• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:33
CEST 00:33
KST 07:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7245 users

POLL: Macro Booster Community Feedback - Page 6

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2667 Posts
September 15 2015 08:34 GMT
#101
On September 14 2015 20:33 ElitePlaying wrote:
Awfully biased poll, just 'I love SC1 it's the best game ever, I want everything to be like SC1' syndrom.. that's what it is. And no one complained for the boosters that they existed since WoL... - this is part of what made SC2 what it is, scan or MULE for example..

Zerg's inject could have been made easier but not autocast where it makes things better for Z than any other race, but for T and P esp T yes we terrans where a look at the base can cause a baneling spash - it didnt take pro skill to casually click 'Drop a MULE' (calldown MULE)


What? People used to whine about mules since they got introduced. Basically, everyone complained about the boosters depending on what race was most dominant at the time.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Phaenoman
Profile Joined February 2013
568 Posts
September 15 2015 09:22 GMT
#102
On September 15 2015 17:34 gTank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2015 20:33 ElitePlaying wrote:
Awfully biased poll, just 'I love SC1 it's the best game ever, I want everything to be like SC1' syndrom.. that's what it is. And no one complained for the boosters that they existed since WoL... - this is part of what made SC2 what it is, scan or MULE for example..

Zerg's inject could have been made easier but not autocast where it makes things better for Z than any other race, but for T and P esp T yes we terrans where a look at the base can cause a baneling spash - it didnt take pro skill to casually click 'Drop a MULE' (calldown MULE)


What? People used to whine about mules since they got introduced. Basically, everyone complained about the boosters depending on what race was most dominant at the time.

I never played BW. But playing sc2 without the macro boosters felt so much better.
Random is hard work dude...
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
September 15 2015 09:51 GMT
#103
On September 13 2015 23:52 Ovid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2015 23:40 Little-Chimp wrote:
Not only is no macro boosters more fun, but also helps balance the metagame away from mass cheap unit type stuff and slows the game down slightly to a favorable pace where worker deaths matter more.

Bye bye giant zergling balls winning or losing 90% of zvz, or Terran being played like zerg. And yes, Terran had an extremely difficult time at first with no mules, but this can be fixed with some balance changes. In fact, balance of the game in general would be easier with removal of such massively variable mechanics.

At this point the only "issue" is that zerg would be a little easier than the other two, which is either a non issue or an easily solvable one by just giving zerg something else to do that isnt inject.



Guessing you've never played at beyond gold league if you think "zergling balls" = 90% of ZvZ


Ling allin and LingBaneAllin was still 90% of ZvZ in Diamond. Roach wars were really uncommon since it depends of IF you can wall your ramp....
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
September 15 2015 10:46 GMT
#104
I noticed since first day that zerg has a too big focus on economy-simulation strategy. Never liked it.

All MM have to go. We need more focus on army than economy.
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
14CC
Profile Blog Joined May 2015
93 Posts
September 15 2015 11:51 GMT
#105
I like these macro mechanics the way they used to be. When I watch my low lvl friends play (diamond/master leaguers) their problem usually is lack of game understanding; their injecting is almost always spot on.

While it doesn't really change much making mules and injecting auto-cast (there will still be situations where it's better to inject manually), I'm worried about the change to chrono-boost; they're essentially taking away the ability to pool chrono boost which is going to take away depth from the early and mid game build orders.
Deleted User 132135
Profile Joined December 2010
702 Posts
September 15 2015 11:54 GMT
#106
I am glad to see that the majority of people intuitionally votes for the right thing. Macro mechanics schould be either removed or reduced to roughly 1/3 of their efficiency. For a better metagame!
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
September 15 2015 12:09 GMT
#107
What do you guys think we can do to improve this poll and have Blizzard notice it?

Any ideas?
KT_Elwood
Profile Joined July 2015
Germany1198 Posts
September 15 2015 12:10 GMT
#108
As long as you can not come up with a samplesize of at least 150-1000 games, F you and your subjective opinion about what "zvz is now 95% of all the times in High Diamond".
Thank you.

Half-ass auto Mule and Chronoboost sucks.

Chronoboost:
One can never see what Nexus is actually casting chrono right now. And you have to single-select every nexus to chrono. Interface-wise it sucks. If you are chronobooting 4 structures (forge,forge, Robo, Robo bay) but you need to go (forge,Forge, Robo, Robo) you better go to every nexus, select chrono back on nexus 4x, then in reverse order nexus-building 4x.

Mule:
Even worse.
Terran could always get additional commandcenters, now almost useless when not yet planted at a mineral line. Also if a base mines out, you better relocate the CC, or hit 1/4 of your mules manually, and better watch the cooldown.
While 3/4 of the mules are now mining automatically.
Also the mule-Timing. If you mule after a trade-off, when your's and the opponent's Army count is low, you can spam mules, and protect the base you are spamming at (just an example).
Same goes for hidden bases.
And because every base is mining out faster now, terran has to relocate one CC every 4-6 mins.

So for Terran and Protoss, the Half-Ass-Auto things are crap. It is beyond annoying if you have to work around the flaws manually. Making it a "macro Waypoint" in orange would help very much, at least for protoss (also if you can just CG all nexi and Spam Chrono in a circle...or you can select the boosted building and transfer chrono directly without clicking nexus)


Auto-Inject or removed inject ?
Does not matter. If you remove the inject you got to balance the larva production.Both result in Zerg getting automated production capable of mass-reproduce without any skill. Queens will be build either way, to defend and spread creep.
Inject is what defined zerg macro. It was hard, and it was unforgiving. But so was forgetting to build or use Barracks and Cycles of Warp-ins.
But yes it is not fun. It is hard, just for the sake of being hard, and instead of building the correct production facilities at the right time, in the right place, it was pretty mindnumbing. More Larva, always good.

Zerg without having to do injects is very fun, sending out never ending rivers of ling bling against protoss :D so good.
"But the Game is so fast now!" Yeah, so it is for terran and protoss.

Zerg with automated Larva, be it inject or just the hatch, feeels wrong for the other races. Or you add a spell that instantly calls down units for unspent resources like in the Campaign (WoL)

The fact that some matches TEND to be dominated by low-Tier units (looking especially at Terran streams by Demuslim, and Narut0 from TakeTV) is based on the 12 Worker start and need of spending your ressources very fast into mobile units.
TvT is now marine tank again ( I LOVE THAT BTW) . Marines in greater numbers are good vs. almost any Terran unit in low numbers.
You simply don't have the time to get into mech, at least right now, so you go with marines and add tanks later.

Vs Protoss terran need to fight of the cannonpylons, the adepts, the warp prism. Again Bio, as always is the way to go. + Lib harass






"First he eats our dogs, and then he taxes the penguins... Donald Trump truly is the Donald Trump of our generation. " -DPB
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
September 15 2015 15:30 GMT
#109
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Bazik
Profile Joined September 2010
Portugal104 Posts
September 15 2015 15:51 GMT
#110
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


So did I and I loved it. Care to actually have an argument or are we just discussing opinions here?
shenlong
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
219 Posts
September 15 2015 16:13 GMT
#111
I've actually cancled my pre-order of sc2 LOTV because of the direction they're taking with the game. I really liked when they took away mules and chrono boost but when they added it back, and even buffing mechanics that i was hoping they'd take away, such as photon overcharge, I just gave up hope.

I really hope that blizzard sees this thread and takes it into consideration.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
September 15 2015 16:41 GMT
#112
I dislike that the macro mechanics boost the economy, i like that they make the game harder mechanically.
If you remove them ADD something macro related to the game (at least for zerg)
That would be my initial opinion i guess.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
September 15 2015 16:55 GMT
#113
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


False, I've played 300+ games and no MM was great, minus auto inject which is terrible.
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
September 15 2015 17:06 GMT
#114
On September 16 2015 01:55 Little-Chimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


False, I've played 300+ games and no MM was great, minus auto inject which is terrible.


On September 16 2015 00:51 Bazik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


So did I and I loved it. Care to actually have an argument or are we just discussing opinions here?



Okay, guys, please tell me why. Now, when I say I love the macro mechanics keep in mind I feel they do not detract from ANYTHING since they are literally only a second or so of your time of your time, they are not that hard, and 2 of them actually make for some interesting choices (occasionally).

Do you feel that looking at your base for 1-2 seconds every minute+ is detracting from the battles? Do you prefer the game being SUPER slow (it was for Terran at least, didnt get anywhere near maxing or having the money required for nice sim cities/upgrades).

The battles were the same for me, but less often since people were afraid to move out. If you lost workers on both sides the game essentially went to a slow crawl with huge times between action. Less expanding since you don't mine out bases as fast, making less multipronged attacks. More crazy all ins designed to take out workers that made the game incredibly random and slow. At least that was my experience.

What do you really think it brings to the table, you can't possibly tell me the macro mechanics took away from battles or micro?
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
September 15 2015 17:07 GMT
#115
On September 16 2015 01:55 Little-Chimp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


False, I've played 300+ games and no MM was great, minus auto inject which is terrible.


He didn't specify you.

The game feels lackluster, I play SC2 because it's the most engaging game out there, the fact that I feel my actions are often useless (although in theory you can endlessly move your army most of the time it's worthless or doesn't require all my actions/speed)
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
September 15 2015 17:35 GMT
#116
On September 16 2015 02:06 DooMDash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 01:55 Little-Chimp wrote:
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


False, I've played 300+ games and no MM was great, minus auto inject which is terrible.


Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 00:51 Bazik wrote:
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


So did I and I loved it. Care to actually have an argument or are we just discussing opinions here?



Okay, guys, please tell me why. Now, when I say I love the macro mechanics keep in mind I feel they do not detract from ANYTHING since they are literally only a second or so of your time of your time, they are not that hard, and 2 of them actually make for some interesting choices (occasionally).

Do you feel that looking at your base for 1-2 seconds every minute+ is detracting from the battles? Do you prefer the game being SUPER slow (it was for Terran at least, didnt get anywhere near maxing or having the money required for nice sim cities/upgrades).

The battles were the same for me, but less often since people were afraid to move out. If you lost workers on both sides the game essentially went to a slow crawl with huge times between action. Less expanding since you don't mine out bases as fast, making less multipronged attacks. More crazy all ins designed to take out workers that made the game incredibly random and slow. At least that was my experience.

What do you really think it brings to the table, you can't possibly tell me the macro mechanics took away from battles or micro?


Terran being shitty without mule is a balance issue and doesn't excuse having macro mechanics in there. Terran needed adjusting numbers wise, they didn't necessarily need the Mule back. Personally no, I don't mind injecting at all but they are unecessary and I'm pretty sure if blizz could go back and do it all again, macro boosters would be left out. I LOVE that killing workers meant something without macro boosters

For me it goes properly balanced game without MM>>> hots macro mechanics >>>> this new halfway shit >>>>autocast stuff

hitpoint
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-15 17:51:56
September 15 2015 17:38 GMT
#117
On September 15 2015 14:10 DooMDash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2015 13:50 hitpoint wrote:
On September 15 2015 13:23 DooMDash wrote:
On September 15 2015 13:09 WrathSCII wrote:
On September 15 2015 12:03 DooMDash wrote:
Can't believe the results I'm seeing.


What did you expect?

I figured TL of all places would enjoy the macro mechanics. This poll scares me.


Macro is awesome. Macro mechanics are the best part of the game. And by that I mean building supply, units, and structures. Macro boosters are cancer and make the game too volatile. That said, anything is better than automation.


I always felt it was consistent. Can you explain why you feel this way? I always felt it was just a quirk of the race, like anything else unique to that race. I like that they are different, the same way I appreciate the other differences.


So many ugly things about this game stem from these macro boosters. Cheeses, allins, and imbalances. Not to mention they only speed up the game, which just makes it harder to scout dangerous things. Pros have been saying since the start of WoL that the game is ridiculously fast compared to BW. More specifically though, here are some things I hate about macro boosters.

Terran losing huge amounts of SCVs and it barely even matters = bad.

Terran sacrificing all their SCVs late game to have a large army is something I hate with a burning passion.

Terran pulling the boys but it's okay because they have orbitals = volatility.

Protoss always being ahead on upgrades = volatility.

Protoss gimmicks become ultra strong with chrono = volatility.

Zerg losing their whole army and then remaxing a different comp = volatility. Yes, it may be fun and entertaining but does it really make the game better? I'm not sure.

Zerg pooling larvae in zvz and suddenly wins the game with 30 speedlings when he sees the other guy hatching drones = volatility.

A defending Zerg losing two queens to harass, and then having their crippled production snowball into 2k banked minerals and a slow painful death = volatility.

Not to mention, mule is not a macro mechanic. Macro is building units, and structures. "Macro mechanic" is a phrase that get's thrown around, but for terran it really is just an economy "booster". Terran get's free income spikes at no cost, not even attention. There is no cooldown on mules, or penalty for missing them as long as your energy doesn't cap. Terran's real "macro mechanic" that can be compared with chrono and inject is having to build addons. So the mule, as a "macro mechanic," only makes the game worse in every regard. If terran is a bad race without mules, then that's something to be addressed through balance patches. Maybe then they can buff the siege tank finally.

Also, I think zerg would actually get much harder to play if inject was removed and we could only build from larvae that hatcheries naturally spawned. Instead of just using 20 larvae at once we would need to hit production cycles, essentially, to keep from being capped. Which is WAY harder than injecting every once in a while, and then building all of our units at once. Except that queens are no longer a source of vulnerability, which also adds stability to the game.
It's spelled LOSE not LOOSE.
MonkeyBot
Profile Joined June 2013
United States125 Posts
September 15 2015 17:40 GMT
#118
Thanks for making this OP. It seems to be the type of thing that help the Beta process, as long as people are being honest about what they've played and are not theorycrafting.
Deleted User 132135
Profile Joined December 2010
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-15 17:45:55
September 15 2015 17:42 GMT
#119
On September 16 2015 00:51 Bazik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2015 00:30 DooMDash wrote:
I doubt many people who answered this poll even played the beta in the removed macro state. I played hundreds of games and it felt awful.


So did I and I loved it. Care to actually have an argument or are we just discussing opinions here?


He probably doesn't evaluate design but the balance during this period.
crazedrat
Profile Joined July 2015
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-15 18:49:12
September 15 2015 18:48 GMT
#120
During that period the game was alot slower and build orders all seemed streamlined into CC first / triple hatch / nexus 1st, etc. The game went from being very volatile to almost no volatility. It wasn't a perfect design. I think it was an interesting novelty but it was too slow and bland.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 274
White-Ra 177
firebathero 86
910 47
NaDa 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever152
NeuroSwarm132
Super Smash Bros
PPMD72
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8828
Liquid`Hasu1557
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8560
Liquid`RaSZi3372
shahzam574
JimRising 315
B2W.Neo179
Pyrionflax171
C9.Mang0142
ArmadaUGS97
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream311
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade906
Other Games
• imaqtpie1104
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 28m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.