• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:02
CEST 14:02
KST 21:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7230 users

Being a Girl on t3h Interwebs - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Sotamursu
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland612 Posts
July 14 2011 17:05 GMT
#41
Why exactly are you blogging? Because after reading the OP it sounds like you do it just for the possible positive feedback. Did you really start a blog on TL just because you thought it would give you more positive comments?

Stop being such a victim and thinking you are hated only because you are a girl. It's not like every single male that has a bit of e-fame is universally loved. Have you read the shit guys like husky or TB get?
Servius_Fulvius
Profile Joined August 2009
United States947 Posts
July 14 2011 17:05 GMT
#42
Guy seriously ask you out over WoW?! That is quite awkward...

Right there with you when it came to chat room addictions! The AOL teen only rooms and the teen relationship forums. Good times! Though, I did get our AOL account suspended a number of times (I would troll people who wanted cyber sex by role playing their scenario and then burning them to death with a flamethrower), and in retrospect that all happened about the time online predator awareness started increasing. The stuff you do when you're a a teenager, right?
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
July 14 2011 17:05 GMT
#43
--- Nuked ---
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
July 14 2011 17:06 GMT
#44
I respect girls who don't try to proclaim their gender. Girls who try to play on even footing with guys, and don't use their sex as a crutch. I've known a few in my lifetime, and have seen my fair share of attention whores as well.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:08:24
July 14 2011 17:07 GMT
#45
I thought this was a legitimate rant. Being an "attention whore" so to speak (to exhibit oneself publicly and with confidence) as a male will get you called a douche by the few but will win you admiration and respect from the many. Being an "attention whore" as a female, on the other hand, will win you the admiration and respect of only a few, but the "you're a filthy anorexic whore!" from the many.

I guess you can only blame society or just ignore the dickbags. Obviously it's pretty hard on the internet when you first realize 70% of "people" you encounter on the internet will give you flames. When you realize 80% of those "people" are just gongryong, you feel better.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
novabossa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States350 Posts
July 14 2011 17:07 GMT
#46
Great read. This is something I've never really considered, but it's still an important issue...especially in gaming. Hopefully this will strike a cord in the hearts of those who read it, both female and male. Even though it's silly to assume that just reading and writing about these things will change people's minds, it's still a step towards a brighter future where males and females are given mutual respect on the internet. 5 stars...keep up the good work!
Rachel: First game. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Dark Templar. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Countered. oGsMC: Yea. Rachel: Were you worried? oGsMC: What?
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:11:16
July 14 2011 17:07 GMT
#47
On July 15 2011 02:02 Riku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:48 lolsixtynine wrote:
Nice blog, that's kind of how I imagined it was for girls on the internet. Christina H wrote an article pretty similar to this one on cracked, you should check it out if you haven't seen it.



Haha, a very interesting article. It made me smile.

Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:53 Gann1 wrote:
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


that's a mistake a lot of people make. don't worry about it


Yeah, I have an knack for overestimating the kindness I'll be treated with (like with that WoW forum post... *shudder*).



Geez, maybe that has to do with the incredibly condescending tone of your posts. Someone asks a perfectly legitimate question about you posting that picture when you said you hated the response, and you respond that he has no integrity?

Get off your high horse. You clearly expect special treatment (and certain posters are glad to oblige as always) when you insult an entire community because they aren't agreeing with everything you say.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
July 14 2011 17:07 GMT
#48
On July 15 2011 01:53 Gann1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


that's a mistake a lot of people make. don't worry about it


Doesn't really have to be on TL, either.


I found out today one of my coworkers was right behind a big accident, where a lady rolled her SUV over trying to dodge a guy running a red light.



His first reaction? Take pictures with his Ipad of course! I wanted to punch him in the face. Haha.


I find that if you generally assume that people are going to be assholes, it lets you pick out the nice people easier, instead of assuming everyone is going to be nice and finding out that they're mostly assholes. Kind of how I work it out.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 14 2011 17:12 GMT
#49
On July 15 2011 02:04 Fireflies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


Not a Flash or Jaedong... she wasn't even a Backho or Iron.

Anyway, well done Riku for making one of the most boastful and egotistical posts I have ever seen on TL.


my dream girl beat effort once

sure it was one game in bo3 but don't insult her

she is the love of my life
I drop suckas like Plinko
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
July 14 2011 17:13 GMT
#50
On July 15 2011 01:19 Chill wrote:
http://bookblog.net/gender/genie.php
Show nested quote +
Words: 2516

(NOTE: The genie works best on texts of more than 500 words.)

Female Score: 2802
Male Score: 2946

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

Analysis
+ Show Spoiler +
Feminine Keywords Masculine Keywords
[with] 12 x 52 = 624       [around] 3 x 42 = 126
[if] 7 x 47 = 329       [what] 6 x 35 = 210
[not] 24 x 27 = 648       [more] 10 x 34 = 340
[where] 1 x 18 = 18       [are] 13 x 28 = 364
[be] 12 x 17 = 204       [as] 10 x 23 = 230
[when] 18 x 17 = 306       [who] 4 x 19 = 76
[your] 3 x 17 = 51       [below] 0 x 8 = 0
[her] 3 x 9 = 27       [is] 15 x 8 = 120
[we] 3 x 8 = 24       [these] 3 x 8 = 24
[should] 2 x 7 = 14       [the] 87 x 7 = 609
[she] 4 x 6 = 24       [a] 66 x 6 = 396
[and] 88 x 4 = 352       [at] 8 x 6 = 48
[me] 29 x 4 = 116       [it] 34 x 6 = 204
[myself] 4 x 4 = 16       [many] 5 x 6 = 30
[hers] 0 x 3 = 0       [said] 1 x 5 = 5
[was] 49 x 1 = 49       [above] 0 x 4 = 0
                               [to] 82 x 2 = 164



http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php
Show nested quote +
Total words: 2438
Genre: Informal
Female = 4506
Male = 3062
Difference = -1444; 40.45%
Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.


That is the strangest analysis I've ever seen for gender-based writing. Anything referring to gender or subject is female. Anything related to positional or object is male? That sounds nonsensical to me. Almost any first-person sample of writing would automatically be considered female in that case.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
July 14 2011 17:14 GMT
#51
Most people on the internet are annoying and being a girl is another reason for these people to be annoying.

This is pretty much everything I can say about this. Not everyone will act weird, and if they do, they're probably weirdos anyway.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:21:02
July 14 2011 17:19 GMT
#52
On July 15 2011 02:07 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:53 Gann1 wrote:
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


that's a mistake a lot of people make. don't worry about it


Doesn't really have to be on TL, either.


I found out today one of my coworkers was right behind a big accident, where a lady rolled her SUV over trying to dodge a guy running a red light.



His first reaction? Take pictures with his Ipad of course! I wanted to punch him in the face. Haha.


I find that if you generally assume that people are going to be assholes, it lets you pick out the nice people easier, instead of assuming everyone is going to be nice and finding out that they're mostly assholes. Kind of how I work it out.


I find myself oftentimes forgetting gender on the internet (unless voicechat is involved), which is probably why I used so many masculine pronouns in your last work blog, even though I had read your blogs before and knew somewhere in the back of my head that you were female. I think most people on TL have what you might consider "integrity" but integrity really only falls on intention. How people implement that intention might be wildly different, and there will certainly be sections of that spectrum of implementation that might make you feel uncomfortable.

There are probably those that genuinely might not guess you are female upon first reading of your other blogs (your work blog for example, was as legitimately gender neutral as one might expect), yet in response to that you got a huge variety of responses from (mostly) good-intentioned people. They varied from a white-knighters to gender-ignorant idiots(like me).

There will be people who will, in jest, tell you to make them sandwiches or that women belong in the kitchen, etc... There will be people who will say "omg she is sooooo hawt! I think I'm in love!" and there will be people who will say." Most of them are probably not persons of low integrity, but simply people who get carried away by the popular humor and potentially sexist memes of the internet. Or people who genuinely think you are pretty and are creepy secret admirers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 14 2011 17:20 GMT
#53
I'm surprised that you would feel sick to your stomach about comments people made over the internet when you were willing to wear such a, ehem, provocative outfit. Especially when said comments come from places like Something Awful. This is why guys don't understand girls.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
July 14 2011 17:21 GMT
#54
For me, its pretty obvious that Riku is an attention whore in its pure form who has no place in the teamliquid community.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 14 2011 17:23 GMT
#55
for me, its pretty obvious that Riku has a place in the teamliquid community.

-she posts a lot of blogs that generate many comments

- i like to read things

- i like Riku blogs because they provide a lot of reading material
I drop suckas like Plinko
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
July 14 2011 17:25 GMT
#56
On July 15 2011 01:56 Louuster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


Idra also made tossgirl cry. Hopefully that doesnt happen to eve.


And Tossgirl beating Reach made him retire, or something like that??

Look at it from Tossgirl's eyes; everytime she reads a forum like this one she reads thru 100s of pages of "why is she even playing SC, shes only here because of her looks, etc etc" and she really looked at IdrA like he was the worst player in Korea being the only foreigner.. So she cracked under the pressure and lost to him (anyone can lose one game), to her that was like confirming the doubt from reading all the bashing posts, to lose to someone who had no business being in korea, She was probably thinking "maybe they are right".. That was probably her thought-process at the time. Girls are more open to their emotions, and she cried. Big deal. Whats the difference between crying or saying "Fuck you" like IdrA did in a streamed match? both are rage, cept one is highly unprofessional and the other is just a sad side-story. Players cry all the time after losing games.

The pressure on girl progamers is so massive, you will never understand. Every single game she lost, every forum was posting "OMG shes the worst ever" and every single game she won, such as beating Reach, [NC]Yellow or FreeMura, she was met with "wow she got lucky".. It was totally unfair for her everytime, even though she put up results that ANYONE would be proud of, something that only a handful of foreigners have done (not idra in bw)

Really.. How many of the Tossgirl bashers can say they beat Reach and Yellow in a televised event in BW?? The fact shes even there should get respect regardless of what sex she is.

Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:27:47
July 14 2011 17:25 GMT
#57
More than just being a girl, being feminine on the internet sucks. At least on TL, we've managed to quell most of the open gay bashing (and possibly covering beautiful men like NaDa and Reach has helped.) I'm glad that you haven't given up on being feminine on the internet because so many other girls I know have, but do keep in mind a lot of the people with a grudge aren't simply misogynists with women problems. Well, a lot of them are, but not every single one.

For instance, to me it sounds like you used to be a shit druid. Do you think your guild was above what you deserved? Obviously it's a two-way relationship between player and guild and they can do whatever the fuck they want, but if I were an outsider pugging with you, I would probably call you out for being a shit druid. Teslyn, a well known priest from the guild Gentleman's Club, was fucking terrible yet she had her spot and gear guaranteed because the guild had half naked pictures of her (she later moved onto a porn career.) Assuming you've graduated into a good WoW player, you can see how infuriating someone like her would be and even though the blame should be entirely placed on the idiot guildleaders for feeding her, sometimes the rage just slips out of frustration. On account of her vagina, she'll attract more fans than anti-fans no matter how terribly she plays.

Now why don't I think that applies to you on these forums? Put simply, you're a good writer and your stories are compelling. I don't look at most of the pics, but I do honestly wish more people on TL could write as well as you do.

The 'attention whore' label is basically unavoidable on the internet at this point in society, and of course that's unfortunate, but take solace in the fact that most of the people using that term haven't put enough thought into it to actually create meaning behind their words. The casual insults and 1 star ratings will keep coming, but you're not likely to face a very compelling argument against your behavior. And when those people (Kiante) venture out into the world and meet real women, they'll find that all women (and really all people) seek attention. And then they'll get married (Serejai) and almost immediately, their significant other will stop caring about their attention, and they'll go back to hating the people who seek it. It's a cruel circle of love.

As for the slutty almost-beef lips Alexstraza, I mean yeah, but that's how Blizzard designed her. Gamers love it when developers give them midriffs and cleavage, but as soon as a real girl displays them they go haywire and start attacking? That's a bit of a non-sequitur.

Yes it's unfair that if you say you're a women some nerds will jump all over you, but at the same time, you're playing an online game; there's no need to reveal your personal information to random people. Letting everyone know you're a girl won't make killing things more fun. If no one asks, don't say you're a girl. If someone does ask, say you are. If they make a big deal out of it put them on ignore and call them out for being lame fucks.
This line of thought is terribad. I'm glad there's so many supporters of Don't Ask/Don't Tell on TL.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
July 14 2011 17:27 GMT
#58
On July 15 2011 01:56 Louuster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


Idra also made tossgirl cry. Hopefully that doesnt happen to eve.


Don't search "idra tossgirl cry" and go to the fourth link.

Just don't.

On July 15 2011 02:04 Fireflies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


Not a Flash or Jaedong... she wasn't even a Backho or Iron.

Anyway, well done Riku for making one of the most boastful and egotistical posts I have ever seen on TL.


...what?

O.o

On July 15 2011 02:05 N3rV[Green] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


Also, I over estimated Starcraft players and Team Liquid. :/

I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


You were about a year and a half late for that side of TL, SC2 did a good job of messing that up.

Either way, you've had a pretty sweet life, and we both played RO wayyyyy back in the day and had pretty much identical experiences cept I was a dude who flirted with the girls on the forum I used. Just keep on rockin it and doin what you do.

Also these blogs have been a wonderful read every time, thank you so much for giving me so much to read!


Haha, awesome! Did you play a sinx, too, or did you play a different class? I'm glad you enjoyed the blog and didn't mind that it is so damn long!

On July 15 2011 02:05 Sotamursu wrote:
Why exactly are you blogging? Because after reading the OP it sounds like you do it just for the possible positive feedback. Did you really start a blog on TL just because you thought it would give you more positive comments?

Stop being such a victim and thinking you are hated only because you are a girl. It's not like every single male that has a bit of e-fame is universally loved. Have you read the shit guys like husky or TB get?


I'm blogging for two reasons:

1) I want to see what it is like to try to come up with interesting things to write about on a regular basis so I can see about pursuing my dream of starting a gaming/geek/cosplayer news website.

2) I LIKE IT! Seriously, I used to keep a diary when I was younger, but didn't feel compelled to keep writing, though I know I really enjoy it when I do write. I've had 2 other blogs previously and really appreciated writing both of them. They are really good to reflect upon and they keep up my writing abilities when I am taking almost strictly technical classes at school.

I don't think I'm only hated because I'm a girl. I think I'm hated because of my personality, the topics of my blogs and the way I treat certain subjects, but I'm not stupid enough to not think my gender plays a role. It obviously does.

On July 15 2011 02:05 Servius_Fulvius wrote:
Guy seriously ask you out over WoW?! That is quite awkward...

Right there with you when it came to chat room addictions! The AOL teen only rooms and the teen relationship forums. Good times! Though, I did get our AOL account suspended a number of times (I would troll people who wanted cyber sex by role playing their scenario and then burning them to death with a flamethrower), and in retrospect that all happened about the time online predator awareness started increasing. The stuff you do when you're a a teenager, right?


@.@ Seriously...

On July 15 2011 02:07 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 02:02 Riku wrote:
On July 15 2011 01:48 lolsixtynine wrote:
Nice blog, that's kind of how I imagined it was for girls on the internet. Christina H wrote an article pretty similar to this one on cracked, you should check it out if you haven't seen it.



Haha, a very interesting article. It made me smile.

On July 15 2011 01:53 Gann1 wrote:
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


that's a mistake a lot of people make. don't worry about it


Yeah, I have an knack for overestimating the kindness I'll be treated with (like with that WoW forum post... *shudder*).



Geez, maybe that has to do with the incredibly condescending tone of your posts. Someone asks a perfectly legitimate question about you posting that picture when you said you hated the response, and you respond that he has no integrity?

Get off your high horse. You clearly expect special treatment (and certain posters are glad to oblige as always) when you insult an entire community because they aren't agreeing with everything you say.


I think you seriously misinterpreted my reply. I clearly wasn't saying that he had no integrity, only the people who went ape-shit over my picture (which also isn't insulting the entire community, jesus, I think you just want to be mad at me).

I would like absolutely no special treatment. In fact, I wish people would pay more attention to my game and food reviews than my personal blogs. But, alas, there are only so many games and foods I can write on.

On July 15 2011 02:20 Mortality wrote:
I'm surprised that you would feel sick to your stomach about comments people made over the internet when you were willing to wear such a, ehem, provocative outfit. Especially when said comments come from places like Something Awful. This is why guys don't understand girls.


They also came from places like MMO-Champion. Alexstrasza was my favorite character of WotLK, should I really not cosplay her because she's wearing bikini bottoms? Admittedly, I thought my costume would fit a little differently, but I wasn't going to throw away three months of work because of it.


Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 17:27:58
July 14 2011 17:27 GMT
#59
On July 15 2011 02:20 Mortality wrote:
I'm surprised that you would feel sick to your stomach about comments people made over the internet when you were willing to wear such a, ehem, provocative outfit. Especially when said comments come from places like Something Awful. This is why guys don't understand girls.

So imagine that you are an reasonably attractive engineering student who spent a lot of time crafting a cool costume (and probably spent a bit of time in the gym making sure your fat ass could do the costume justice). Imagine you got to showcase your effort in the perfect cosplay venue and that you are legitimately proud of what you have produced.

Now imagine people calling you a slut or all kinds of unsavory things on the internet for putting due effort into your hobby.

This is not hard to understand at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
July 14 2011 17:29 GMT
#60
On July 15 2011 02:23 Gann1 wrote:
for me, its pretty obvious that Riku has a place in the teamliquid community.

-she posts a lot of blogs that generate many comments

- i like to read things

- i like Riku blogs because they provide a lot of reading material


Dude, be real. Its in the nature of every woman to be attention whore. Do you really think riku wants to teach us how to make cossplay costumes or she wants our attention by showing her naked body? I cant see how this fits here.

User was temp banned for this post.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 942
WardiTV455
OGKoka 196
Rex135
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko371
mouzHeroMarine 297
OGKoka 196
Rex 135
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2564
Horang2 1421
Larva 1258
EffOrt 819
BeSt 633
Soma 459
Hyuk 332
Shuttle 291
Mini 272
ZerO 194
[ Show more ]
Stork 191
Light 176
Rush 158
ggaemo 133
Zeus 131
Barracks 98
Killer 89
Hyun 86
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
sorry 30
Mong 29
Yoon 24
PianO 20
Aegong 18
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
zelot 11
Noble 9
Sexy 9
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Dendi1425
BananaSlamJamma164
League of Legends
KnowMe32
Counter-Strike
byalli772
x6flipin357
Other Games
singsing2157
olofmeister1566
XaKoH 264
crisheroes259
Sick219
Pyrionflax187
B2W.Neo180
ArmadaUGS70
Mew2King49
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream511
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH332
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1698
Other Games
• WagamamaTV223
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.