• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:37
CEST 04:37
KST 11:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10162 users

So the game doesnt work? "Unable to join game" - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Comedy
Profile Joined March 2016
469 Posts
October 27 2020 16:05 GMT
#61
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


you're a real hero!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
October 27 2020 16:51 GMT
#62
Tec27.... That's huge news. Can't wait to see your guy's official post be spotlighted on TL. If the scr servers continue to be shit, the whole world will be on shield battery and bw will be in safer hands.
Shinokuki
Profile Joined July 2013
United States924 Posts
October 27 2020 17:22 GMT
#63
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


You hit all points with this post. Introducing TR 20/24 to korean community destroyed the lag free environment we foreigners once enjoyed
Life is just life
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
October 27 2020 19:02 GMT
#64
Tec27 you are a true hero of Brood War. Take your time, no need to rush in any way. Without RM, Shieldbattery would have been an amazing server we'd all be playing on right now. Thank you for picking up Blizzards slack. I am looking very much so forward to not touching the official servers
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
October 27 2020 19:10 GMT
#65
A workaround that my friends and I have found is:

Stop running BW, go into Launcher, switch regions (globe icon) -> launch BW, go into the server.
Stop running BW, go into Launcher, switch back to original region -> launch BW, go into server, you're now able to join your friend's game.
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
October 27 2020 19:16 GMT
#66
On October 27 2020 07:15 QuadroX wrote:
I think they responded on Twitter to Artosis already. Right now they need to approve $ budget by Activision to fix the servers. This is the hardest part.


? Source on they need to approve $ budget? That makes no sense to me.
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
October 27 2020 19:26 GMT
#67
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.

wow an announcement of an announcement i actually care about. glgl
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
October 27 2020 19:35 GMT
#68
Tec27 this is amazing news, would a LARGE donation help speed up the process? I can't wait to be back on SB...Best latency I have ever played on!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Greth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Belgium318 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 19:36:57
October 27 2020 19:35 GMT
#69
If shieldbattery adds a forced random melee, FFA queue with allied victory disabled, I will pledge my undying loyalty to you and your kin for all eternity.
http://youtube.com/grethsc
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
October 27 2020 19:41 GMT
#70
On October 28 2020 04:35 Greth wrote:
If shieldbattery adds a forced random melee, FFA queue with allied victory disabled, I will pledge my undying loyalty to you and your kin for all eternity.

So that people can spend 24+ hours in queue? Haha
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Pippah
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark359 Posts
October 27 2020 20:01 GMT
#71
Tec27 that sounds amazing! <3

Are you legally allowed to do so?
Greth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Belgium318 Posts
October 27 2020 20:02 GMT
#72
On October 28 2020 04:41 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2020 04:35 Greth wrote:
If shieldbattery adds a forced random melee, FFA queue with allied victory disabled, I will pledge my undying loyalty to you and your kin for all eternity.

So that people can spend 24+ hours in queue? Haha


So ... Partner with the AI projects and add bots to the games. They can learn play patterns from Lucky and Borisu.
http://youtube.com/grethsc
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 21:09:09
October 27 2020 21:08 GMT
#73
On October 28 2020 05:01 Pippah wrote:
Tec27 that sounds amazing! <3

Are you legally allowed to do so?

I feel like this is the biggest thing holding it back, I don't believe it is legal to run a secondary / proxy ladder outside of Blizzards BNET ladder now, using Remastered graphics, I think they would be really upset about that. Although, I believe the reason iCCup / Fish were running was due to the fact that they were outside of the US Jurisdiction, I believe the only reason Fish shut down was that it was too much work / financial burden for the host(S) of the server.

EDIT : Is there a Shield Battery discord ?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
onlystar
Profile Joined March 2015
United States971 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 21:53:16
October 27 2020 21:52 GMT
#74
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


so is this going to split the player base remastered / private shield battery ladder? (i am afraid to think this could not be a positive thing than )
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 22:08:22
October 27 2020 22:07 GMT
#75
Actually Fish shut down because Blizzard first made them an official gateway then told them they could no longer run ads on their server. That killed their income so they couldn't afford to keep the servers running, Blizzard obviously didnt pay them either.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9564 Posts
October 27 2020 22:43 GMT
#76
On October 28 2020 06:52 onlystar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


so is this going to split the player base remastered / private shield battery ladder? (i am afraid to think this could not be a positive thing than )

This is of course a scenario that we want to avoid. We're perfectly fine serving as some sort of a backup role for now, to make sure the community always have an alternative to actually play a game if there's something wrong with the official servers (like it has been for the past week). That's why we're not planning on doing some kind of a big campaign to incite mass migration from official servers to ShieldBattery, and instead choose to give you updates in this random thread. Even our matchmaking will most likely be restricted to certain time periods of a week in the beginning, just to ensure the user base is not completely split right away (and to make finding games on ShieldBattery easier).

However, we do plan on continuing our development of features that official servers do not have, e.g. team matchmaking, so over time more and more users might start preferring ShieldBattery, which might mean that at a certain point the userbase might be sort of split. But, unlike Blizzard, we actually do play this game, so we'll do everything we can to make sure the longevity of the scene is preserved and again, unlike Blizzard, we'll be quick to respond to the feedback and change our approach if needed.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
October 27 2020 23:09 GMT
#77
On October 28 2020 05:02 Greth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2020 04:41 Jealous wrote:
On October 28 2020 04:35 Greth wrote:
If shieldbattery adds a forced random melee, FFA queue with allied victory disabled, I will pledge my undying loyalty to you and your kin for all eternity.

So that people can spend 24+ hours in queue? Haha


So ... Partner with the AI projects and add bots to the games. They can learn play patterns from Lucky and Borisu.

Now we're getting somewhere!!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1210 Posts
October 27 2020 23:17 GMT
#78
Welcome back Tec27!
Flash should fear Sacsri
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
October 27 2020 23:24 GMT
#79
On October 28 2020 07:43 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2020 06:52 onlystar wrote:
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


so is this going to split the player base remastered / private shield battery ladder? (i am afraid to think this could not be a positive thing than )

This is of course a scenario that we want to avoid. We're perfectly fine serving as some sort of a backup role for now, to make sure the community always have an alternative to actually play a game if there's something wrong with the official servers (like it has been for the past week). That's why we're not planning on doing some kind of a big campaign to incite mass migration from official servers to ShieldBattery, and instead choose to give you updates in this random thread. Even our matchmaking will most likely be restricted to certain time periods of a week in the beginning, just to ensure the user base is not completely split right away (and to make finding games on ShieldBattery easier).

However, we do plan on continuing our development of features that official servers do not have, e.g. team matchmaking, so over time more and more users might start preferring ShieldBattery, which might mean that at a certain point the userbase might be sort of split. But, unlike Blizzard, we actually do play this game, so we'll do everything we can to make sure the longevity of the scene is preserved and again, unlike Blizzard, we'll be quick to respond to the feedback and change our approach if needed.


If Blizzard gets their ladder back in reasonable shape, would it be an option to keep it open for 2v2:s?
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
October 28 2020 00:00 GMT
#80
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


You guys rock! I just wanna find you all and shake your hands for all you're doing and did. Too bad I'm poor bastard otherwise I would throw $ or at least if I could help with coding but I'm dumb. Still I believe in you guys. Keep up the gods work!
sunbeams are never made like me...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 104
PiLiPiLi 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
ViBE140
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
NeuroSwarm208
League of Legends
Doublelift5780
Counter-Strike
summit1g7081
taco 682
Other Games
JimRising 582
WinterStarcraft294
C9.Mang0293
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick981
BasetradeTV174
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• poizon28 32
• davetesta28
• practicex 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1099
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.