• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7835 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 10577

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10575 10576 10577 10578 10579 10602 Next
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
May 08 2023 06:38 GMT
#211521
Super excited, havent been to TI since TI4!
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
May 14 2023 10:39 GMT
#211522
Out of curiosity, did anyone watch Eurovision?
passive quaranstream fan
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
May 14 2023 16:25 GMT
#211523
yeah, loreen is awful and boring and i cant believe germany got last, it wasnt good but there was much, much worse shit out there. real shame romania for some reason couldnt even make finals
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
May 14 2023 18:38 GMT
#211524
So stupid that a previous winner can compete again, idk why she got so many votes. Also I could barely watch her cause the nails weirded me out.

Finland Norway and the early 00s boy band were my favorites.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Geisterkarle
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Germany3257 Posts
May 15 2023 06:58 GMT
#211525
It is/was interesting to see that Sweden got "all" the Jury votes and "none" of the audience votes!
Shows what the "people" want!
There can only be one Geisterkarle
Vision_
Profile Joined September 2018
877 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-05-15 12:20:12
May 15 2023 10:47 GMT
#211526
Hello from France,

I played dota 2 in 2014 and come back recently and discover this exciting new map... I feel Valve have done a good update particulary with polyvalence heroes (which is a simple idea) but i m wondering if there isn t a problem with these two new new teleport portals ? What do you think about it ?

I m convinced this idea of replacing roshan is great but i feel that ranked even with an experimented friend can be still tricky. Indeed, aren t these two new portals increasing the risk of snowballing ? i think yes, is it true ?

Thus i always tought that mid lane experience should be decreased in ranked but it s probably because i m not a hard core gamer. We are oftenly threatened by this mid hero and i know that Valve won t tweak for casual, by the way in this chaos of ranked, should less experience be earned by middle heroes to avoid the importance of solo hero carrying in the entire game ? (before this two portals are implemented)

As suggestion, teleport portals could be open after all level 9 players are reached or in the worst case, when "X" min are past in the game (idk 15, 20 min ? ). It s now pretty easy for the mid hero to gank these two lanes in a second !!! Valve you can t destroy your game like that !


To resume teleport portals are open too soon and it promotes snowballing !!
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
May 15 2023 17:27 GMT
#211527
I did catch some stuff around Eurovision, mainly that they wanted to strike in the UK before the final, unknowingly (supposedly) striking during the semi final - which definitely was news to me too.
Or that there is a jury and not a popular vote, I mean kinda yes, but also not. And then not every country participates?
Why not?

I heard great things about the hosts though. How did they perform?
passive quaranstream fan
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
May 16 2023 22:05 GMT
#211528
Dunno how many of OTGD watch pro CS, but this Major is real fun. Lot of tight competition, good upsets, and exciting matches.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
May 17 2023 05:44 GMT
#211529
Yearly 11+ hr rtz stream happened today, was happy to catch the tail end
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
May 17 2023 14:19 GMT
#211530
i caught masons speech myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
May 22 2023 10:42 GMT
#211531
Ok what is this "TL Rethought" thread xd
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
May 22 2023 14:40 GMT
#211532
On May 22 2023 19:42 PoulsenB wrote:
Ok what is this "TL Rethought" thread xd

I don't know if I'm looking at a joke thread that has 12 layers of TL lore behind it, or if it's some schizo blog post.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
May 22 2023 16:35 GMT
#211533
banned user who has nothing better to do with his time lol
LiquidDota Staff
Geisterkarle
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Germany3257 Posts
May 24 2023 06:13 GMT
#211534
Anyone following the current DPC season?
Can't watch that much, so do you have some game recommendations for checking out a VOD?
There can only be one Geisterkarle
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
May 25 2023 09:50 GMT
#211535
Liquid vs D1 Hustlers Game 3 was pretty entertaining.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
May 26 2023 21:12 GMT
#211536
Fun little update I thought folks here might like: I've built 4 little web games in the past 2 months! I've blogged about all of them over at https://eieio.games/

I am trying to work my way up to a new game every 10 days - we'll see how that goes :o. When I left my last job I started doing all sorts of daytime activities to not get bored and I've been kinda cutting those out as game developing has taken up more of my time.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-05-27 01:13:42
May 27 2023 01:11 GMT
#211537
On May 27 2023 06:12 eieio wrote:
Fun little update I thought folks here might like: I've built 4 little web games in the past 2 months! I've blogged about all of them over at https://eieio.games/

I am trying to work my way up to a new game every 10 days - we'll see how that goes :o. When I left my last job I started doing all sorts of daytime activities to not get bored and I've been kinda cutting those out as game developing has taken up more of my time.

Just took a quick glance and it looks awesome so far. Gonna try out the games when I get some free time.

What made you decide to use godot btw? I eventually want to try and make a 2d platformer so I’m curious what your thought process was in picking an engine.
Administrator
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
May 27 2023 04:03 GMT
#211538
On May 27 2023 10:11 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2023 06:12 eieio wrote:
Fun little update I thought folks here might like: I've built 4 little web games in the past 2 months! I've blogged about all of them over at https://eieio.games/

I am trying to work my way up to a new game every 10 days - we'll see how that goes :o. When I left my last job I started doing all sorts of daytime activities to not get bored and I've been kinda cutting those out as game developing has taken up more of my time.

Just took a quick glance and it looks awesome so far. Gonna try out the games when I get some free time.

What made you decide to use godot btw? I eventually want to try and make a 2d platformer so I’m curious what your thought process was in picking an engine.

Thanks!

Re: Godot - I knew that I wanted to use an engine (just cause I wanted to finish some games and that means using an engine if you want to program fast). So it seemed like the choice was really between Godot and Unity for the type of work I wanted to do. I felt like I was really overthinking the decision and decided to just go with Godot because folks seemed to think it was a little easier to use for 2D than Unity (I might use Unity for 3D). So far I've been relatively happy with that decision: Godot is pretty lightweight which is great, and I really like its notion of nodes and scenes. Makes it easy to get something playable.

I will say that I have some major gripes: Godot's built-in editor is straight up *bad* and it's nuts to me that they recommend that you use it. And I think GDScript is a pretty poor language: it feels like shitty Python - it has Python like syntax but none of the quality of life functions that Python has, and there's some stuff that's just missing. No first-class functions really sucks, for example. Many of my other gripes are because I've been using OCaml (which has a super powerful type system and compiler) for the last 6.5 years and I just miss having a good type system so much: it's really really frustrating to have game crashes due to bugs that a reasonable compiler would catch.

So I might give Godot with C# a try, since I think that C# is probably just better than GDScript for a lot of what I want to do (I didn't do this to start because I'm trying to not be an annoying "I know better" guy and trust what tutorials recommend which is GDScript). It's difficult because a lot of tutorials are written for folks that want to make games but don't have a lot of software experience which isn't me - not a lot of tutorials for "a decade or more of software experience but no game experience!"

Godot 4 seems to address some of my bigger problems with Godot 3.5, but has a bug that makes web-exported Godot 4 games basically unplayable on MacOS which is a no-go for me: I need my games to be playable on the web and lots of people play on macbooks. That's pretty frustrating, and the fact that the Godot devs don't seem to be taking the issue that seriously is annoying to me.

All in I'm happy with my choice and will keep using Godot for now, but I do wish things were better. I'm likely to give some other things a try - probably starting with the pico-8. Although I'm a little annoyed that indie folks seem to like the pico-8 aesthetic so much that they'll prefer games that are *worse* but made on a pico-8 to better games not made on the pico-8.

Anyway, gamedev has been a whole lot of fun so far! I'm trying to get better fast and my goal pace is to make a new game every 10 days, which is hard but fun (I'm not quite fast enough so yet). I've applied for a residency at the Recurse Center that I really hope I get into and that will hopefully get me some more support for shipping fast

Sorry for the wall of text, hope you end up enjoying the games - I'll post some updates here on occasion. And LMK if you ever try to make a game and want to chat!!
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
May 27 2023 11:55 GMT
#211539
that's really cool, I've been trying to learn C++ in my spare time recently and I've really enjoyed it. I dunno why I never tried to learn any programming language when I was in school lol
LiquidDota Staff
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
May 28 2023 08:38 GMT
#211540
On May 27 2023 13:03 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2023 10:11 TheEmulator wrote:
On May 27 2023 06:12 eieio wrote:
Fun little update I thought folks here might like: I've built 4 little web games in the past 2 months! I've blogged about all of them over at https://eieio.games/

I am trying to work my way up to a new game every 10 days - we'll see how that goes :o. When I left my last job I started doing all sorts of daytime activities to not get bored and I've been kinda cutting those out as game developing has taken up more of my time.

Just took a quick glance and it looks awesome so far. Gonna try out the games when I get some free time.

What made you decide to use godot btw? I eventually want to try and make a 2d platformer so I’m curious what your thought process was in picking an engine.

Thanks!

Sorry for the wall of text, hope you end up enjoying the games - I'll post some updates here on occasion. And LMK if you ever try to make a game and want to chat!!

I appreciate the wall of text. Did some light research and had no idea Godot was so popular. I guess it's been like 10 years since I've looked into any game dev stuff. If I decide to dabble in it I think I'd choose Godot as well because I'm a sucker for anything free, open source, and lightweight. Not sure I'm a sucker for "scuffed python" tho, but I do know some c# so maybe I just skip GDScript.

The games are great so far (nice touch on putting your own music in). I'm also really enjoying the write-ups on your website. I didn't even notice them at first, but I eventually saw the "keep reading" hyperlinks under each game. Going to bookmark your site and keep up with the progress
Administrator
Prev 1 10575 10576 10577 10578 10579 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 579
Larva 43
NotJumperer 41
Hyun 41
Killer 38
Bale 31
scan(afreeca) 29
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Hm[arnc] 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto133
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Counter-Strike
ceh9551
edward74
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g8262
olofmeister921
Coldzera 700
Happy312
Sick173
crisheroes0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick586
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2324
League of Legends
• Jankos792
• Stunt370
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 47m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.