• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6463 users

Tasteless and Artosis will cast VNSL semi-finals and final…

Forum Index > BW General
367 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 19 Next All
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
January 15 2016 12:01 GMT
#101
On January 15 2016 20:51 Duckvillelol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 20:49 Probemicro wrote:
is this just tasteless himself casting?

On January 15 2016 20:14 Heartland wrote:
and with we I mean me. Bow down before your king peasants!

I put bisudagger and amazingxck out of their jobs.


nice manners there attention seeker.


Tasteless just confirmed a little bit ago on the GSL stream that Artosis will be joining him.


ah thanks. (since the OP title didnt mention artosis in the first place...)
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
January 15 2016 12:02 GMT
#102
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 12:06:00
January 15 2016 12:05 GMT
#103
On January 15 2016 21:02 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.


Ahh okay - the dates on the Liquipedia for the finals must be wrong then.

So I'm guessing the 3rd place match and grand final will be on the same day yeah? I can't see dates anywhere at the moment.
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 12:15:23
January 15 2016 12:14 GMT
#104
On January 15 2016 21:05 Duckvillelol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:02 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.


Ahh okay - the dates on the Liquipedia for the finals must be wrong then.

So I'm guessing the 3rd place match and grand final will be on the same day yeah? I can't see dates anywhere at the moment.

its effort vs zero on Monday and then the finals on the 23rd
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 14:14:42
January 15 2016 12:20 GMT
#105
On January 15 2016 21:05 Duckvillelol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:02 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.


Ahh okay - the dates on the Liquipedia for the finals must be wrong then.

So I'm guessing the 3rd place match and grand final will be on the same day yeah? I can't see dates anywhere at the moment.

The next semifinals match is next Monday. On Thursday the 3rd/4th place match will be played.. The Saturday following will be the finals.Tasteless and Artosis will be casting the semifinals and the finals, but not the third place match.

On January 15 2016 20:43 Heartland wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 20:37 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:14 Heartland wrote:
and with we I mean me. Bow down before your king peasants!

1. This thread and your tweets had no impact. This decision was actually made some time before this and I cannot discuss the details.
2. This could possibly mean that XKCD and I will not be able to return as casters for this tournament.

You're loyalty here is to a brand instead of to people who are passionate about the game. It's completely a sellout. The conditions for them even getting to cast the last two games is disgusting and entirely unfair. I can't discuss what transgressed as long as I'm employed by Afeeca, but will make it clear they are a top notch company and their staff have been amazing throughout this situation.


I am really sorry if this caused you issues. It was never my intention :/

This thread caused me a hell out a lot of stress, but again, this is a situation that can't be controlled. Let me just put it this way, someone out there is forcing me to share what I consider the epitome of my involvement with Brood War. The only people I want to share this moment with is my co-caster AmazingXKCD and the small and incredibly hard working Brood War Staff.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Ruff_kz
Profile Joined August 2015
Kazakhstan36 Posts
January 15 2016 12:32 GMT
#106
Good news! I liked his casts on GomTV.
"Keep on dreaming, boy, cause someday you will shine" (Ogogo).
Liquid`Zephyr
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States996 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 12:39:49
January 15 2016 12:37 GMT
#107
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited
Team LiquidPoorUser
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 12:56:06
January 15 2016 12:49 GMT
#108
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
January 15 2016 13:24 GMT
#109
Haven't watched BW in years but I can't wait for this.
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 13:52:04
January 15 2016 13:49 GMT
#110
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?

I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 13:57:04
January 15 2016 13:55 GMT
#111
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


he specifically said over the last 5 years, but I see your point, although its pretty frustrating from his point of view too, you give your all to this league even for the sub 100 viewers that they got and then at the last minute get taken over by the big dogs.

but you're right they could totally get more attention from this.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 15 2016 13:58 GMT
#112
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 15 2016 14:01 GMT
#113
On January 15 2016 21:20 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:05 Duckvillelol wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:02 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.


Ahh okay - the dates on the Liquipedia for the finals must be wrong then.

So I'm guessing the 3rd place match and grand final will be on the same day yeah? I can't see dates anywhere at the moment.

The next semifinals match is next Tuesday. On Thursday the 3rd/4th place match will be played.. The Saturday following will be the finals.Tasteless and Artosis will be casting the semifinals and the finals, but not the third place match.




Isn't it the next Monday??

Still hope to see your "boing boing" on camera. You promised!!
#FPPS
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 15 2016 14:15 GMT
#114
On January 15 2016 23:01 Zera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:20 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:05 Duckvillelol wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:02 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 15 2016 20:48 Duckvillelol wrote:
So is it confirmed that it's VNSL though? Isn't it finishing up this weekend? Tasteless specifically said "next week"?

Yes, on the 18th to be exact.


Ahh okay - the dates on the Liquipedia for the finals must be wrong then.

So I'm guessing the 3rd place match and grand final will be on the same day yeah? I can't see dates anywhere at the moment.

The next semifinals match is next Tuesday. On Thursday the 3rd/4th place match will be played.. The Saturday following will be the finals.Tasteless and Artosis will be casting the semifinals and the finals, but not the third place match.




Isn't it the next Monday??

Still hope to see your "boing boing" on camera. You promised!!

Yes! Edited above post. And I will "boing" regardless of surveys filled out :D
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
palexhur
Profile Joined May 2010
Colombia730 Posts
January 15 2016 14:16 GMT
#115
So, no more easy money for Artosis and the shrinking SC2 in Korea and worldwide? I am not against this guy pumping out SC2 scene but sometimes he shows some condescendant behavior about BW, I am for sure not watching him.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 15 2016 14:20 GMT
#116
guess the cat is out of the bag now. Me and bisudagger will still be casting so we still enjoy all the viewers that tune in to watch some epic brood war.


The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
January 15 2016 14:52 GMT
#117
On January 15 2016 23:20 amazingxkcd wrote:
guess the cat is out of the bag now. Me and bisudagger will still be casting so we still enjoy all the viewers that tune in to watch some epic brood war.




Im not out of the bag dude, I love the bag!
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 14:57:48
January 15 2016 14:57 GMT
#118
On January 15 2016 23:52 iloveav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 23:20 amazingxkcd wrote:
guess the cat is out of the bag now. Me and bisudagger will still be casting so we still enjoy all the viewers that tune in to watch some epic brood war.




Im not out of the bag dude, I love the bag!


oh you.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 15:00:15
January 15 2016 14:59 GMT
#119


also:


and:


I guess hes doing some casting for the BW community
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
TempoNickHotS
Profile Joined January 2016
1 Post
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 15:03:02
January 15 2016 15:01 GMT
#120
edit: beat me to it ^
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 150
910 47
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
NeuroSwarm155
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8708
Liquid`Hasu1457
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3104
shahzam589
JimRising 344
C9.Mang0180
B2W.Neo175
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
gamesdonequick17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.