• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:42
CEST 01:42
KST 08:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8141 users

Diablo III - Hotfixes - Page 2

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
unDef
Profile Joined June 2010
United States85 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 18:18:24
May 23 2012 18:13 GMT
#21
On May 24 2012 03:01 NotSorry wrote:
The Act IV farms are good but Act II chest was the best, 30seconds for 6-8 items (3-4 of them being rare) was how many people made millions


Over the weekend (when I actually had time off) I had spent hours upon hours doing both methods. In the end, the Act IV method made me about four million more (140 MF both times only). I could run it about once a minute as a wizard. 80% of the items I sold were 900-1100 damage weapons. If it is Mira, simply remake and re-do. I learned if you position tyrael about 10 yards from an edge, the close range boss will be stuck and there is zero kiting involved. The best part about it, is you can sacrifice as much damage as you want. You literally can have 0 dps and let Tyrael kill the boss. He hits on average about 30k per swing.

The issue people have with Magic Finding is that they get bored, and stop. You cannot get an accurate representation a farming spot unless you have done it at least 50 times. It takes time, just like anything else. You simply cannot do it for 20 minutes, get no items and complain it is a horrible spot.

I am glad they fixed the chest spot though. In my opinion, all "farm" spots need fixed. People who have the time (like me on the weekends) can absolutely exploit the hell out of the market. Prices will go down, yes. But, people will have such easier access to better equiptment and that great feeling when you get an awesome weapon upgraded diminishes, taking away from the game.
Excuse me wat
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
May 23 2012 18:13 GMT
#22
Basically how most people feel:

Happy with the class balance changes.

Not happy with the state of the game.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
May 23 2012 18:16 GMT
#23
Pretty much. As long as having all the vit + resist gear in the world makes you get 2-shot instead of 1-shot, inferno is broken.
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
May 23 2012 18:16 GMT
#24
I hope they nerf more and buff inferno a bunch. Inferno was supposed to take months remember? Certainly not 3-4 days.
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
May 23 2012 18:18 GMT
#25
While I understand and agree with the DH change to Smokescreen I think it should've come with a reduced discipline cost personally. At 14 Discipline 1 second basically just means it'll be used only as a CC breaker. I'm not even sure I want to run it anymore on DH. I also feel like the Lingering Fog rune is completely worthless now. If I still use Smokescreen I'll probably end up running the improved movespeed rune or the rune that reduces discipline cost.

Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 18:29:20
May 23 2012 18:19 GMT
#26
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything(not including brutal affixes obv) to have a chance vs the special packs of demons.
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 18:20:51
May 23 2012 18:20 GMT
#27
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything just so they can have a chance vs the special packs of demons.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard's express intention with Inferno difficulty was exactly this to begin with. They WANT you to have to grind for absurd gear to progress through Inferno.

I'm not sure why this surprises anyone.
Moderator
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 18:28:05
May 23 2012 18:21 GMT
#28
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything to have a chance vs the special packs of demons.


That's the point. You can't overgear the content. Even with godly act 4 gear, people will get pulverized if they run into mobs with bad affixes in acts 2 and 3. The bosses are hilariously easy in comparison.

EDIT: If you double mob health and damage done, it'll make Inferno "harder". But the point is that there is a cap on what gear you can have.

In WoW terms, imagine if the best gear in game is what was available 2 tiers ago. You can have the best gear in the game, but your tanks will still get obliterated, and even if they survive your dps is so low that you'll hit the enrage timers.

Of course 3-6 months from now they'll nerf stuff across the board and introduce new items that are absurdly broken compared to what's possible in-game today. But the point is right now it's impossible.

Getting like 5k dps and 100k additional effective health by improving "amazing" gear to "best-possible-rolls-in-game" gear isn't even going to let you survive an additional hit.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
May 23 2012 18:24 GMT
#29
On May 24 2012 03:21 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything to have a chance vs the special packs of demons.


That's the point. You can't overgear the content. Even with godly act 4 gear, people will get pulverized if they run into mobs with bad affixes in acts 2 and 3. The bosses are hilariously easy in comparison.


Nah man, you just have to wait a few months. Then people will get the super ultra rare drops that will let any class solo Inferno like it's nothing.
HardlyNever
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1258 Posts
May 23 2012 18:24 GMT
#30
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything to have a chance vs the special packs of demons.


For me at least, it wasn't a feeling of "bring you down to me" as much as "Oh, I chose the wrong class." I was watching my brother and his friend (both wizards) solo farm inferno, while I could barely make it to the crypts with my own admittedly broken monk build. Why bother when I could just play a better class?

It was sort of a similar feeling like when you played D2 for the very first time, and made your own character. You realize you won't be able to progress past a certain point because you chose the wrong build, without having any information otherwise.

At least all the classes have to gear up now. I was just going to level a DH and farm gear for the rest of my classes tbh.
Out there, the Kid learned to fend for himself. Learned to build. Learned to break.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
May 23 2012 18:24 GMT
#31
i uninstalled, game full of exploits that some people were able to abuse for a week, inferno completely broken, classes had broken skills that simply got nerf-hammered in a hotfix...not going to buy a blizzard game again just because its from blizzard.
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
May 23 2012 18:25 GMT
#32
On May 24 2012 03:21 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything to have a chance vs the special packs of demons.


That's the point. You can't overgear the content. Even with godly act 4 gear, people will get pulverized if they run into mobs with bad affixes in acts 2 and 3. The bosses are hilariously easy in comparison.


That's what I was saying tho, if you stand a chance vs affixes that aren't completely brutal (haven't seen a horde invuln fast yet and don't want to) you will crush everything else to the point of laughability.

I'll edit my first post to say "overgear everything (not including brutal affixes obv)"
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
May 23 2012 18:26 GMT
#33
I'm kind of surprised they didn't just change it so you can't attack while smoke screened, so it would still be useful as a get away/defensive play and not as an offensive, go invulnerable and kill as much stuff as you can during that time ability. 1-1.5 seconds may save you with perfect timeing on some things, but it probably won't give you time to get away from fast moving elites or walling enemies with ranged attacks. It certainly wasn't a good design the way they had it, but I don't know that this was the correct solution.
GwSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1997 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-23 18:34:39
May 23 2012 18:34 GMT
#34
I feel like they should have tuned Hell to be much more difficult. I think if Hell was very hard, and people really had to work at it and got a real sense of accomplishment from finishing Hell, there wouldn't be near this amount of complaining. Instead people are flying through Nightmare and Hell and getting crushed on Inferno. Inferno is meant to be extremely hard, even unreasonably so. Everything else is probably too easy.
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
May 23 2012 18:38 GMT
#35
Wizards can still mass crit so I think they are fine. No vit build wasn't even that good for non boss fights as any DoT killed you. It's a big nerf to boss fights and random 1 hits will occur but with good gear wizards will be fine.

By the way wasn't the 30% damage change for monks and barbarians also changed recently or did i misread that?
dmfg
Profile Joined May 2008
United Kingdom591 Posts
May 23 2012 18:38 GMT
#36
On May 24 2012 03:16 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Pretty much. As long as having all the vit + resist gear in the world makes you get 2-shot instead of 1-shot, inferno is broken.


On the contrary, since the intention of inferno is to be as close as possible to impossible without actually being impossible, it's working perfectly (even better now than it was at launch).

Everyone has this expectation that they should be able to complete inferno, which is so not the point of it. You need to be willing to put in the time to farm the acts one by one to progress, and if you don't want to do that you can go and play hell.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
May 23 2012 18:39 GMT
#37
Kinda hard when you need act 3 and act 4 gear to do act 2.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 23 2012 18:46 GMT
#38
I really like the wizard changes, brings it in line with other classes yet not completely making Force Armor useless. Since I only play a wizard I can't comment on the other changes.
Moderator
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 23 2012 18:46 GMT
#39
The whole " We nerf this so hard that you can't use it. We'll remake it later" thing is like.. the most stupid and arrogant thing i've ever seen a developper do about a game.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
May 23 2012 18:50 GMT
#40
On May 24 2012 03:20 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 03:19 WirelessWaffle wrote:
On May 24 2012 03:13 w3jjjj wrote:
Misery loves company, funny how non wizard people are so happy that now wizards must suffer like they do. If everyone suffers then it's equality right?


YOU CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD AND I CAN'T ??

I don't want buffs to bring me to your level, I WANT YOU TO SUFFER! I AM THE LORD OF QQ!

I understand the change on the change on the wizard (being able to be a tank with a glass cannon build is dumb) but I really hope they toss some buffs around so people can actually attempt inferno after hell without farming for a week so they overgear everything just so they can have a chance vs the special packs of demons.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard's express intention with Inferno difficulty was exactly this to begin with. They WANT you to have to grind for absurd gear to progress through Inferno.

I'm not sure why this surprises anyone.


Attempt != progress a significant amount.

I'd say attempt = down leoric with difficulty or maybe get up to butcher and then get mutilated. Right now if they continue the trend of nerf bats people will just be mauling hell difficulty repeatedly until they get enough gear not to get 1 shotted. At which point anything that isn't a tough to brutal affix combo might as well not be in the game cause those mobs will get 1shotted.

So i guess what my thoughts are on this entire thing is that they can either make inferno difficult to the point that no one can get out of new tristram(until a few months from now when people get the gear) or they can make a different difficulty curve so that people can actually do some farming in act one and then see a large jump at a boss at which point they can farm inferno/hell (depending on whether they feel like going god mode or having a challenge) to progress.

Crispy Bacon craving overload.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings60
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 877
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
Doublelift5307
JimRising 774
Other Games
summit1g9572
FrodaN3366
KnowMe197
C9.Mang0194
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie874
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 18m
Replay Cast
23h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.