• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8746 users

StarCraft v1.18a Patch Notes; Preparation for SC:R - Page 10

Forum Index > BW General
519 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 26 Next All
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 26 2017 22:34 GMT
#181
On March 27 2017 07:33 pebble444 wrote:
I think there s way too much hype around this; we have all seen what happens when blizzard gets involved in making something "new" .
People where getting excited for sc2, just like this now, and we all see where that went.

Realistically, what could they screw up at this point? Nearly everything is intact int he remaster, and they're giving away the original BW for free for anyone who doesn't want to switch.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 22:42:07
March 26 2017 22:41 GMT
#182
On March 27 2017 07:02 BurstCommand wrote:
what is the 80s Kerrigan glitch? googled and this is basically the only place I saw it mentioned

the game looks like this on windows vista and windows 7. not sure about 8 or 10
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
March 26 2017 22:52 GMT
#183
On March 27 2017 07:34 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 07:33 pebble444 wrote:
I think there s way too much hype around this; we have all seen what happens when blizzard gets involved in making something "new" .
People where getting excited for sc2, just like this now, and we all see where that went.

Realistically, what could they screw up at this point? Nearly everything is intact int he remaster, and they're giving away the original BW for free for anyone who doesn't want to switch.


I' m not questioning what they are doing and saying they are doing. I' m questioning their integrity overall in the past years and this project they undertook. And i' m not saying only because of starcraft.
Even this move right now, is not casual, and the reason they are giving it out for free, is that in 1 years time it will be a public domain game.
This is an excuse not to let go. Granted, they created the game, and its their property. I think the people who created the game learned after a while to let it go. A true master lets go of his work once it is completed, and by completed i don' t mean perfect. Imperfection becomes perfection when something is complete. This mentality nowadays of updating everything all the time, is not useful or important in the long run.
To me this looks like two years someone went right, sc2 has not proven that interesting or productive, lets see what we can do with bw now. Even if its free, trust me they have though about how much they will get back For there investment of having a team working on all this. Its all about the money. No soul.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
March 26 2017 23:01 GMT
#184
Why would it be a public domain game in 1 year?
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
franzji
Profile Joined September 2013
United States583 Posts
March 26 2017 23:02 GMT
#185
The day of this patch goes live, when Starcraft goes free, it s going to be a lot of fun.

I am excited to see if matchmaking is set up already. Even if it isn't, I can't wait to cheese all the noobs, or just play similar skilled noobs. Going free overall for classic broodwar is such a good decision.
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 23:13:26
March 26 2017 23:08 GMT
#186
On March 27 2017 07:52 pebble444 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 07:34 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 07:33 pebble444 wrote:
I think there s way too much hype around this; we have all seen what happens when blizzard gets involved in making something "new" .
People where getting excited for sc2, just like this now, and we all see where that went.

Realistically, what could they screw up at this point? Nearly everything is intact int he remaster, and they're giving away the original BW for free for anyone who doesn't want to switch.


I' m not questioning what they are doing and saying they are doing. I' m questioning their integrity overall in the past years and this project they undertook. And i' m not saying only because of starcraft.
Even this move right now, is not casual, and the reason they are giving it out for free, is that in 1 years time it will be a public domain game.
This is an excuse not to let go. Granted, they created the game, and its their property. I think the people who created the game learned after a while to let it go. A true master lets go of his work once it is completed, and by completed i don' t mean perfect. Imperfection becomes perfection when something is complete. This mentality nowadays of updating everything all the time, is not useful or important in the long run.
To me this looks like two years someone went right, sc2 has not proven that interesting or productive, lets see what we can do with bw now. Even if its free, trust me they have though about how much they will get back For there investment of having a team working on all this. Its all about the money. No soul.


That's really annoying to read, why can't it be part of both. If all the team wanted was money then they wouldn't even start this project, they'd just make something cheap and profitable like those gacha mobile games or something. Not ever single soul invovled in the project was in it for the money given that this was a classic game but of course they need to make it sound somewhat profitable to even get the project off the ground.

And what's this about BW entering the public domain? Aren't copyrights for games 95 years after the publication or is there something else here I'm missing?
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
ChesterShin
Profile Joined November 2015
6 Posts
March 26 2017 23:27 GMT
#187
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.
DarkNetHunter
Profile Joined October 2012
1224 Posts
March 26 2017 23:32 GMT
#188
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
March 26 2017 23:35 GMT
#189
Just right when I got my life together and thought gaming gona be history...
Thanks Blizzard! The technology is finally here I guess ^^!
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
ChesterShin
Profile Joined November 2015
6 Posts
March 26 2017 23:38 GMT
#190
On March 27 2017 08:32 DarkNetHunter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.




Thanks.

Regarding the Multi-Building Select:

I'm a very low level player, so I cannot see why this would make it racially imbalanced. Which race is better off and which is worse off?

As a low level player, this functionality was one of the best things I liked about SC2 as compared to BW. I suppose doesn't matter to me that much, because I loved the BW custom games for which this wouldn't matter too much.

P.S. When I first saw "Native support for Fish", I read it as "Native support for Flash" (cause I have no idea what Fish is) and I was thinking what does that even mean.. I don't think Flash really needs any support.. he's good on his own.
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
March 26 2017 23:42 GMT
#191
On March 27 2017 08:38 ChesterShin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 08:32 DarkNetHunter wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.




Thanks.

Regarding the Multi-Building Select:

I'm a very low level player, so I cannot see why this would make it racially imbalanced. Which race is better off and which is worse off?

As a low level player, this functionality was one of the best things I liked about SC2 as compared to BW. I suppose doesn't matter to me that much, because I loved the BW custom games for which this wouldn't matter too much.

P.S. When I first saw "Native support for Fish", I read it as "Native support for Flash" (cause I have no idea what Fish is) and I was thinking what does that even mean.. I don't think Flash really needs any support.. he's good on his own.
Zergs use hatcheries for macro, and as a result they need a lot less infrastructure. If a terran or protoss could bind 30 gateways/15 factories etc to one key and macro off it, they would have a large advantage in terms of focus etc.

Fish is a private third party ladder where basically all the koreans play. I dont know what kind of support they're offering, but hopefully something that will make it easier for english players to get in there. Currently you have to type in " I am korean" in hangul just to activate their anti hack, which is frustrating/difficult and pointless. We shall see!
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
ChesterShin
Profile Joined November 2015
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 23:59:43
March 26 2017 23:54 GMT
#192
On March 27 2017 08:42 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 08:38 ChesterShin wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:32 DarkNetHunter wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.




Thanks.

Regarding the Multi-Building Select:

I'm a very low level player, so I cannot see why this would make it racially imbalanced. Which race is better off and which is worse off?

As a low level player, this functionality was one of the best things I liked about SC2 as compared to BW. I suppose doesn't matter to me that much, because I loved the BW custom games for which this wouldn't matter too much.

P.S. When I first saw "Native support for Fish", I read it as "Native support for Flash" (cause I have no idea what Fish is) and I was thinking what does that even mean.. I don't think Flash really needs any support.. he's good on his own.
Zergs use hatcheries for macro, and as a result they need a lot less infrastructure. If a terran or protoss could bind 30 gateways/15 factories etc to one key and macro off it, they would have a large advantage in terms of focus etc.

Fish is a private third party ladder where basically all the koreans play. I dont know what kind of support they're offering, but hopefully something that will make it easier for english players to get in there. Currently you have to type in " I am korean" in hangul just to activate their anti hack, which is frustrating/difficult and pointless. We shall see!



Hmm, I suppose this imbalance was addressed in SC2 with the introduction of the queen's inject ability.

Thanks again for the explanation of Fish!
L3monsta
Profile Joined May 2012
New Zealand149 Posts
March 27 2017 00:25 GMT
#193
I know probably most people would be against it, but I would really like to be able to rally workers straight to the minerals... It'd be the greatest QoL feature for me (apart from changing hotkeys) I'm okay if they leave the 12 unit selection and everything else as is, but this one is such a big pet peve.
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-27 00:35:10
March 27 2017 00:34 GMT
#194
On March 27 2017 07:34 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 07:33 pebble444 wrote:
I think there s way too much hype around this; we have all seen what happens when blizzard gets involved in making something "new" .
People where getting excited for sc2, just like this now, and we all see where that went.

Realistically, what could they screw up at this point? Nearly everything is intact int he remaster, and they're giving away the original BW for free for anyone who doesn't want to switch.

Looks like they might break custom games, specifically any map that relies on EUD or extended players - for supply, building upgrades, or other miscellaneous things. A majority of modern UMS maps use these techniques. With fish and anti-hack integration, I'm assuming this will mean no separate fish servers with nigh-mandatory wdetector (with EUD plugin built-in). If this is true, it would almost completely kill the custom game scene in korea.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-27 00:49:37
March 27 2017 00:40 GMT
#195
is this really happening or am i dreaming?

long have i asked for updated bnet with core bw game. updated graphics is the cherry on top.

blizz finally knows what theyre doing.

On March 27 2017 08:35 NB wrote:
Just right when I got my life together and thought gaming gona be history...
Thanks Blizzard! The technology is finally here I guess ^^!

omfg, this is ME so much rn.
Skol
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
March 27 2017 01:07 GMT
#196
Hmmm not sure about that keybind option. I wonder if BW tournaments in Korea will force traditional keybinds as a rule just to make it match the original as much as possible.

I feel like one of the most physically difficult things in BW is when your hand needs to be removed from the keyboard (or slid long distance) to hit your next sequence of keys. 1ta2ta5i0s is quite different from 1ta2ta5eQs. (This is Groups 1-2 are marines stim-attack. Group 5 vessel irradiate(i->e). Group 0(->Q) scanner sweep). I really like that physical element to BW.

032603
Profile Joined November 2015
1 Post
March 27 2017 01:10 GMT
#197
Will port-forwarding be fixed?
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 27 2017 01:37 GMT
#198
On March 27 2017 10:10 032603 wrote:
Will port-forwarding be fixed?
Supposedly thats the upnp stuff
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
beg
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
991 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-27 02:07:27
March 27 2017 02:03 GMT
#199
Am I the only one being scared cause the release date is 3/30 ? Way too close to April 1st ...

Anyway. I hope this is real. Haven't played RTS since SC2:HotS and never played BW. I'm looking forward to meet you guys.
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
March 27 2017 02:07 GMT
#200
On March 27 2017 11:03 beg wrote:
Am I the only one being scared cause the release date is 3/30 ?

Way too close to April 1st ...


They wouldn't dare joke with such things lol. Thats a murder case right there.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Sea.KH 79
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Dewaltoss 60
Hyun 60
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4893
qojqva2357
Dendi1025
Counter-Strike
Fnx 515
Other Games
olofmeister1380
hiko939
B2W.Neo744
Lowko337
crisheroes300
DeMusliM286
Pyrionflax205
XBOCT204
Hui .180
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX143
QueenE85
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV806
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV656
League of Legends
• Nemesis2293
• Jankos2128
• TFBlade706
Other Games
• Shiphtur108
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 47m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.