• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:37
CEST 04:37
KST 11:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8605 users

StarCraft v1.18a Patch Notes; Preparation for SC:R - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
519 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 19:16:18
March 26 2017 19:14 GMT
#161
On March 27 2017 04:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 03:52 Bareleon wrote:
Anyone know what day this week BW will be patched? I wanna try out the match making.

Looks like the patch is coming on Thursday according to the OP, but I don't think it'll include matchmaking. I think matchmaking will be limited to the Remastered edition.


I don't think so. I think it will come with the patch. Look at the last item in the list (I think it was the last item, before the bugs).

If it doesn't come with the new patch then they will probably wait till SCRE comes out then patch BW with match making too. It will be on both games since someone who has BW can play against somebody who has SCRE in the same match.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 26 2017 19:19 GMT
#162
On March 27 2017 04:14 Bareleon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 04:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 03:52 Bareleon wrote:
Anyone know what day this week BW will be patched? I wanna try out the match making.

Looks like the patch is coming on Thursday according to the OP, but I don't think it'll include matchmaking. I think matchmaking will be limited to the Remastered edition.


I don't think so. I think it will come with the patch. Look at the last item in the list (I think it was the last item, before the bugs).

If it doesn't come with the new patch then they will probably wait till SCRE comes out then patch BW with match making too. It will be on both games since someone who has BW can play against somebody who has SCRE in the same match.

It says "added support for Fish" which is the Korean third-party server with its own ladder, but it isn't matchmaking.

We'll see if they add it to BW in a future patch when SC:R comes out.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
March 26 2017 19:21 GMT
#163
On March 27 2017 04:19 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 04:14 Bareleon wrote:
On March 27 2017 04:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 03:52 Bareleon wrote:
Anyone know what day this week BW will be patched? I wanna try out the match making.

Looks like the patch is coming on Thursday according to the OP, but I don't think it'll include matchmaking. I think matchmaking will be limited to the Remastered edition.


I don't think so. I think it will come with the patch. Look at the last item in the list (I think it was the last item, before the bugs).

If it doesn't come with the new patch then they will probably wait till SCRE comes out then patch BW with match making too. It will be on both games since someone who has BW can play against somebody who has SCRE in the same match.

It says "added support for Fish" which is the Korean third-party server with its own ladder, but it isn't matchmaking.

We'll see if they add it to BW in a future patch when SC:R comes out.


Yeah but doesn't that mean the fish ladder will be built in?
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
March 26 2017 19:25 GMT
#164
On March 27 2017 04:14 Bareleon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 04:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 03:52 Bareleon wrote:
Anyone know what day this week BW will be patched? I wanna try out the match making.

Looks like the patch is coming on Thursday according to the OP, but I don't think it'll include matchmaking. I think matchmaking will be limited to the Remastered edition.


I don't think so. I think it will come with the patch. Look at the last item in the list (I think it was the last item, before the bugs).

If it doesn't come with the new patch then they will probably wait till SCRE comes out then patch BW with match making too. It will be on both games since someone who has BW can play against somebody who has SCRE in the same match.

I suspect matchmaking will be limited to SCRE. Otherwise they lose a part of sales potential.
Many people would jump at trying BW if they knew a functional matchmaking exists.
nobody likes to look for games in channels, especially new kids I assume. It takes overcoming shyness.
Not only that, when you do find a partner, if you're a newbie, you'll get stomped the first 500 games. :p
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 19:27:07
March 26 2017 19:26 GMT
#165
On March 27 2017 04:21 Bareleon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 04:19 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 04:14 Bareleon wrote:
On March 27 2017 04:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 03:52 Bareleon wrote:
Anyone know what day this week BW will be patched? I wanna try out the match making.

Looks like the patch is coming on Thursday according to the OP, but I don't think it'll include matchmaking. I think matchmaking will be limited to the Remastered edition.


I don't think so. I think it will come with the patch. Look at the last item in the list (I think it was the last item, before the bugs).

If it doesn't come with the new patch then they will probably wait till SCRE comes out then patch BW with match making too. It will be on both games since someone who has BW can play against somebody who has SCRE in the same match.

It says "added support for Fish" which is the Korean third-party server with its own ladder, but it isn't matchmaking.

We'll see if they add it to BW in a future patch when SC:R comes out.


Yeah but doesn't that mean the fish ladder will be built in?

It'll probably be built into the Fish server which will can be selected from the official list of regions/servers, but I wasn't aware that the ladder had automatic matchmaking like SC2. Having the ladder and ratings will still be useful.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
raff100
Profile Joined April 2011
498 Posts
March 26 2017 19:34 GMT
#166
Do you think that Matchmaking and ladder systems will be the same of SC2,with Leagues and MMR?
Honestly, I don't care that much about old graphics, I just want fair matches and a ladder to climb without having to install other programs .
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 19:39:25
March 26 2017 19:39 GMT
#167
On March 27 2017 04:26 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2017 04:21 Bareleon wrote:
On March 27 2017 04:19 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 04:14 Bareleon wrote:
On March 27 2017 04:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 27 2017 03:52 Bareleon wrote:
Anyone know what day this week BW will be patched? I wanna try out the match making.

Looks like the patch is coming on Thursday according to the OP, but I don't think it'll include matchmaking. I think matchmaking will be limited to the Remastered edition.


I don't think so. I think it will come with the patch. Look at the last item in the list (I think it was the last item, before the bugs).

If it doesn't come with the new patch then they will probably wait till SCRE comes out then patch BW with match making too. It will be on both games since someone who has BW can play against somebody who has SCRE in the same match.

It says "added support for Fish" which is the Korean third-party server with its own ladder, but it isn't matchmaking.

We'll see if they add it to BW in a future patch when SC:R comes out.


Yeah but doesn't that mean the fish ladder will be built in?

It'll probably be built into the Fish server which will can be selected from the official list of regions/servers, but I wasn't aware that the ladder had automatic matchmaking like SC2. Having the ladder and ratings will still be useful.

Yeah I think you'll still have to find your own matches and most likely handle all the stuff like opening ports on your Router to host.
kiss kiss fall in love
Rea-Rea
Profile Joined September 2009
United States42 Posts
March 26 2017 20:39 GMT
#168
On March 26 2017 14:28 Probemicro wrote:
>Valkyries will fire missiles regardless of population size
>no balance change

pick one


>implying fixing a bug that has been problematic for years is a balance change
>being that delusional
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
March 26 2017 20:44 GMT
#169
On March 27 2017 05:39 Rea-Rea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2017 14:28 Probemicro wrote:
>Valkyries will fire missiles regardless of population size
>no balance change

pick one


>implying fixing a bug that has been problematic for years is a balance change
>being that delusional


To play devil's advocate it'd mean valkyries are a suitable solution to mass air. Not that you go mass air against Terran often anyways...

The dragoon bug fix is fairly large. Sergei Ozhigin claims to have lost in the Sky 2001 OSL due to this. I do think this is for the better though.

All in all I think these are good changes, and would hardly affect the balance.
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
March 26 2017 21:09 GMT
#170
This should be fun!
Brood War forever!
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 21:11:25
March 26 2017 21:09 GMT
#171
Valks already are a suitable solution to mass air. This might impact valkonic builds in tvz a bit, but its probably going to have the biggest impact in just strengthening the trend for air battles in TVT. It is a balance change. But fixing a legitimate glitch that did nothing but impede the game is totally fine lol.
On March 27 2017 04:34 raff100 wrote:
Do you think that Matchmaking and ladder systems will be the same of SC2,with Leagues and MMR?
Honestly, I don't care that much about old graphics, I just want fair matches and a ladder to climb without having to install other programs .
Even if it didnt (I hope it does ofc) you wont have to install diff programs to get third party ladders.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
March 26 2017 21:11 GMT
#172
StarCraft and BroodWar are now officially free? That's really exciting, especially for inviting new players.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 26 2017 21:15 GMT
#173
On March 27 2017 06:11 figq wrote:
StarCraft and BroodWar are now officially free? That's really exciting, especially for inviting new players.

With the upcoming patch, they will be!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Canadianboy
Profile Joined December 2016
32 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-26 21:50:18
March 26 2017 21:49 GMT
#174
Im confused, will the original game have matchmaking or that's only included in the remastered?
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 26 2017 21:54 GMT
#175
On March 27 2017 06:49 Canadianboy wrote:
Im confused, will the original game have matchmaking or that's only included in the remastered?

Matchmaking is only for the remastered at the moment. The original is not getting matchmaking this week, and it's unknown if it will get matchmaking later.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
BurstCommand
Profile Joined March 2017
1 Post
March 26 2017 22:02 GMT
#176
what is the 80s Kerrigan glitch? googled and this is basically the only place I saw it mentioned
Poly_Optimize
Profile Joined March 2016
Canada156 Posts
March 26 2017 22:17 GMT
#177
Wow this is very cool that BW will be completely free. Does it mean that BW:R will be free too?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
March 26 2017 22:23 GMT
#178
On March 27 2017 07:17 Poly_Optimize wrote:
Wow this is very cool that BW will be completely free. Does it mean that BW:R will be free too?

It will not be free, price is still TBD
dunne_bo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bolivia79 Posts
March 26 2017 22:32 GMT
#179
On March 27 2017 07:02 BurstCommand wrote:
what is the 80s Kerrigan glitch? googled and this is basically the only place I saw it mentioned

I believe it refers to the glitch where all the colors get messed up after alt-tabing.
o.o
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
March 26 2017 22:33 GMT
#180
I think there s way too much hype around this; we have all seen what happens when blizzard gets involved in making something "new" .
People where getting excited for sc2, just like this now, and we all see where that went.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1868
GuemChi 1518
Artosis 629
910 73
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
febbydoto9
Counter-Strike
taco 527
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox476
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1979
JimRising 590
C9.Mang0356
Day[9].tv344
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde112
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv344
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 23m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 23m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 23m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.