• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10022 users

Savior apologizes on his Knees - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Furaha
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany271 Posts
December 27 2017 20:15 GMT
#261
To be honest seeing this makes me feel a little bit weird.
Jaeyun is this kind of personality where you cannot really figure out if he is really true or still playing false.

I remember two or three years ago I was trying to make people forgive him, especially korean players.
Because of that I got the chance to talk to him personally.
And the weirdest thing comes now...... He tried to cell smartphones to me...
That was so weird...... I think no one can even imagine.
That made me think, that he probably is still just after the money.
After this experience I stopped talking to him or to other players about forgiveness......

Besides this weird sh*t, he was an awesome completly unique player.
I dont know if this is good or bad. But after this cellphone stuffs, I do not plan to watch him or contact him again D:
Player Manager @janinecgn // facebook.com/ZerglingLove
Nematocyst
Profile Joined October 2017
United States164 Posts
December 30 2017 22:00 GMT
#262

...you cannot really figure out if he is really true or still playing false.


Note: I'm only quoting 'cause it's a common sentiment. not replying to anyone specific, thus I left out the handle

I don't think it matters. I believe in freedom, and punishment for the purpose of reform. To me, that's what a civilized society is, and more to the point, the one I wish to live in. So that is what I promote.

I've seen passionate arguments about what a horrible person he is/was, some from people I respect greatly and even believe without evidence. (since I have none myself, I don't know the man) So I understand animus fine. But I object to the idea that he will do xxx, thus shouldn't be allowed to stream/play/whatever. I simply do not believe a free society punishes people for stuff they might do. That there is evidence he did so in the past is not relevant, it just makes it more likely in theory.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that people can make their own decisions about others. Banning someone from anything makes it impossible to collect the data required to make those decisions. In essence, such a ban pushes one perspective onto other people who should be free to decide themselves.

Plus, it sounds like many think (and I tend to agree with) that his stream will be a flop. Ok, great. So what's the issue with that? Let it flop. Let it succeed. Sponsors can make up their own minds too-- they don't need to adhere to some community-given moral ban.
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
December 31 2017 00:03 GMT
#263
I forgive
#1 Terran hater
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
December 31 2017 00:47 GMT
#264
I hope he streams on Twitch or something, #FreesAviOr
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
December 31 2017 03:21 GMT
#265
If he doesn't play Brood War, I don't really care. It is a massive insult to all fans and people who lost their jobs for him to play the game he had a big hand in destroying.

And based on his actions in the past I highly doubt he actually repented for his crimes. I wouldn't mind people like Fake Yellow coming back, as he admitted to his guilt and has lived an honest life for many years afterwards. Savior on the other hand acted as if he did nothing wrong ("I was only a broker"), banned anyone who said anything remotely close to the word '주작' (Korean meme for Savior's manipulation), and made money by selling BW guides while people in the business found themselves jobless. Does this look like a man who can even feel regret?
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
December 31 2017 09:58 GMT
#266
On December 31 2017 12:21 RWLabs wrote:
If he doesn't play Brood War, I don't really care. It is a massive insult to all fans and people who lost their jobs for him to play the game he had a big hand in destroying.

And based on his actions in the past I highly doubt he actually repented for his crimes. I wouldn't mind people like Fake Yellow coming back, as he admitted to his guilt and has lived an honest life for many years afterwards. Savior on the other hand acted as if he did nothing wrong ("I was only a broker"), banned anyone who said anything remotely close to the word '주작' (Korean meme for Savior's manipulation), and made money by selling BW guides while people in the business found themselves jobless. Does this look like a man who can even feel regret?


Wait, how did he lose people their jobs?
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
December 31 2017 11:05 GMT
#267
On December 31 2017 18:58 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2017 12:21 RWLabs wrote:
If he doesn't play Brood War, I don't really care. It is a massive insult to all fans and people who lost their jobs for him to play the game he had a big hand in destroying.

And based on his actions in the past I highly doubt he actually repented for his crimes. I wouldn't mind people like Fake Yellow coming back, as he admitted to his guilt and has lived an honest life for many years afterwards. Savior on the other hand acted as if he did nothing wrong ("I was only a broker"), banned anyone who said anything remotely close to the word '주작' (Korean meme for Savior's manipulation), and made money by selling BW guides while people in the business found themselves jobless. Does this look like a man who can even feel regret?


Wait, how did he lose people their jobs?

People are misrepresenting Blizzard sweeping the rug from under KeSPA with SC2 with the match fixing scandal lowering the legitimacy of competitive BW being the opening that allowed Blizzard to enter the Korean scene with SC2. The former was going to happen regardless since Blizzard always had the option to force an enormous fee to run tournaments for the game they didn't want to push (like they are doing now) but Koreans sure do love putting bologna slices over their eyes when it comes to mindless hatred.
KungKras
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden484 Posts
December 31 2017 12:26 GMT
#268
I'll forgive him.
But I still don't want him playing SC or making money off of the fans he betrayed. There are other things he can do to make money. He'd only hurt BW if he stayed.

Forgive everything. Forget nothing.
"When life gives me lemons, I go look for oranges"
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-31 12:58:30
December 31 2017 12:57 GMT
#269
^I don't think that is how forgiveness works. On one hand you forgive him but on the other you still want to punish him. I am sick of this attitude. Maybe I want to watch his stream and donate to him? Who are you really to tell me that I shouldn't? I respect Afreecas decision to ban him - they must have their reasons so I don't try to argue with that. But I am fcking sick of random people, who try to tell others what they should be able to watch.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
December 31 2017 13:10 GMT
#270
I forgive you.

*takes buzzsaw to the neck
Deimos
Profile Joined June 2009
Mexico134 Posts
December 31 2017 14:02 GMT
#271
Ok as an update the man stream regularly 4 h:30 min , and he has not a lot of viewers round 700-1000. He is becomming better day by day and his elo is ca 3000 mmr now.

Cheers and have a happy new year
KungKras
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden484 Posts
December 31 2017 14:27 GMT
#272
Forgiveness to me is about the emotional bit. Letting go of anger or hate. It's not about trusting someone again, or forgetting about their actions.
"When life gives me lemons, I go look for oranges"
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
December 31 2017 15:15 GMT
#273
Alright, so if you don't trust him or you don't forget his actions, then you won't watch and support him. But why people who want to watch him, should not be allowed to? You don't hate him, have no anger, you let go your emotional bit, you forgave him!! So clearly you shouldn't be against him streaming for people that want to follow him, right?
Be the change you want to see in the world.
KungKras
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden484 Posts
December 31 2017 15:30 GMT
#274
I just said that I didn't want him playing SC because I feel his fans have gotten exploited enough. I never said that people sould be forbidden from watching him.

Him being banned from tournaments though is good. From a practical standpoint he'd only hurt the reputation of any tournament that he is in.
"When life gives me lemons, I go look for oranges"
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
December 31 2017 15:48 GMT
#275
You didn't say that people should be forbidden from watching him - but you said that you don't want him to play SC. I don't know what do you mean by it (streaming SC or playing tournaments), but since the topic is about stream, then I assume that u don't want him to play SC on stream. And this way, indirectly, people who want to watch him, are forbidden from watching him. No stream = can't watch. I hope I am clear enough now.

I will quickly respond to "but he can stream something other than SC" argument, which will for sure pop up again soon. Sure, he can, but majority of people who follow him want to see him play some games, so there is simply no point of streaming anything else.

The "fans getting exploited" argument is very silly. People should decide how they want to spend their time and money by themselves. I dare to say that him streaming SC wouldn't affect you in any way at all.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-31 20:48:59
December 31 2017 20:46 GMT
#276
On December 31 2017 20:05 r33k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2017 18:58 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 31 2017 12:21 RWLabs wrote:
If he doesn't play Brood War, I don't really care. It is a massive insult to all fans and people who lost their jobs for him to play the game he had a big hand in destroying.

And based on his actions in the past I highly doubt he actually repented for his crimes. I wouldn't mind people like Fake Yellow coming back, as he admitted to his guilt and has lived an honest life for many years afterwards. Savior on the other hand acted as if he did nothing wrong ("I was only a broker"), banned anyone who said anything remotely close to the word '주작' (Korean meme for Savior's manipulation), and made money by selling BW guides while people in the business found themselves jobless. Does this look like a man who can even feel regret?


Wait, how did he lose people their jobs?

People are misrepresenting Blizzard sweeping the rug from under KeSPA with SC2 with the match fixing scandal lowering the legitimacy of competitive BW being the opening that allowed Blizzard to enter the Korean scene with SC2. The former was going to happen regardless since Blizzard always had the option to force an enormous fee to run tournaments for the game they didn't want to push (like they are doing now) but Koreans sure do love putting bologna slices over their eyes when it comes to mindless hatred.

BW scene was on decline, as well as e-sports as a whole. But instead of giving these companies a time to transition to transfer over to something else, the match fixing incident put a nail on the coffin and created the downfall of esports infrastructure (4 disbanded teams, 1 studio removed). As well as sponsors pulling out of OSL which forced people to move quicker while some were already losing jobs because corporations decided to pull out of the scene.

So to say 'Koreans being blindeyed by hate' is really an understatement when their friends who worked in the industry exactly knows how huge the impact was at the time, and how it would impact the scene if such things were allowed to happen again and/or associate with those who helped with matchfixing.

On January 01 2018 00:48 Netto. wrote:
The "fans getting exploited" argument is very silly. People should decide how they want to spend their time and money by themselves. I dare to say that him streaming SC wouldn't affect you in any way at all.

It means downfall of anything BW related on the said platform (which is why Afreeca disallowed such things). If that's how fans want to use their money for, then so be it.
ppp
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
December 31 2017 21:41 GMT
#277
Who cares? Streaming is entertaining, not competing. It's your choice if you watch or not.

Lance Armstrong is part of a pretty great cycling podcast.
OrangeGarage
Profile Joined October 2015
Korea (South)319 Posts
December 31 2017 23:55 GMT
#278
On December 31 2017 20:05 r33k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2017 18:58 Mohdoo wrote:
On December 31 2017 12:21 RWLabs wrote:
If he doesn't play Brood War, I don't really care. It is a massive insult to all fans and people who lost their jobs for him to play the game he had a big hand in destroying.

And based on his actions in the past I highly doubt he actually repented for his crimes. I wouldn't mind people like Fake Yellow coming back, as he admitted to his guilt and has lived an honest life for many years afterwards. Savior on the other hand acted as if he did nothing wrong ("I was only a broker"), banned anyone who said anything remotely close to the word '주작' (Korean meme for Savior's manipulation), and made money by selling BW guides while people in the business found themselves jobless. Does this look like a man who can even feel regret?


Wait, how did he lose people their jobs?

People are misrepresenting Blizzard sweeping the rug from under KeSPA with SC2 with the match fixing scandal lowering the legitimacy of competitive BW being the opening that allowed Blizzard to enter the Korean scene with SC2. The former was going to happen regardless since Blizzard always had the option to force an enormous fee to run tournaments for the game they didn't want to push (like they are doing now) but Koreans sure do love putting bologna slices over their eyes when it comes to mindless hatred.

3 sponsors lost on the spot
4 teams disbanded almost instantly (8 if you count up to 2013)
Lit the fuse for loss of MSL (MBC wanted a reason to replace MBC Game. 2010 got them one.)
Literally begged KAL for sponsorship and planned OSL entirely around them
mmm bologna... right?
Doesn't hurt to do a bit more research before you publicly shame yourself.
I am drone! My dream is Hatchery!
KoveN-
Profile Joined October 2004
Australia504 Posts
January 01 2018 01:02 GMT
#279
savior must be really amazing guy, if you believe the salt in this thread he almost singlehandedly brought down several organisations and caused widespread destruction, the likes the e-sport world has ever seen. Maybe you should send him to north korea and watch the whole thing crumble from the inside? can anyone stop this man? first the BW scene, next the world ?
palexhur
Profile Joined May 2010
Colombia730 Posts
January 01 2018 02:05 GMT
#280
On December 31 2017 21:57 Netto. wrote:
^I don't think that is how forgiveness works. On one hand you forgive him but on the other you still want to punish him. I am sick of this attitude. Maybe I want to watch his stream and donate to him? Who are you really to tell me that I shouldn't? I respect Afreecas decision to ban him - they must have their reasons so I don't try to argue with that. But I am fcking sick of random people, who try to tell others what they should be able to watch.


Then just contact him and give him money, I dont care if He streams, but you with your attitude are disgusting, btw you are a fucking random too.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft294
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft294
ViBE133
CosmosSc2 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1908
Shuttle 546
Artosis 496
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever680
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox397
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5720
Other Games
summit1g7867
shahzam584
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0258
Maynarde120
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick861
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen123
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 41m
Stellar Fest
12h 41m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.