• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8738 users

D Ranks Individual Tournament Season 5 - Page 9

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 17:38:27
January 17 2013 15:42 GMT
#161
The problem with "Group of Death" in a D ranks league is that very often, players are simply not well-rounded, so a Protoss will think that Group X is the hardest and a Zerg will think it's Group Y.

From my experience, aeghrur is a monster in ZvP whereas I found Shuruken to be beatable, Arca(crema)'s standard PvP to be inferior to L_Master's, Nagisama's TvP to be like 1 letter rank lower than his TvZ. If you combine all the factors though, I still think Group E is the most difficult for a player to get out of:

1. Full race distribution (2 P, 1 T, 1 Z.)
2. Full vX diistribution (I like to think my vT is scary, L_Master's vZ looks better than mine at least and I'm sure RedAxis' is strong as well given his dominating record on ICCup and DRAKTL, Massssssss is C- so his vP must be on point, L_Master's is good, and mine won me a DRIT).
3. Overall skill level is 3 consistent D+-level players and a winning record C- player.

Case closed.

My predictions for the group I'm in:

sGs.BaBo < Massssssss
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
Long gone are the days when massssssss resorted to cheesing me two times in a row in DRIT and lost the series 0-3. My own PvZ is absolute ASS now and his skill seems to have increased greatly as well. I did lose our last encounter on ladder, but it was non-standard play on Destination, so I don't find it relevant. However, I still don't think I'll be able to beat him

RedAxis < sGs.LMaster
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
Although I will admit I have not seen a lot of RedAxis games and I might be underestimating him in spite of his 90% or so winrate on ICCup and strong DRAKTL performance, I still feel that I can have confidence in L_Master to pull this one through, if not by purely greater skill then by the principle of P>T. Definitely the closest potential match in the group.

Massssssss > sGs.LMaster
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
L_Master said he is scared of him, and apparently he lost their most recent encounter. That's two things you don't want to have going against you when facing a positive C- player. I'm going to go based on reputation here: though L_Master's PvZ is better than mine, I don't think he will win either.

sGs.BaBo > RedAxis
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
I entered a hyperbolic time chamber where I played 5-10 games of PvT against a C+ Terran on LAN at least every other day for about 4-5 months. Towards the end of this period, I was winning 40-60% of my games. I don't think any T stands a chance against me. Again, I could end up eating my words because my form is subpar at the moment, but if there is one thing I am confident in it is my PvT, because it unfortunately came at the expense of all my other MUs.

sGs.BaBo > sGs.LMaster
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
It is with deep regret that I knock out the organizer and a great player. This is by no means a certainty; I have definitely lost to him before. However, our record leans in my favor, and L_Master seems to be puzzled by my playstyle. Even if he is aware of my sneaky tricks, I think I can still pull a fast one on him and take the game.


Massssssss 2-0
sGs.BaBo 2-1

L_Master 1-2
RedAxis 0-2


One thing is clear, 2 of the strongest players in the tournament will be knocked out in this group, and that's sad T-T;

PS. Why does Massssssss have a pretty purple border?! I'm Jealous.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
KaiGreene
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
233 Posts
January 17 2013 15:58 GMT
#162
On January 18 2013 00:42 Jealous wrote:
The problem with "Group of Death" in a D ranks league is that very often, players are simply not well-rounded, so a Protoss will think that Group X is the hardest and a Zerg will think it's Group Y.

From my experience, aeghrur is a monster in ZvP whereas I found Shuruken to be beatable, Arca(crema)'s standard PvP to be inferior to L_Master's, Nagisama's TvP to be like 1 letter rank lower than his TvZ. If you combine all the factors though, I still think Group E is the most difficult for a player to get out of:

1. Full race distribution (2 P, 1 T, 1 Z.)
2. Full vX diistribution (I like to think my vT is scary, L_Master's vZ looks better than mine at least and I'm sure RedAxis' is strong as well given his dominating record on ICCup and DRAKTL, Massssssss is C- so his vP must be on point, L_Master's is good, and mine won me a DRIT).
3. Overall skill level is 3 consistent D+-level players and a winning record C- player.

Case closed.

My predictions for the group I'm in:

sGs.BaBo < Massssssss
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
Long gone are the days when massssssss resorted to cheesing me two times in a row in DRIT and lost the series 0-3. My own PvZ is absolute ASS now and his skill seems to have increased greatly as well. I did lose our last encounter on ladder, but it was non-standard play on Destination, so I don't find it relevant. However, I still don't think I'll be able to beat him

RedAxis < L_Master
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
Although I will admit I have not seen a lot of RedAxis games and I might be underestimating him in spite of his 90% or so winrate on ICCup and strong DRAKTL performance, I still feel that I can have confidence in L_Master to pull this one through, if not by purely greater skill then by the principle of P>T. Definitely the closest potential match in the group.

Massssssss > L_Master
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
L_Master said he is scared of him, and apparently he lost their most recent encounter. That's two things you don't want to have going against you when facing a positive C- player. I'm going to go based on reputation here: though L_Master's PvZ is better than mine, I don't think he will win either.

sGs.BaBo > RedAxis
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
I entered a hyperbolic time chamber where I played 5-10 games of PvT against a C+ Terran on LAN at least every other day for about 4-5 months. Towards the end of this period, I was winning 40-60% of my games. I don't think any T stands a chance against me. Again, I could end up eating my words because my form is subpar at the moment, but if there is one thing I am confident in it is my PvT, because it unfortunately came at the expense of all my other MUs.

sGs.BaBo > sGs.LMaster
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
It is with deep regret that I knock out the organizer and a great player. This is by no means a certainty; I have definitely lost to him before. However, our record leans in my favor, and L_Master seems to be puzzled by my playstyle. Even if he is aware of my sneaky tricks, I think I can still pull a fast one on him and take the game.


Massssssss 2-0
sGs.BaBo 2-1

L_Master 1-2
RedAxis 0-2


One thing is clear, 2 of the strongest players in the tournament will be knocked out in this group, and that's sad T-T;

PS. Why does Massssssss have a pretty purple border?! I'm Jealous.


Haha, nice pun there at the end!

Please predict group F too ^^ (ofcourse I'll 2-0)
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 16:15:57
January 17 2013 16:07 GMT
#163
On January 18 2013 00:58 KaiGreene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 00:42 Jealous wrote:
The problem with "Group of Death" in a D ranks league is that very often, players are simply not well-rounded, so a Protoss will think that Group X is the hardest and a Zerg will think it's Group Y.

From my experience, aeghrur is a monster in ZvP whereas I found Shuruken to be beatable, Arca(crema)'s standard PvP to be inferior to L_Master's, Nagisama's TvP to be like 1 letter rank lower than his TvZ. If you combine all the factors though, I still think Group E is the most difficult for a player to get out of:

1. Full race distribution (2 P, 1 T, 1 Z.)
2. Full vX diistribution (I like to think my vT is scary, L_Master's vZ looks better than mine at least and I'm sure RedAxis' is strong as well given his dominating record on ICCup and DRAKTL, Massssssss is C- so his vP must be on point, L_Master's is good, and mine won me a DRIT).
3. Overall skill level is 3 consistent D+-level players and a winning record C- player.

Case closed.

My predictions for the group I'm in:

sGs.BaBo < Massssssss
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
Long gone are the days when massssssss resorted to cheesing me two times in a row in DRIT and lost the series 0-3. My own PvZ is absolute ASS now and his skill seems to have increased greatly as well. I did lose our last encounter on ladder, but it was non-standard play on Destination, so I don't find it relevant. However, I still don't think I'll be able to beat him

RedAxis < L_Master
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
Although I will admit I have not seen a lot of RedAxis games and I might be underestimating him in spite of his 90% or so winrate on ICCup and strong DRAKTL performance, I still feel that I can have confidence in L_Master to pull this one through, if not by purely greater skill then by the principle of P>T. Definitely the closest potential match in the group.

Massssssss > L_Master
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
L_Master said he is scared of him, and apparently he lost their most recent encounter. That's two things you don't want to have going against you when facing a positive C- player. I'm going to go based on reputation here: though L_Master's PvZ is better than mine, I don't think he will win either.

sGs.BaBo > RedAxis
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
I entered a hyperbolic time chamber where I played 5-10 games of PvT against a C+ Terran on LAN at least every other day for about 4-5 months. Towards the end of this period, I was winning 40-60% of my games. I don't think any T stands a chance against me. Again, I could end up eating my words because my form is subpar at the moment, but if there is one thing I am confident in it is my PvT, because it unfortunately came at the expense of all my other MUs.

sGs.BaBo > sGs.LMaster
+ Show Spoiler [Reasoning] +
It is with deep regret that I knock out the organizer and a great player. This is by no means a certainty; I have definitely lost to him before. However, our record leans in my favor, and L_Master seems to be puzzled by my playstyle. Even if he is aware of my sneaky tricks, I think I can still pull a fast one on him and take the game.


Massssssss 2-0
sGs.BaBo 2-1

L_Master 1-2
RedAxis 0-2


One thing is clear, 2 of the strongest players in the tournament will be knocked out in this group, and that's sad T-T;

PS. Why does Massssssss have a pretty purple border?! I'm Jealous.


Haha, nice pun there at the end!

Please predict group F too ^^ (ofcourse I'll 2-0)


Group F
shuruken 2-0
kaigreene 2-1
nagisama 1-2
cptelem 0-2

edit: also, liquipedia's been updated.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
January 17 2013 16:33 GMT
#164
On January 18 2013 01:07 Nagisama wrote:


Group F
shuruken 2-0
nagisama 2-1
kaigreene 1-2
cptelem 0-2

edit: also, liquipedia's been updated.


Fixed that for you. Optimism ^_^
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
January 17 2013 18:42 GMT
#165
On January 17 2013 18:38 thezanursic wrote:
Gonna sweep my group 3-0!

Watch out Zwardo, Prophecy and Animus!

+ Show Spoiler +
Haven't played for 2 weeks though so this is my excuse if I don't :D, but otherwise:

I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women!

You're horribly mistaken.
+ Show Spoiler +
I can personally attest to the fact that prophecy does not have a woman.
Liquipedia
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
January 17 2013 18:49 GMT
#166
Group E just goes to show that L_Master hates me and doesn't want me to win anything. >:[
twitch.tv/dizzywee
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 17 2013 18:52 GMT
#167
On January 17 2013 23:29 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2013 22:37 t0ssboy wrote:
^ Im pretty sure,that a there were group PP's in last DRIT tours.

Maybe, if you can get the other 3 members in your group to agree to the postpone as well. However, they're not/shouldn't be obligated to agree to a postpone.


Basically this. If everyone else agreed then I supposed it could be allowed.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Sereal
Profile Joined September 2011
94 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 19:01:13
January 17 2013 18:56 GMT
#168
Terrans need to step it up. No person in the drawing seems very strong vT, save for a few protosses. Oh and moe-Ghrur.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 17 2013 18:57 GMT
#169
On January 18 2013 03:49 SynC[gm] wrote:
Group E just goes to show that L_Master hates me and doesn't want me to win anything. >:[


Everyone forgets I'm this group too
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
January 17 2013 19:07 GMT
#170
On January 18 2013 03:57 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 03:49 SynC[gm] wrote:
Group E just goes to show that L_Master hates me and doesn't want me to win anything. >:[


Everyone forgets I'm this group too

You put 4 people including yourself in a very rough situation --;
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 20:05:39
January 17 2013 20:04 GMT
#171
How did i not get in this? Wasnt i one of the first to sign up o.O

Also, HOLY PROTOSS BATMAN.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 17 2013 22:13 GMT
#172
On January 18 2013 05:04 arb wrote:
How did i not get in this? Wasnt i one of the first to sign up o.O

Also, HOLY PROTOSS BATMAN.


Yea, sorry that is correct. 9heart was the next last to show up so his spot belongs to you in group D.

9heart, obviously I'd still recommend showing up as there will undoubtedly be no shows.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Kalk
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany44 Posts
January 17 2013 23:24 GMT
#173
Hi,
is this the ICCUP profile of the Sentenal of my group?
ICCUP Sentenal
Shouldnt be it, but i cant find another one.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 23:36:20
January 17 2013 23:31 GMT
#174
On January 18 2013 08:24 Kalk wrote:
Hi,
is this the ICCUP profile of the Sentenal of my group?
ICCUP Sentenal
Shouldnt be it, but i cant find another one.

Yes, that's me. In case you are complaining about me being in the league for a second time, look at what Lmaster said the first time you complained about me being in the league: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17453041 or what Babo said the first time: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17452526

Funny you single me out and not Ghrur, lol
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Kalk
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany44 Posts
January 17 2013 23:39 GMT
#175
I am not complaining anymore, becaus it is useless. Just wanted to know who my opponent is. I wont play vs you anyway. I will lose my first zvz and you will walk trough 2-0. No problem for me.
+ Show Spoiler +
But just for my information, how is a 21-10 statistic touching c- and falling back, like Jealous described it?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 17 2013 23:46 GMT
#176
On January 18 2013 08:39 Kalk wrote:
I am not complaining anymore, becaus it is useless. Just wanted to know who my opponent is. I wont play vs you anyway. I will lose my first zvz and you will walk trough 2-0. No problem for me.
+ Show Spoiler +
But just for my information, how is a 21-10 statistic touching c- and falling back, like Jealous described it?

Because if you play enough games on 1 map, vs 1 race, with one specific build, you can reach C- easily.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 17 2013 23:48 GMT
#177
On January 18 2013 08:46 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 08:39 Kalk wrote:
I am not complaining anymore, becaus it is useless. Just wanted to know who my opponent is. I wont play vs you anyway. I will lose my first zvz and you will walk trough 2-0. No problem for me.
+ Show Spoiler +
But just for my information, how is a 21-10 statistic touching c- and falling back, like Jealous described it?

Because if you play enough games on 1 map, vs 1 race, with one specific build, you can reach C- easily.

9/10gate is a pretty good build
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
January 17 2013 23:57 GMT
#178
He went 21-10 and ended up with 3063 points, only 63 points above the 3000 point limit. There's a pretty big overall skill between the average C- player to the average D+ player, and the fact that he didn't play any C- player doesn't show if he's really at the C- level.

Plus, despite being C-, he was shown to be beatable, losing twice in the most recent D-rank All-Kill Teamleagues.

He's also entered the last two D-rank Individual Tournaments, and has yet to win one.

If anything, the person you should be worrying about most in the group is Arca(Crema), who's made it to the finals in DRIT Season 2.

Individual tournaments with multiple sets are a lot different than games in Teamleague as well. You're going into the game, knowing if you lose, you're one step closer to being eliminated, which I'm pretty sure everyone wants to avoid. There's also mental factors that play into these games, so there's variables that play out, and you should use that to your advantage, instead of worrying about the ranking someone barely achieved a season before.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 00:30:08
January 18 2013 00:26 GMT
#179
On January 18 2013 08:39 Kalk wrote:
I am not complaining anymore, becaus it is useless. Just wanted to know who my opponent is. I wont play vs you anyway. I will lose my first zvz and you will walk trough 2-0. No problem for me.
+ Show Spoiler +
But just for my information, how is a 21-10 statistic touching c- and falling back, like Jealous described it?

21-10 is 66% winrate vs D/D+ players, which of course could potentially put him in the top tier of D+ players. People who present this sort of winrate, in my experience, rarely have above 50% winrate vs. C- players, in fact it is usually lower. However, the fact that he chose to stop at 3063 limits our ability to truly gauge his skill level, as he is unlikely to have played any games vs. C- players, which most likely WOULD push him into the category I described. Let's also look at other examples:

A. 2 seasons ago, I went 14-0 in the last 2 weeks of ladder, which would make people like you go "WOAH! He's way too good for this league." However, the next season, I earned 28-26 with a high D+. This is more consistent with what people would expect from a DR participant. But, the fact is that I went on an almost equally strong streak, getting to somewhere similar or maybe even better than Sentenal's 21-10. After that, playing against C- and other strong D+ players made me go ~7-16, resulting in a final W/L of 28-26, which is statistically a better representation of my performance due to a greater number of games played. Of course, there is no telling whether Sentenal would have kept climbing up, or if he would fall back down, but based on my experience I think it is far more likely for a player to fall back down.

B. Although many have noted Massssssss's C-, that was also 2 seasons ago, also with a winning record. If you look at his current record, it is something like 38-40 D+ (this is going from memory, ICCup is down right now). The same exact phenomenon - more games leads players to have a less dominant appearance, because a greater sample size allows for a greater accuracy.

Most importantly. you are forgetting the key point of my post: If the administration deems the skill level of an opponent to not be too great for the tournament (usually based on replays, past tournaments, etc.), then you have to take it on good faith that their skill is appropriate. What I suggest you do is instead of using past results that have no matchlist (and therefore no room to analyze whether he was stomping D- players or beating legitimate C-/D+ level players to achieve his rank), you can do the following:

Request that Sentenal present some 10+ minute replays, analyze them, and present a reasonable argument for why he shouldn't be in the league. This was done in prior tournaments.

Of course, I don't think Sentenal would be obligated to do so, but I also don't think he would say "no."

Also, Sentenal is cheesy as fuuuuuuuuck xD
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
January 18 2013 00:31 GMT
#180
On January 18 2013 09:26 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 08:39 Kalk wrote:
I am not complaining anymore, becaus it is useless. Just wanted to know who my opponent is. I wont play vs you anyway. I will lose my first zvz and you will walk trough 2-0. No problem for me.
+ Show Spoiler +
But just for my information, how is a 21-10 statistic touching c- and falling back, like Jealous described it?

21-10 is 66% winrate vs D/D+ players, which of course could potentially put him in the top tier of D+ players. People who present this sort of winrate, in my experience, rarely have above 50% winrate vs. C- players, in fact it is usually lower. However, the fact that he chose to stop at 3063 limits our ability to truly gauge his skill level, as he is unlikely to have played any games vs. C- players, which most likely WOULD push him into the category I described. Let's also look at other examples:

A. 2 seasons ago, I went 14-0 in the last 2 weeks of ladder, which would make people like you go "WOAH! He's way too good for this league." However, the next season, I earned 28-26 with a high D+. This is more consistent with what people would expect from a DR participant. But, the fact is that I went on an almost equally strong streak, getting to somewhere similar or maybe even better than Sentenal's 21-10. After that, playing against C- and other strong D+ players made me go ~7-16, resulting in a final W/L of 28-26, which is statistically a better representation of my performance due to a greater number of games played. Of course, there is no telling whether Sentenal would have kept climbing up, or if he would fall back down, but based on my experience I think it is far more likely for a player to fall back down.

B. Although many have noted Massssssss's C-, that was also 2 seasons ago, also with a winning record. If you look at his current record, it is something like 38-40 D+ (this is going from memory, ICCup is down right now). The same exact phenomenon - more games leads players to have a less dominant appearance, because a greater sample size allows for a greater accuracy.

Most importantly. you are forgetting the key point of my post: If the administration deems the skill level of an opponent to not be too great for the tournament (usually based on replays, past tournaments, etc.), then you have to take it on good faith that their skill is appropriate. What I suggest you do is instead of using past results that have no matchlist (and therefore no room to analyze whether he was stomping D- players or beating legitimate C-/D+ level players to achieve his rank), you can do the following:

Request that Sentenal present some 10+ minute replays, analyze them, and present a reasonable argument for why he shouldn't be in the league. This was done in prior tournaments.

Of course, I don't think Sentenal would be obligated to do so, but I also don't think he would say "no."

Also, Sentenal is cheesy as fuuuuuuuuck xD


This post also goes to show how imba BaBo is and how he should simply make no probes in his Group E games.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 102
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 787
pashabiceps669
x6flipin540
ceh9378
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3605
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
Liquid`VortiX168
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr61
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH251
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade766
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 9m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.