• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:47
CEST 22:47
KST 05:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7736 users

So the game doesnt work? "Unable to join game" - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
October 25 2020 15:37 GMT
#41
Some kind of Customer support person responded to the threads on it yesterday.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/main-thread-hosting-game-but-others-cannot-see-game/1945/3

Does it work for most people now?
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
October 25 2020 23:18 GMT
#42
I am still unable to join games and all of my ladder games aren't working on any server... lol...
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
SpaNiarD
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Spain353 Posts
October 26 2020 17:17 GMT
#43
Today I wasn't able to get to any ranked game... This is so frustrating
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-26 18:33:16
October 26 2020 18:31 GMT
#44
I can just say what works for me. Relog to bnet 2-3 times fixes my games.

I dont have any ports open as i was told it wasnt needed anymore.

Edit: By relog i mean quit SC:R and close bnet app.
-.-
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3567 Posts
October 26 2020 19:38 GMT
#45
I managed to play a single ranked game after reloging like 4 times. then after that back to the issue of it finding an opponent, loading the screen with just me, restarting. Reloging 5 times after that didnt help so I ended up in custom games.
at least people can join my games (mostly) on EU...
Horang2 fan
Ake_Vader
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden58 Posts
October 26 2020 20:42 GMT
#46
Ranked still seems messed up here too. Played one game then queued again, said it found match three times but either didn't even show the loading screen or it was just me, zzz.
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
October 26 2020 21:26 GMT
#47
Hmm. What if we wrote down the score from our custom matches. Maybe on a website. Have a point system with ranks. Then just give it a cool name, reel in the players.

Seriously. We're closing in on 7 days of this. Only response I've seen is a Customer support sort 5 complain threads into one.

We can wait for Blizzard to do their job.
We can pray that they someone actually has the job of working on Broodwar.
We can go swinging on Twitter, public places where they have to respond, bombard the b.net forums where they actually have people working.
We can go play 1.16.
Or we start gathering know-how, people.

@Mesaber B.net probably didn't work well enough for me to respond yesterday. So here's the lost response "Hehehe =)" /Leif'BW'Persson
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
October 26 2020 21:53 GMT
#48
Nice to meet you Leif BW Persson xD
-.-
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-26 22:17:20
October 26 2020 22:15 GMT
#49
I think they responded on Twitter to Artosis already. Right now they need to approve $ budget by Activision to fix the servers. This is the hardest part.
00Zarathustra
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bolivia419 Posts
October 27 2020 00:41 GMT
#50
Time to crowd fund ICCUP? Or any of those leagues
Zarathustra "You can't spell aNal_Rape without Nal_Ra"
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
October 27 2020 01:19 GMT
#51
Over a 12 hour period, about 50-70 match pairing and failings.
A three hour block with ladder at all.

I don't have the dramatic anger of missing a BSL game like Telecom but I did play for this stupid game only for the ladder access and these guys just don't do the job. Not very happy.

XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 01:27:32
October 27 2020 01:26 GMT
#52
fk this game im playing valorant with 15 ping from now on...

3 years and they can't fix the fking ladder/latency problems.

i give up.
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 02:02:34
October 27 2020 01:31 GMT
#53
This is complete s***. How much will it cost to get Fish / iCCup back running? I don't know how hard it is to run a PvPgn server now, i'm guessing we would have to revert to 1.16.1 (Sounds great...) I'm sure we could get it funded in a very short amount of time.

EDIT : On the forums, others are speculating that they split the US East / USWest (Mainly USWest as it is a much more populated server) into 3 different servers, and that is why when you log on you see different game lobbies, and have trouble joining your friends (public and or private) games. I am not extremely tech savvy in this regard, but I am actually beginning to wonder if they are doing some sort of rerouting now to avoid the KR vs Foreigner lag that has been really frustrating the KR community a lot. Regardless this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Me and my opponent in the Ro8 BSL Chobo league have been attempting to play our games (me and vT-Sfca) to no avail, we tried on every server, through friend list, and even public games. Our last resort will be to switch the region on the BNET launcher, if that doesn't work, what are we supposed to do, flip a coin?

Obviously this is not as big of a deal as if it was the BSL Pro / Gosu league....but still, it is frustrating for anyone, including the tournament organizers.

Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 02:00:56
October 27 2020 02:00 GMT
#54
iCCup never closed down, since its hosted in Russia. Feel free to hop back on there, dunno about population though. Should still be 1.16.1 as I doubt they updated.

Takes like 3-10 mismatches to get into a game, pretty frustrating. I hope they fix it soon, but I'm afraid the one guy working on it over at Blizzard is in way over his head.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
October 27 2020 04:29 GMT
#55
So me and my opponent in BSL attempted to play again today, we attempted changing our servers on the BNET launcher, we attempted playing on all servers, we even had others host games for us, NOTHING worked.

What now Blizzard? Delay the tournament you sponsor? Wut
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-27 06:22:06
October 27 2020 06:21 GMT
#56
What I will never understand.

I played games with koreans for years, dozens and dozens of lag-free games with iloveoov, lag-free games with Nada, I used to play with the polish player Tomson with decent pings. I played with a decent ping with Android.
The only players that always had latency problems with me, were Chinese players.

Yet now, I can't ever get a perfect ping with a korean and when I played kogeT the lag at tr 16 was turn-based.

Is this a result of global internet traffic increase or something? Chaoslauncher used to be good enough to do micro tricks.
I just don't get why it feels like latency has gotten worse over time.
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3716 Posts
October 27 2020 11:04 GMT
#57
On October 27 2020 15:21 AttackZerg wrote:
What I will never understand.

I played games with koreans for years, dozens and dozens of lag-free games with iloveoov, lag-free games with Nada, I used to play with the polish player Tomson with decent pings. I played with a decent ping with Android.
The only players that always had latency problems with me, were Chinese players.

Yet now, I can't ever get a perfect ping with a korean and when I played kogeT the lag at tr 16 was turn-based.

Is this a result of global internet traffic increase or something? Chaoslauncher used to be good enough to do micro tricks.
I just don't get why it feels like latency has gotten worse over time.

Blizzard chose to give people turn rates that make such global coverage impossible, but people see a higher number and they think they want that higher number. Making turn rate configurable like they did was a terrible idea, showing turn rate like they do was a terrible idea. It makes the Korean community extremely insular, and that really is the community that can keep all the other ones afloat as far as matchmaking goes.

The original (ChaosLauncher) lan latency rate had this extremely nice property in that it was basically achievable from any 2 points on the globe. Blizzard devs looked at the code and thought "oh we could make this cool change" and never really asked themselves if they should. They maybe even asked some Koreans if they wanted the change, but it's like asking someone, "hey do you want some free ice cream?" Of course they're gonna say yes, they're not thinking about the long-term effects.

This is all not even talking about the fact that their dynamic turn rate system doesn't seem particularly good for common network conditions, and often picks and re-picks rates that result in stuttering, which makes the game feel worse than if they just picked and stuck with a slower rate.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3716 Posts
October 27 2020 11:06 GMT
#58
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
October 27 2020 11:08 GMT
#59
Thank you!
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
October 27 2020 14:02 GMT
#60
On October 27 2020 20:06 tec27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2020 10:31 TelecoM wrote:
Really, how much could it cost to get Shield Battery / Fish / iCCup back going? I would personally HELP fund this, I don't imagine it would be anymore than 500-1K a month, although I assume it is against the TOS to use Remastered, I wouldn't mind personally... I prefer the full screen SD graphics.

So we were holding off on talking about this a lot until we were ready to launch, but since Blizzard has apparently decided to just let SC:R rot, I'll try and stem the tide of doom and gloom a bit.

The ShieldBattery team has been working for a while (slowly) on a version of our service that is compatible with SC:R clients. We have this working today with most of the things that worked back before Blizzard made our continued development a lot more challenging, plus a lot of nice new things.

However, we are not quite ready to show this to you all. We are very close, but our development speed is still a bit unpredictable, so I can't give you any firm dates. Once we finish things up, though, the service will be open to anyone who wants to sign up for it, and work with any installed SC:R client (whether you have the free version or have purchased HD graphics). We plan to deliver on the things Blizzard promised and never did (team matchmaking chief among them), as well as a lot more.

We don't currently have anything set up to accept donations to support development/maintenance, but that's on my todo list.


This is amazing news! I've only seen a slow death come creeping from the current state. The regrowth of our unkillable game can continue if this get's up and running. It being worked on can keep people from leaving and giving up.

This cancels my plans on being a full time turd on twitter. I think it's for the best to let actiblizz think they killed the game or left it at an "okay" state.

Questions:

Would anything need to be done/reverted from Activision blizzard for shieldbattery to work? Should we be turds on twitter or let them think they killed their unprofitable game?

Do u know where exactly they stand on third party programs?

Is money needed for keeping servers up?

Do you need more people helping out on it? Any specific areas in that case?

Most of us old school/midschool players are 30+, have jobs/family. But there's a lot of goodwill and more moneys. Among the new generations the general bw player on TL is probably still a 25 year old programming student. Saving BW should engage most people in our community.
Maybe they're already on the team. Otherwise they could be.
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 637
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15734
910 68
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc7120
monkeys_forever100
canceldota70
League of Legends
Doublelift1394
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4182
Other Games
summit1g2234
fl0m1471
olofmeister937
FrodaN837
Liquid`Hasu292
C9.Mang0230
Livibee187
IndyStarCraft 113
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2870
• WagamamaTV358
Other Games
• imaqtpie1100
• Scarra711
• Shiphtur657
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.