• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9079 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 766

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 764 765 766 767 768 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 10:28 GMT
#15301
Oh you didnt have pc to play?
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:28 GMT
#15302
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first



Thanks, I will try to do that. First need to get my PC fixed though. This shitty laptop can't run SC2
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:29 GMT
#15303
On October 23 2014 19:28 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Oh you didnt have pc to play?


Yup, It's both a blessing, and a curse. I finally get shit done, but I'm very very sad
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
October 23 2014 10:30 GMT
#15304
Oh btw, just because you are macroing it doesn't mean you can't use the first units to create space for you. The more you intimidate your enemy, the less likely it is for him to expand or adapt to your strat
The Bomber boy
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 10:31:42
October 23 2014 10:31 GMT
#15305
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:34 GMT
#15306
On October 23 2014 19:30 Wintex wrote:
Oh btw, just because you are macroing it doesn't mean you can't use the first units to create space for you. The more you intimidate your enemy, the less likely it is for him to expand or adapt to your strat


It sometimes feels like most of these bronze players shouldn't be in bronze. I get so outmatched sometimes I feels like I'm incompetent at playing.
I basicly gave up playing on the ladder a few week ago and just played custom games against a friend.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:36 GMT
#15307
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself



What's it like up there? I seems very far away...
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
jarod
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania766 Posts
October 23 2014 10:37 GMT
#15308
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself

Normally that should be the flow.. not vice-versa.. defend all ins and cheeses instead of doing them. Sometimes do them only to know what are the weaknesses. If you do only all ins/cheeses you will get at one point where peoople will hold it and your win rate will drop to like 20-30% and you feel like you were absent in this game.. cause you don`t know how to macro and play normal mid late game.
But.. league wise you will have much better progress with all ins then macro games.
Maru | Life | herO
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:38 GMT
#15309
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself

Yeah I'm not advising to get into master by cheesing, just saying that when in lower leagues, doing all-ins is good because if you do them right, it will print the early game mechanics into you. I mean, when you have a precise timing to hit, any error (supply block, not making probes,...) that you will do in the early game is going to make your timing late, and you'll see that and be able to correct your mistakes in the following games. And by repetition you'll never forget your 16/24/etc pylons. Then when you hit a decent level of play you can start to macro up and learn to hold cheeses. Maybe my advice is wrong though
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 10:41:57
October 23 2014 10:40 GMT
#15310
On October 23 2014 19:34 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:30 Wintex wrote:
Oh btw, just because you are macroing it doesn't mean you can't use the first units to create space for you. The more you intimidate your enemy, the less likely it is for him to expand or adapt to your strat


It sometimes feels like most of these bronze players shouldn't be in bronze. I get so outmatched sometimes I feels like I'm incompetent at playing.
I basicly gave up playing on the ladder a few week ago and just played custom games against a friend.

Oh and biggest of all. Starcraft should teach you how to lose. Losing is great.
The Bomber boy
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:41 GMT
#15311
On October 23 2014 19:40 Wintex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:34 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:30 Wintex wrote:
Oh btw, just because you are macroing it doesn't mean you can't use the first units to create space for you. The more you intimidate your enemy, the less likely it is for him to expand or adapt to your strat


It sometimes feels like most of these bronze players shouldn't be in bronze. I get so outmatched sometimes I feels like I'm incompetent at playing.
I basicly gave up playing on the ladder a few week ago and just played custom games against a friend.

Oh and biggest of all. Starcraft shold teach you how to lose. Losing is great.

And also teach you that you can progress with practice. Acknowledging that you are being outmatched is the first step in progressing
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
October 23 2014 10:43 GMT
#15312
On October 23 2014 19:25 Wintex wrote:
Honestly. Fuck builds and go macro. Just make stuff. If you don't make probes and pylons, you can't do a simple build.

Totally agree! Just make 15 marines at a time and win WCS AM and RBBG!
Insert wise words here
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
October 23 2014 10:45 GMT
#15313
On October 23 2014 19:43 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:25 Wintex wrote:
Honestly. Fuck builds and go macro. Just make stuff. If you don't make probes and pylons, you can't do a simple build.

Totally agree! Just make 15 marines at a time and win WCS AM and RBBG!

This boy gets it
The Bomber boy
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:45 GMT
#15314
On October 23 2014 19:41 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:40 Wintex wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:34 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:30 Wintex wrote:
Oh btw, just because you are macroing it doesn't mean you can't use the first units to create space for you. The more you intimidate your enemy, the less likely it is for him to expand or adapt to your strat


It sometimes feels like most of these bronze players shouldn't be in bronze. I get so outmatched sometimes I feels like I'm incompetent at playing.
I basicly gave up playing on the ladder a few week ago and just played custom games against a friend.

Oh and biggest of all. Starcraft shold teach you how to lose. Losing is great.

And also teach you that you can progress with practice. Acknowledging that you are being outmatched is the first step in progressing



This is actually ecouriging, thanks

The thing is, leagues aren't all that important to me. I just want to learn how to play the game properly. I reckon the league progress comes with that.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 10:49:30
October 23 2014 10:46 GMT
#15315
On October 23 2014 19:36 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
[quote]

What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself



What's it like up there? I seems very far away...

Well, after long break and placement match Blizzard put me to diamond. 3 wins now 0 losses. All vs high diamonds. I just played vs protoss again. I just hope I don't meet zergs.....

Oh well ye, I lost placement match so its 3-1?
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:46 GMT
#15316
On October 23 2014 19:43 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:25 Wintex wrote:
Honestly. Fuck builds and go macro. Just make stuff. If you don't make probes and pylons, you can't do a simple build.

Totally agree! Just make 15 marines at a time and win WCS AM and RBBG!


Bomber usually makes something like 18 marines at a time... It's ridiculus.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:47 GMT
#15317
On October 23 2014 19:46 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:36 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
[quote]
I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself



What's it like up there? I seems very far away...

Well, after long break and placement I Blizzard put me to diamond. 3 wins now 0 losses. All vs high diamonds. I just played vs protoss again. I just hope I don't meet zergs.....


Why? Isn't protoss op against zerg? That's what I heard
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 23 2014 10:48 GMT
#15318
You guys might encourage me to play some Starcraft after very very long time.
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:48 GMT
#15319
On October 23 2014 19:47 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:46 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:36 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself



What's it like up there? I seems very far away...

Well, after long break and placement I Blizzard put me to diamond. 3 wins now 0 losses. All vs high diamonds. I just played vs protoss again. I just hope I don't meet zergs.....


Why? Isn't protoss op against zerg? That's what I heard

Every Zerg thinks P is OP, and every P thinks the opposite. It's because ZvP is both difficult and frustrating, for both races
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:49 GMT
#15320
On October 23 2014 19:48 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:46 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:36 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:31 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:27 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first

Well, idk. I got into master with 400 wins. I learned to hold all ins/cheeses. Not to do them myself



What's it like up there? I seems very far away...

Well, after long break and placement I Blizzard put me to diamond. 3 wins now 0 losses. All vs high diamonds. I just played vs protoss again. I just hope I don't meet zergs.....


Why? Isn't protoss op against zerg? That's what I heard

Every Zerg thinks P is OP, and every P thinks the opposite. It's because ZvP is both difficult and frustrating, for both races



What's wrong with it?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Prev 1 764 765 766 767 768 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft370
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft370
CosmosSc2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2061
Artosis 638
Shuttle 553
910 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever681
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox534
Other Games
summit1g8456
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0304
Maynarde136
ViBE121
ArmadaUGS63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 10m
Stellar Fest
12h 10m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.