• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:14
CEST 19:14
KST 02:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9760 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 56

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 1254 Next
whoso
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany523 Posts
December 28 2011 20:39 GMT
#1101
hm well littile update its working again for me...no update yet i guess
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 28 2011 22:11 GMT
#1102
What's the keybind to take items from the courier?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
December 28 2011 22:20 GMT
#1103
On December 29 2011 07:11 Fruscainte wrote:
What's the keybind to take items from the courier?


Options - Controls. They all there dunno why you would ask on a forum for a keybinding.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 22:21:05
December 28 2011 22:20 GMT
#1104
On December 29 2011 07:20 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 07:11 Fruscainte wrote:
What's the keybind to take items from the courier?


Options - Controls. They all there dunno why you would ask on a forum for a keybinding.


I did search before asking, I can't find jack =/

Hence me asking in a simple question, simple answers thread because I'm too stupid to find it
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
December 29 2011 00:34 GMT
#1105
with Tidehunter, do I lasthit in a trilane? twolane? gotten screamed at for both today and I'm utterly confused!
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 29 2011 01:04 GMT
#1106
Pretty sure Tidehunter is more of a support...?
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
December 29 2011 01:23 GMT
#1107
well I wanted to play him as more of a init, I mean he has the abilities for it
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
December 29 2011 01:23 GMT
#1108
On December 29 2011 09:34 Julmust wrote:
with Tidehunter, do I lasthit in a trilane? twolane? gotten screamed at for both today and I'm utterly confused!


With Tide, you mostly roam, iniatiating ganks. If you need the farm, go farm at neutrals or empty lane. Mostly, your gold will come from ganks though.
I know where my towel is.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 02:00:45
December 29 2011 02:00 GMT
#1109
On December 29 2011 10:23 Julmust wrote:
well I wanted to play him as more of a init, I mean he has the abilities for it

He is an initiator, but getting farm during the laning phase is not a priority for you.

Tide is more than capable of cleaning up farm during the midgame, and through ganking. You also pretty much don't have any urgent item needs beyond getting Blink Dagger.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 04:17:13
December 29 2011 04:04 GMT
#1110
Alright, I kind of freeballed my first Warlock build. How does it look?

Flask + Clarity + Branch + Courier -----> Boots + Magic Stick + Wards (continue to purchase as they come into stock and ward map up) -------> Upgrade Flying Courier ASAP --------> Ring of Basilius ------> Magic Wand + Power Treads ------> Headdress + Void Stone -------> Mekansm ------> Ultimate Scepter

How'd I do for just freeballing? Any improvements? Once I get Ultimate Scepter, I dropped my Magic Wand so I could continue to ward and whatnot. Should I have just kept up with 5 slots? Should I change to Movement Boots so I can teleport everywhere and support my team better late game?

Also, my skill build. I got Power Word up first, got one rank into Q and when I got rank 4 Power Word, got my AoE slow up next. Good progression? The heal is amazing early game, or should I use it more for offensive? Is my Q more useful than I think, perhaps for creep farming mid-game? Normally engagements would go with me Power Wording our Carry, ulting their team, Q'ing one of them, and then slowing them all while we fucked them up.
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
December 29 2011 04:39 GMT
#1111
Item progression seems pretty good, void stone is the only item I'm not too sure about. Phase might be considered too since you really don't need attack speed. Then again going phase or treads will rarely cost you the game.

Max power word, and Q second generally. Fatal bonds does more damage than you think. Especially if you hit a bunch of creeps and an enemy hero. It hurts.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 04:55:34
December 29 2011 04:50 GMT
#1112
On December 29 2011 13:39 randombum wrote:
Item progression seems pretty good, void stone is the only item I'm not too sure about. Phase might be considered too since you really don't need attack speed. Then again going phase or treads will rarely cost you the game.

Max power word, and Q second generally. Fatal bonds does more damage than you think. Especially if you hit a bunch of creeps and an enemy hero. It hurts.


Hm, alright, I'll try it out next time. My logic was, a faster progression to 85% slow can make or break team fights by not letting them get away or letting us get away easier. However, I'll try it out. It just seems like the positives, both offensively and defensively, of my E outweigh the Q in early-mid game. And yeah, I was thinking Phase or Arcane Boots but I just wanted to be safe and get that extra HP from the STR.

Also, should I use my Power Word mostly for Defense as I did, or does its offensive capabilities early game outweigh? And perhaps I could just get Phase Boots and replace that Void Stone with a Health Ring for that survivability I wanted.

Also, Urn of Shadows. Worth it? Or is it too redundant with my Power Word?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 29 2011 05:05 GMT
#1113
On December 29 2011 13:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Hm, alright, I'll try it out next time. My logic was, a faster progression to 85% slow can make or break team fights by not letting them get away or letting us get away easier. However, I'll try it out. It just seems like the positives, both offensively and defensively, of my E outweigh the Q in early-mid game. And yeah, I was thinking Phase or Arcane Boots but I just wanted to be safe and get that extra HP from the STR.

Fatal Bonds effectively doubles the damage of AoE abilities that hit all the bonded targets. It is surprisingly potent for damage.

On December 29 2011 13:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Also, should I use my Power Word mostly for Defense as I did, or does its offensive capabilities early game outweigh? And perhaps I could just get Phase Boots and replace that Void Stone with a Health Ring for that survivability I wanted.

Power Word by nature is more mana-efficient defensively, simply by nature of the fact that heroes have natural spell resistance. Use it offensively if it will net a kill, but otherwise be sparing.

You shouldn't need a mana regen item beyond Basilius/swapping to Int Treads if you're low mana. Better management should cover your needs. Also, RoH is not a survivability item--it's more for sustain, which you already have enough of. If you need survivability, you should grab a Vit Booster, Chainmail, or Cloak.

On December 29 2011 13:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Also, Urn of Shadows. Worth it? Or is it too redundant with my Power Word?

Urn is awkward on Warlock because he's not a ganking hero that expects to pick up a lot of charges early on. That said, any team should usually have an Urn at some point in the game. Get it if your team doesn't have one, just so that someone is picking up Urn charges in fights, but your team should often have a better Urn carrier than you.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 05:15:51
December 29 2011 05:15 GMT
#1114
Hm, alright. Thanks for the response. I'll swap my Q and E progression for next game and see how that works, perhaps it's more situational with whom I'm laning with. And I suspected as much with my Power Word, any other items you would recommend support wise other than RoB/Mek? Maybe an Orb or something to further support? Since after I drop my Heal, Slow, and Ult and drop my Fatal I'm essentially useless the remainder of the fight, so perhaps I could do SOMETHING helpful in a fight. Or just more aura items?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 05:32:34
December 29 2011 05:30 GMT
#1115
On December 29 2011 14:15 Fruscainte wrote:
Hm, alright. Thanks for the response. I'll swap my Q and E progression for next game and see how that works, perhaps it's more situational with whom I'm laning with. And I suspected as much with my Power Word, any other items you would recommend support wise other than RoB/Mek? Maybe an Orb or something to further support? Since after I drop my Heal, Slow, and Ult and drop my Fatal I'm essentially useless the remainder of the fight, so perhaps I could do SOMETHING helpful in a fight. Or just more aura items?

Support items people do not buy enough of:

Janggo
Janggo
Force Staff
Medallion
Janggo

Seriously though, Janggo is good on literally anyone. It always confuses the fuck out of me how I'm the only one I ever see getting it.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 29 2011 05:32 GMT
#1116
On December 29 2011 14:30 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 14:15 Fruscainte wrote:
Hm, alright. Thanks for the response. I'll swap my Q and E progression for next game and see how that works, perhaps it's more situational with whom I'm laning with. And I suspected as much with my Power Word, any other items you would recommend support wise other than RoB/Mek? Maybe an Orb or something to further support? Since after I drop my Heal, Slow, and Ult and drop my Fatal I'm essentially useless the remainder of the fight, so perhaps I could do SOMETHING helpful in a fight. Or just more aura items?

Support items people do not buy enough of:

Janggo
Janggo
Force Staff
Medallion
Janggo

Seriously though, Janggo is good on literally anyone. It always confuses the fuck out of me how I'm the only one I ever see getting it.


The fuck is Janggo? Never even saw that before O_O
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 29 2011 05:34 GMT
#1117
On December 29 2011 14:32 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 14:30 TheYango wrote:
On December 29 2011 14:15 Fruscainte wrote:
Hm, alright. Thanks for the response. I'll swap my Q and E progression for next game and see how that works, perhaps it's more situational with whom I'm laning with. And I suspected as much with my Power Word, any other items you would recommend support wise other than RoB/Mek? Maybe an Orb or something to further support? Since after I drop my Heal, Slow, and Ult and drop my Fatal I'm essentially useless the remainder of the fight, so perhaps I could do SOMETHING helpful in a fight. Or just more aura items?

Support items people do not buy enough of:

Janggo
Janggo
Force Staff
Medallion
Janggo

Seriously though, Janggo is good on literally anyone. It always confuses the fuck out of me how I'm the only one I ever see getting it.


The fuck is Janggo? Never even saw that before O_O

They're called Drums in DotA 2.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 05:38:13
December 29 2011 05:36 GMT
#1118
On December 29 2011 14:34 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 14:32 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 29 2011 14:30 TheYango wrote:
On December 29 2011 14:15 Fruscainte wrote:
Hm, alright. Thanks for the response. I'll swap my Q and E progression for next game and see how that works, perhaps it's more situational with whom I'm laning with. And I suspected as much with my Power Word, any other items you would recommend support wise other than RoB/Mek? Maybe an Orb or something to further support? Since after I drop my Heal, Slow, and Ult and drop my Fatal I'm essentially useless the remainder of the fight, so perhaps I could do SOMETHING helpful in a fight. Or just more aura items?

Support items people do not buy enough of:

Janggo
Janggo
Force Staff
Medallion
Janggo

Seriously though, Janggo is good on literally anyone. It always confuses the fuck out of me how I'm the only one I ever see getting it.


The fuck is Janggo? Never even saw that before O_O

They're called Drums in DotA 2.


Oh

I'll check it out. And Force Staff? Does that really have utility in Warlock's case? I can understand on some champions how that could be awesome, both for yourself and pushing enemies about, but I could think of better items for my situation.

That Medallion looks banana's though. Constant 6 armor debuff? Oh fuck yeah. The Drums are cool too, 5% movespeed and attackspeed? Does the 10% on the active stack up to 15% as well? And with only 4 charges and having to spend another 750g to replenish, seems I would have to be VERY conservative with it.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 29 2011 05:53 GMT
#1119
On December 29 2011 14:36 Fruscainte wrote:
I'll check it out. And Force Staff? Does that really have utility in Warlock's case? I can understand on some champions how that could be awesome, both for yourself and pushing enemies about, but I could think of better items for my situation.

Force Staff is versatile enough that any team having at least 1 is worthwhile (and in pubs, people usually don't buy support items appropriately, so there's usually a need for 1). Shoving an enemy into your team, saving an ally, setting up initiation--there are just too many things you can do with one.

On December 29 2011 14:36 Fruscainte wrote:
That Medallion looks banana's though. Constant 6 armor debuff? Oh fuck yeah. The Drums are cool too, 5% movespeed and attackspeed? Does the 10% on the active stack up to 15% as well? And with only 4 charges and having to spend another 750g to replenish, seems I would have to be VERY conservative with it.

I believe Janggo's 2 Endurance effects do stack.

As long as you are not wasting charges in solo situations, 4 charges for 750 gold when you're popping them for fights/pushes is fine. Also keep in mind how comparatively cost-efficient Janggo is for an item as big as it is--1700-ish gold for +9 all stats compared to 2100 for an Ultimate Orb--the aura/active are basically free.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-29 06:00:06
December 29 2011 05:59 GMT
#1120
On December 29 2011 14:53 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 14:36 Fruscainte wrote:
I'll check it out. And Force Staff? Does that really have utility in Warlock's case? I can understand on some champions how that could be awesome, both for yourself and pushing enemies about, but I could think of better items for my situation.

Force Staff is versatile enough that any team having at least 1 is worthwhile (and in pubs, people usually don't buy support items appropriately, so there's usually a need for 1). Shoving an enemy into your team, saving an ally, setting up initiation--there are just too many things you can do with one.

Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 14:36 Fruscainte wrote:
That Medallion looks banana's though. Constant 6 armor debuff? Oh fuck yeah. The Drums are cool too, 5% movespeed and attackspeed? Does the 10% on the active stack up to 15% as well? And with only 4 charges and having to spend another 750g to replenish, seems I would have to be VERY conservative with it.

I believe Janggo's 2 Endurance effects do stack.

As long as you are not wasting charges in solo situations, 4 charges for 750 gold when you're popping them for fights/pushes is fine. Also keep in mind how comparatively cost-efficient Janggo is for an item as big as it is--1700-ish gold for +9 all stats compared to 2100 for an Ultimate Orb--the aura/active are basically free.


Hm, true. Any item in particular you think I should replace those with in my build I posted earlier? Such as getting it instead of Void Stone + Mek and getting a delayed Mek?
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 285
UpATreeSC 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1434
EffOrt 1083
Mini 814
Soma 636
actioN 476
Rush 439
Larva 331
Light 310
BeSt 205
Dewaltoss 154
[ Show more ]
Snow 134
hero 109
firebathero 90
sorry 67
Liquid`Ret 59
Zeus 58
Barracks 57
soO 32
Sexy 26
ToSsGirL 25
Trap 25
JYJ 23
Bale 21
Shine 19
zelot 18
Rock 9
Sacsri 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7585
qojqva2284
Dendi856
420jenkins189
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps887
Fnx 796
x6flipin580
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5569
Grubby4964
Liquid`Hasu490
Other Games
Beastyqt579
B2W.Neo456
byalli427
ceh9413
Khaldor177
ArmadaUGS159
Liquid`VortiX148
KnowMe137
C9.Mang0114
TKL 88
BRAT_OK 76
Trikslyr53
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV276
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH272
• StrangeGG 61
• Reevou 4
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 16
• 80smullet 11
• FirePhoenix11
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV442
League of Legends
• Nemesis3549
• TFBlade831
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 46m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.