• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8734 users

StarCraft v1.18a Patch Notes; Preparation for SC:R - Page 11

Forum Index > BW General
519 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 26 Next All
c0sm0naut
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1229 Posts
March 27 2017 03:19 GMT
#201
On March 27 2017 09:25 L3monsta wrote:
I know probably most people would be against it, but I would really like to be able to rally workers straight to the minerals... It'd be the greatest QoL feature for me (apart from changing hotkeys) I'm okay if they leave the 12 unit selection and everything else as is, but this one is such a big pet peve.


its really not a big deal, but then again i wouldnt be totally opposed to this change either. i just think, "i had to learn this, why shouldnt he?"
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 27 2017 03:24 GMT
#202
It is a very big deal, but its kind of an important macro chore to do. Attention & Focus are an important of Brood War, so taking that out, would have serious consequences on how easy it is to macro up and the like.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
March 27 2017 03:45 GMT
#203
On March 27 2017 08:38 ChesterShin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 08:32 DarkNetHunter wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.




Thanks.

Regarding the Multi-Building Select:

I'm a very low level player, so I cannot see why this would make it racially imbalanced. Which race is better off and which is worse off?

As a low level player, this functionality was one of the best things I liked about SC2 as compared to BW. I suppose doesn't matter to me that much, because I loved the BW custom games for which this wouldn't matter too much.

P.S. When I first saw "Native support for Fish", I read it as "Native support for Flash" (cause I have no idea what Fish is) and I was thinking what does that even mean.. I don't think Flash really needs any support.. he's good on his own.

If i dont have to tab back to my base but can instead hit one button and go vvvvvvttt that is a huge fucking deal
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Iona_urith
Profile Joined March 2017
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-27 04:28:18
March 27 2017 04:27 GMT
#204
-improved anti cheat.

Thank fucking God. No drop hack douche bags. Al though I wish they would still let you spoof
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
March 27 2017 04:48 GMT
#205
On March 27 2017 10:37 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 10:10 032603 wrote:
Will port-forwarding be fixed?
Supposedly thats the upnp stuff

Which won't help everyone.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
mechpaul
Profile Joined March 2016
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-27 05:38:46
March 27 2017 05:38 GMT
#206
I'd also love to see a better screenshot system. Saving to PCX when nobody uses that format could be improved to JPG or PNG.

But if anyone is looking for something to convert from PCX to PNG, check out my tool here: https://github.com/mechpaul/pcxtopng/releases
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
March 27 2017 07:49 GMT
#207
On March 27 2017 05:39 Rea-Rea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2017 14:28 Probemicro wrote:
>Valkyries will fire missiles regardless of population size
>no balance change

pick one


>implying fixing a bug that has been problematic for years is a balance change
>being that delusional


It is a balance change. How is it not? Valkyries will do more damage in large scale battles.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Incanus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada695 Posts
March 27 2017 07:53 GMT
#208
On March 27 2017 14:38 mechpaul wrote:
I'd also love to see a better screenshot system. Saving to PCX when nobody uses that format could be improved to JPG or PNG.

But if anyone is looking for something to convert from PCX to PNG, check out my tool here: https://github.com/mechpaul/pcxtopng/releases

Starting from the unreleased 1.17 patch, screenshots are now saved as PNG instead of PCX.
Source: https://bnetdocs.org/news/118/starcraft-patch-1-17-0-pre-release
Flash: "Why am I so good?" *sob sob*
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
March 27 2017 08:29 GMT
#209
On March 27 2017 16:49 ICanFlyLow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 05:39 Rea-Rea wrote:
On March 26 2017 14:28 Probemicro wrote:
>Valkyries will fire missiles regardless of population size
>no balance change

pick one


>implying fixing a bug that has been problematic for years is a balance change
>being that delusional


It is a balance change. How is it not? Valkyries will do more damage in large scale battles.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this bug did not happen in 1v1 matches. Although if we're just talking semantics and what constitutes a balance change, I ain't barking up that tree.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 27 2017 08:43 GMT
#210
On March 27 2017 17:29 SCC-Faust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 16:49 ICanFlyLow wrote:
On March 27 2017 05:39 Rea-Rea wrote:
On March 26 2017 14:28 Probemicro wrote:
>Valkyries will fire missiles regardless of population size
>no balance change

pick one


>implying fixing a bug that has been problematic for years is a balance change
>being that delusional


It is a balance change. How is it not? Valkyries will do more damage in large scale battles.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this bug did not happen in 1v1 matches. Although if we're just talking semantics and what constitutes a balance change, I ain't barking up that tree.


It does. someone said in the other thread that it happened during flash vs.sea not too long ago.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/520049-starcraft-remastered-coming-in-may?page=46#904
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
ColdLava
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada1673 Posts
March 27 2017 09:04 GMT
#211
On March 27 2017 08:42 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 08:38 ChesterShin wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:32 DarkNetHunter wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.




Thanks.

Regarding the Multi-Building Select:

I'm a very low level player, so I cannot see why this would make it racially imbalanced. Which race is better off and which is worse off?

As a low level player, this functionality was one of the best things I liked about SC2 as compared to BW. I suppose doesn't matter to me that much, because I loved the BW custom games for which this wouldn't matter too much.

P.S. When I first saw "Native support for Fish", I read it as "Native support for Flash" (cause I have no idea what Fish is) and I was thinking what does that even mean.. I don't think Flash really needs any support.. he's good on his own.
Zergs use hatcheries for macro, and as a result they need a lot less infrastructure. If a terran or protoss could bind 30 gateways/15 factories etc to one key and macro off it, they would have a large advantage in terms of focus etc.

Fish is a private third party ladder where basically all the koreans play. I dont know what kind of support they're offering, but hopefully something that will make it easier for english players to get in there. Currently you have to type in " I am korean" in hangul just to activate their anti hack, which is frustrating/difficult and pointless. We shall see!


As someone who's played a lot of both games (as I'm sure you have), I don't think the balance change will be very drastic if you can multiselect buildings. Everyone would have improvements and advantages that would come from the extra amount of time to focus, however, if you played a reasonable amount of BW, you became pretty quick at macroing even from large amounts of buildings, and you knew when to pick your spots. (..Well, that was usually still when I'd lose my entire M&M army to 3 lurkers!!)
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 27 2017 10:07 GMT
#212
On March 27 2017 18:04 ColdLava wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 08:42 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:38 ChesterShin wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:32 DarkNetHunter wrote:
On March 27 2017 08:27 ChesterShin wrote:
1. I hope that we will be able to make units out of more than just one building (same type of building) at a time like in SC2. As in, we could select two or more barracks, and click the hot key for a marine as many times as the number of units we want to/can make.

2. What is keybind? Thanks.


1. The answer is No (we refer to that as Multi-Building Select), this is considered a Cheat(hack) in Starcraft Broodwar and affects racial balance significantly.

2. Keybind means you can rebind your hotkeys to different keys. So if Marine by default is 'M' you could rebind it to 'R' or whatever you wished.




Thanks.

Regarding the Multi-Building Select:

I'm a very low level player, so I cannot see why this would make it racially imbalanced. Which race is better off and which is worse off?

As a low level player, this functionality was one of the best things I liked about SC2 as compared to BW. I suppose doesn't matter to me that much, because I loved the BW custom games for which this wouldn't matter too much.

P.S. When I first saw "Native support for Fish", I read it as "Native support for Flash" (cause I have no idea what Fish is) and I was thinking what does that even mean.. I don't think Flash really needs any support.. he's good on his own.
Zergs use hatcheries for macro, and as a result they need a lot less infrastructure. If a terran or protoss could bind 30 gateways/15 factories etc to one key and macro off it, they would have a large advantage in terms of focus etc.

Fish is a private third party ladder where basically all the koreans play. I dont know what kind of support they're offering, but hopefully something that will make it easier for english players to get in there. Currently you have to type in " I am korean" in hangul just to activate their anti hack, which is frustrating/difficult and pointless. We shall see!


As someone who's played a lot of both games (as I'm sure you have), I don't think the balance change will be very drastic if you can multiselect buildings. Everyone would have improvements and advantages that would come from the extra amount of time to focus, however, if you played a reasonable amount of BW, you became pretty quick at macroing even from large amounts of buildings, and you knew when to pick your spots. (..Well, that was usually still when I'd lose my entire M&M army to 3 lurkers!!)

I have to disagree. Macroing bio in TvZ would be hilariously easy... I think TvZ is one of the most mechanically demanding matchups, and otherwise would be too easy for Terran. Also, in TvP, timing pushes like 5 factory would be so much easier to execute well.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
March 27 2017 10:18 GMT
#213
In general, terran would benefit most out of mbs. :D
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7170 Posts
March 27 2017 10:39 GMT
#214
So,i guess fixing the bug that causes dragons freeze will also fix lings,marines hydras and medics too ?if not then we need somehow let them know this should be fixed lol.or u will have me switching to protoss right away.
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
March 27 2017 10:48 GMT
#215
Well the bug is a side effect of unit command priorities, I guess, and therefore affects all units, but is more prevalent with Dragoons simply because of their awfully long attack animation (thus making it more likely to command-jam them mid-attack). If they can identify the cause, it would be more easy and straight forward to just fix the general problem than to build a workaround specifically for the goon and there would be no reason not to, so I guess it will be fixed in general.
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1774 Posts
March 27 2017 10:54 GMT
#216
I want the source code on github!!
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
InDi
Profile Joined April 2010
Spain90 Posts
March 27 2017 10:54 GMT
#217
It happens to all units, been happening a lot to me with Zealots lately and it is extremely frustrating when you have 1 zealot in the worker line who just freezes and doesn't kill anything while u are microing the others...

So guess they will fix all, but as said before Dragoons is the main issue, since it is the most likely to happen
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
March 27 2017 10:57 GMT
#218
I would have added additional, optional noob friendly features to the campaign and maybe even to LAN (ONLY OPTIONAL). I do not want or need those but friends of mine do not want to play BW because of the mechanical demand. It would have been nice to be able to play with them at least on LAN.
Total Annihilation Zero
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7170 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-27 11:02:43
March 27 2017 11:01 GMT
#219
Man u can win the campaign with 1 hand whats wrong with people ?,do you want to win the game without any any effort ? lol

i loved to play ps1 dinocrisis 1 2 resident evil,metal gear,alone in the dark,soul river,great games,and they werent easy
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
March 27 2017 11:29 GMT
#220
You dont understand. I am superior in intellect to Flash. The only thing holding me back from beating him is because all he does is muscle memory. With no mechanics I can clearly outstrategize him and win easy. All BW is today is just mechanics, no strategy. It is a strategy game in the end.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Sea.KH 79
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Dewaltoss 60
Hyun 60
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4893
qojqva2357
Dendi1025
Counter-Strike
Fnx 515
Other Games
olofmeister1380
hiko939
B2W.Neo744
Lowko337
crisheroes300
DeMusliM286
Pyrionflax205
XBOCT204
Hui .180
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX143
QueenE85
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV806
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV656
League of Legends
• Nemesis2293
• Jankos2128
• TFBlade706
Other Games
• Shiphtur108
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 47m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.