• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:15
CEST 17:15
KST 00:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8005 users

POLL: Macro Booster Community Feedback - Page 11

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
AgamemnonSC2
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada254 Posts
September 18 2015 02:50 GMT
#201
On September 18 2015 10:37 Raionus wrote:
This patch is absolutely ridiculous. Heart of the Swarm 2.0. No comments, no explanation. Is the "design team" actually trying to design anything or were they just screwing around the past months?

I thought we had some momentum going and what we get is even worse than the auto mechanics.


I must agree that the lack of explanation on decisions in design is really frustrating.
Co-Founder of SC2 Mistakes
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
September 18 2015 03:45 GMT
#202
On September 18 2015 09:30 AgamemnonSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 09:07 Cyro wrote:
On September 18 2015 07:20 AgamemnonSC2 wrote:
It's funny. I played both WOL and HOTS for years with Chronoboost (I play protoss), and I never had a single complaint about it being in the game. In fact, I don't think I ever even questioned whether it should be in the game or not.

Until one day during the LOTV beta, Blizzard removed Chrono. My initial thoughts were: "Wow, that is a brave move by Blizzard! Such a fundamental change. They have guts. I'm glad to see that they are willing to make big changes for the benefit of the game." I was really impressed. Didn't know if it was good or bad, just impressed that they would try something so drastic.

Then I played. And I LOVED IT!!! I didn't know how nice it felt to not play with Chrono until it was gone. Timings became more predictable. I could focus more on my army, buildings, research. It also made me feel that I could really start to improve. You see, lower level players like myself, probably use Chrono (and to an extent Mules), after making a mistake or falling behind. It felt like a crutch to me now. For example: "Oh crap, he has DTs, CHRONO OUT THE OBSERVER!!!" As opposed to, scouting well and knowing that my opponent is probably going DTs.

I feel like Chrono and Mules essentially bail you out if you screw up. And therefore it's harder to learn and get better.

Bottom line, I was enjoying the game so much more!

The game was imbalanced of course. But from a design perspective, I just loved it. I was looking forward to the next patch, that would (hopefully) have some number/cost/time tweaks to help balance the game out further.

It never happened.

The very next patch Blizzard released saw the reintroduction of Macro Boosters in a different form. Automated Macro, sort-of. I hated it. And it killed my desire to play. I loved having no Chrono, but I disliked having my Chrono automated.

So, I made this poll.

Which I would have never done if Blizzard hadn't teased me with a game patch that I fell in love with.


Now is the time to post it everywhere and get in their throats. They'll never remove macro mechanics if it goes live in 8 weeks.


Help please, I don't know what else to do.


The only thing that you can do at this point is try to get rid of David Kim. It's something the community should have tried years ago. People forget that Kim is responsible for almost every problem that we have in Starcraft 2, and has almost completely ignored community feedback since the inception of the game.

Michael Morhaime is the CEO of Blizzard. If you really care, you can try to contact him in some way. Maybe twitter. Maybe email, or a physical letter. If enough people do it, he might get the message and finally get Kim out of Starcraft.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
Dickbutt
Profile Joined May 2015
Korea (North)129 Posts
September 18 2015 05:00 GMT
#203
On September 18 2015 12:45 SCST wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 09:30 AgamemnonSC2 wrote:
On September 18 2015 09:07 Cyro wrote:
On September 18 2015 07:20 AgamemnonSC2 wrote:
It's funny. I played both WOL and HOTS for years with Chronoboost (I play protoss), and I never had a single complaint about it being in the game. In fact, I don't think I ever even questioned whether it should be in the game or not.

Until one day during the LOTV beta, Blizzard removed Chrono. My initial thoughts were: "Wow, that is a brave move by Blizzard! Such a fundamental change. They have guts. I'm glad to see that they are willing to make big changes for the benefit of the game." I was really impressed. Didn't know if it was good or bad, just impressed that they would try something so drastic.

Then I played. And I LOVED IT!!! I didn't know how nice it felt to not play with Chrono until it was gone. Timings became more predictable. I could focus more on my army, buildings, research. It also made me feel that I could really start to improve. You see, lower level players like myself, probably use Chrono (and to an extent Mules), after making a mistake or falling behind. It felt like a crutch to me now. For example: "Oh crap, he has DTs, CHRONO OUT THE OBSERVER!!!" As opposed to, scouting well and knowing that my opponent is probably going DTs.

I feel like Chrono and Mules essentially bail you out if you screw up. And therefore it's harder to learn and get better.

Bottom line, I was enjoying the game so much more!

The game was imbalanced of course. But from a design perspective, I just loved it. I was looking forward to the next patch, that would (hopefully) have some number/cost/time tweaks to help balance the game out further.

It never happened.

The very next patch Blizzard released saw the reintroduction of Macro Boosters in a different form. Automated Macro, sort-of. I hated it. And it killed my desire to play. I loved having no Chrono, but I disliked having my Chrono automated.

So, I made this poll.

Which I would have never done if Blizzard hadn't teased me with a game patch that I fell in love with.


Now is the time to post it everywhere and get in their throats. They'll never remove macro mechanics if it goes live in 8 weeks.


Help please, I don't know what else to do.


The only thing that you can do at this point is try to get rid of David Kim. It's something the community should have tried years ago. People forget that Kim is responsible for almost every problem that we have in Starcraft 2, and has almost completely ignored community feedback since the inception of the game.

Michael Morhaime is the CEO of Blizzard. If you really care, you can try to contact him in some way. Maybe twitter. Maybe email, or a physical letter. If enough people do it, he might get the message and finally get Kim out of Starcraft.

David Kim's ideas aren't the problem, it's that he has to make everything a dick size competition with Brood War. He wants to try as hard as he can to make the game better than Brood War while making it as far off from Brood War as possible without angering hundreds of thousands of people.
스타일, 스타트, 스베누!
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
September 18 2015 05:47 GMT
#204
On September 18 2015 14:00 Dickbutt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 12:45 SCST wrote:
On September 18 2015 09:30 AgamemnonSC2 wrote:
On September 18 2015 09:07 Cyro wrote:
On September 18 2015 07:20 AgamemnonSC2 wrote:
It's funny. I played both WOL and HOTS for years with Chronoboost (I play protoss), and I never had a single complaint about it being in the game. In fact, I don't think I ever even questioned whether it should be in the game or not.

Until one day during the LOTV beta, Blizzard removed Chrono. My initial thoughts were: "Wow, that is a brave move by Blizzard! Such a fundamental change. They have guts. I'm glad to see that they are willing to make big changes for the benefit of the game." I was really impressed. Didn't know if it was good or bad, just impressed that they would try something so drastic.

Then I played. And I LOVED IT!!! I didn't know how nice it felt to not play with Chrono until it was gone. Timings became more predictable. I could focus more on my army, buildings, research. It also made me feel that I could really start to improve. You see, lower level players like myself, probably use Chrono (and to an extent Mules), after making a mistake or falling behind. It felt like a crutch to me now. For example: "Oh crap, he has DTs, CHRONO OUT THE OBSERVER!!!" As opposed to, scouting well and knowing that my opponent is probably going DTs.

I feel like Chrono and Mules essentially bail you out if you screw up. And therefore it's harder to learn and get better.

Bottom line, I was enjoying the game so much more!

The game was imbalanced of course. But from a design perspective, I just loved it. I was looking forward to the next patch, that would (hopefully) have some number/cost/time tweaks to help balance the game out further.

It never happened.

The very next patch Blizzard released saw the reintroduction of Macro Boosters in a different form. Automated Macro, sort-of. I hated it. And it killed my desire to play. I loved having no Chrono, but I disliked having my Chrono automated.

So, I made this poll.

Which I would have never done if Blizzard hadn't teased me with a game patch that I fell in love with.


Now is the time to post it everywhere and get in their throats. They'll never remove macro mechanics if it goes live in 8 weeks.


Help please, I don't know what else to do.


The only thing that you can do at this point is try to get rid of David Kim. It's something the community should have tried years ago. People forget that Kim is responsible for almost every problem that we have in Starcraft 2, and has almost completely ignored community feedback since the inception of the game.

Michael Morhaime is the CEO of Blizzard. If you really care, you can try to contact him in some way. Maybe twitter. Maybe email, or a physical letter. If enough people do it, he might get the message and finally get Kim out of Starcraft.

David Kim's ideas aren't the problem, it's that he has to make everything a dick size competition with Brood War. He wants to try as hard as he can to make the game better than Brood War while making it as far off from Brood War as possible without angering hundreds of thousands of people.


Doesn't matter why David Kim thinks the way he does, or how he justifies his decisions. Because the community can't change either of those things. All that matters are the results of David Kim's decisions, which are bad. The game is less "fun". And as a consequence, viewer and player populations are declining.

The most important factors for Starcraft 2 are "fun", # players and # viewers, whilst still maintaining the "essence of Starcraft" (the strategic and tactical depth that is associated with the brand). Kim has failed in regards to improving any of these metrics for the last 5 years. He should go, plain and simple.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
crazedrat
Profile Joined July 2015
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 06:10:30
September 18 2015 06:05 GMT
#205
You will never get any response from the CEO of Blizzard, I promise you.
RTSDealer
Profile Joined December 2011
286 Posts
September 18 2015 07:15 GMT
#206
Removing these Macroboosters is the answer to make this game alive again.
rtsdealer.com - I love Dota 2 and Starcraft 2
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 18 2015 09:29 GMT
#207
I guess 26% won.
L3monsta
Profile Joined May 2012
New Zealand149 Posts
September 18 2015 09:39 GMT
#208
On September 18 2015 16:15 RTSDealer wrote:
Removing these Macroboosters is the answer to make this game alive again.

This is so true. It makes me sad how soon the game is coming out because Blizzard would never be bold enough or have enough time to do what it takes.
AgamemnonSC2
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada254 Posts
September 18 2015 11:23 GMT
#209
On September 18 2015 18:29 -Archangel- wrote:
I guess 26% won.

Co-Founder of SC2 Mistakes
Eldakar
Profile Joined September 2015
5 Posts
September 18 2015 11:46 GMT
#210
Without macroboosters gameplay sc2 realy fun.

Strategy > Clicking!!!
CheddarToss
Profile Joined September 2015
534 Posts
September 18 2015 12:15 GMT
#211
Watching the GSL games today makes me feel strongly that macro mechanics shouldn't be part of this game.
AgamemnonSC2
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada254 Posts
September 18 2015 14:38 GMT
#212
I think the poll's choices description is still fairly accurate with the new Sept 17 patch. So keep voting I guess!
Co-Founder of SC2 Mistakes
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
September 18 2015 14:50 GMT
#213
On September 18 2015 21:15 CheddarToss wrote:
Watching the GSL games today makes me feel strongly that macro mechanics shouldn't be part of this game.


That is the community's thought! But DK will come "You see? Without the MULEs, Maru would not make the come back and give us this awesome match. So MM stays!"
Little-Chimp
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada951 Posts
September 18 2015 14:54 GMT
#214
The revert back to HOTS MM might not be permanent, it's still testing. Relax on the David Kim bashing. If anything, it's the higher ups pushing him to finish it up quickly as possible rather than his decision. I'm sure he's trying his hardest
Mahiriens
Profile Joined September 2015
Finland12 Posts
September 18 2015 15:08 GMT
#215
On September 18 2015 23:54 Little-Chimp wrote:
The revert back to HOTS MM might not be permanent, it's still testing. Relax on the David Kim bashing. If anything, it's the higher ups pushing him to finish it up quickly as possible rather than his decision. I'm sure he's trying his hardest



This. People need to realize that blizz is a business company, and david kim and the sc2 team are far from the top of the foodchain. They probably dont get to make calls about when the game is released etc, their job is the multiplayer, witch is after all not the franchises main selling point. And now when the campaign seems to be ready the game needs to be released, and their job right now is to make multiplayer playable. Big changes might still come tho, as they said they will patch lotv frequently and introduce changes after release more frequently than in the past. So dont give up hope just yet.
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
September 18 2015 15:16 GMT
#216
On September 19 2015 00:08 Mahiriens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2015 23:54 Little-Chimp wrote:
The revert back to HOTS MM might not be permanent, it's still testing. Relax on the David Kim bashing. If anything, it's the higher ups pushing him to finish it up quickly as possible rather than his decision. I'm sure he's trying his hardest



This. People need to realize that blizz is a business company, and david kim and the sc2 team are far from the top of the foodchain. They probably dont get to make calls about when the game is released etc, their job is the multiplayer, witch is after all not the franchises main selling point. And now when the campaign seems to be ready the game needs to be released, and their job right now is to make multiplayer playable. Big changes might still come tho, as they said they will patch lotv frequently and introduce changes after release more frequently than in the past. So dont give up hope just yet.


I completely understand all of that. But seriously for how long are we going to make excuses for him not even doing his job? Do a simple review for the beta since starting at the 31st of March until today. What did we exactly achieve in this? I'm talking about major changes not status balancing. Did the pathing got fixed? Did the economy got changed? Was the depth of Micro implemented as it should not half assed attempts?

I'm just tired of finding excuses for him...
fickazzz
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany152 Posts
September 18 2015 15:57 GMT
#217
I hope they remove the macro mechanics and make Inject auto again. Had the most fun with this version and i kinda stopped playing since they reverted back.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
September 18 2015 16:27 GMT
#218
Due to the flood of recent macro threads I am closing this thread. I moved poll and OP in the the general thread: Please move all macro discussions and questions here http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/legacy-of-the-void/495031-lotv-general-macro-discussion
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2863
Shuttle 1450
EffOrt 923
BeSt 709
Light 424
Mini 407
ggaemo 334
Stork 278
ZerO 245
firebathero 231
[ Show more ]
Rush 171
Barracks 138
Sea.KH 80
Zeus 64
Dewaltoss 63
Killer 60
Shine 52
Hyun 40
Shinee 30
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 27
Aegong 25
sorry 23
Bale 22
Terrorterran 20
soO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 8
zelot 7
910 7
Dota 2
qojqva3705
Dendi1667
BananaSlamJamma415
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Fnx 179
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes515
Other Games
singsing2255
hiko1233
Liquid`RaSZi1185
B2W.Neo916
Lowko391
Liquid`VortiX274
Sick176
ArmadaUGS132
Rex83
Trikslyr32
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream547
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile119
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• Jankos2225
• TFBlade700
Other Games
• WagamamaTV285
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.