• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:01
CEST 20:01
KST 03:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8295 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 55

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 1254 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 24 2011 15:38 GMT
#1081
On December 24 2011 19:06 Blackrobe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 17:13 flamewheel wrote:
On December 24 2011 15:55 Blackrobe wrote:
After Lich's Chain Frost is cast, is there a range limitation to the projectile? i.e. does it disappear if the opponent blinks away/haste etc..

After hitting a target, the projectile will search within an 850 AoE and bounce to one of those. If there are no targets within 850 range, Chain Frost stops.


I am asking about BEFORE it hits the first target. I have cast CF on a target in range and the projectile followed the target as they were trying to escape, I would say, >1500, before it began bouncing. I don't understand the mechanics behind that action.

Bounce range is checked after it hits the target.

There was a clip in a WoDotA Weekly Top 10 where a Lich cast his ult on a Wisp who then ulted home, and the Chain Frost followed him to fountain, where it got a triple kill.
Moderator
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
December 25 2011 02:29 GMT
#1082
What happens when Lich ult a lone hero/creep?
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
December 25 2011 09:10 GMT
#1083
On December 25 2011 11:29 Garnet wrote:
What happens when Lich ult a lone hero/creep?


It obviously hits only once...
Hates Fun🤔
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
December 25 2011 17:10 GMT
#1084
Yup, lol. It hits the creep, then has nowhere to bounce with so stops, so you have to try and cast your ultis well. ^^
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
December 26 2011 01:30 GMT
#1085
Anyone know if they are ever gonna be introducing some of the old commands like -water red, -random weather, -ms, etc ?

I miss them I liked my black water D:
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
December 26 2011 02:09 GMT
#1086
Feel free to suggest it in the dev forums
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
December 27 2011 05:18 GMT
#1087
Is there any way to mute someone's voice chat?
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
December 27 2011 06:50 GMT
#1088
tab, click the speaker on the left of their name. Mutes both voice as well as text chat.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
December 27 2011 10:50 GMT
#1089
Is there a way to rewatch the games we played?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 27 2011 15:34 GMT
#1090
On December 27 2011 19:50 Garnet wrote:
Is there a way to rewatch the games we played?

Under the "Watch" tab from the main menu, look at Replays rather than Live Games, and then filter for games you were in.
Moderator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 28 2011 17:59 GMT
#1091
Good Sand King build and strategy? I want to try him out but I'm lost.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 18:15:33
December 28 2011 18:08 GMT
#1092
On December 29 2011 02:59 Fruscainte wrote:
Good Sand King build and strategy? I want to try him out but I'm lost.

I have seen him played most often with a blink dagger ganker style. He is pretty item independent so i have often seen urn of shadows and the like built on him.
iv been on the wrong end of a epicenter blink burrowstrike combo more then once.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 28 2011 18:22 GMT
#1093
On December 29 2011 03:08 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 02:59 Fruscainte wrote:
Good Sand King build and strategy? I want to try him out but I'm lost.

I have seen him played most often with a blink dagger ganker style. He is pretty item independent so i have often seen urn of shadows and the like built on him.
iv been on the wrong end of a epicenter blink burrowstrike combo more then once.


Ah, so he's not item dependent then? Should I rush blink dagger after boots or...?
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
December 28 2011 18:23 GMT
#1094
Whats up with the EU servers atm? Taking ages to find a server and every game I play is a huge stomp. Haven't played any even games all day .
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 18:38:55
December 28 2011 18:32 GMT
#1095
On December 29 2011 03:22 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 03:08 PassiveAce wrote:
On December 29 2011 02:59 Fruscainte wrote:
Good Sand King build and strategy? I want to try him out but I'm lost.

I have seen him played most often with a blink dagger ganker style. He is pretty item independent so i have often seen urn of shadows and the like built on him.
iv been on the wrong end of a epicenter blink burrowstrike combo more then once.


Ah, so he's not item dependent then? Should I rush blink dagger after boots or...?

Basically yes I think.
Here's a playdota guide that I think for the most part is still relevant except for the very specific parts about the war3 engine.
http://www.playdota.com/guides/competitive-guide-for-sand-king

also, y i no see you in TL inhouses???
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 18:51:09
December 28 2011 18:39 GMT
#1096
On December 29 2011 03:32 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2011 03:22 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 29 2011 03:08 PassiveAce wrote:
On December 29 2011 02:59 Fruscainte wrote:
Good Sand King build and strategy? I want to try him out but I'm lost.

I have seen him played most often with a blink dagger ganker style. He is pretty item independent so i have often seen urn of shadows and the like built on him.
iv been on the wrong end of a epicenter blink burrowstrike combo more then once.


Ah, so he's not item dependent then? Should I rush blink dagger after boots or...?

Basically yes I think.
Here's a playdota guide that I think for the most part is still relevant except for the very specific parts about the war3 engine.
http://www.playdota.com/guides/competitive-guide-for-sand-king

also, y i no see you in TL inhouses???


Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read.

And I'm not goon enough yet I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and learn some characters before I do anything.



EDIT: Alright, from what I've gathered I lane up to level 3-4 and then, if my partner can solo lane, I go out and roam with boots + bottle and just keep roaming throughout?
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
December 28 2011 20:06 GMT
#1097
How come nobody picked puck a year ago in dota1, now he's being first banned in dota1 games? I understand he's a good team fight hero/initiator, but he always was.
imMUTAble787
Profile Joined November 2011
United States680 Posts
December 28 2011 20:11 GMT
#1098
whenever i try loading the client right now i cant click any of the tabs and no friend list stuff shows up in-game.

are the servers just down right now or is my client broken z_z
*eternalenvy fanboy*
whoso
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany523 Posts
December 28 2011 20:29 GMT
#1099
well server is down for me aswell atm
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
December 28 2011 20:36 GMT
#1100
they might be patching
Quote?
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 383
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1185
actioN 472
BeSt 208
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 98
Zeus 71
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 27
ToSsGirL 24
[ Show more ]
Sexy 23
Bale 22
JYJ 21
Shine 19
NaDa 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
qojqva2135
Dendi733
420jenkins151
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1168
Fnx 727
x6flipin361
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu773
Other Games
Beastyqt733
B2W.Neo592
ceh9506
byalli344
ArmadaUGS162
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe148
Khaldor133
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr54
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 61
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV408
League of Legends
• Nemesis3758
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 59m
Stellar Fest
18h 59m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.