• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7948 users

D Ranks Team League Season 2 - Page 75

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 85 Next
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 18 2012 14:17 GMT
#1481
I think 4 seeds out of 10 teams is fine. PO would lose their prestige if the MAJORITY of teams got into them. Also, the fact that the competition is so tight for the top 4 places is a GOOD thing and should be used as a reason for having just 4 seeds - every set, every match counts!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
April 18 2012 14:46 GMT
#1482
4 seeds for 10 teams is good enough.

The only thing DRTL really needs are players dedicated to the tournament. If we had that, there would be close to no WOs and the scores wouldn't be messed up.

Here are my thoughts on what to do to make it better for next time:

I. Players who fault too often shouldn't be allowed to join in the next season;

II. BO5, with teams composed of a minimum of 7 players;

III. PP allowed, however 24h max delay. If the game is scheduled to 14pm saturday, it can be delayed until 14pm sunday. If the game has been rescheduled and one of the players do not show up, the other player receive a WO no matter what. If both players fail to play the game within that period, both players receive losses.
This should be enforced with strength, even if both players could possibly agree to play monday, that's too bad because the period is over.

IV. Players caught smurfing should be perma banned from TL and future DRTLs/CRTLs/BRTLs/ARTLs/OSLs/SPLs, have they driver's license under arrest, political's rights repealed and extradited to Somalia;
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 14:55:10
April 18 2012 14:53 GMT
#1483
On April 18 2012 23:46 fabiano wrote:
4 seeds for 10 teams is good enough.

The only thing DRTL really needs are players dedicated to the tournament. If we had that, there would be close to no WOs and the scores wouldn't be messed up.

Here are my thoughts on what to do to make it better for next time:

I. Players who fault too often shouldn't be allowed to join in the next season;

II. BO5, with teams composed of a minimum of 7 players;

III. PP allowed, however 24h max delay. If the game is scheduled to 14pm saturday, it can be delayed until 14pm sunday. If the game has been rescheduled and one of the players do not show up, the other player receive a WO no matter what. If both players fail to play the game within that period, both players receive losses.
This should be enforced with strength, even if both players could possibly agree to play monday, that's too bad because the period is over.

IV. Players caught smurfing should be perma banned from TL and future DRTLs/CRTLs/BRTLs/ARTLs/OSLs/SPLs, have they driver's license under arrest, political's rights repealed and extradited to Somalia;

I like these changes, only thing I would amend personally is the 24 hour rule to be anytime BEFORE Saturday (literally any time after lineups posted till Saturday) and to the END of Sunday in whatever time zone the two players are. Reasoning: I work on weekends 9 am to 1 pm, so both Sat and Sunday 1 pm EST is not acceptable for me. I COULD play later on Saturday but most people that I've contacted prefer later on Sunday as it is the day before the work week (therefore not in the way of any leisure activities for most responsible people ^^). So it's essentially like 36 hours instead of 24 for me at least. Obviously this is mostly just for me, but I haven't had a problem scheduling with anyone on Sunday after 3 pm EST with anyone and I don't think it had a significant impact on the running of the league.

EDIT: I should note that I won't be eligible to play next season.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 18 2012 15:31 GMT
#1484
I think there is more effort to aimlessly fill this thread with personal thoughts by players than there is to play in this league and improve, challenging it's entire purpose.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 18 2012 15:39 GMT
#1485
On April 19 2012 00:31 Game wrote:
I think there is more effort to aimlessly fill this thread with personal thoughts by players than there is to play in this league and improve, challenging it's entire purpose.

I think you spend more time posting inflammatory holier-than-thou posts in this thread than you do being constructive (0 posts as far as I've seen at least) to these people whose progress you seem to value so greatly.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 18 2012 16:01 GMT
#1486
On April 19 2012 00:39 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 00:31 Game wrote:
I think there is more effort to aimlessly fill this thread with personal thoughts by players than there is to play in this league and improve, challenging it's entire purpose.

I think you spend more time posting inflammatory holier-than-thou posts in this thread than you do being constructive (0 posts as far as I've seen at least) to these people whose progress you seem to value so greatly.

Is that what you get from a post that tells you to stop flooding this thread with arbitrary bullshit, and to stfu and go play? Because if so, IN MY FAAAACEEEE!!!!
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 18 2012 16:55 GMT
#1487
On April 19 2012 01:01 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 00:39 Jealous wrote:
On April 19 2012 00:31 Game wrote:
I think there is more effort to aimlessly fill this thread with personal thoughts by players than there is to play in this league and improve, challenging it's entire purpose.

I think you spend more time posting inflammatory holier-than-thou posts in this thread than you do being constructive (0 posts as far as I've seen at least) to these people whose progress you seem to value so greatly.

Is that what you get from a post that tells you to stop flooding this thread with arbitrary bullshit, and to stfu and go play? Because if so, IN MY FAAAACEEEE!!!!

But... I've already played all my matches );

Alternately...

Is that what you aimed to prevent by posting almost exactly what you aimed to fight against, OOOOH DISSSS
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
April 18 2012 17:01 GMT
#1488
On April 19 2012 01:55 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 01:01 Game wrote:
On April 19 2012 00:39 Jealous wrote:
On April 19 2012 00:31 Game wrote:
I think there is more effort to aimlessly fill this thread with personal thoughts by players than there is to play in this league and improve, challenging it's entire purpose.

I think you spend more time posting inflammatory holier-than-thou posts in this thread than you do being constructive (0 posts as far as I've seen at least) to these people whose progress you seem to value so greatly.

Is that what you get from a post that tells you to stop flooding this thread with arbitrary bullshit, and to stfu and go play? Because if so, IN MY FAAAACEEEE!!!!

But... I've already played all my matches );

Alternately...

Is that what you aimed to prevent by posting almost exactly what you aimed to fight against, OOOOH DISSSS

Much like your grammar, you are not improving.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
April 18 2012 17:14 GMT
#1489
Currently, I have only 3 lineups present. Please remedy this ASAP, as well as previous weeks' replay situation. Thank you.
s9_IU
Profile Joined October 2011
57 Posts
April 18 2012 19:24 GMT
#1490
StaR Maknaes 4-1 SK Telecom T3
MVP[wOk] > sGs.Newburg ---- WALKOUT WIN
sGs.IU < panix
guygun > essbee
technique > PsyonicReaver
krystaljjang > sheaR ------ WALKOUT WIN
sGs.BillMurray < 9578487892 ----- PLAYED BUT DOESNT COUNT
<Neo Aztec>
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 18 2012 20:49 GMT
#1491
On April 19 2012 02:01 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 01:55 Jealous wrote:
On April 19 2012 01:01 Game wrote:
On April 19 2012 00:39 Jealous wrote:
On April 19 2012 00:31 Game wrote:
I think there is more effort to aimlessly fill this thread with personal thoughts by players than there is to play in this league and improve, challenging it's entire purpose.

I think you spend more time posting inflammatory holier-than-thou posts in this thread than you do being constructive (0 posts as far as I've seen at least) to these people whose progress you seem to value so greatly.

Is that what you get from a post that tells you to stop flooding this thread with arbitrary bullshit, and to stfu and go play? Because if so, IN MY FAAAACEEEE!!!!

But... I've already played all my matches );

Alternately...

Is that what you aimed to prevent by posting almost exactly what you aimed to fight against, OOOOH DISSSS

Much like your grammar, you are not improving.

Au contrair mon ami, I definitely have ^^
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
April 19 2012 08:58 GMT
#1492
Alright, lineups are out. There's a small issue with Fluke and Puyi however, I'd appreciate it if you guys PM me ASAP.
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2611 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 11:16:35
April 19 2012 10:57 GMT
#1493
On April 19 2012 17:58 Nikon wrote:
Alright, lineups are out. There's a small issue with Fluke and Puyi however, I'd appreciate it if you guys PM me ASAP.


Thank you, though you could finally post me as Protoss, as I already stated like 3-4 times in this thread and in a PM to you.

@UED_Sea
I need to reschedule our match. I can play today (thursday) till 14:00 GMT (+00:00). Tommorow (friday) from 06:00 GMT (+00:00) to 09:00 GMT (+00:00). And finally sunday from 18:00 GMT (+00:00) til 21:00 GMT (+00:00).

Please contact me. Also note that I will be playing Protoss not Zerg :/

Edit:
Used Timetag since you come from Malaysia. Please use it too if you answer, thx^^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 19 2012 10:59 GMT
#1494
@Michamicha: Hello, I'll need a postponement (this is sGs.BaBo), please PM with your available times!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
April 19 2012 18:42 GMT
#1495
If anyone has sets of replays please PM me and I'll give you contact info to get them to me. Nikon is having difficulty gathering all the reps but if you have a series available that is last Wk.5 I will most likely cast it
Master Chief
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
April 19 2012 19:00 GMT
#1496
@Nikon: I never got a response to this question: I have sent you all the replays I was responsible for, do I have to send them again? Please let me know, thanks.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
April 19 2012 21:28 GMT
#1497
heyitsmeagain],

What is your TL name so I can contact you?

Nikon: Newburg is MIA. No contact with him. Can I play his match as well?
So wait? I'm bad? =(
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
April 19 2012 21:35 GMT
#1498
Hi massssss, I'm sorry, but I'm unable to play this saturday. Would you mind contacting me so we can reschedule sometime? Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks!
darkness overpowering
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
April 19 2012 21:41 GMT
#1499
On April 20 2012 06:28 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
heyitsmeagain],

What is your TL name so I can contact you?

Nikon: Newburg is MIA. No contact with him. Can I play his match as well?


heyitsmeagain] is economy_yeti
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
economy_yeti
Profile Joined July 2008
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 22:02:47
April 19 2012 21:52 GMT
#1500
On April 20 2012 06:28 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
heyitsmeagain],

What is your TL name so I can contact you?

Nikon: Newburg is MIA. No contact with him. Can I play his match as well?


As Nazza said, this is heyitsmeagain]. As for replacing Newburg, my team has more or less disappeared, not really being able to make contact with any players. I think we're at like 3 or 4 active players at this point, and I just filled the rest of the lineup with people I hoped would show up....That being said, I dont expect corumjhaelen, Mizu, or Advisory to show up
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 85 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1548
WardiTV879
OGKoka 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 244
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8257
Bisu 2180
Jaedong 1439
Shuttle 1406
Horang2 756
BeSt 514
EffOrt 466
Larva 415
actioN 309
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Mind 157
Zeus 104
910 103
Barracks 79
Snow 70
Mong 68
Sea.KH 60
hero 52
sorry 39
Shinee 37
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
soO 27
Killer 25
JYJ 24
Free 23
Yoon 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 19
Shine 15
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 11
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 6
Icarus 5
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
qojqva2279
Dendi989
febbydoto40
Counter-Strike
fl0m2051
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko453
Other Games
singsing2844
olofmeister1146
hiko1009
B2W.Neo755
Livibee490
crisheroes342
XBOCT283
Hui .228
Pyrionflax212
XaKoH 211
Liquid`VortiX162
QueenE55
TKL 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2566
• Jankos2308
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 2m
Replay Cast
9h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.