• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:52
CEST 14:52
KST 21:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7871 users

Being a Girl on t3h Interwebs - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
SiegeTanksandBlueGoo
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
China685 Posts
July 14 2011 16:34 GMT
#21
Interesting read. It gives quite a bit of insight into what the other gender feels.

Now for the epic line,

tits or gtfo.

No seriously though, personally I find it makes no difference for me, but I just tend to troll girls less. I just feel like they get butt-hurt more easily when trolled. If I want a butthurt girl mad at me, I have a girlfriend for that.
What does the scouter say about his macro level? It's Over 9000 minerals!
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 16:36:52
July 14 2011 16:35 GMT
#22
--- Nuked ---
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
July 14 2011 16:36 GMT
#23
On July 15 2011 01:27 Jonas wrote:
The fact that you take a considerable amount of time out of your day to write a blog shows me that you enjoy whatever attention you get. Making a blog post complaining about said attention is sort of ironic in that sense.

That being said: You're an attractive girl that (judging by the fact that you can form complete sentences and create cohesive arguments as well as engaging stories) is reasonably intelligent and you love videogames. You're every nerds' dream girl. So fuck the haters.


Haha, I'm really just bored at work, as I've mentioned before:

On July 14 2011 23:45 Riku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 23:30 StarStruck wrote:
On July 14 2011 14:09 obesechicken13 wrote:
I will hunt down and embarrass ANYONE who tries to make that name stick!


Don't make threats you cannot keep.


Here's the scenario,

You start going out with someone and meet their family for the first time. Dad, brother, Sally or Sue takes you aside and tells you if you do anything to hurt their daughter/sibling they will do xyz to you. The reality: no they won't. One thing I learned a long time ago is not to make promises you cannot keep. Likewise, this is what I tell anyone who tries to white knight.

That's not to say on the rare occasion they won't (I've heard a few stories, but even then they're just stories). I know quite a few loose cannons who are well-versed in fights. Once again, it's all hearsay or better yet hype.

Word of advice: drop the complex. It gets old and people will just laugh at you.

*

Back to the matter at hand,

Riku I'm going to be very blunt.

Why the heck do you care about being accepted on this board? Before you say you aren't, look at the ice breaker you unwittingly used. I love scenarios and examining human behavior so here's another one:

You go out to the bar with a friend. Your friend introduces you to a few of their friends and you mingle. Your new contact cracks a lame joke you normally wouldn't laugh at; however, you crack a smile and giggle. The reality: you tell yourself it was a stupid joke yet you still laugh because you are looking for their acceptance. Tada!

*

The more I read, the more I'm led to believe you are gamer who craves attention. Once again, it's all meaningless and has little to no merit because I don't actually know you. I'm not the type of person who judges someone based solely off their cover. This leads me to my next question: What intrinsic value do you get out of all this?

On July 14 2011 22:26 Cuddle wrote:
Your sacrificial cat picture was deemed sufficient. We are pleased.


Cats are my one weakness too. The cat's name is a very odd coincidence as well. I'm rather baffled at this moment. Hm.


+ Show Spoiler +

I just really enjoy writing blogs.

O.o

If I wanted attention, I'd go back to playing WoW or go hang out more at the AFK Tavern. Hell, I'd at least post more pictures of myself.

As for cats... have I mentioned mine are table-trained?

[image loading]


Edit: You have to realize I also work 10 hour days where the only thing I can do with my spare time when I am letting my data run is write. Blogs are a slight procrastination to the actual stories I'm supposed to be finishing up.


On July 15 2011 01:28 Azzur wrote:
It's actually a pretty interesting story! I actually play more WoW than SC2, and Cata raids have been quite fun. Do you still play?

The only time I was remotely famous on my server was during the WoW vanilla days as I'll do BGs for many hours a day. This was back when they didn't have cross-realm BGs and you got to play with the same groups for some time. I usually yelled at people to teach them how to play.


I actually don't like the Cata raiding that much. I am very much a 25 man raider. 10 mans are fun and all, but 25m is where it's at! I still have an active WoW account, but I haven't logged on for weeks.

On July 15 2011 01:31 OpticalShot wrote:
It's like being a guy in a Victoria's Secret outlet. Go in, check out the sales, maybe ask a question or two to the workers regarding preferences / opinions, shop for what you came for, and get out - and despite being vastly out-numbered in terms of sex ratio, everything goes smoothly.

On the other hand, if you go in and start flaunting the bulge in your pants and shout loudly to everyone what a baller you are being a guy in a lingerie store, what happens next?


I just literally laughed out loud. Bravo.

On July 15 2011 01:33 Mattchew wrote:
You should know as well as anyone how to ignore the trolls and haters on the interwebs... Complaining and getting defensive is just going to fuel them more and more.. keep doing what you like to do stop caring what people think... ask idra if he cares about the thousands of haters he has acquired


If you note in my blog, I stopped when I got defensive and apologized for it and commented that I prefer to take an "I don't give" attitude. Thanks for the advice, though. ;D

On July 15 2011 01:33 UltimateHurl wrote:
Thanks for the blog, interesting perspective. I tend to see revealing any personal info, even gender, online as a little 'damned if you do, damned if you don't', and I'm male. As soon as people know things about you it becomes easy for them to say 'well you would say that, you are X'. Tough to combat :/


Agreed. People can be oddly judgmental online with very little information.
Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
frogurt
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia907 Posts
July 14 2011 16:37 GMT
#24
I only get irritated when girls treat games like a chat room (i.e not shutting up over voice on TF2), if i'm feeling mischievous i'll say something like "HEI HOW MANY BEWBS DO U HAV?, " but otherwise i'll hit the trusty old mute button.

I love hearing people's internet stories, like biographies of the different games they've jumped from. Cool Blog.
"Koreans own white dudes" -Moon
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
July 14 2011 16:39 GMT
#25
On July 15 2011 01:19 Chill wrote:
http://bookblog.net/gender/genie.php
Show nested quote +
Words: 2516

(NOTE: The genie works best on texts of more than 500 words.)

Female Score: 2802
Male Score: 2946

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

Analysis
+ Show Spoiler +
Feminine Keywords Masculine Keywords
[with] 12 x 52 = 624       [around] 3 x 42 = 126
[if] 7 x 47 = 329       [what] 6 x 35 = 210
[not] 24 x 27 = 648       [more] 10 x 34 = 340
[where] 1 x 18 = 18       [are] 13 x 28 = 364
[be] 12 x 17 = 204       [as] 10 x 23 = 230
[when] 18 x 17 = 306       [who] 4 x 19 = 76
[your] 3 x 17 = 51       [below] 0 x 8 = 0
[her] 3 x 9 = 27       [is] 15 x 8 = 120
[we] 3 x 8 = 24       [these] 3 x 8 = 24
[should] 2 x 7 = 14       [the] 87 x 7 = 609
[she] 4 x 6 = 24       [a] 66 x 6 = 396
[and] 88 x 4 = 352       [at] 8 x 6 = 48
[me] 29 x 4 = 116       [it] 34 x 6 = 204
[myself] 4 x 4 = 16       [many] 5 x 6 = 30
[hers] 0 x 3 = 0       [said] 1 x 5 = 5
[was] 49 x 1 = 49       [above] 0 x 4 = 0
                               [to] 82 x 2 = 164



http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php
Show nested quote +
Total words: 2438
Genre: Informal
Female = 4506
Male = 3062
Difference = -1444; 40.45%
Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.


Haha my roommate just got female. That site is brilliant.
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
July 14 2011 16:41 GMT
#26
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 14 2011 16:41 GMT
#27
Bookmarked...
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 16:43:40
July 14 2011 16:42 GMT
#28
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


i love tossgirl

i want to marry her but i need to learn korean first. hope she's into younger guys... she is about 4 years older than me
I drop suckas like Plinko
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 14 2011 16:44 GMT
#29
If you thought that picture was "asking for it" and it had received so much hate in the past why was it the second thing you posted on tl?
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
deathly rat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom911 Posts
July 14 2011 16:46 GMT
#30
I imagine all people on internet forums and in online games to be smooth like He-Man in the downstairs department. I guess it's only natural that young guys with hormones racing try and chat up girls online and do stupid awkward things. All I can say to young guys online is that girls don't go for guys that are enthusiastically interested in them, because that immediately puts you bellow their internal standards. You'll get better results just being freindly and chill.

I'm sure you're right that being female is a mixed blessing on the interwebs. I guess the solution is to make your own little world and live within that, and ignore the rest. I think that is what most people do in RL anyway.
No logo (logo)
lolsixtynine
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States600 Posts
July 14 2011 16:48 GMT
#31
Nice blog, that's kind of how I imagined it was for girls on the internet. Christina H wrote an article pretty similar to this one on cracked, you should check it out if you haven't seen it.

Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
July 14 2011 16:50 GMT
#32
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


:/

That is really unfortunate, I wish there was a way to prevent it, but people can just be utter assholes on the internet.

On July 15 2011 01:44 n.DieJokes wrote:
If you thought that picture was "asking for it" and it had received so much hate in the past why was it the second thing you posted on tl?


Because the first time I decided to post on TL was to get advice on Starcraft cosplay for Blizzcon 2011. Considering I wore that outfit to Blizzcon 2010 and it displays my armor making ability, I don't see any reason I wouldn't post it.

Also, I over estimated Starcraft players and Team Liquid. :/

I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.
Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 14 2011 16:53 GMT
#33
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


that's a mistake a lot of people make. don't worry about it
I drop suckas like Plinko
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
July 14 2011 16:56 GMT
#34
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


Idra also made tossgirl cry. Hopefully that doesnt happen to eve.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Frozenzen
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden97 Posts
July 14 2011 17:00 GMT
#35
It's still an internet forum. And most people don't really know a lot about costumes etc, so their compliments are more likely to lend to the overall look rather than details on the costume. It was a pretty amazing costume though, but when it comes to details I can honestly say I'm completely clueless, even if it looked good. Thus I didn't post, seeing as how I figured you already knew it was an excellent costume from the reactions thus far.

And well, internet and nerds etc, even a heavily moderated forum is likely to have a pretty high quota of that kind of posters, especially when someone does something that can be interpreted as exhibitionist. And seeing as how the internet is all about being negative it will get a lot of negative comments.

Overall, for some reason people like to post bad stuff more than good stuff, which always sucks when someone has a strong opinion or puts themselves out there in some form.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 14 2011 17:01 GMT
#36
i'm glad that the shame of losing to a white guy hasnt transferred over to sc 2 yet

i still want to marry tossgirl so i can comfort her
I drop suckas like Plinko
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
July 14 2011 17:02 GMT
#37
On July 15 2011 01:48 lolsixtynine wrote:
Nice blog, that's kind of how I imagined it was for girls on the internet. Christina H wrote an article pretty similar to this one on cracked, you should check it out if you haven't seen it.



Haha, a very interesting article. It made me smile.

On July 15 2011 01:53 Gann1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


that's a mistake a lot of people make. don't worry about it


Yeah, I have an knack for overestimating the kindness I'll be treated with (like with that WoW forum post... *shudder*).

Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 14 2011 17:04 GMT
#38
i personally enjoy your blogs, especially those that inclue picturse of lyra

keep it up!
I drop suckas like Plinko
Fireflies
Profile Joined January 2010
United Kingdom211 Posts
July 14 2011 17:04 GMT
#39
On July 15 2011 01:41 Skyze wrote:
reminds me of Tossgirl, she got so much hate despite being the only female progamer to really be good enough to compete at a top level. Sure, she wasnt a Flash or Jaedong or Boxer, but come on; theres millions of SC players, how many of them are a Flash or Jaedong? For a girl to be consistently competing at an A-team level, thats very impressive.

Now this Slayers_Eve girl is going to get the same treatment unfortunately.


Not a Flash or Jaedong... she wasn't even a Backho or Iron.

Anyway, well done Riku for making one of the most boastful and egotistical posts I have ever seen on TL.
One giant leap for mankind
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
July 14 2011 17:05 GMT
#40
On July 15 2011 01:50 Riku wrote:


Also, I over estimated Starcraft players and Team Liquid. :/

I figured people here would be more polite and have more integrity.


You were about a year and a half late for that side of TL, SC2 did a good job of messing that up.

Either way, you've had a pretty sweet life, and we both played RO wayyyyy back in the day and had pretty much identical experiences cept I was a dude who flirted with the girls on the forum I used. Just keep on rockin it and doin what you do.

Also these blogs have been a wonderful read every time, thank you so much for giving me so much to read!
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1065
WardiTV715
OGKoka 273
Rex143
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
OGKoka 273
Rex 143
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2281
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 1268
Larva 888
EffOrt 643
BeSt 501
Soma 435
Jaedong 365
Mini 322
Stork 217
[ Show more ]
Light 214
ZerO 192
ggaemo 152
Rush 112
Zeus 110
Killer 79
Barracks 72
Hyun 64
Shine 52
ToSsGirL 32
Bale 29
Shinee 29
Yoon 24
soO 23
Aegong 23
Mong 22
sorry 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 17
Sexy 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
zelot 9
HiyA 8
Noble 7
yabsab 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
qojqva1727
Dendi1566
BananaSlamJamma285
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin651
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes350
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1253
B2W.Neo632
hiko621
Lowko348
Sick205
Pyrionflax192
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)5
Liquid`VortiX0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream555
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH292
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2139
Other Games
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.