• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:13
CEST 11:13
KST 18:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7493 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 10578

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10576 10577 10578 10579 10580 10602 Next
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
May 28 2023 16:00 GMT
#211541
On May 28 2023 17:38 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2023 13:03 eieio wrote:
On May 27 2023 10:11 TheEmulator wrote:
On May 27 2023 06:12 eieio wrote:
Fun little update I thought folks here might like: I've built 4 little web games in the past 2 months! I've blogged about all of them over at https://eieio.games/

I am trying to work my way up to a new game every 10 days - we'll see how that goes :o. When I left my last job I started doing all sorts of daytime activities to not get bored and I've been kinda cutting those out as game developing has taken up more of my time.

Just took a quick glance and it looks awesome so far. Gonna try out the games when I get some free time.

What made you decide to use godot btw? I eventually want to try and make a 2d platformer so I’m curious what your thought process was in picking an engine.

Thanks!

Sorry for the wall of text, hope you end up enjoying the games - I'll post some updates here on occasion. And LMK if you ever try to make a game and want to chat!!

I appreciate the wall of text. Did some light research and had no idea Godot was so popular. I guess it's been like 10 years since I've looked into any game dev stuff. If I decide to dabble in it I think I'd choose Godot as well because I'm a sucker for anything free, open source, and lightweight. Not sure I'm a sucker for "scuffed python" tho, but I do know some c# so maybe I just skip GDScript.

The games are great so far (nice touch on putting your own music in). I'm also really enjoying the write-ups on your website. I didn't even notice them at first, but I eventually saw the "keep reading" hyperlinks under each game. Going to bookmark your site and keep up with the progress

Thank you!

I think Godot has jumped a lot in popularity recently. IIRC the most recent Ludum Dare had more folks using Godot than Unity for the first time. But as people like to say "you can build basically anything in any engine" so don't overthink it!

One thing I'll say in Godot's favor on the scuffed python thing is: the way that Godot wants you to write code means that you typically shouldn't be writing too much code for most components - I think my most recent game only had like 1 or 2 files with more than 100 lines of code. So it's not so bad when you're not writing much code in a file and you benefit a lot from writing code really fast. You just start to feel it when you're trying to write bigger stuff. Not trying to scare you away too hard - I'm still using it!
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
May 29 2023 19:54 GMT
#211542
Why is there Formula1 liquipedia, wtf?
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
May 29 2023 22:27 GMT
#211543
On May 30 2023 04:54 Slomo wrote:
Why is there Formula1 liquipedia, wtf?

Apparently there was sizable F1 channel on discord and F1 had woefully inadequate resources, so it was a great match.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
June 04 2023 16:02 GMT
#211544
so are folks playing D4, any D4 players here (i am not, yet)
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-06-04 23:50:15
June 04 2023 23:49 GMT
#211545
On June 05 2023 01:02 eieio wrote:
so are folks playing D4, any D4 players here (i am not, yet)

Nah think I’m gonna pass on it. I’d play the campaign, but don’t think I’m ready to get into an all consuming live service kinda game, I’d rather just play dota or sc or something
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 05 2023 07:36 GMT
#211546
I've dabbled in it. Its kinda tough for me because Street Fighter VI came out at the same time, and I'm visiting family in Vegas to go to watch hockey.

It looks and feels great. I love the way they did the world and reward explorations, and the talents are interesting. Haven't dabbled with actual builds that require specific equipment tho.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 05 2023 14:00 GMT
#211547
I knew it wouldn’t be amazing on release so I didn’t pick it up. I’m banking on the game being good in a year or two.

As expected most of my friends that picked it up just think it’s okay.
Administrator
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
June 05 2023 16:56 GMT
#211548
FWIW I also haven't been playing, considered grabbing it on release just cause it can be fun to play things on release but definitely didn't have the time or interest in grinding all weekend anyway. Definitely doesn't look *bad* but nothing I've watched has made me regret that decision.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
June 06 2023 02:22 GMT
#211549
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
June 06 2023 02:48 GMT
#211550
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 06 2023 03:34 GMT
#211551
Looks like a pair of snowboard goggles.
Administrator
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
June 06 2023 16:36 GMT
#211552
Having phone icons on my face is solving an issue no one has
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-06-06 17:22:24
June 06 2023 16:42 GMT
#211553
On June 05 2023 23:00 TheEmulator wrote:
I knew it wouldn’t be amazing on release so I didn’t pick it up. I’m banking on the game being good in a year or two.

As expected most of my friends that picked it up just think it’s okay.

I just dont like the idea of world scalling, and from the looks of it, neither fans do. They say it feels awful and cheap, level is just a number and itemization is crap.

The problem is that some of the issue people are having with the game are downright to core game systems, so that means changing them its essentially making a new game, so they wont any time soon.

I guess once the first expansion is out they will totally fix the game (like D2 and D3), so i'll just wait for that.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-06-06 21:51:01
June 06 2023 21:29 GMT
#211554
On June 06 2023 11:48 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho

$3500 is wild for what i understand is supposed to be mass-market consumer tech

really curious what applications it can run. the stuff they showed in the ad was just like, excel and video players :/
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-06-07 00:58:42
June 07 2023 00:58 GMT
#211555
On June 07 2023 06:29 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2023 11:48 eieio wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho

$3500 is wild for what i understand is supposed to be mass-market consumer tech

really curious what applications it can run. the stuff they showed in the ad was just like, excel and video players :/

Yeah as a consumer device the price seems pretty high, I was thinking of it as more of a professional device with pricing like their $1,600 monitors or whatever. Like "use this to work from anywhere" or whatever. Harder for me to imagine regular folks buying one but what do I know.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 07 2023 04:55 GMT
#211556
On June 07 2023 06:29 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2023 11:48 eieio wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho

$3500 is wild for what i understand is supposed to be mass-market consumer tech

really curious what applications it can run. the stuff they showed in the ad was just like, excel and video players :/

I'm not sure if thats the case. I thought the presentation made it seem like it for businesses?

The feature of you being able to interact with ur macbook just by looking at it, is super freaking cool. I know Apple gets a lot of shit in gaming spaces, but the interactivity between products is always really cool.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-06-07 13:21:30
June 07 2023 13:10 GMT
#211557
On June 07 2023 09:58 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2023 06:29 PassiveAce wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:48 eieio wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho

$3500 is wild for what i understand is supposed to be mass-market consumer tech

really curious what applications it can run. the stuff they showed in the ad was just like, excel and video players :/

Yeah as a consumer device the price seems pretty high, I was thinking of it as more of a professional device with pricing like their $1,600 monitors or whatever. Like "use this to work from anywhere" or whatever. Harder for me to imagine regular folks buying one but what do I know.

That makes a lot more sense to me. I saw some people on twitter claiming that Apple's hope is to turn this into a mass-adopted platform but it seems like something that's more valuable for corporate work.

On June 07 2023 13:55 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2023 06:29 PassiveAce wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:48 eieio wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho

$3500 is wild for what i understand is supposed to be mass-market consumer tech

really curious what applications it can run. the stuff they showed in the ad was just like, excel and video players :/

I'm not sure if thats the case. I thought the presentation made it seem like it for businesses?

The feature of you being able to interact with ur macbook just by looking at it, is super freaking cool. I know Apple gets a lot of shit in gaming spaces, but the interactivity between products is always really cool.



It feels to me like tech companies are really trying to create a product that will make VR tech seem as indispensable as the iphone. I just dont see it happening any time soon though. Maybe thats too pessimistic and ill eat my words in a couple years when they drop the price on these products.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
June 07 2023 21:59 GMT
#211558
Yo eieio, haven't been able to check out your games yet but I'll be on a 24hr train journey to Scotland starting basically right now so maybe after I wake up tomorrow I'll get to check one out!

I've been spending most of my time indoor climbing and playing POE. A bit too much Poe in the last weeks but now on vacation I'll be weaning off a bit. :-)
passive quaranstream fan
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
June 08 2023 01:27 GMT
#211559
On June 07 2023 06:29 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2023 11:48 eieio wrote:
On June 06 2023 11:22 emperorchampion wrote:
has anyone seen the new apple vision pro thing? to me, it seems way too futuristic and seeing the eyes through the screen was kinda creepy

oh whoa I had not seen this. This is nuts! I knew that some other companies (e.g. Meta) were working on something in this space but hadn't even heard that Apple was doing something. Extremely curious how well it works, feel like there's been a lot of hype for similar things before that hasn't panned out (like magicleap) but would expect that if Apple's advertising it like this then at least parts of the experience must be pretty smooth.

No idea if I'd actually like working like this tho

$3500 is wild for what i understand is supposed to be mass-market consumer tech

really curious what applications it can run. the stuff they showed in the ad was just like, excel and video players :/


From what I understood, it's supposed to have a dual processor setup (R1 for processing all the inputs and M2 for running stuff). M2 is pretty capable even compared with desktop chips. With at least 16 gb ram being likely it should be able to run most things quite well. They also showed some basketball game in one of the ads. Would be ram limited for playing games at native resolutions though, if it was like 16 gb + 8 at least for video then could get to some of the higher res? I imagine streaming from a desktop would be the way to go if you really want to push things rather than run natively.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-06-08 11:08:00
June 08 2023 11:07 GMT
#211560
WHY DOES DIABLO4 FORCE ME TO PLAY WITH OTHER PLAYERS I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY "UNCLEFUCKER6777" WHEN I TELEPORT BACK TO TOWN ITS KINDA NOT GREAT FOR IMMERSION AND THEN UNCLEFUCKER782316z32877 COMES AND KILLS ENEMIES WHAT KINDA FUCKED UP SHIT IS THAT LET ME PLAY DIABLO ALONE??????????????????????????
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Prev 1 10576 10577 10578 10579 10580 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 404
Larva 222
Horang2 205
EffOrt 86
Mind 52
Hyun 51
Killer 49
Bale 41
NotJumperer 37
scan(afreeca) 36
[ Show more ]
Sharp 27
Shinee 15
Hm[arnc] 14
sorry 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto105
League of Legends
JimRising 450
Counter-Strike
olofmeister882
edward85
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7827
Coldzera 687
ceh9652
Happy346
crisheroes169
Sick167
dupreeh46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Jankos1041
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 47m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.