• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10317 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 135

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 1254 Next
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 02:56:11
June 15 2012 02:55 GMT
#2681
On June 15 2012 11:53 PassiveAce wrote:
Can someone please tell me why we never see omniknight in competition?
On paper he seems like an incredibly powerful support, why isnt he ever seen? is it just because he lacks an escape and disable?
I want to see my favorite hero played more.

Needs farm and levels. Melee hero; bad laner.

I like him though.

Also, his passive is bad.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 02:59:33
June 15 2012 02:58 GMT
#2682
Needs farm and levels.

Just put him mid :p
thanks for the quick answer
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
The Great Taste
Profile Joined January 2012
389 Posts
June 15 2012 04:10 GMT
#2683
On June 15 2012 11:53 PassiveAce wrote:
Can someone please tell me why we never see omniknight in competition?
On paper he seems like an incredibly powerful support, why isnt he ever seen? is it just because he lacks an escape and disable?
I want to see my favorite hero played more.


Well, there was a period in EU Dota 1 last year where he was insanely popular. Common pick/ban, I think it was about a month or 2 months before The International?

But ye, needs farm and levels as above. Also not helpful in the pushing/counter-pushing aspect.
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
June 15 2012 05:42 GMT
#2684
I think he suffers from a severe case of diffusal blade. If not for diffusal, He would be awesome.

Still I agree that he should be picked up more, especially if they don't have an agi hero to hold the diffusal well.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 06:47:24
June 15 2012 06:34 GMT
#2685
I think he should be picked more... He gives a free bkb which while situational can be very powerful against certain line-up's, his ult would also go great with these super aggressive push strats we see sometimes.

I say put him as a ward-bitch/hard lane support... Sure you lose a disable and a good aura which most ward-bitch/hard supports have, but you get free regen (hence, easier farm) for whoever he's supporting in lane through his heal and as mentioned earlier the free bkb... playing omni in this style, all he needs is a soul ring then mana boots, building towards mek/pipe which most supports can get if their team is winning. He will get targeted first though due to his lack of items, so the player needs good awareness/positioning not to get caught out and need to waste his abilities on himself, but all good support players have this anyway.

I would say his biggest weakness when playing him like this is his lack of ability to get assist gold due to being melee, this can be made-up by his ability to get quick farm when necessary thanks to his heal. Either way it's better than putting him solo mid where other heroes can do more with the farm/quick levels.

In general to me there seems to be not enough thought by top teams as to what the heroes that aren't getting picked can actually bring to a line-up and how they can be used to counter other line-ups.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
June 15 2012 07:27 GMT
#2686
On June 15 2012 14:42 LAN-f34r wrote:
I think he suffers from a severe case of diffusal blade. If not for diffusal, He would be awesome.

Still I agree that he should be picked up more, especially if they don't have an agi hero to hold the diffusal well.


He also suffers from a severe case of laning blues.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 02:04:25
June 16 2012 02:01 GMT
#2687
Why is it so popular to get 2 null talismans on QoP before getting any bigger items? I've been told it's because you need the mana pool to use your skills, but doesn't int treads and bottle/rune spam take care of that? Plus with the money you save not getting 2 talismans you're almost to a point booster or ultimate orb anyway, right?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 02:29:55
June 16 2012 02:08 GMT
#2688
I can't say I've seen 2 nulls on QoP as popular. Generally if you want a null people get one, getting 2 seems odd to me. Treads early game suffers from issue of Attack speed not really being worth it so sinking money into completing treads isn't always the best option if you want to have the mana pool early on for cheap. Laning wise you can start off with one mantle for the increase in damage so converting it into a null isn't that big a deal. Still 2 seems a bit odd, you sure about this being popular in pro scene?

On June 15 2012 15:34 skipgamer wrote:
I think he should be picked more... He gives a free bkb which while situational can be very powerful against certain line-up's, his ult would also go great with these super aggressive push strats we see sometimes.

I say put him as a ward-bitch/hard lane support... Sure you lose a disable and a good aura which most ward-bitch/hard supports have, but you get free regen (hence, easier farm) for whoever he's supporting in lane through his heal and as mentioned earlier the free bkb... playing omni in this style, all he needs is a soul ring then mana boots, building towards mek/pipe which most supports can get if their team is winning. He will get targeted first though due to his lack of items, so the player needs good awareness/positioning not to get caught out and need to waste his abilities on himself, but all good support players have this anyway.

I would say his biggest weakness when playing him like this is his lack of ability to get assist gold due to being melee, this can be made-up by his ability to get quick farm when necessary thanks to his heal. Either way it's better than putting him solo mid where other heroes can do more with the farm/quick levels.

In general to me there seems to be not enough thought by top teams as to what the heroes that aren't getting picked can actually bring to a line-up and how they can be used to counter other line-ups.


Firstly you get assist gold for being within 1000 units of the kill so I don't see how his "biggest" weakness is him not being able to get assist gold. The "assist" you get on the scoreboard is not the same as assist gold. Here's a source :http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Gold and http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317956

Secondly it's not free regen nor is it a free bkb. You are sacrificing a support that can possibly pressure a lane for one that can't that means his "heal" is in fact not free since another support might be able to stop the damage from ever taking place in lane. His repel is deceptive because it can be removed and it requires him to be in region. This lends itself to a very strict style of play that your enemy might not let you do which then means your carry is not relying on himself for magic immunity and instead another. It works out fine in the structured style but when things get messy then repel starts to lose its appeal as omni might not always be in the exact correct position every time where as a bkb will be so calling it a free bkb in my opinion isn't quite correct. It's magic immunity and quite good until dif blade but it still had weaknesses outside of dif blade.
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 02:18:14
June 16 2012 02:13 GMT
#2689
On June 16 2012 11:08 Numy wrote:
I can't say I've seen 2 nulls on QoP as popular. Generally if you want a null people get one, getting 2 seems odd to me. Treads early game suffers from issue of Attack speed not really being worth it so sinking money into completing treads isn't always the best option if you want to have the mana pool early on for cheap. Laning wise you can start off with one mantle for the increase in damage so converting it into a null isn't that big a deal. Still 2 seems a bit odd, you sure about this being popular in pro scene?


Sometimes it's 1, but I've seen a TON of games with 2. :/
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 02:23:00
June 16 2012 02:19 GMT
#2690
Can you link examples because with what you are saying that qop will be fully slotted when carrying a tp scroll. Doesn't quite make sense. A mid qop will almost always have a tp scroll so what you saying is they have generally bottle wand tp treads null null. That's zero item build up to core so do they then sell one of these nulls or not carry around a tp? Just seems very confusing, don't see how there's space in a normal build to go two nulls unless you skip wand but wand is generally amazing on mobile heroes who enter fights a lot. Then if you going two nulls AND treads before any core items you really banking on massive early game advantage to gain upper hand. I guess if you want to almost sacrifice qop midgame to get stronger early-mid so she can say carry 4v5 thus giving space for a hard carry to farm but when qop do this kind of thing they generally rush a bkb not a bunch of nulls.
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 02:32:36
June 16 2012 02:23 GMT
#2691
I mean eventually they sell it but I'm fairly certain I've seen quite a few games where the QoP gets 2 nulls. I'll take a look around and see if I can find any games in particular. Now that I think about it, it might be when they send QoP in side lanes so she didn't get a bottle maybe? Maybe that's what I'm forgetting about. I'll take a look around and see what I can find.

EDIT: While I'm scanning through a bunch of games with QoP in them I now see that it actually is much more common to get only 1 null. :p I know for a fact that I've seen 2 in at least a few games that I've seen though, unless I'm going crazy, so I'm still curious to find out why they get 2 nulls in those games. Still looking for some, though.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 16 2012 02:34 GMT
#2692
Honestly I'm not sure why they would get 2 nulls, maybe it was a situational thing you saw where they couldn't get any big component but still needed to be relevant to the game in that moment. If you can find those games it would be cool to look at it.
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 02:53:38
June 16 2012 02:52 GMT
#2693
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/b/321426346?t=68m33s

http://gosugamers.net/dota2/replays/56259

http://pt-br.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/b/321225114?t=76m10s



Here's a few. Coincidentally they're all Chinese/SEA teams, so maybe that's a factor? Still looking to see if I can find any US/EU teams doing it now, though.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
June 16 2012 02:58 GMT
#2694
Maybe because there were 2 nulls in the 'suggested items' list. That thing has some really questionable suggestions. :D
Moderator
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
June 16 2012 03:07 GMT
#2695
I realize that Mask of Madness is one of those items that have gotten that kind of reputation from being a joke item, but are there situations to use it? Every time I feel like I want it, I just get an armlet or something instead and i do just fine but I was wondering if there are reasons for MoM when I'm not just dicking around.
Kuzmorgo
Profile Joined May 2009
Hungary1058 Posts
June 16 2012 08:03 GMT
#2696
On June 16 2012 12:07 Candadar wrote:
I realize that Mask of Madness is one of those items that have gotten that kind of reputation from being a joke item, but are there situations to use it? Every time I feel like I want it, I just get an armlet or something instead and i do just fine but I was wondering if there are reasons for MoM when I'm not just dicking around.


I really like it when i play jugger or void and the game is not going too well, so i have to join early fights (or the game is going very well and i want to join early fights ). But I don't get it on any other hero. These 2 can benefit from it greatly though, due to their ultis. The problem of it is that you can't "stand and fight", but then why have +100 AS. Also with a good enigma or other AOE stun, it could be useful. But then you are banking on him hitting a perfect black hole.
"No, whine not! Play, or play not! There is no whine."
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
June 16 2012 08:35 GMT
#2697
mTw has a viper + omniknight strategy that they used at least 3 times in competition (they won all 3).
Basically they take the towers with the shielded viper in front, orbing whoever comes close, then heal then repeat. The omni is laned solomid. It's really effective from those 3 games.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
June 16 2012 08:50 GMT
#2698
Anyone remember the attributes of Arcane Ring? I can't even find it with a Google search.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 09:02:25
June 16 2012 09:00 GMT
#2699
edit: 3 armor 300 mana
rop + manaorb + 525 recipe
135 mana on 33s cd
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
June 16 2012 09:13 GMT
#2700
On June 16 2012 12:07 Candadar wrote:
I realize that Mask of Madness is one of those items that have gotten that kind of reputation from being a joke item, but are there situations to use it? Every time I feel like I want it, I just get an armlet or something instead and i do just fine but I was wondering if there are reasons for MoM when I'm not just dicking around.


Sometimes I like to get it on enchantress. This is highly game/team dependent but if their team is lacking in low-cd nukes or long range nukes/stuns you can get away with it. The key is just knowing when to get in and out of the fight to avoid any lockdown. It is freaking hilarious how quickly you can bring someone down too. It is a one-shot thing though, you will go through all your mana in about 4 seconds. To completely demolish 1-2 heroes though, it is worth it. It will also make you a better player by ensuring you are counting the nukes/stuns and keeping proper positioning in teamfights. One mistake and your 900 health pool is gone.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 855
Soulkey 318
Larva 226
Soma 198
Mind 68
ZerO 67
soO 27
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
zelot 8
[ Show more ]
Sexy 5
Mini 1
League of Legends
JimRising 528
Counter-Strike
edward104
Other Games
gofns8554
singsing1523
Coldzera 676
WinterStarcraft624
Sick191
Pyrionflax44
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick644
BasetradeTV230
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Jankos2453
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
55m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.