• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8656 users

MLG suggestion: Ladies passes - Page 6

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 12 Next All
GohgamX
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1096 Posts
January 17 2012 16:17 GMT
#101
On January 17 2012 23:53 Tomfour wrote:
How about Ladies free before 11:00pm? Oh wait, forgot MLG isn't a club...


This guy... LOL
Time is a great teacher, unfortunate that it kills all its pupils ...
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
January 17 2012 16:18 GMT
#102
I think this is a bad idea this would just add to the number of awkward couples who can't enjoy themselves because the lady isn't interested enough in esports to buy her own ticket.
Synche
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1345 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 16:20:33
January 17 2012 16:19 GMT
#103
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


I don't see how you logically get from gender balance to societal stigma. There's tons and tons of things that are done by 1 gender. Some of these have stigmas, some don't (compulsive shopping, celebrity gawking, playing recreational sports are just a few)

I personally disagree there's a need for this. But more generally do you really expect MLG to do this because of eSports? They're cutting costs like mad, they have a business to run, and this does not get them more revenue/exposure or anything of that nature.

Edit: typos
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 16:22:45
January 17 2012 16:20 GMT
#104
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


It is nice to read your posts in this thread. You are one of the few who actually try to put up arguments.
I don't even know if you know anything about econimics but as it seems you could easly live up to a 4th semester marketing student with your way of thinking. And you are 100% right.
But maybe it is part of this community that they don't want "outsiders" to join their "comfort-zone", which is pretty sad.

On January 18 2012 01:19 SimDawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


I don't see how you logically get from gender balance to societal stigma. There's tons and tons of things that are done by 1 gender. Some of these have stigmas, some don't (compulsive shopping, celebrity gawking, playing recreational sports are just a few)

I personally disagree there's a need for this. But more generally do you really expect MLG to do this because of eSports? They're cutting costs like mad, they have a business to run, and this does not get them more revenue/exposure or anything of that nature.

Edit: typos

So to present your product to a bigger variety of consumers makes u earn less? Tell that some marketing-director please and record his laugh.
Why he arguments in terms of gender? Because eSports shouldn't be male dominant. eSports is imo one of the few Sports where it doesn't matter if you are male and female. By being as ignorant as most ppl in this thread are, you guys seem to force onto eSports that it should be male dominant. Sad.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
January 17 2012 16:21 GMT
#105
I suppose it is possible to introduce a family pass and "couple" pass. Although with their venue constantly overflowing already, i dont see why they would want to do so. Not sure MLG care too much about the nerd to chick ratio at an event. Maybe if the venue was much bigger and they have other sideshows that catered to the other demographics other than young male between 15-30, then this kind of extra catering can happen.

Right now, it just doesnt make any economic sense to give discounts when seats are already all sold out at full price.
:)
DMII
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany92 Posts
January 17 2012 16:21 GMT
#106
The issue is since I paid full price for her pass I felt like she needed to be there with me simply to get my money's worth.

If you drag her to an event, which you know she isn't interested in all that much, you should probably care more about her getting at least some entertainment, than you getting your money's worth.
After all she came with you because she cares about you, so you could probably be less egoistic and also care a little about her. And by that I do not mean, that you ask for her to cost less money, so letting her go doesn't hurt your wallet that much.
All is fair in love and war. Starcraft is both.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 16:25:36
January 17 2012 16:23 GMT
#107
On January 18 2012 01:21 DMII wrote:
Show nested quote +
The issue is since I paid full price for her pass I felt like she needed to be there with me simply to get my money's worth.

If you drag her to an event, which you know she isn't interested in all that much, you should probably care more about her getting at least some entertainment, than you getting your money's worth.
After all she came with you because she cares about you, so you could probably be less egoistic and also care a little about her. And by that I do not mean, that you ask for her to cost less money, so letting her go doesn't hurt your wallet that much.

Erm, trolling? You ever been into a relationship longer than 3 month? It has NOTHING to with egoistic, no it is even the opposite of what you claim it to be.
Unless you consider trying to share what someone love in a relationship is egoistic.

But I guess i should refrain from posting and reading this thread anymore because it will just demolish my expectations of eSports and this community in general.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
January 17 2012 16:24 GMT
#108
On January 18 2012 01:19 SimDawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


I don't see how you logically get from gender balance to societal stigma. There's tons and tons of things that are done by 1 gender. Some of these have stigmas, some don't (compulsive shopping, celebrity gawking, playing recreational sports are just a few)

I personally disagree there's a need for this. But more generally do you really expect MLG to do this because of eSports? They're cutting costs like mad, they have a business to run, and this does not get them more revenue/exposure or anything of that nature.

Edit: typos



MLG stands to make alot of money if they can present eSports for mainstream consumption. Professional sports makes billions upon billions of dollars. Mainly through TV deals with the likes of CBS, NBC, ESPN and the likes. If MLG can show ESPN that there is a desire for consumption of their product they have already positioned themselves as the premier organization for North American eSports. They would be the logical choice for something like ESPN to pick up.

So my basic argument is MLG stands to make a ton of money by promoting eSports in general and removing social stigmas
Wat
Mindor
Profile Joined December 2011
169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 16:26:41
January 17 2012 16:25 GMT
#109
FUCK. How many young males are here? Really?
I was with my GF at IEM and ESP why? BEcause we like to spent time with each other. Who did pay? Well, me.
Do i need to show off? I guess after 6 years of relationship: no.
Why do I pay? Because it is just fair that i pay if I AM the one who gets most out of it.
Did she liked it in the end? Yes. Would she pay the full price for MLGs and such? No. Why? Because she JUST liked it.
Why would I pay full price? Because i fuckin LOVE it.


I'm not even sure where to start...She's not doing ESP or IEM (or MLG in the OP's case) a favour by going somewhere she doesn't want to but you. It's not the organiser's job to make it cost less for you.

I hate places that discriminate on prices based on sex, because I can't go there with friends some of whom happen to be males without feeling bad that they pay three times the entrance fee as females. (After 6 years in a relationship you can obviously let it slide, but it's a really awkward thing when you just start out and don't want to be 'kept' as a girl. Due to the system, it's still the guy paying.)
So, the fact that discounts based on sex exist doesn't mean that it's okay and that it should be promoted.

Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 00:46 Zaranth wrote:
Wow for real? This is insulting to me, a female who loved MLG Providence more than my husband. Can I get a discount for him? *sigh* so much for community respect.

You are just ignorant to 99% of the female community who don't like out of nowhere to go to eSports events ... grats for being ignorant.

edit: editted out some rage.


About 95% of the male population is ignorant to esports, Should they get discount to go to an event as well?

Being labeled as an inferior person who can't even pay for their entertainment the same way a male can is not fun. Try to regard it from our POV after getting over the whole initial 'it's cheaper, all the better for me' argument.
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
January 17 2012 16:26 GMT
#110
On January 18 2012 01:21 DMII wrote:
Show nested quote +
The issue is since I paid full price for her pass I felt like she needed to be there with me simply to get my money's worth.

If you drag her to an event, which you know she isn't interested in all that much, you should probably care more about her getting at least some entertainment, than you getting your money's worth.
After all she came with you because she cares about you, so you could probably be less egoistic and also care a little about her. And by that I do not mean, that you ask for her to cost less money, so letting her go doesn't hurt your wallet that much.


Go alone and spent the money on a nice dinner, which she is going to appreciate much more than sitting between thousands of nerds.
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 16:26:52
January 17 2012 16:26 GMT
#111
On January 18 2012 01:24 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:19 SimDawg wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


I don't see how you logically get from gender balance to societal stigma. There's tons and tons of things that are done by 1 gender. Some of these have stigmas, some don't (compulsive shopping, celebrity gawking, playing recreational sports are just a few)

I personally disagree there's a need for this. But more generally do you really expect MLG to do this because of eSports? They're cutting costs like mad, they have a business to run, and this does not get them more revenue/exposure or anything of that nature.

Edit: typos



MLG stands to make alot of money if they can present eSports for mainstream consumption. Professional sports makes billions upon billions of dollars. Mainly through TV deals with the likes of CBS, NBC, ESPN and the likes. If MLG can show ESPN that there is a desire for consumption of their product they have already positioned themselves as the premier organization for North American eSports. They would be the logical choice for something like ESPN to pick up.

So my basic argument is MLG stands to make a ton of money by promoting eSports in general and removing social stigmas

Can you be my next girlfriend if mine leaves me? I like intelligent beings. I would even consider being the girl-part.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
January 17 2012 16:28 GMT
#112
On January 18 2012 01:26 bluQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:24 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:19 SimDawg wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


I don't see how you logically get from gender balance to societal stigma. There's tons and tons of things that are done by 1 gender. Some of these have stigmas, some don't (compulsive shopping, celebrity gawking, playing recreational sports are just a few)

I personally disagree there's a need for this. But more generally do you really expect MLG to do this because of eSports? They're cutting costs like mad, they have a business to run, and this does not get them more revenue/exposure or anything of that nature.

Edit: typos



MLG stands to make alot of money if they can present eSports for mainstream consumption. Professional sports makes billions upon billions of dollars. Mainly through TV deals with the likes of CBS, NBC, ESPN and the likes. If MLG can show ESPN that there is a desire for consumption of their product they have already positioned themselves as the premier organization for North American eSports. They would be the logical choice for something like ESPN to pick up.

So my basic argument is MLG stands to make a ton of money by promoting eSports in general and removing social stigmas

Can you be my next girlfriend if mine leaves me? I like intelligent beings. I would even consider being the girl-part.



It would never work. We'd both be dudes. How would I get a discount on a second MLG ticket? ^_^
Wat
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
January 17 2012 16:28 GMT
#113
Top Gear audience tickets are free, but a condition is that all tickets are awarded in male+female pairings.

Sausage fest succesfully discouraged.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
January 17 2012 16:29 GMT
#114
On January 17 2012 23:48 Tenks wrote:
As anyone knows who has gone to an MLG event the event is disproportionately populated by males. While I attended MLG Columbus last year I drug my girlfriend along. Being a good sport she agreed. From my general observation at the event the only females there were in the same situation as me. Simply coming along as a good gesture to their boyfriends.

The issue is since I paid full price for her pass I felt like she needed to be there with me simply to get my money's worth. It would be nice if there was an option to purchase a ladies pass at a discounted rate. Not only for a 1+1 situation but maybe make the idea of coming to an MLG as a lady, not attached to a male, more appealing due to the lower price of entrance. I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink instead of the MLG red as well. The precedent is set already at bars which have a ladies night to try and even the numbers.

I feel like if I could purchase a pass for my girlfriend at a discounted rate it would be easier for me, on a personal level, to have her just come and go as she pleases from the event. She was very lethargic and, honestly, bored during the second day of the event.

Anyways just a suggestion. Thanks for reading.


Seriously!? This one of the worst things I have read and its insulting to every lady in the starcraft community. I know many ladies who went to events like MLG. Now while bars and clubs give discounts to ladies or have ladies night, they also make a profit off the drinks sold. However MLG sales tickets for people to GET into the event. Many females are actually interested in the game and dont want special treatment just because of their gender. Now what you could do is suggest to the MLG for a group discount. IE: If 2 people want to go together, lets say a couple, then maybe they can offer a discount for buying 2 tickets at once. They could also apply this to like friends who want to go together. For example, lets say John and 4 of his friends want to go to MLG. Now if they all pull their money together and have 1 person buy all of their tickets, then maybe MLG could offer them a discount deal for buying more then one ticket at a time. Not because of their gender though. Now please stop suggesting such insulting things like selling tickets based on gender!
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
January 17 2012 16:30 GMT
#115
On January 18 2012 00:15 ffadicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 00:10 Louis8k8 wrote:
Starcraft is about whining about imbalance and orgasming at players harassing each other digitally, not girls. Go to a club for that. MLG really doesn't need 'more girls'. But it does need 'more attendees' and 'more publicity'.


Fact: EVERYTHING gets better the more attractive girls are around. This is common knowledge, and not very surprising either.
I'm totally for this babes pass idea

I totally agree with him. If marines were hot girls, everyone but sadists would play terran.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Flightan
Profile Joined June 2010
France147 Posts
January 17 2012 16:31 GMT
#116
Oh great idea let's do that! And then we put them on the front row to show how eSports can change! Then maybe we can have new discounts for gay people and have them wear a rainbow pinkstrap.
VTPerfect
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States487 Posts
January 17 2012 16:32 GMT
#117
On January 18 2012 00:01 Jiddra wrote:
Is that kind of thing legal in the US? Would be gender discrimination in Sweden.


I wish the US used the Swedish system as a blueprint. Some kinds of discrimination are perfectly legal and in fact sometimes its the law that you have to discriminate.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
January 17 2012 16:32 GMT
#118
I'm totally sure I could still pick up mad chicks at an MLG.
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
January 17 2012 16:32 GMT
#119
Girls and girl gamers want equality, give them discounts.

Oh you guys....
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 16:35:53
January 17 2012 16:33 GMT
#120
On January 18 2012 01:28 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 01:26 bluQ wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:24 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:19 SimDawg wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:14 Tenks wrote:
On January 18 2012 01:06 phanto wrote:
It's easy to cut lines and get into night clubs etc as girls... but since people don't go to MLG to score chicks so I don't see why there's a need for a gender balance or discount.
I oppose the idea.

Also;
I'm sure she'd also love having a wrist strap in a shade of pink

lol.



The pink thing was kind of an afterthought haha ^^ She actually doesn't care for the color pink

Anyways the reason I thought a gender balance would be a good idea because until eSports stops becoming a male dominated sport it will always have this stigma of being a bunch of socially awkward neckbeards getting together and playing video games. I know it isn't true, you know it isn't true but I think society as a whole believes it is very much true. However if we could get to a better gender proportion it would help alleviate this stigma.

I actually had to leave for about half of Day 02 at MLG Columbus because I was also participating in this thing called Warrior Dash. Basically it is a huge obstical course. It was pretty fun. Anyways you are on teams which was basically a bunch of my girlfriend's friends and some of their friends and/or boyfriends. They saw my and her MLG passes and I could tell by the looks on their face they thought it was awkward. Remembering back to Day9 saying you should never be overly defensive about the subject I just started going on and on about how cool it was and how happy I was to finally attend an MLG. They seemed to start warming up to the idea that it may actually be a pretty fun event. From personal anecdotal evidence there does seem to be a stigma for eSports that is alive and well. I'd think addressing the gender disparity would be a good first step to alleviate this problem. SC2 will never gain mainstream appeal while there are are a bunch of people blindly hating on it.


I don't see how you logically get from gender balance to societal stigma. There's tons and tons of things that are done by 1 gender. Some of these have stigmas, some don't (compulsive shopping, celebrity gawking, playing recreational sports are just a few)

I personally disagree there's a need for this. But more generally do you really expect MLG to do this because of eSports? They're cutting costs like mad, they have a business to run, and this does not get them more revenue/exposure or anything of that nature.

Edit: typos



MLG stands to make alot of money if they can present eSports for mainstream consumption. Professional sports makes billions upon billions of dollars. Mainly through TV deals with the likes of CBS, NBC, ESPN and the likes. If MLG can show ESPN that there is a desire for consumption of their product they have already positioned themselves as the premier organization for North American eSports. They would be the logical choice for something like ESPN to pick up.

So my basic argument is MLG stands to make a ton of money by promoting eSports in general and removing social stigmas

Can you be my next girlfriend if mine leaves me? I like intelligent beings. I would even consider being the girl-part.



It would never work. We'd both be dudes. How would I get a discount on a second MLG ticket? ^_^

To be around with such an intelligent being I would even consider to grow my hair and do some smaller surgeries <3

On January 18 2012 01:32 Jojo131 wrote:
Girls and girl gamers want equality, give them discounts.

Oh you guys....

Not true. I know A LOT of girls who would prove you wrong and not only by actions but cause of their inteligence.
Oh wait I guess TossGirl did the interviewing thing to prove her equality ... and thats because she got so many views on the said interview ... rrrrrriiiight.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Nathanias 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 607
910 24
MaD[AoV]22
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3886
Other Games
summit1g8430
FrodaN648
C9.Mang0250
shahzam173
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Shiphtur792
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 12m
Patches Events
17h 12m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.