pure damage) lacking. A glaives silencer will win a lane just as well, if not better, will contribute to team fights far more and earlier, and generally be more useful than a cots one. Exception being - trilane. Dropping a cots on a trilane is painful, and screwing with the trilane that hard can be worth losing glaives.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 23:44:50
February 14 2012 23:42 GMT
#1540
On February 15 2012 08:35 lozarian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 02:31 Slardar wrote:
On February 14 2012 17:58 LightOfDawn wrote:
What items would you liked to recommend for Silencers for mid- and late game?
I been playing around abit with this hero and I really enjoy it, but I find myself hoarding gold becouse I'm not really sure what to spend it on ..


He's a very fragile but gamebreaking hero if played well. If you're farming super super well and feel SAFE (Midas is actually very viable on him). Otherwise, Treads + Wand + Force Staff + Mekanism. A still perfectly fine item list after Midas.
My skill build with him is Q , E, Q, Stats or W, Q, Ultimate, Q(maxed). Then max aura + stats until 16(level 3 ultimate) then finish out Glaives. Reasoning behind not getting more than 1 point in Glaives early is your intelligence is not great at lower levels, Q is a much more effective harassing tool and useful in team fights.

If you're up against heavy melee, Ghost Scepter is very good as well. As the game progresses, you're basically a monster INT Carry if you get Guinsoo's. If you're finding that impossible after the list above, Euls or Orchid are both perfectly fine, but I aim for the Guinsoo.


Whole heartedly disagree with this. Curse of the silent is a terrible skill most of the time, unless you're against a tri-lane, anticipating VERY heavy VERY early push, or specifically getting it to fuck with an invoker solo mid, and even then it's a bit naff. It does absolutely nothing in mid-game team fights, because, surprise surprise, people are casting spells. With even level 9, no bonus stats, str treads and a force staff, the difference between level 1 and level 4 glaives is 18 pure damage/hit, which is more like 30 damage/hit, plus the ability to do this when orb walking, in a lane. This is assuming the only thing you have is a force staff that gives bonus int, and 0 points in stats, nor any points gained from aura. Even being generous and saying that CotS will last 3 seconds, that's all of 3 hits on a hero to out-do the damage gained from level 4 cots, which it wouldn't be at that point anyway. It gets more in favour of glaives as the game goes on. This is completely ignoring the improved farm that he can get from said bonus damage.

Simple fact is that glaive spam harass lets silencer win most 1v1 lanes, purely because it's a reasonably high bonus damage orb walk on a 600 range hero. Come level 12-14 where team fights kick off, what you're suggesting is more along the lines of 80-100 damage/hit (taking into account that it's pure damage) lacking. A glaives silencer will win a lane just as well, if not better, will contribute to team fights far more and earlier, and generally be more useful than a cots one. Exception being - trilane. Dropping a cots on a trilane is painful, and screwing with the trilane that hard can be worth losing glaives.


Well there is no single "correct" way to play a hero, some heroes have a larger array of styles. Silencer being one of them, I find both styles viable, depending on your team. Massing glaives fills more of the carry aspect though which Silencer is not one of early on in the game, but can also be played as one if need be. CoTS is all dependent on how well you time your Global Silence or Last Word in conjunction with hero awareness in what they are doing.
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 242
Hyuk 118
Mong 71
910 71
Shinee 57
soO 38
Leta 34
Bale 33
Killer 33
Mind 28
[ Show more ]
Aegong 21
ZergMaN 15
PianO 15
ToSsGirL 12
HiyA 7
sorry 3
League of Legends
JimRising 459
Counter-Strike
ceh9496
shoxiejesuss439
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1834
Other Games
summit1g8781
olofmeister1158
Happy390
crisheroes245
Sick173
ArmadaUGS116
Livibee98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick572
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream255
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH134
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2292
League of Legends
• Rush1614
• Jankos758
• Stunt563
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 45m
OSC
4h 45m
Stellar Fest
4h 45m
OSC
15h 45m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.