• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11359 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 765

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 763 764 765 766 767 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 09:43 GMT
#15281
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 09:45 GMT
#15282
On October 23 2014 18:27 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:09 y0su wrote:
On October 23 2014 17:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 17:39 Phredxor wrote:
The joys of living on a little island in the middle of the ocean I guess :D

Negative anything is too damn cold to be doing anything except snowboarding.

Snowball fight?

I just woke up and looked outside.... WTF!!

The view outside is like postapocaliptic ice age... -13, nothern wind 3 m/s and nonstop snowfall from Tuesday. Living in Russia is like playing RPG on Nightmare difficulty
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

GOD, I LOVE WINTER!!!

Russian countryside always looks like apocalyptic view :D (no offence)
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 23 2014 09:47 GMT
#15283
On October 23 2014 18:31 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:29 y0su wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:24 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:19 Sakat wrote:
Poll: Things to do when it's snowing outside?

Playing Starcraft (3)
 
50%

Posting in a month early Blizzcon LR thread (2)
 
33%

Building a snowman (1)
 
17%

Snowball fight (0)
 
0%

Skiing (0)
 
0%

American football (0)
 
0%

Sleeping (0)
 
0%

6 total votes

Your vote: Things to do when it's snowing outside?

(Vote): Snowball fight
(Vote): Skiing
(Vote): American football
(Vote): Building a snowman
(Vote): Sleeping
(Vote): Playing Starcraft
(Vote): Posting in a month early Blizzcon LR thread



Its missing snow work

Usually its just hard work. Just imagine. It snows 20 cm one day and you have to "clean" it all away. And if you are few weeks away nad then come back. Huh uh...you have alot work to do

The first job I could get when I moved to Finland was clearing snow from roofs!! That was an experience! Fortunately I got into school the next year!!..



Was it hard to get a job in Finland?

Every job I've landed was through a connection. Especially summer work always has a LOT of students competing for spots. Can't really speak about anything else though.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 09:47 GMT
#15284
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 09:53:28
October 23 2014 09:49 GMT
#15285
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins. First one was high diamond (200 matches this season) protoss. I went blink and he went blink. He got blink earlier so I lost few stalkers and he had to recall. Then he attacked my base. Then I had my blink ready and first immortal and killed like 3 stalker and lost 0. Then I continued to push and made expand at the same time and cancelled his. Then i just did colo push to win.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 09:51 GMT
#15286
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
October 23 2014 09:59 GMT
#15287
On October 23 2014 18:45 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:27 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:09 y0su wrote:
On October 23 2014 17:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 17:39 Phredxor wrote:
The joys of living on a little island in the middle of the ocean I guess :D

Negative anything is too damn cold to be doing anything except snowboarding.

Snowball fight?

I just woke up and looked outside.... WTF!!

The view outside is like postapocaliptic ice age... -13, nothern wind 3 m/s and nonstop snowfall from Tuesday. Living in Russia is like playing RPG on Nightmare difficulty
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

GOD, I LOVE WINTER!!!

Russian countryside always looks like apocalyptic view :D (no offence)

Non taken. And it is not countryside. It is a part of town. A bankrupt company, we will annex their territory soon.
Insert wise words here
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:01 GMT
#15288
On October 23 2014 18:59 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:45 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:27 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:09 y0su wrote:
On October 23 2014 17:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 17:39 Phredxor wrote:
The joys of living on a little island in the middle of the ocean I guess :D

Negative anything is too damn cold to be doing anything except snowboarding.

Snowball fight?

I just woke up and looked outside.... WTF!!

The view outside is like postapocaliptic ice age... -13, nothern wind 3 m/s and nonstop snowfall from Tuesday. Living in Russia is like playing RPG on Nightmare difficulty
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

GOD, I LOVE WINTER!!!

Russian countryside always looks like apocalyptic view :D (no offence)

Non taken. And it is not countryside. It is a part of town. A bankrupt company, we will annex their territory soon.


Annex for passion!
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 10:10:49
October 23 2014 10:04 GMT
#15289
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sent probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:04 GMT
#15290
Life just crushed San 2-0.
Just sayin'
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 10:08:48
October 23 2014 10:07 GMT
#15291
No. Just checked replay.

I lost 12 probes. I started forge and I had my +1 ready before I started robotic bay. When I attacked I had +1 +1.

He actually went 3 cc after/during drops.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:09 GMT
#15292
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:14 GMT
#15293
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:17 GMT
#15294
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:21 GMT
#15295
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 23 2014 10:24 GMT
#15296
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 10:24 GMT
#15297
I have always been too lazy to learn timing attacks /cheeses/allins.

I just macro
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
October 23 2014 10:25 GMT
#15298
Honestly. Fuck builds and go macro. Just make stuff. If you don't make probes and pylons, you can't do a simple build.
The Bomber boy
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 10:27 GMT
#15299
On October 23 2014 19:24 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2014 19:21 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:14 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:09 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 19:04 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:51 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:49 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:47 Sakat wrote:
On October 23 2014 18:43 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Just played 2 1v1's. Won both and now I am eating



mathups?

PvP and PvT

Easy wins


What do you do in PvT? I seem to have problems with it

I play always quite safe. In this match I just build 1 gate and expand then I built robo and second gate. I made 2 observer. One to scout and another one to stay with army. Then I did one scouting pylon to right of the map (overgrowth) and probe to xel naga.

At that point I had no scouting information. I never sen probe. Then he cames with 2 medivac to different bases at the same time with marines and window mines. I manage to kill all his units but the kills few stalkers and 15-20 probe. Third dropship comes soon and I manage to kill that also without losses. he also sents fourth dropship that I see with my xel naga and I kill it with my stalkers. At that point I knew he couldn't have great army/or economy. So I just started +1 attack and robotic bay. I built 5 more gates and waited 2 colossus. I attacked when I had 2 colo alot stalkers and few zealots and +1. I was right he didnt have alot army.


// I just play safe



I mostly try to get storm early... Shows I'm bronze, I guess. But I'm quite good with storm, and at my level most people can't split. If I can tech to storm, I usually win. Although, my 25-30 apm doesn't usually get me storm before I die to medivacs and bio. I'm not going to question balace, I for one, think the game is fairly balanced and I just suck at the game.

If you're bronze then I feel you should 1-base all-in out of it tbh. Then once in silver 2-base allin until you reach platinum. Then start to mix up macro play with your cheeses. When you all-in you have strong and specific benchmarks and timings to hit, which helps you in improving your macro



What, I just proxy 2-gate, proxy oracle and shit? I'm new to the game, I watchet for a bout a year now, but I only started playing recently, I don't know all builds. Any other one base all-ins I should know about? (there are probably a lot)

I don't play Protoss, but I think the Book of Bullshit has a very nice one-base allin versus Terran. Then versus Protoss you probably just do a 10gate 3gates (I believe it's in the book of bullshit too) and and vs Zerg either proxy gates or... 4gate? I'm not sure if people still die to 4gates nowadays, even in bronze, but that could work if you hit the timings well



Proxy gates it is!!!
I don't know, against Z I usually just defend for 15-20 miutes and kill everything with a bunch of voids. That seems to work

Well you can always do that. But as you'll go up in the leagues you'll see that people won't let you sit back for that long, so learning to play with timings is good. You can also play standard macro like TheBloodyDwarf does, but it's easier to progress and get a better macro when you start by doing allins at first
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
October 23 2014 10:27 GMT
#15300
Sakat. I can play terran vs you right now if you want?
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Prev 1 763 764 765 766 767 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech45
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 622
Hyuk 320
910 319
Soma 305
Horang2 230
BeSt 199
Light 198
Dewaltoss 79
EffOrt 67
Pusan 55
[ Show more ]
Killer 53
Shinee 49
Yoon 45
Mong 38
Mind 31
NotJumperer 30
ZerO 29
Bale 27
sorry 23
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 18
Rush 15
Sharp 10
Noble 9
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe260
League of Legends
JimRising 412
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1352
pashabiceps296
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2710
Khaldor588
Other Games
gofns27272
singsing1301
ceh9641
XBOCT328
Pyrionflax121
Mew2King114
DeMusliM80
ArmadaUGS42
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick633
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream271
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH218
• LUISG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2263
League of Legends
• Jankos1229
• Stunt457
Other Games
• WagamamaTV148
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 32m
Stellar Fest
3h 32m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.