• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:33
CEST 22:33
KST 05:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

Tasteless and Artosis will cast VNSL semi-finals and final…

Forum Index > BW General
367 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 19 Next All
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-14 04:10:29
January 14 2016 04:10 GMT
#61
On January 14 2016 12:05 Monochromatic wrote:
I'd love for tasteless to cast BW. I'd love to start watching the game, but there a couple things that have kept holding me back.

The first issue I have is that I don;t understand how things work. A good caster can fix this problem for me.

The second problem is the low quality in many older vods. New casts would fix this problem.

I'd love it if Tasteless started casting BW, if only because it would introduce me to the game.



Well i don't think there is any company that would pay Tasteless what he gets from casting SC2. That's the problem. Also he wouldn't cast a game that is already dead sadly ;_; That's what i think.
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
January 14 2016 04:20 GMT
#62
If real passion he will gladly take pay cut for once chance to cast BW again for old time sake.
ignore the game that started your career is disrespect imo ^ ^ especially dan...
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
January 14 2016 04:43 GMT
#63
On January 14 2016 11:35 NiGoL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2016 08:43 Freezard wrote:
On January 14 2016 08:30 NiGoL wrote:
On January 14 2016 08:22 Freezard wrote:
Haven't watched BW since it all died off, would defo watch BW again if Tasteless and/or Artosis returns. Tried to find VODs for the VNSL tournament that is going on currently but there doesn't seem to be any small VOD thread like there used to be. Anyway, I don't care much about SC2 anymore, I only watch the really big events and even then I mostly have it on in the background... it just never was as exciting to watch (or play) as BW was. Hopefully BW can return once LotV fades off and the modern BW version is released.


I've been talking to a few pros and they think that LotV is way better than the previous expansion. It's fast paced and everything is just better. But the fact that sc2 imo is a very bad game compared to broodwar might be enough for LotV to die as a game. Just watch the viewers count on twitch and it says a lot. even tho it might get higher with LotV.


I have watched some LotV and yes it's definitely an improvement, but like you said I think it's a little bit too late. SC2 is still SC2 and LotV is what it should have been on release (many pros also said this). I like that LotV is more micro oriented because that's the fun part when it comes to spectating, although it's still just a group of units vs another group of units with some shooting back and forth.

It's not impossible that BW returns because BW died because of SC2, and if SC2 dies... well, why not bring back the game whose scene just abruptly ended? Of course I'm talking about some kind of HD version of BW being released as well for it to happen, it wouldn't be the first time people go back to an old game that was modernized.

On January 14 2016 08:38 tanngard wrote:
On January 14 2016 08:22 Freezard wrote:
Haven't watched BW since it all died off, would defo watch BW again if Tasteless and/or Artosis returns. Tried to find VODs for the VNSL tournament that is going on currently but there doesn't seem to be any small VOD thread like there used to be. Anyway, I don't care much about SC2 anymore, I only watch the really big events and even then I mostly have it on in the background... it just never was as exciting to watch (or play) as BW was. Hopefully BW can return once LotV fades off and the modern BW version is released.

No small VOD thread? Just look at the tournament section and you will find small VOD thread 2.0. We got everything on there.


Ah thanks! I've been away too long from these forums, I was looking in the general thread Now I'll watch some BW for sure, especially since I saw Bisu was playing :D



HD version of BW? You mean some type of BW Remake or a new expansion with better graphics and same playstyle? Yeah if that happens IT MIGHT happen. But they haven't announced anything close to that happening.

Yes BW died because SC2 was released. Also because BW foreign scene had almost no competitive tournaments left except teamliquids own tournament. Which affects every pro player to play this game. No money no motivation anymore. The thing that made BW so good even before the money came to the scene was that people played it with passion/love for the game. StarCraft2 never had that because it started with tournament winnings/salaries and streaming.

The passion is not there anymore for people who played BW. The only reason pros would pick BW over any popular game these days if the game was PUMPED with money and tournaments offline/online and companies supporting . I can't see that happening at all. And another type of BW coming out wont happen either, I'm pretty sure of that. And i think i read some statement from the blizzard employees that it wont. I'm not 100% sure of this but I think I've seen it somewhere before SC2 came out.

People still love BW and plays it occasionally under smurf nicks.

agree that bw for foreigners is dead. an hd remake would be awesome but i dont have faith in blizzard to pull it off correctly (unless theres a lot of positive signs with overwatch). another hope would be a fan clone but that would defend on blizzard holding back their legal power
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 14 2016 05:03 GMT
#64
Koreans are better at playing... Koreans are better at casting, even if I don't speak or understand a word of Korean.

I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
January 14 2016 07:04 GMT
#65
On January 14 2016 01:56 riotjune wrote:
Brood War HD?

Yes, that'd be so awesome. Not increased area you can see, leave all game mechanics unchanged, just higher resolution sprites. Someone would have to actually do the new sprites though... Would add sooo much to the spectator experience. Right now sc:bw kindof hurts my eyes as I am used to more modern games. :/

Anyway it'd be really cool with some tastosis casting, and I'd happily return to watch a bit.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
January 14 2016 07:36 GMT
#66
On January 13 2016 21:58 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2016 21:50 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
On January 13 2016 21:23 BisuDagger wrote:
If they return, I'll retire as a caster. There's really no point in casting anymore if they come back. I've casted the game the past 4 years because I love the game and did this with a full time job. To them, casting is a full time job and another way for them to make money. I can't and won't compete with that.

it doesnt make any sense.should we all retire cuz old school players re coming back ?

I'd focus more on writing news article and helping with foreign BW events to be honest. But my casting schedule is best fit for korean tournaments because I can cast from 4am-8am and then go in to work.

edit: To add perspective, I get paid for afreecaTV. Yes, I finally get paid for casting BW. This is the equivalent to you winning the TLS/TLC. Except for me, if I cast past 7am I've actually lost money at this point cause it cuts into my work hours. There is the potential I actually lost $150-$200 a week depending on how long a cast goes and if I don't get the opportunity to work a 42+ hour work week to recoup the cost. So since the start of VNSL I've lost close to $800 just to cast this league. Which, who cares about the money, I get to cast VNSL!

Look, my perspective is entirely selfish. Tastosis returning to Brood War would be amazing for the scene. I would welcome them and offer them any help I could and their return is probably one of the best things possible. But for me personally, it just really really sucks.


You get paid now ? Really ? Congrats man !

Oh and don't give up if they come back. They are on contract for GSL and SSL (oh ! :p S2SL. Bw forum sorry ).
So it would mainlly be a one time thing or something like that.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-14 09:26:33
January 14 2016 09:12 GMT
#67
edit.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
palexhur
Profile Joined May 2010
Colombia730 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-14 15:43:28
January 14 2016 15:42 GMT
#68
On January 13 2016 19:52 Endymion wrote:
didnt artosis say that sc2 was more strategically deep than scbw? lmfao, i hope tasteless comes back but tbh artosis just jumps where the money is... afreeca should get little 작은 수지 instead, if she wants to come back...


Well Artosis has to protect his income, is like one friend of mine who has been hired like for 5 different insurance companies in my country, anytime he is in a new one, he says to everybody that the actual is the best lol, you know he receives compensation bonus in his executive job, so it is the way to go.
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
January 14 2016 16:07 GMT
#69
Okay this would be pretty cool
rip passion
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-14 16:27:27
January 14 2016 16:26 GMT
#70
Haha this video is a classic



pt2
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
Esp1noza
Profile Joined September 2003
Russian Federation481 Posts
January 14 2016 19:35 GMT
#71
Tastosis my favorite casters ever. I hope it happens.
BroodWar forever
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
January 14 2016 19:59 GMT
#72
Like everyone I love tasteless but his sc2 casts are these days kind of lazy and I think the nostalgia may not be enough for his casts to be enjoyable now especially because he will be very outdated in terms of knowledge about the scene... Also I love amazingxkcd
can i get my estro logo back pls
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 14 2016 20:20 GMT
#73
On January 15 2016 04:59 aRyuujin wrote:
Like everyone I love tasteless but his sc2 casts are these days kind of lazy and I think the nostalgia may not be enough for his casts to be enjoyable now especially because he will be very outdated in terms of knowledge about the scene... Also I love amazingxkcd


I love you too man <3
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
January 14 2016 22:48 GMT
#74
I would totally watch that. I've watched more BW in the last year than SC2.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 15 2016 00:45 GMT
#75
No thanks. While I enjoyed their GSL casts back when WoL was released, I never watched any of their BW casts aside from the occasional vod on Medry's stream. The BW casts were not really entertaining enough for me. That and I mostly watch KR casters because of their energy. Given, I think BD and amazingxkcd have both done a wonderful job with casting BW from the times I've tuned in and would rather they continued casting because they are really passionate about it.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
January 15 2016 00:50 GMT
#76
On January 15 2016 04:59 aRyuujin wrote:
Like everyone I love tasteless but his sc2 casts are these days kind of lazy and I think the nostalgia may not be enough for his casts to be enjoyable now especially because he will be very outdated in terms of knowledge about the scene... Also I love amazingxkcd

Seeing how tasteless spends most of the time casting talking about game of thrones or pokemon, I don't think it should be a problem that he isn't up to date with BW. But yeah, I agree that the casts are lazy. Doesn't seem like they are watching the game always. If he comes to cast bw and does the usual story of not talking about the game I'll be disappointed. :/

On the discussion about the current bw casters: I haven't really watched much sc:bw after hybrid proleague, can someone point me to some of the best (English cast) games to watch in recent time? Maybe the current sc:bw casters are following the game rather than pokemon?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 00:57:54
January 15 2016 00:54 GMT
#77
On January 15 2016 09:50 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 04:59 aRyuujin wrote:
Like everyone I love tasteless but his sc2 casts are these days kind of lazy and I think the nostalgia may not be enough for his casts to be enjoyable now especially because he will be very outdated in terms of knowledge about the scene... Also I love amazingxkcd

Seeing how tasteless spends most of the time casting talking about game of thrones or pokemon, I don't think it should be a problem that he isn't up to date with BW. But yeah, I agree that the casts are lazy. Doesn't seem like they are watching the game always. If he comes to cast bw and does the usual story of not talking about the game I'll be disappointed. :/

On the discussion about the current bw casters: I haven't really watched much sc:bw after hybrid proleague, can someone point me to some of the best (English cast) games to watch in recent time? Maybe the current sc:bw casters are following the game rather than pokemon?

Best option to see the current best casters is to watch the TLC casts or VANT ones in the small vod thread in BW tournaments section.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 01:05:09
January 15 2016 00:59 GMT
#78
On January 15 2016 09:54 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 09:50 Cascade wrote:
On January 15 2016 04:59 aRyuujin wrote:
Like everyone I love tasteless but his sc2 casts are these days kind of lazy and I think the nostalgia may not be enough for his casts to be enjoyable now especially because he will be very outdated in terms of knowledge about the scene... Also I love amazingxkcd

Seeing how tasteless spends most of the time casting talking about game of thrones or pokemon, I don't think it should be a problem that he isn't up to date with BW. But yeah, I agree that the casts are lazy. Doesn't seem like they are watching the game always. If he comes to cast bw and does the usual story of not talking about the game I'll be disappointed. :/

On the discussion about the current bw casters: I haven't really watched much sc:bw after hybrid proleague, can someone point me to some of the best (English cast) games to watch in recent time? Maybe the current sc:bw casters are following the game rather than pokemon?

Best option to see the current best casters is to watch the TLC casts or VANT ones in the small vod thread in BW tournaments section.


you can also check out ICCup BW TV, Tournaments and showmatches casted, such as ICCup A/B Tours, End Season Tours, C -OSL 6, ESPB Nation Wars.
Broodwar for life!
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 15 2016 01:17 GMT
#79
On January 15 2016 09:54 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 09:50 Cascade wrote:
On January 15 2016 04:59 aRyuujin wrote:
Like everyone I love tasteless but his sc2 casts are these days kind of lazy and I think the nostalgia may not be enough for his casts to be enjoyable now especially because he will be very outdated in terms of knowledge about the scene... Also I love amazingxkcd

Seeing how tasteless spends most of the time casting talking about game of thrones or pokemon, I don't think it should be a problem that he isn't up to date with BW. But yeah, I agree that the casts are lazy. Doesn't seem like they are watching the game always. If he comes to cast bw and does the usual story of not talking about the game I'll be disappointed. :/

On the discussion about the current bw casters: I haven't really watched much sc:bw after hybrid proleague, can someone point me to some of the best (English cast) games to watch in recent time? Maybe the current sc:bw casters are following the game rather than pokemon?

Best option to see the current best casters is to watch the TLC casts or VANT ones in the small vod thread in BW tournaments section.

Here watch todays match: http://afreeca.tv/36846806/v/20598
Crank the volume as we had some sound issues to start off. We had a great cast though once the ball got rolling. :D
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
HerbMon
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States472 Posts
January 15 2016 04:08 GMT
#80
WOOOOOOOOOO please vote yes and make this happen!!
How we will win in the period ahead.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 249
JuggernautJason121
Nina 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 194
firebathero 77
910 43
Trap 25
NaDa 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0175
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9607
crisheroes1761
Liquid`Hasu1755
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g6001
Liquid`RaSZi5418
Beastyqt830
shahzam468
B2W.Neo287
Pyrionflax135
KnowMe129
ArmadaUGS112
ZombieGrub102
IndyStarCraft 85
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream384
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 10
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• Eskiya23 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV406
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• imaqtpie830
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.