• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:44
CEST 21:44
KST 04:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8135 users

Diablo III - Hotfixes - Page 3

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
darkcloud8282
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada776 Posts
May 23 2012 18:55 GMT
#41
What I hate the most is when they do these ninja hotfixes without saying anything and then post the patch notes when people start raging on their forums..
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 23 2012 18:58 GMT
#42
On May 24 2012 03:46 Noocta wrote:
The whole " We nerf this so hard that you can't use it. We'll remake it later" thing is like.. the most stupid and arrogant thing i've ever seen a developper do about a game.

What, how? It's not like they did it to an entire class. If one skill is breaking the game and they can't figure out a hotfix overnight, should they leave it in until they do? No, take away the broken skill temporarily and take your time to figure out a good fix.
Moderator
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 23 2012 18:58 GMT
#43
On May 24 2012 03:55 darkcloud8282 wrote:
What I hate the most is when they do these ninja hotfixes without saying anything and then post the patch notes when people start raging on their forums..

Yeah this I agree with, they really should have released the patchnotes with the patch rather than wait 24 hours for it. No idea why they chose to do it this way.
Moderator
CustomKal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada749 Posts
May 23 2012 19:23 GMT
#44
Lol at all the wizard complaining. Just go do the crit build. I don't see how they can fix it unless they make it so that the cooldown reduction from crits doesn't apply to defensive spells or something.
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
May 23 2012 19:35 GMT
#45
On May 24 2012 03:50 WirelessWaffle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:20 TheYango wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything just so they can have a chance vs the special packs of demons.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard's express intention with Inferno difficulty was exactly this to begin with. They WANT you to have to grind for absurd gear to progress through Inferno.

I'm not sure why this surprises anyone.


Attempt != progress a significant amount.

I'd say attempt = down leoric with difficulty or maybe get up to butcher and then get mutilated. Right now if they continue the trend of nerf bats people will just be mauling hell difficulty repeatedly until they get enough gear not to get 1 shotted. At which point anything that isn't a tough to brutal affix combo might as well not be in the game cause those mobs will get 1shotted.

So i guess what my thoughts are on this entire thing is that they can either make inferno difficult to the point that no one can get out of new tristram(until a few months from now when people get the gear) or they can make a different difficulty curve so that people can actually do some farming in act one and then see a large jump at a boss at which point they can farm inferno/hell (depending on whether they feel like going god mode or having a challenge) to progress.



You do realise that you are describing exactly what the design philosophy was, and exactly how the game is? You're supposed to farm until you don't get 1 shotted.
.Mystic
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada486 Posts
May 23 2012 19:42 GMT
#46
can someone pm me the act 4 item run, i know the act2 chest run but that was almost completely nerfed...
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 23 2012 19:43 GMT
#47
On May 24 2012 04:23 CustomKal wrote:
Lol at all the wizard complaining. Just go do the crit build. I don't see how they can fix it unless they make it so that the cooldown reduction from crits doesn't apply to defensive spells or something.

Just set it so it doesn't work off DoT crits.
Moderator
Ramong
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark1706 Posts
May 23 2012 19:43 GMT
#48
On May 24 2012 04:35 dmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:50 WirelessWaffle wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:20 TheYango wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything just so they can have a chance vs the special packs of demons.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard's express intention with Inferno difficulty was exactly this to begin with. They WANT you to have to grind for absurd gear to progress through Inferno.

I'm not sure why this surprises anyone.


Attempt != progress a significant amount.

I'd say attempt = down leoric with difficulty or maybe get up to butcher and then get mutilated. Right now if they continue the trend of nerf bats people will just be mauling hell difficulty repeatedly until they get enough gear not to get 1 shotted. At which point anything that isn't a tough to brutal affix combo might as well not be in the game cause those mobs will get 1shotted.

So i guess what my thoughts are on this entire thing is that they can either make inferno difficult to the point that no one can get out of new tristram(until a few months from now when people get the gear) or they can make a different difficulty curve so that people can actually do some farming in act one and then see a large jump at a boss at which point they can farm inferno/hell (depending on whether they feel like going god mode or having a challenge) to progress.



You do realise that you are describing exactly what the design philosophy was, and exactly how the game is? You're supposed to farm until you don't get 1 shotted.


I got a monk with full inferno act 2/3 level 60 yellow gear and some mobs still wreck me instantly after the nerf to my shield.
"Yeah buddy"
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
May 23 2012 19:44 GMT
#49
Does anyone know if melee chars have the 30% physical resistance now? Apparently it wasn't working before?
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
May 23 2012 19:45 GMT
#50
yahhhhhhh every class gets neff except WD :D self-boost +1!!!
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
May 23 2012 19:53 GMT
#51
Update your tooltips blizzard....

Seriously how do you justify making the change but not letting anyone inside the game see it.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
May 23 2012 19:56 GMT
#52
On May 24 2012 04:53 killa_robot wrote:
Update your tooltips blizzard....

Seriously how do you justify making the change but not letting anyone inside the game see it.

They can hotfix the skill to work it since its server side, but tooltips would require a full patch.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 22:06:27
May 23 2012 22:03 GMT
#53
I rerolled from Barb (60) to a Monk (now 60, beat A1 inferno) and used the FoT/BoP set up for harder parts. Now, it's very very hard to kill certain rare packs, some I can't and just have to run by now. Can still farm A1 pretty good, but I might just level up a DH/Wiz to actually be able to farm. Now by barb, I wouldn't care if he got deleted they're so bad.

This game is actually pretty shit to be honest. Not a blizzard class game. Very disappointed.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
.Mystic
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada486 Posts
May 23 2012 22:16 GMT
#54
the balance of this game and variety of skill trees per character for this game compared to d2 is actaully crap... i don't understand what they wanted us to do in inferno
HaRuHi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
1220 Posts
May 23 2012 22:18 GMT
#55
Shouldn't have switched all my gear to non-vitality...
I guess that would be a good point to reroll : /
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
May 23 2012 22:19 GMT
#56
I can't lie. I'm very much enjoying the Wiz/DH tears. "OMG I die so fast.. how can I even do Act2..." Welcome to Diablo 3 Inferno everyone, we (barbs/monks) have been waiting for you.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
May 23 2012 22:43 GMT
#57
On May 24 2012 07:19 crms wrote:
I can't lie. I'm very much enjoying the Wiz/DH tears. "OMG I die so fast.. how can I even do Act2..." Welcome to Diablo 3 Inferno everyone, we (barbs/monks) have been waiting for you.




u must come from an mmo where class envy is rampant. In Diablo everyone plays everything, the accounts are what matters.
That nobody can really enjoy inferno is bad for everyone. I personally signed up for hack and slash like diablo 2, but even with a DH you just kite and run and hope nothing touches you so you can farm those boring random blue and yellow drops.

I find this is the wrong direction and i personally am sad that blizzard seems to want it be this way as the hotfix shows.
w3jjjj
Profile Joined April 2007
United States760 Posts
May 23 2012 22:52 GMT
#58
I don't mind inferno being tough, if it's designed so that you have to grind several month to have the gears to beat it, so be it. Just nerf the elite mobs and buff the bosses. You would still have to clear elites for the nephalem buff so it wouldn't be pure boss runs even if bosses drop the best gear.

My biggest issue is with the skill trees, what was designed to be more customization ended up being less. Yes you have more choices, but most of them don't work in inferno, so you are limited to like 1 build which is purely stupid. At least in D2 you had choices even if some are better than others, in D3 you have no choice, if you want to play inferno you have 1 build.
Chuck Norris can salvage his opponent's structures.
GwSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1997 Posts
May 23 2012 23:14 GMT
#59
On May 24 2012 07:52 w3jjjj wrote:
I don't mind inferno being tough, if it's designed so that you have to grind several month to have the gears to beat it, so be it. Just nerf the elite mobs and buff the bosses. You would still have to clear elites for the nephalem buff so it wouldn't be pure boss runs even if bosses drop the best gear.

My biggest issue is with the skill trees, what was designed to be more customization ended up being less. Yes you have more choices, but most of them don't work in inferno, so you are limited to like 1 build which is purely stupid. At least in D2 you had choices even if some are better than others, in D3 you have no choice, if you want to play inferno you have 1 build.


Saying you are limited to 1 build is a little far. Maybe for some classes. For Witch Doctor at least I have seen more than a few viable builds.
Fugue
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia253 Posts
May 23 2012 23:32 GMT
#60
On May 24 2012 03:18 overt wrote:
While I understand and agree with the DH change to Smokescreen I think it should've come with a reduced discipline cost personally. At 14 Discipline 1 second basically just means it'll be used only as a CC breaker. I'm not even sure I want to run it anymore on DH. I also feel like the Lingering Fog rune is completely worthless now. If I still use Smokescreen I'll probably end up running the improved movespeed rune or the rune that reduces discipline cost.


I think it's abusable in one form or another so long as it doesn't have a CD.
I'm actually surprised that Inferno was beaten using corpse hopping because I would have thought you could just take a DH, build it purely for movespeed and disc regen, and SS your way from checkpoint to checkpoint. Maybe they did that too, I didn't watch.
Though I guess now Vault might be a valid alternative again.

I'm consigned to assuming it'll be months of instability and random changes while they properly test this game. A part of me wants to see a full character reset after balance changes, just before RMAH is ready to go. I doubt it'll happen, but I can hope.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM906
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 906
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub98
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 115
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4943
Liquid`Hasu571
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 13
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade350
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 16m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 16m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.