• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6507 users

Tasteless and Artosis will cast VNSL semi-finals and final…

Forum Index > BW General
367 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 15 2016 15:16 GMT
#121
On January 15 2016 23:59 NiGoL wrote:


also:


and:


I guess hes doing some casting for the BW community



Fear mongering much?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
January 15 2016 15:20 GMT
#122
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

It's not like this is something uncommon in casting. It happens in sports all the time that former professionals makes guest appearances at semi-finals/finals in tournaments and also in games, just look at the EU tournaments in Melee which were casted by "unknown" EU casters as well but then the star US casters took over when top 8 came around. You're talking as if Tasteless and Artosis would take over the whole BW scene when probably they'll only cast these games and that's it, it's not the end of your career. Tasteless was the one who actually got me interested in BW back when he casted WCG 2006, not only watching but he got me playing the game as well, and I know he did the same for a ton of other people. I have never heard you cast or anything but you're saying that you're happy about BW getting more attention but from your posts it's pretty obvious that you're not; you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community, because I'm sorry to tell you but the community wanted Tasteless and Artosis back to cast and that's what they got. I probably sound like an angry man but your posts are very disrespectful to the people who got me into the scene and have done a ton of work and that makes me upset.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 15 2016 15:23 GMT
#123
Tastosis casting the semis and finals should bring in more people to watch BW again, which should be a positive to everyone. It's also not like they're crashing in without ever having done anything for the community; Tasteless pioneered professional English casting, first at WCG, then in Korea which he moved for and left behind everything without knowing if it'd pay off. Artosis has more than earned his marks as well. Though I can understand why you're frustrated about them stealing the thunder, realize that they've both done incredible things for BW and that their arrival can only be a net gain for the BW community at large.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
January 15 2016 15:26 GMT
#124
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


This is kind of the discussion the SC2 community had after LotV came out and all the SC2 people came running back from Hearthstone/Heroes of the Storm.

I get why it chafes, but Artosis/Tasteless are big name casters, and having them be the casters for the English BW stream will draw more viewers than people who are mostly known in the BW scene.

Brood War fans will watch Brood War regardless, but Tasteless and Artosis can bring in dozens, maybe hundreds of new viewers, some of whom will fall in love and stick around. That's nothing but good for the scene.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 15:39:05
January 15 2016 15:28 GMT
#125
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

It's not like this is something uncommon in casting. It happens in sports all the time that former professionals makes guest appearances at semi-finals/finals in tournaments and also in games, just look at the EU tournaments in Melee which were casted by "unknown" EU casters as well but then the star US casters took over when top 8 came around. You're talking as if Tasteless and Artosis would take over the whole BW scene when probably they'll only cast these games and that's it, it's not the end of your career. Tasteless was the one who actually got me interested in BW back when he casted WCG 2006, not only watching but he got me playing the game as well, and I know he did the same for a ton of other people. I have never heard you cast or anything but you're saying that you're happy about BW getting more attention but from your posts it's pretty obvious that you're not; you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community, because I'm sorry to tell you but the community wanted Tasteless and Artosis back to cast and that's what they got. I probably sound like an angry man but your posts are very disrespectful to the people who got me into the scene and have done a ton of work and that makes me upset.


actually he is happy and at the same time bitter about it, lets face it, BW is not a very popular game outside of korea, so any opportunity to promote it is going to make us happy even at some sacrifice, but thats kinda the point, sacrifice hurts, you're gonna wince in pain.

it sounds selfish, but I guess they can be a little selfish considering the work they put in even if a lot of it went unnoticed.

but regardless they still get to cast so if you're interested do catch their stream too.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 15 2016 16:06 GMT
#126
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

It's not like this is something uncommon in casting. It happens in sports all the time that former professionals makes guest appearances at semi-finals/finals in tournaments and also in games, just look at the EU tournaments in Melee which were casted by "unknown" EU casters as well but then the star US casters took over when top 8 came around. You're talking as if Tasteless and Artosis would take over the whole BW scene when probably they'll only cast these games and that's it, it's not the end of your career. Tasteless was the one who actually got me interested in BW back when he casted WCG 2006, not only watching but he got me playing the game as well, and I know he did the same for a ton of other people. I have never heard you cast or anything but you're saying that you're happy about BW getting more attention but from your posts it's pretty obvious that you're not; you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community, because I'm sorry to tell you but the community wanted Tasteless and Artosis back to cast and that's what they got. I probably sound like an angry man but your posts are very disrespectful to the people who got me into the scene and have done a ton of work and that makes me upset.


You see, those star apperances are normaly discussed at the start of the season so it's not like a thunderstrike from a clear sky (native idiom). So I completely understand why that makes BD upset.

As for upcoming cast- quality over quantity for me. They better be well prepared for the cast and I hope we won't be hearing "spine crawlers" throughout the games.
#FPPS
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-15 16:31:13
January 15 2016 16:30 GMT
#127
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
[...] but you're saying that you're happy about BW getting more attention but from your posts it's pretty obvious that you're not; you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community, because I'm sorry to tell you but the community wanted Tasteless and Artosis back to cast and that's what they got. I probably sound like an angry man but your posts are very disrespectful to the people who got me into the scene and have done a ton of work and that makes me upset.


Regardless of what I think of BD's attitude about this and that, I can fully understand where he comes from, can respect him for being somewhat bitter, whereas you are the perfect symbol for everything that made most fan pages unreadable, unenjoyable and created an atmosphere of super hyped up artificial bullshit everytime a glimpse from the past is being discussed.

Let's get a few things clear: I respect Artosis, I loved Tasteless back in the day, but they're gone. They're not around anymore. I don't mind them being back every once and again, and I don't think they are to blame. People like you on the other hand are. I don't give a rat's ass about "the community" and "the attention BW now gets". You follow two somewhat known people, that's it. You won't stick around for the leagues, you won't regularly turn in, you won't donate any money, you won't do jack shit to help Brood War, and - most importantly - you won't play the game. All you will do is sit down, participate in a discussion you do not belong in and go after a comment you know was written with emotions boiling over slightly. It was by no means disrespectful or coming from some outsider, but someone who faces a shitty situation, someone who at least tries to do some shit. He wasn't even being insulting.

Again, I'm not anti-tasteless or oldschoolers, I'm against pathetic morons following them into our forums, where they feel entitled to press their crap opinions about how sisisisisiserious esportzzzz should work. If you would really care, like really, I would listen to you. But you don't, you'll be gone soon enough. Hence, keep your head up BD/XKCD, hf to those who'll enjoy the two hours of tasteless. To all hype trainer kids: go fuck yourselves.

User was temp banned for this post.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7079 Posts
January 15 2016 16:40 GMT
#128
well they just did it bad from the begin,i never understood why afreeca having the best starcraft casters in their company decided to recruit new guys for the bw league,and for sure it sux from the point of view of dagger.but at the same time this is a good thing,many many people wanted tastosis to cast some bw (me included)so yeah im happy for that.thx to them we have alot of material to learn from,we knew better korean teams thx to them.so welcome back home boys !
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
January 15 2016 16:52 GMT
#129
Don't be mad dude. You are not just replaced as such, but rather replaced by the best casters out there. It's like you are substituted from a match to let Messi in.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
January 15 2016 16:56 GMT
#130
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community

Why do you shit talk one of the biggest contributers to this forum as if he cannot state his reasons why he stopped doing things that lost him quite a bit of money??????
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
January 15 2016 17:06 GMT
#131
First cast is ZvZ
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
January 15 2016 17:09 GMT
#132
On January 16 2016 02:06 iamho wrote:
First cast is ZvZ


Yeah but its ZerO's ZvZ there potential for hive tech.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
January 15 2016 17:10 GMT
#133
Bisudagger, thank you for your nice casts

Let's hope tasteless also does a good job so we all, hopefully you too, can enjoy watching the matches.
maru G5L pls
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
January 15 2016 17:11 GMT
#134
On January 16 2016 01:56 sabas123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community

Why do you shit talk one of the biggest contributers to this forum as if he cannot state his reasons why he stopped doing things that lost him quite a bit of money??????

Uh in what way am I shit talking him? If anything he is shit talking Tasteless/Artosis, saying they're only following the calls of the $$$. The last 4 pages I've read him (and his co-commentator) complain and post how bad this is for him, being bitter is fine but it's a personal problem that doesn't belong in this thread since this thread is about Tasteless coming back to cast BW and all he's been spreading is a negative tone to the whole thing.
ReMinD_
Profile Joined May 2013
Croatia846 Posts
January 15 2016 17:13 GMT
#135
Welp, I misclicked 'no'.

I'd watch Tastosis cast The Flowers of Robert Mapplethorpe for CD-i.
Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these.
palexhur
Profile Joined May 2010
Colombia730 Posts
January 15 2016 17:17 GMT
#136
On January 16 2016 02:11 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 01:56 sabas123 wrote:
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community

Why do you shit talk one of the biggest contributers to this forum as if he cannot state his reasons why he stopped doing things that lost him quite a bit of money??????

Uh in what way am I shit talking him? If anything he is shit talking Tasteless/Artosis, saying they're only following the calls of the $$$. The last 4 pages I've read him (and his co-commentator) complain and post how bad this is for him, being bitter is fine but it's a personal problem that doesn't belong in this thread since this thread is about Tasteless coming back to cast BW and all he's been spreading is a negative tone to the whole thing.


Well they are not coming back for the good will of BW only for sure.
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
January 15 2016 17:18 GMT
#137
On January 16 2016 02:09 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 02:06 iamho wrote:
First cast is ZvZ


Yeah but its ZerO's ZvZ there potential for hive tech.


Honestly, I've always thought hive tech ZvZ was pretty boring. Usually its both players turtling in base until one game ending engagement.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
January 15 2016 17:21 GMT
#138
On January 16 2016 02:11 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 01:56 sabas123 wrote:
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community

Why do you shit talk one of the biggest contributers to this forum as if he cannot state his reasons why he stopped doing things that lost him quite a bit of money??????

Uh in what way am I shit talking him? If anything he is shit talking Tasteless/Artosis, saying they're only following the calls of the $$$. The last 4 pages I've read him (and his co-commentator) complain and post how bad this is for him, being bitter is fine but it's a personal problem that doesn't belong in this thread since this thread is about Tasteless coming back to cast BW and all he's been spreading is a negative tone to the whole thing.

Who said this was about money, this has nothing to do with money
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51506 Posts
January 15 2016 17:22 GMT
#139
On January 16 2016 02:18 iamho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 02:09 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 16 2016 02:06 iamho wrote:
First cast is ZvZ


Yeah but its ZerO's ZvZ there potential for hive tech.


Honestly, I've always thought hive tech ZvZ was pretty boring. Usually its both players turtling in base until one game ending engagement.


Then you've never seen ZerO vs great on Triathlon
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 15 2016 17:34 GMT
#140
On January 16 2016 02:11 Freezard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2016 01:56 sabas123 wrote:
On January 16 2016 00:20 Freezard wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:58 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 22:49 mikedebo wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:49 BisuDagger wrote:
On January 15 2016 21:37 Liquid`Zephyr wrote:
^its cool what youve done for the bw community and sry you got bone, really, but calling people who are coming back to bw fair weather fans, or for the first time in a while because of tastosis feels myopic, insulting and borderline obnoxious

ill be tuning in for the first time in a few years with some friends and am v excited

I take good advice when I see it. I fixed my post. I more meant, there are many people who actually helped contribute to the scene and get me to a point where I could professionally cast a tournament of this level. And I would gladly share the spotlight with any of them over two casters who have contributed nothing for the past 4-5 years.


Maybe we should instead consider that there probably wouldn't have been an english bw scene at all in the first place to draw a legacy from if it wasn't for them. Alternately, having the casting archon involved in this may give you and your co-casters a lot more attention and opportunity than what you had previously.

Anyways I'm happy this thread exists because I didn't know any of this stuff was happening at all. Are there VODs of old matches so that I can try to catch up before this happens?


I agree 100%. This would be the most awesome thing ever if they were announced the casters at the beginning of the tournament. But the difference is, we applied and we hired on as paid casters. We have been doing this cast since October. Now just two games left and we have to share this experience with them? It's like asking a player to share their 1st place trophy with someone else. I really want to be happy that Brood War is getting enough attention to bring back guys who contributed so much to building the international community and in fact I really am. But my pride has really been kicked to the curb because of how this transpired.

you're selfish and you keep posting about a personal problem that isn't even shared with the community

Why do you shit talk one of the biggest contributers to this forum as if he cannot state his reasons why he stopped doing things that lost him quite a bit of money??????

Uh in what way am I shit talking him? If anything he is shit talking Tasteless/Artosis, saying they're only following the calls of the $$$. The last 4 pages I've read him (and his co-commentator) complain and post how bad this is for him, being bitter is fine but it's a personal problem that doesn't belong in this thread since this thread is about Tasteless coming back to cast BW and all he's been spreading is a negative tone to the whole thing.


I haven't said anything negative about this but I do admit that BD is quite affected by this. Now, I have my personal opinions but ultimately, this will net more viewers for Brood War and that's something that we all want to achieve together.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 150
910 47
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
NeuroSwarm155
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8708
Liquid`Hasu1457
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3104
shahzam589
JimRising 344
C9.Mang0180
B2W.Neo175
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
gamesdonequick17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 7m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.